The Tragedy of Life

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: The Tragedy of Life

Post by Walker »

Or perhaps those around her, particularly in a quiet room with strangers, or when the licensed inspector is inspecting the manual override that closes elevator doors when folks are in a rush to get upstairs, and you know what they say. Better to get that door right than to save time because Life is the measure, something that would be good for those attached to Progressivism, to remember. Then again, just think of of France during Louis XVI and his infamous queen. Pee yew. And such a tragedy befell them, some say well-deserved. Well, pretty much everyone says that. What do you think now?
Last edited by Walker on Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

I don't think anything now, scratching my head trying to figure out what that means.

But I'm glad for you that your life was blessed with a gassy granddaughter, and I'm glad hers was blessed with a gassy grandad.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:42 pm I don't think anything now, scratching my head trying to figure out what that means.

But I'm glad for you that your life was blessed with a gassy granddaughter, and I'm glad hers was blessed with a gassy grandad.
You display the crux of it. You had many avenues for thought afforded to you by the generosity of humour. You had to take the road most traveled, which I suppose, is why most stand-ups now speak as gutter-snipes.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

And of all the roads available to you, you chose neither humour nor grace. Perhaps you're too gassed up.

Let it loose, release some tension.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:46 pm And of all the roads available to you, you chose neither humour nor grace. Perhaps you're too gassed up.
Your perception is wrong (as oft' is my spelling). I'm not calling you a gutter-snipe. However, you cannot deny that is the low common denominator of modern stand-up humour, which is as elementary as fart-jokes, i.e., gassy.

You shouldn't take everything personally. Then you'll see the humour in the fact that it isn't all about you. :wink:

Actually, a baby remembering only the gas of her past life is rather funny, on a certain level. :roll:

No, I think the peace of a baby remembering her past life would be caused by remembering the good times of a life well-lived.

There is contentment in such peace, such happiness, such a baby's smile. And, it has proven to be true to this life, too.

Funny true story ... the mother of a childhood friend told me that he was strong enough to raise up in his little newborn hospital bed and shake his fists while screaming out at the world, which rather defined his life.
Last edited by Walker on Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Walker wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:55 pm...which rather defined his life.
How so? This piqued my interest.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Think about the baby who upon first observance by her grandfathers, smiles in contentment, and subsequently lives a life of intelligence, accomplishment, and grace.

Then think about a baby who upon first observance by his mother, shakes his fists, and screams.

What do you philosophize from this, or are you the one assigned to ask the questions?
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

I think it could mean a large array of things and not just one thing. It's good imagery, for sure, it's a nice little visual analogy.

Maybe he was beset by a series of illness, and his life was one unlucky event after another, but he persevered in defiance of the lot given him.

Maybe he rebelled and took drugs and had an arm amputated because of one too many heroine injections.

There's an infinity of lives he could have lived to warrant the metaphor. Not just one.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Interesting. Your examples all have "negative," implications.

I only gave you the facts.

You supplied the correlation.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Hmm fancy that, you asked me to speculate and then I did, lmao
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Also I'm not sure "persevering in defiance" is a strictly negative interpretation. I've described someone incredibly strong, filled with virtue and endurance!
Walker

Post by Walker »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:13 pm Hmm fancy that, you asked me to speculate and then I did, lmao
Yes you did, and quite well. I think there are correlations that only I can know because I know the smile of the grandchild, while also hearing first hand the beginning of one, and hearing the life and end of that one through hearsay.

The gist is this.

Everything in the first observance of one's own child or grandchild has real meaning, real implications, real consequences. The consequences become known fer sure, pardner, over time, after one has already begun to notice the correlations of cause and effect in the world.

The question is, why? Is it a projection by the adult of a first meaning, or is it something else?

Key concepts: The observer and the observed; Quantum goes macro.
Last edited by Walker on Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

If I'm interpreting this correctly, that your grandson died young (a young man?), I'm sorry to hear that. Hope there was enough good in his life for the baby of his next life to smile about it as a newborn.
Walker

Post by Walker »

You interpret incorrectly.

The smiling baby was my grandchild, who has grown into a nice life.

The yelling baby was a childhood friend, who lived his life.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

I clearly need a nap