The path of soul after death...

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: The path of soul after death...

Post by Dontaskme »

Iwannaplato wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:05 am
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:17 am The seperate self (mind) is not an entity.
Sure it is. It's also connected.
And is maybe why your personal gears tend to want to make sharp,grinding, and crunching noises, while making their way back to the ocean of oneness, while mine are smooth and silent.
'your personal gears'???????? 'mine are smooth'

See, that's the thing. You judge others and so suddenly express a different metaphysics than when you pontificate. And suddenly some things are not ok. Cake and eat it too.
Focus on one thought at a time, please.
That was one thought,
I'm a panpsychist.
at which you threw a whole mass of thoughts and truths.
Why not practice what you preach. I mean any part of it at all. Anything in what you preach. You could role model it. Instead of constantly conradicting yourself

And so, me, as a reader, wonders, what the hell is going on. You say things you are expressing your made up truths. But it's obvious that you don't believe them, at least, a lot of the time.

And it doesn't seem to matter to you.

I find that fascinating.
Lets just call it a wrap, and eat our burrito's, and leave it at that, it's obvious we are not on the same page.

I'm simply not interested in semantic discussions.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

attofishpi wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:00 am
Dubious wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:42 am If there are any leftovers remaining, they usually get recycled. In any event, you personally are dead...the ultimate anodyne since there's nothing left to complain about or wondering, what now!

Emptiness, nothingness doesn't allow any opposites to exist in its domain since there's nothing in it which would cause it. Death is an empty battery that doesn't know it's empty and can't be recharged.
The intelligence that exists beyond the sub-atomic reality we perceive makes things a little more complicated than that. :wink:
I don't know or can imagine why people always believe that the subatomic realm or its quantum states are somehow conducive to some strangely expected afterlife or what one even has to do with the other. No one ever explained it and simply remains as an extremely weird human conception. For the longest time it was Jesus who offered the goto card upon dying and now it's the quantum realm. It seems wishful thinking will always fill the gaps in some manner no matter how odd!
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:25 am
Dubious wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:42 am Emptiness, nothingness doesn't allow any opposites to exist in its domain since there's nothing in it which would cause it. Death is an empty battery that doesn't know it's empty and can't be recharged.
The knowing of the concept 'emptiness' or 'nothingness' cannot be known to mean anything at all, without relating the concept to another concept, that being it's illusory opposite 'fullness'
And this knowledge is the resulting dynamic of an illusory appearance of duality. In other words, concepts and words by themselves are neutral. In the service of ignorance (not-knowing) they divide reality in two, into the knower and the known. The known being neutral, knowing nothing.

In Nondual terminology, emptiness is form and form is emptiness, both form and and emptiness have to exist in the exact moment they are known by the only knowing there is, which is consciousness one without a second, without birth or death, or both, alive and dead simultaneously.

So, in Nondual terminology, there is no same, no difference, no birth, no death. . except in this illusory conception, the dream of separation.
Dualities are again solely human conceptions. It may help us to categorize and organize thoughts and ideas better but never really any part of nature which rules the universe guided by its own processes. A process, though it may be subordinate to another, is complete in itself controlled by its own continuous spectrum of operations which has no relation to any duality because that would imply a contradiction within its function.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dubious wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:12 pm
attofishpi wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:00 am
Dubious wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:42 am If there are any leftovers remaining, they usually get recycled. In any event, you personally are dead...the ultimate anodyne since there's nothing left to complain about or wondering, what now!

Emptiness, nothingness doesn't allow any opposites to exist in its domain since there's nothing in it which would cause it. Death is an empty battery that doesn't know it's empty and can't be recharged.
The intelligence that exists beyond the sub-atomic reality we perceive makes things a little more complicated than that. :wink:
I don't know or can imagine why people always believe that the subatomic realm or its quantum states are somehow conducive to some strangely expected afterlife or what one even has to do with the other. No one ever explained it and simply remains as an extremely weird human conception. For the longest time it was Jesus who offered the goto card upon dying and now it's the quantum realm. It seems wishful thinking will always fill the gaps in some manner no matter how odd!
The gaps need to be filled from my experiences, my personal empirical evidence of where God MUST reside. God is more powerful than most theists would even comprehend, capable of affecting ever synapse, indeed everything within our very being, instantly.

As I have said on the forum before, where such things as turning water to wine are concerned and from everything I have been witness to of God, my main question is what type of wine was it turned into? Cab Sav, Merlot, Shiraz etc?

We are in an intelligence formed reality (beyond just our own intelligence)
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

"Where's Kripke?" said Kaz, "I just saw him enter this room from the window, that, that window, next to the blue vase, sittin' on top of the green table, with the paper on Danzig curves spread out over it." Everyone looked at each other and a voice broke the silence, "The vase isn't blue, the table isn't green, and, most importantly, those aren't the papers on Danzig curves." "However, that, true, is a window."