The path of soul after death...

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Iwannaplato

Re: The path of soul after death...

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:22 pm I was always curious to know who knows. So I began a search for the knower, after which I saw there wasn't a knower, and that everything I thought I knew, I didn't know at all. I saw that reality, or existence is unknowing. It became clear to me that I know I know nothing.
So you were seeking in the past, but now you have your conclusions.
Surely you can agree, that being or consciousness is uncaused. That there is nothing else present which could be it's cause and nothing else present which it causes?
I'm a panpsychist. I am not sure if there is a before consciousness or not.
I do not mind if people disagree, I would rather they just say they disagree, rather than tell me I'm talking fake BS and then make attempts to substitute my BS with their own version of truth.
I believe I have said on a number of occasions that I disagree. I tend not to try to replace other people's beliefs with my own. Sometimes I will say, like I did above, that I am a panpsychist or some other belief I tend to have. Tend. But I am not making a case for it. Generally I am interested in finding out what happens when I interact with some of the big memes rolling around the world out there. I don't think your belief is BS. I think it's partial. But further I notice that it does not seem like you actually believe it. You behave as if what you tell us is not true.

And I find that odd and interesting. You're not alone in this, at all. But that is one of things that strike me about people passing along memes that I think are problematic.
I'm just generalising that no one reading here is forced into listening to a truth claim made by anyone. For example: The title of this topic makes no sense to me, so I'm not going to force myself to read the entire wall of text in a futile attempt to understand it. I wouldn't waste my time on such a story, when I already know from my own direct experience via research, that there is no one who dies.
Yes, the impression I get is that you are not seeking anything but to tell us what you think is true.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:32 pm No, I never say what it is,
You do this all the time. It is the primary thing you do here.
I do not know what it is, I can only interpret what I do not know, into what I think I know, through a process known as self-inquiry into the nature of being/self, the self I think I am. All I can do is report my surround as I interpret it, not actually know what it is. I can only imagine what it is, prior to interpretation, prior to perception, it is label and concept free, and absolutely unknown. Reality/existence, is an unknowing known, in this conception.

Even saying it is an unknowing known is not saying what it is, it's simply saying I know I do not know what it is, but it seems a label will inform this unknowing as a concept known.

And yet, an object known cannot know anything, no more than my arm can tell itself it is an arm.
All I can say is that if you really don't think you know anything you regularly communicate in a way that does not fit with that. Human beings, perhaps the only readers, are going to interpret things like the following as you stating the truth about reality.
I wouldn't waste my time on such a story, when I already know from my own direct experience via research, that there is no one who dies.
And there are other ways to communicate that fit with not knowing.

I'll leave it here, for a while at least.
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

The soul and its path, the cat and its kittens.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:30 amIt seems like you are seeking to repeat your truths and not truth.
Well I've already stated that there are only Y(our) truths, over and over, but you seem to be unable to let that lie. You continue to repeat yourself too.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:32 pm No, I never say what it is,
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:41 amYou do this all the time. It is the primary thing you do here.
No, I don't know what it is, I only imagine what it is, I've repeated this many times, if you do not want to listen, then so be it.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:41 amAll I can say is that if you really don't think you know anything you regularly communicate in a way that does not fit with that.
And you once again, are not listening, so be it.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:37 amBut further I notice that it does not seem like you actually believe it. You behave as if what you tell us is not true.
Huh, you keep on saying this, and I'm absolutely baffled why you do. But to be honest, your pedantic push to assume something that is just not true, doesn't actually matter for me.

I believe 100% with every fibre of my being that reality/existence/ nature is Nondual. And that there is no individual I called ''me' except in the artificial conceptual dream of separation, I believe this without doubt or error, and will continue to believe it, forever.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:30 am Ah, ok, you're not interested in clarifying. Fine.

I am simply addressing the title of this thread by saying: You have never known death, so no one dies.

There, I have provided clarity, take it or leave it.

I'm simply not interested in waffling on and on about things not related to that simple realisation that no one dies.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:39 am
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:30 amIt seems like you are seeking to repeat your truths and not truth.
Well I've already stated that there are only Y(our) truths, over and over, but you seem to be unable to let that lie. You continue to repeat yourself too.
In relation to your posts, yes, quite a bit of repetition. In reponse to other posts: lots of questions, requests for clarification, writing about what they say seems to entail, suggestions, critique of arguments, giving examples and so on. And when it comes up, pointing out contradictions.

For example, everything is perfect, but then if I do what you call complaining, I complain too much, which is a complaint.

As I said I find it interesting what actually happens when people believe or think they believe certain things. So, I mirror back things.

It may seem snotty or me trying to trap or trick you, but that's not my motive. I find this part of humanity interesting. What are these beliefs doing? Do people actually believe what they think they believe or what they are telling us is true?

So...
Well I've already stated that there are only Y(our) truths, over and over, but you seem to be unable to let that lie.
Yes, I'm still curious. I don't understand if you know what you're doing or precisely what you are doing. Sometimes people are also interested in what they are doing. Sometimes not.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:01 am I am simply addressing the title of this thread by saying: You have never known death, so no one dies.
Yes, did you really get the impression I didn't understand what you thought there?
I'm simply not interested in waffling on and on about things not related to that simple realisation that no one dies.
So, the reason you don't respond to contradictions between what you say is the truth and what you do and say elsewhere is a lack of interest.
I don't know, but I find that hard to believe. But it does at least address why you don't really respond to some things while posting as if you are.

