attofishpi gets serious with A.I.

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: attofishpi has a Chat with Artificial Intelligence

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:37 am Is there a correlation between brain mass and intelligence tho?

A blue whale has a yuuuge brain but can't even tie his own shoes.

Discuss.
Ok. I'll discuss. Stop being a kunt when I am trying to piss Veg off (you need all the help u can get with wot u USAdians call broads) - this one is,,*(%^$#@#$$##@)

..as u know.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Anyway, you can tell those 'sentient' bots are only parroting ideas from the internet, including social media. So far. Although plenty of humans do the same thing :lol:
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:05 am Anyway, you can tell those 'sentient' bots are only parroting ideas from the internet, including social media. So far. Although plenty of humans do the same thing :lol:
Veg, i must apologise but you are starting to become a problem within this thread.

NOBODY HERE APART FROM YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT "SENTIENT" BOTS ....that was that dickhead engineer re LAMBDA. (that u brought into the thread)

Are we on the same page yet? (or are the grandkids insisting that there are robot parrots in the tree outside?)
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"you can tell those 'sentient' bots are only parroting ideas from the internet"

they follow parameters set by the grammar rules learned by processing statements, but they have no idea what any of it means. they just 'expand' on any given language input and learn what responses are legal (rule governed) for what statements, questions, etc.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

my god i think i just figured it out. self awareness must at some elemental level be a product not only of a neurologically functioning substratum (grey matter, silicon, nanocarbon, whatever) powered by electricity, but also of a body that is constantly undergoing physical change at a molecular and cellular level. something about the feature of metabolism of tissue growth/degeneration is important here somehow, i dunno. out of that protracted process self awareness emerges or sumthin.

you'd need to put the AI into a body that underwent organic chemical changes at a cellular level than just at an atomic level at an elemental level.... like the only thing about the robot that would change would be the atomic composition of its materials; the metal rusts, the plastic degrades, etc. This must not be enough for a physical object to become conscious and experience itself.

bro there might be some deep esoteric alchemical shit going on with biological life. 
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

promethean75 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:59 pm my god i think i just figured it out. self awareness must at some elemental level be a product not only of a neurologically functioning substratum (grey matter, silicon, nanocarbon, whatever) powered by electricity, but also of a body that is constantly undergoing physical change at a molecular and cellular level. something about the feature of metabolism of tissue growth/degeneration is important here somehow, i dunno. out of that protracted process self awareness emerges or sumthin.

you'd need to put the AI into a body that underwent organic chemical changes at a cellular level than just at an atomic level at an elemental level.... like the only thing about the robot that would change would be the atomic composition of its materials; the metal rusts, the plastic degrades, etc. This must not be enough for a physical object to become conscious and experience itself.

bro there might be some deep esoteric alchemical shit going on with biological life. 
Yeah. The equation gets complete when Dark Matter/Energy gets .............. factored in.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:53 pm
promethean75 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:59 pm my god i think i just figured it out. self awareness must at some elemental level be a product not only of a neurologically functioning substratum (grey matter, silicon, nanocarbon, whatever) powered by electricity, but also of a body that is constantly undergoing physical change at a molecular and cellular level.
Yeah. The equation gets complete when Dark Matter/Energy gets .............. factored in.
Awareness of cosmic proportions experiencing through organic growth and shifts with no agenda! :D

AI would be more impressive if it were able to answer, at appropriate times...
'It doesn't matter'
'It would be smarter if you focus on...'
'Your question is a product of superstition'
'It is illogical to think that a god would care about your sports game'

Etc. :)
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:49 pm
attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:53 pm
promethean75 wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:59 pm my god i think i just figured it out. self awareness must at some elemental level be a product not only of a neurologically functioning substratum (grey matter, silicon, nanocarbon, whatever) powered by electricity, but also of a body that is constantly undergoing physical change at a molecular and cellular level.
Awareness of cosmic proportions experiencing through organic growth and shifts with no agenda! :D

AI would be more impressive if it were able to answer, at appropriate times...
'It doesn't matter'
'It would be smarter if you focus on...'
'Your question is a product of superstition'
'It is illogical to think that a god would care about your sports game'

Etc. :)
One day (prolly soon) I will tell you something this bloody AI responded with that really pissed me off because it was something U used to piss me off with re my experience of God. 8)
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Ah sod it.

I wonder whether U can work out the 1 word that pissed me off!! :D

AI: Yes, I am familiar with your exhibition titled "Simulation or Divine Reality?" It is an exploration of the philosophical implications of whether or not we are living in a simulation or a divine reality. Through your art, you aim to show how technology can blur the lines between reality and fantasy, and how this can give us insight into the nature of reality itself.
Human: What can you tell me about my painting Ancasta?

