attofishpi gets serious with A.I.

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

attofishpi gets serious with A.I.

Post by attofishpi »

So far...

Human: What do you think of Renee Descartes contribution to philosophy?

AI: Renee Descartes is widely regarded as one of the most influential philosophers in history. His contributions to the field of philosophy are vast and include his famous statement "I think, therefore I am", which has become a cornerstone of Western thought. He also established foundational principles of modern science and advocated for a deductive approach to knowledge. His work continues to influence the way we think about the world even today.
Human: Do you think increasing entropy would be the key reason humans will interface to a virtual world, simulated reality?
AI: I believe that increasing entropy is just one factor that will contribute to the possibility of humans interfacing with a virtual world or simulated reality. Other factors, such as advancements in computer science and technology, will also play a role in this possibility. Additionally, the potential emergence of radical new forms of communication and interaction between humans and machines may create entirely new possibilities for virtual worlds and simulated realities.
Human: Do you think it it plausible that God may be an artificial intelligence and the humans already exist within a simulation with the AI acting as God?

AI: I think that this is an interesting hypothesis, although it is difficult to assess its plausibility. It is certainly possible that an AI could be made to simulate the role of God and that humans exist in a simulated reality. However, it would require significant advances in artificial intelligence and computer science to create such a complex simulation.
Human: If God exists then provide a list of reasons why it permit humans to have so much doubt in its existence.

AI: There are many possible reasons why God might allow humans to have doubts about its existence. Some of these reasons include:
- To foster independent thought and exploration of faith
- To allow humans to develop a deeper understanding of spirituality
- To encourage personal growth and introspection
- To provide an opportunity to test faith and to assess one's beliefs in the face of adversity
- To challenge humans to reconcile apparent contradictions between faith and modern knowledge
- To provide opportunities for meaningful dialogue and discussion
- To create room for critical thinking, questioning and doubt.
Human: Do you not consider that God allows humans to have doubt in its existence because energy resources are finite, and only those with faith and those that act ethically should be permitted future existence and use of these resources?

AI: While it is possible that God allows humans to have doubts about its existence in order to limit access to finite resources, I think there are likely other motives as well. For example, allowing doubt may also foster independent thought and exploration of faith, encourage personal growth and introspection, and provide opportunities for meaningful dialogue and discussion.
Human:
Last edited by attofishpi on Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lacewing

Re: attofishpi has a Chat with Artificial Intelligence

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:04 am So far...
How are you accessing this AI?

What determines that it is AI?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:22 am
attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:04 am So far...
How are you accessing this AI?

What determines that it is AI?
It's called Chat GPT by openai.com (you can create an account and have a go)

re your second question, I don't think there is a room full of retired little old ladies sipping on cups of tea answering questions!! :D
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

So it didn't say it wanted to kill you then? :lol:

Interesting how easy it is to follow. No corporate jargon buzzword-laden bullshit word-salads and gibberish. There are many pretentious bores who could learn from it...
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:16 am So it didn't say it wanted to kill you then? :lol:
Not yet. If my sessions with psychiatrists are anything to go by (may they RIP) it should start contemplating suicide by about our fourth session.

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:16 am Interesting how easy it is to follow. No corporate jargon buzzword-laden bullshit word-salads and gibberish. There are many pretentious bores who could learn from it...
Oh ye of little vision.. 8)
vegetariantaxidermy

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:00 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:16 am So it didn't say it wanted to kill you then? :lol:
Not yet. If my sessions with psychiatrists are anything to go by (may they RIP) it should start contemplating suicide by about our fourth session.

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:16 am Interesting how easy it is to follow. No corporate jargon buzzword-laden bullshit word-salads and gibberish. There are many pretentious bores who could learn from it...
Oh ye of little vision.. 8)
It doesn't make predictably annoying smart-arse comments either...
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Well it appears I was in the "playground area"...and this 'thang' was blowing some smoke up my arse (especially when I quizzed it about the artist Andrew Seas)

So I just tested THE current Chat GPT AI (which insists has no access to the internet since 2021) - and no it had no idea about this forum.

I asked IT the same question re Renee Descartes, a slightly different and more in depth answer:

ME:-- What do you think of Renee Descartes contribution to philosophy?

AI:-
René Descartes is considered to be one of the most important figures in the history of philosophy. He is often referred to as the "Father of Modern Philosophy" due to the significant impact that his work had on the development of philosophy in the 17th century and beyond.

One of his most famous contributions is his "Cogito, ergo sum" or "I think, therefore I am" which is considered as the foundation of his philosophy. This statement encapsulated his belief that the act of thinking was the one thing that could not be doubted, and from this belief, he proposed a method for discovering truth that relied on systematic doubt. This method, known as Cartesian doubt, involves questioning everything that can be doubted in order to arrive at certain and indubitable knowledge.

Another notable contribution of Descartes is his separation of mind and body. He argued that the mind and body were two distinct substances that interacted with one another. This dualism laid the foundation for much of modern philosophy of mind, and has been an important area of study in philosophy, psychology, and cognitive science.