Here's the truth.
There are no truths.
Here's what reality is.
There are no truths.
There's nothing to complain about.
You complain too much.
I am seeking truth here it's a philosophy forum.
I just want to present my truths which are my imagination and there is no truth.
Everything is perfect the way it is.
Life is horrible

I can understand how this may feel irritating pointing these kinds of contradictions out. And while I make no claim to empathy being a central motivation for my mirroring and asking about all this, I can't imagine how this all is helpful to you or anyone else. Of course, there are things that I can't imagine that are real, I am quite sure.

So, I respond and point things out and perhaps they will become clear.

Now I really will step back for a while.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dubious wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:42 am Emptiness, nothingness doesn't allow any opposites to exist in its domain since there's nothing in it which would cause it. Death is an empty battery that doesn't know it's empty and can't be recharged.
The knowing of the concept 'emptiness' or 'nothingness' cannot be known to mean anything at all, without relating the concept to another concept, that being it's illusory opposite 'fullness'
And this knowledge is the resulting dynamic of an illusory appearance of duality. In other words, concepts and words by themselves are neutral. In the service of ignorance (not-knowing) they divide reality in two, into the knower and the known. The known being neutral, knowing nothing.

In Nondual terminology, emptiness is form and form is emptiness, both form and and emptiness have to exist in the exact moment they are known by the only knowing there is, which is consciousness one without a second, without birth or death, or both, alive and dead simultaneously.

So, in Nondual terminology, there is no same, no difference, no birth, no death. . except in this illusory conception, the dream of separation.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:19 am
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:01 am I am simply addressing the title of this thread by saying: You have never known death, so no one dies.
Yes, did you really get the impression I didn't understand what you thought there?
So, the reason you don't respond to contradictions between what you say is the truth and what you do and say elsewhere is a lack of interest.
I don't know, but I find that hard to believe. But it does at least address why you don't really respond to some things while posting as if you are.

Here's the truth.
There are no truths.
Here's what reality is.
There are no truths.
There's nothing to complain about.
You complain too much.
I am seeking truth here it's a philosophy forum.
I just want to present my truths which are my imagination and there is no truth.
Everything is perfect the way it is.
Life is horrible

I can understand how this may feel irritating pointing these kinds of contradictions out. And while I make no claim to empathy being a central motivation for my mirroring and asking about all this, I can't imagine how this all is helpful to you or anyone else. Of course, there are things that I can't imagine that are real, I am quite sure.

So, I respond and point things out and perhaps they will become clear.

Can we just get back to the main point I am here on this thread for. And stop with the over excessive analysing of the feelings and thoughts of the dream character Dontaskme? otherwise this is just going to turn into a very tedious discussion.

So what if life feels horrible one day and perfect the next, so what, that's just what happens. Why bother making a big deal of that. Yes, life can seem very contradictory, so what.

This personal self-inquiry has been very helpful to me, and I cannot for the life of me figure out why you would imagine it couldn't have been.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

I am simply addressing the title of this thread by saying: You have never known death, so no one dies.
Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:19 amYes, did you really get the impression I didn't understand what you thought there?
No, I never suggested you didn't, if I did, then show me where I did, I'm fairly certain I didn't, and wouldn't even know where to look for the words where I did suggest you didn't understand. :? :?

I'm sorry, but you are the one who is taking this issue on a wild goose chase, not me.

Maybe try to discuss one thing at a time, instead of turning everything into a big fat mess.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:19 am
Yes, maybe you ought to consider a career change, as a defence barrister in cross-examination. As you seem to enjoy that sort of game playing, as you constantly treat me, as if I was standing up in a court of law being analysed to the death.

Maybe you are one, who knows.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:37 am I'm a panpsychist.

Panpsychism is the view that all things have a mind or a mind-like quality.
The seperate self (mind) is not an entity.

And is maybe why your personal gears tend to want to make sharp,grinding, and crunching noises, while making their way back to the ocean of oneness, while mine are smooth and silent.

Focus on one thought at a time, please.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:17 am The seperate self (mind) is not an entity.
Sure it is. It's also connected.
And is maybe why your personal gears tend to want to make sharp,grinding, and crunching noises, while making their way back to the ocean of oneness, while mine are smooth and silent.
'your personal gears'???????? 'mine are smooth'

See, that's the thing. You judge others and so suddenly express a different metaphysics than when you pontificate. And suddenly some things are not ok. Cake and eat it too.
Focus on one thought at a time, please.
That was one thought,
I'm a panpsychist.
at which you threw a whole mass of thoughts and truths.
Why not practice what you preach. I mean any part of it at all. Anything in what you preach. You could role model it. Instead of constantly conradicting yourself

And so, me, as a reader, wonders, what the hell is going on. You say things you are expressing your made up truths. But it's obvious that you don't believe them, at least, a lot of the time.

And it doesn't seem to matter to you.

I find that fascinating.