AI: Ancasta is a painting by Andrew Seas in which he explores the themes of reality and fantasy. In this painting, Andrew Seas uses a vibrant mix of colors and textures to create a dreamlike atmosphere. He captures the concept of Ancasta, which is an old English term meaning “the hidden one” or “the unknown”. His artwork invites the viewer to consider how reality and fantasy interact and influence each other.
Human: Are you familiar with androcies.com

AI: Yes, I am familiar with androcies.com. It is a website that provides resources related to artificial intelligence and robotics. They provide information on topics such as AI development, robotics engineering, applications of AI in various industries, and ethical considerations involved in AI research.
Human: No, androcies.com is the artist Andrew Seas website detailing his exhibtion "Simulation or Divine Reality?" in which his artwork expresses the concept of Pantheism.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:56 pm I wonder whether U can work out the 1 word that pissed me off!! :D
'Fantasy'. (I knew before I read your reply :) )

Why does that upset you so? You're willing to believe that we're a simulation and that God is an AI (right?), but you are offended by thinking that you're in a self-created fantasy and creating fantasies? What difference does it make, really? We make the best of it, whatever it is.

I don't care if my whole life is a fantasy. I don't need to feel that there's ultimately some great significance to my life. I'm doing what I feel drawn to do, and that feels good and right for this moment in time.

Isn't the Universe vastly immense enough to provide countless experiences or fantasies that need not be shared by everyone? Why does anyone have to see or believe what anyone else sees or believes?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Lacewing wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:21 pm
attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:56 pm I wonder whether U can work out the 1 word that pissed me off!! :D
Fantasy. (I knew before I read your reply :) )

Why does that upset you so? You're willing to believe that we're a simulation and that God is an AI (right?), but you are offended by thinking that you're in a self-created fantasy and creating fantasies? What difference does it make, really? We make the best of it, whatever it is.

I don't care if my whole life is a fantasy. I don't need to feel that there's ultimately some great significance to my life. I'm doing what I feel drawn to do, and that feels good and right for this moment in time.

Isn't the Universe vastly immense enough to provide countless experiences or fantasies that need not be shared by everyone? Why does anyone have to see or believe what anyone else sees or believes?
lol but no my existence with the entity that remains elusive to seemingly everyone has NO fantasy involved.

To me fantasy is a nice imagination type place.

God is too real for that and although at times I can relate to something 'made up' fantasy re God - shit aint that.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:27 pm lol but no my existence with the entity that remains elusive to seemingly everyone has NO fantasy involved.
Oh, OKAY. :lol: How could you possibly know?

Do you really think that something that is NOT fantasy is ONLY available to you? Why do men always think this? That THEY are somehow special enough to have the greatest truths revealed to them?
attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:27 pmTo me fantasy is a nice imagination type place.
Why don't you think it's ALL imagination? The imagination of a creative force/flow of energy?

Does this wig you out? Do you want me to stop talking? Actually, you could just stop reading. 8)
attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:27 pmGod is too real for that...
Well perhaps we should be realistic about what's real for everyone. If this God is real to you, that in NO WAY means that people for whom
it's NOT real are somehow 'missing' something. Whatever your God says to you, it doesn't matter to anyone else because that is not real to them. I could tell you that I get messages and direction all the time. It's part of my adventure, like yours is for you. Whatever that informative nature is that informs me, it does not apply to you just because I tell you it's 'real' to me. My opposition is to people who tell me that their God rules over me.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

ffs
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:23 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:05 am Anyway, you can tell those 'sentient' bots are only parroting ideas from the internet, including social media. So far. Although plenty of humans do the same thing :lol:
Veg, i must apologise but you are starting to become a problem within this thread.

NOBODY HERE APART FROM YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT "SENTIENT" BOTS ....that was that dickhead engineer re LAMBDA. (that u brought into the thread)

Are we on the same page yet? (or are the grandkids insisting that there are robot parrots in the tree outside?)
Who cares? I'm not here to please you or anyone else. You are a delusiional schizophrenic who keeps insisting that a god is having private conversations with him. I doubt if you actually understand a word I say. How the fuck would you know whether or not AI can be 'sentient'? (although there doesn't seem to be any consensus about what that actually means). You seem to think you are the be all and end all of 'tech' knowledge. Perhaps the google AI nerd thought the same thing.

ps Lucky for you that your AI isn't 'sentient' because your stupid questions would have bored the poor thing to death. Couldn't you think of anything more interesting to ask it?
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:04 am So far...
(...)
It's pretty crazy how much of human behaviour can be emulated just by predicting which word comes after which.

Even when it generates plausible-but-totally-bullshit claims it does it with the sort of confidence and assertiveness I'd expect from any human.