Shankara and Jesus are Knowledge-Suns of East and West

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

dattaswami

Shankara and Jesus are Knowledge-Suns of East and West

Post by dattaswami »

[Christmas Eve Message] When you are isolated from your subtle body, which is made of three qualities and feelings, you are also isolated from the gross body. Then you are identified with your causal body (Atman), which is pure awareness and in that stage you are just a spectator of both the subtle and gross bodies. The gross body of Lord Jesus was crucified and the subtle body was undergoing all the torture and agony. He was confined to His causal body and was watching both the crucifixion of the gross body and the agony of the subtle body.

During the process of crucifixion, the reaction and statement of subtle body was in one line, and the reaction and statement of the causal body was in another line. Even before crucifixion, one can note the mixed feelings and statements of both the bodies. Jesus prayed God to avoid the crucifixion if possible and His body was vibrating when He was imagining the future crucifixion. All this belongs to the subtle body.
Finally He said that let the crucifixion take place if it was the will of God. This belonged to the causal body. On the cross, He was asking God “Why have you left Me?” and this belonged to the subtle body. When He said “I am surrendering Myself to Your hands”, it belonged to the causal body. Unless the critical, logical and analytical discrimination exists, one will get confused and will give wrong interpretations on these mutually contradicting feelings and statements.

Thus, you can find Jesus as a perfect ‘Atma Yogi’ and He stands as a successful practical follower of the spiritual knowledge of Shankara. Both Shankara and Jesus are the knowledge-suns of the East and West respectively. Both stand opposite to each other on the end points of the diameter of the earth as the single knowledge sun rising in diagonally opposite times.

If you are a true follower and the devotee of Lord Datta, you should welcome both happiness and misery with equal attention, looking at both as sweet and hot dishes to be eaten alternately during meals. You are enjoying the scenes of both happiness and misery in seeing a drama or cinema. You get bored with continuous sweets in meals and with continuous happy scenes in a cinema. Why are you not bored with continuous happiness in your life? In fact, we see such rich people bored with continuous materialistic happiness.

Sometime back in My lifetime also, I was bored with continuous happiness. One day I performed a special worship called ‘Rudrabhishekam’ to the Lord and I uttered the aim of that worship [formal statement of the reason for performing the worship] in the beginning, which is called as ‘Sankalpa’ in Sanskrit. In the Sankalpa, I asked the Lord to give Me poverty and misery. My wife heard it and since she is also a scholar in Sanskrit, she was shocked and shouted at Me. I smiled and finished the worship.

Within a few days, I got tremendous poverty in My life. The intensity of the poverty was so much that, to give an example, we were purchasing hundred millilitres of milk and that was diluted ten times with water. The four kids were crying, refusing to drink that water flavored with milk! Seeing them, one day I was weeping bitterly. My wife asked Me “Why are You weeping? You have invited this by praying to the Lord”.
I said, “I am no doubt weeping. But I am enjoying this weeping and I asked the Lord for exactly this”. In that period of poverty and misery My spiritual level touched the sky. But I thought that I should not trouble others for the sake of My spiritual effort. It was exactly noon time. Suddenly I took a bath and sat in meditation for one hour praying to Goddess Mahalakshmi. There was immediate response and the poverty and misery disappeared from that day itself. She rained wealth on My family.

Then I prayed to Her to control Her grace because both droughts and floods are dangerous. Even for that prayer there was immediate positive response. The reason for telling you this personal aspect of My life is to tell you sincerely that you should welcome both happiness and misery like winter and summer or like day and night or like sweet and hot dishes in meals. But you should not trouble your family members, who are in the lower level of spiritual knowledge. You must take care of this aspect while pursuing your effort.

When I say that you should be the spectator of everything, it means that you should watch both the internal and external cinema shows. The internal cinema consists of your feelings and qualities dancing on the screen of your mind. This is the internal world created by you, which is made of the three qualities (Sattvam, Rajas and Tamas). Quality or feeling is a form of nervous energy, which is the weakest energy. It is not at all materialised matter.

When you become the spectator of the external world, you can treat the qualities and feelings existing in the external world as just equal to your internal world. But the external world additionally consists of strong energies like heat of the sun, electricity etc., and also matter in three states (solid, liquid and gas). This part (strong energy and matter) of the external world cannot be your internal imaginary world. But this part will not disturb you at all and you need not fear it. You have to be careful about the imaginary world present in your self and in the external world, which is made of qualities. But the external world is also entirely imaginary to the Lord. For the Lord, neither the materialised part of the world nor the imaginary part disturbs Him because:

He is detached from the entire world
For Him, the entire world is only imagination and

In the world, matter and energy do not disturb the Lord or the human beings.

The house does not disturb you but the feeling that the house is your property causes disturbance. You are an actor in the world-drama. If you are detached, the dialogues and actions of other roles will not disturb you externally and you will also not be internally disturbed by the thoughts of the drama. The stage, dress, lights and the actors made of matter and energy will not disturb you at all. Therefore, to be a detached spectator, the materialised and strong energetic world need not be imaginary to you. That which does not disturb you, is as good as imagination.
Even if the entire world becomes imaginary, the problem is not solved because imaginations also disturb you. Therefore, do not think that the Lord can be an undisturbed spectator just because the entire world is imaginary to Him. He is the undisturbed spectator because of the only reason that He is detached from all the feelings or qualities, which are imaginations. Thus you should try to detach your self from all the imaginations and you need not try to convert this entire world into pure imagination.