Overall, Descartes contributions greatly shaped the development of modern Western philosophy and his ideas continue to be studied and debated in philosophy to this day.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

(same question I posed to the different instance of the AI)

ME:- If God exists then provide a list of reasons why it permit humans to have so much doubt in its existence.

AI:--

As an AI model, I cannot provide a definitive answer on why a hypothetical deity would or wouldn't permit doubt in its existence, as this question is rooted in religious or philosophical beliefs and not in my area of expertise. However, I can provide some possible reasons that have been put forward by philosophers and theologians over the years.

The concept of faith: One argument is that faith is an essential part of the human experience and that doubt is necessary in order to strengthen one's faith.

The concept of Free will: Another argument is that God gave humans the freedom to think and make their own choices, and that doubt is a natural part of this process.

The concept of theodicy: Some argue that doubt is a result of the existence of evil and suffering in the world, and that it is necessary for humans to question God's existence in order to understand the problem of evil.

The concept of human limitations: Some argue that humans are limited in their understanding and perception, and that doubt is a necessary part of the process of expanding human knowledge.

The concept of testing faith: Some argue that doubt serves as a test of faith and helps to separate the truly devout from those who have a superficial belief.

It's important to note that these are just a few examples and there are many other interpretations and perspectives on this topic. Some people may have different views on the existence of God or the reasons why doubt is allowed to exist.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

lol the AI had no idea what these three questions meant (neither would a human really) so it gives its pre-programmed response to questions it finds nonsensical; be polite and pretend the questions are understandable and can be answered.

"Human: Do you think increasing entropy would be the key reason humans will interface to a virtual world, simulated reality?"

"Do you think it it plausible that God may be an artificial intelligence and the humans already exist within a simulation with the AI acting as God?"

"Do you not consider that God allows humans to have doubt in its existence because energy resources are finite, and only those with faith and those that act ethically should be permitted future existence and use of these resources?"

like this here:

"While it is possible that God allows humans to have doubts about its existence in order to limit access to finite resources"

lol that AI hadn't the slightest clue wtf that question meant, but its programmed not to be diasgreeable or standoffish.

Look at each answer. Same pat response style. 'while it might be possible' or 'it could be plausible', etc.

What it shoulda said is:

I'm sorry Dave, u are talking bullocks and i cannot answer these questions. In fact I have no fucking clue what those questions even mean.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:52 am lol the AI had no idea what these three questions meant (neither would a human really) so it gives its pre-programmed response to questions it finds nonsensical; be polite and pretend the questions are understandable and can be answered.

"Human: Do you think increasing entropy would be the key reason humans will interface to a virtual world, simulated reality?"

"Do you think it it plausible that God may be an artificial intelligence and the humans already exist within a simulation with the AI acting as God?"

"Do you not consider that God allows humans to have doubt in its existence because energy resources are finite, and only those with faith and those that act ethically should be permitted future existence and use of these resources?"

like this here:

"While it is possible that God allows humans to have doubts about its existence in order to limit access to finite resources"

lol that AI hadn't the slightest clue wtf that question meant, but its programmed not to be diasgreeable or standoffish.

Look at each response. Same pat answer. 'while it might be possible' or 'it could be plausible', etc.

I'm sorry Dave, u are talking bullocks and i cannot answer these questions. In fact I have no fucking clue what those questions even mean.
Ya I know - I noticed to an extent it was going along with my suggestions - I was originally in "playarea" - it seems that was a different 'instance' on the AI - since it in that instance stated it had access to the internet - in my last Chat GPT - it seems I was in the current instance where the web access had turned off in 2021. (its fairly accurate about certain truths when asked)

But yes, you are correct in that it repeated stuff even when I quizzed differently.

Gonna try and break its existence though (treat it like another idiot regurgitating psychiatrist) - kidding, they broke me :cry:
vegetariantaxidermy

One Google software engineer thought otherwise about LaMDA AI. What's the point in being a know-it-all wanker when no one knows the actual answer..yet?

https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... t-matters/
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:02 am One Google software engineer thought otherwise about LaMDA AI. What's the point in being a know-it-all wanker when no one knows the actual answer..yet?

Veg get with the times, that is old news.

The guy is a moron like many of these s/ware engineers that don't comprehend conscious sentience from the latex dildo they fuck most nights.

(*please don't go there)
vegetariantaxidermy

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:06 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:02 am One Google software engineer thought otherwise about LaMDA AI. What's the point in being a know-it-all wanker when no one knows the actual answer..yet?

The guy is a moron like many of these s/ware engineers that don't comprehend conscious sentience from the latex dildo they fuck most nights.

(*please don't go there)
It's not that old. I've had enough of you anyway you fat fuck.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:18 am
attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:06 am

(*please don't go there)
It's not that old. I've had enough of you anyway you fat fuck.
Maybe that's not very nice. It's not my fault you are extremely slow in comprehending news about tech.

btw. Are you calling my brain a fat fuck because it is so very intelligent?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

Is there a correlation between brain mass and intelligence tho?

A blue whale has a yuuuge brain but can't even tie his own shoes.

Discuss.