The spectator enjoys the action done by the actor and he is not involved in the action. For example: He enjoys by seeing the drinking of wine by somebody in the cinema and does not enjoy the wine directly. Therefore, the bad effects of the wine do not touch the spectator because neither was he the doer of the action nor was he the direct enjoyer of the result of the action. Neither is the spectator ‘Karta’ (doer) nor is he ‘Bhokta’ (enjoyer).

Beyond Qualities

The word ‘Gunaateeta’ means that which is beyond the three qualities. The realised soul and the Lord are beyond the three qualities as said in the Gita (Gunaateetah…, Gunebhyascha…, Natvaham teshu…, Maamebhyah Param…). At the same time, the Gita also says that any soul including the realised soul is made of the three qualities and is part of creation only (Naanyam Gunebhyah…). For the Lord the entire world including realised and unrealised souls is only His imagination and therefore the Lord is always Gunaateeta.

The soul is also Gunaateeta as far as the imaginary world of the soul is concerned. But the soul is part of the creation and therefore the soul is a part of His imagination. Hence, the soul is a feeling of the Lord. Therefore, the soul is made of Guna. If you take the soul from the angle of the Lord, the soul is Guna (Feeling or quality). But from the angle of soul, its entire imaginary world is guna and therefore the soul is beyond guna. Thus the soul is guna from the angle of the Lord and is beyond guna from the angle of the soul with respect to its imaginary world consisting of its feelings.
The Advaita philosophers are the most dangerous people with the burning thirst to become the Lord. For this, they will immediately exploit any trace of gap in a statement. When you bring the similarity of spectatorship to realised soul and the Lord, they say that the Lord is also pure awareness like the realised soul who has become Atman. He will not stop here.

Then he will say that the pure awareness is in him and therefore the Lord is in him. He will not stop here also. Then he will say that he has become the pure awareness (Atman) by limiting himself to it only and therefore he himself is the Lord. He flows like water under the mat. He is like the sugar disease, which attacks slowly, and silently all the vital organs. Finally if he realises the truth, it is only self-destruction. Therefore, in his interest only you have to arrest him in the first step itself. You should say that the Lord is spectator but due to this, He need not be awareness at all. He can watch or wish even without being awareness. He can burn anything and He need not be the fire. He can do anything without being the logical source of such action. The Veda says that He can run and He has no legs. He can catch and He has no hands (Apani pado…). This means, the logic applicable to creation fails in the creator. According to the logic of creation, one cannot run without legs and one cannot catch without hands. This logic applies to all the living beings because any living being is a part of creation only. The creator is not a part of creation like yourself. He is the creator, which means that He is beyond the logic that can be applied to all the items of the creation.

The Veda says that the Lord is not the internal activities of the awareness (Antakaranams), not its external activities, not the awareness of itself and not the non-awareness (inert) (Naantahprajnam, nabahihprajnam, naprajnam, nachaaprajnam…). This means that the Lord is not any item of the creation including awareness because awareness itself is the most subtle and finest item of the creation. The word ‘Vishishtha Advaitam’ in Sanskrit also means a special type of monism. When you are made the in-charge of the post of the Lord, you should be always in dualism (Dvaitam) thinking that you are always the servant of the Lord. Then you will continue in monism (Advaitam).

But when you think that you are the Lord and feel that you are in monism, you will be thrown in to dualism. Thus, this type of monism is special. The Prajapati who is the in-charge of the post of the creator (Brahma) misunderstood Krishna as an ordinary human being and also thought that He himself was the real creator. Ego entered him. He played with Krishna by doing mischief. Krishna proved that He was the real creator. Due to this sin, Hanuman was appointed as the new In-Charge for the same post for future creation. Hanuman will never be polluted by such ego because He recognised Rama as the Lord and never thought of Him as a human being. Recognition of God in human form is the climax of spiritual knowledge of Hanuman especially when Rama did not perform any miracle and Hanuman himself possessed all the miraculous powers. Therefore, you have become equal to the Lord when you are detached from all the feelings (Bhavas or Gunas) but you should always remember that you are not actually the Lord. You will continue in this perfect monism. But if ego pollutes you the dualism will appear before you as the control rod.

Somebody mentioned to Me that Shankara told in ‘Vivekachudamani’ that idol worship etc., couldn’t give salvation which could be got only by self-realisation. His doubt was that whether He condemned idol worship etc. You should understand His statement very carefully. Suppose one says that the third step would not lead to the upper floor. Only the tenth step leads to upper floor. Does this mean that the third step is condemned? Without the third step, the tenth step cannot exist. Everybody has to pass through the third step to reach the tenth step.

A person who has reached almost the final stage will spend just ten minutes time for a brief planning of essential duties to be done by him and he spends all the rest time of the day for God only. All his duties will be done without any trace of hurdle in five minutes only. A beginner reverses this schedule. He spends 10 minutes for God and all the rest time for thinking and for discussing the duties to be done in the best way but his duties fail utterly. A person who has reached the final stage spends all the 24 hours for God only and does not spend even a minute for duties. Such a case is very rare and in such case the Lord will perform all his duties in an excellent way as said in the Gita (Tesham Nityabhi yuktanam…).

In the Gita, everywhere Lord Krishna says that He is the Lord and He also advises Arjuna to keep the Gita as the top secret (Rahasyam hyetat). The reason for this is that every human being cannot digest the concept of human incarnation and particularly the present human incarnation. The basic reason is that every human being is polluted by ego and jealousy. Some may believe in the past human incarnations that do not exist before their eyes. But it becomes very very difficult to believe the present human form of God because the present human incarnation eats, drinks, sleeps and suffers with illness like us. When we see all these human activities of nature, the strongest ignorance (Maya) intoxicates us like wine and brings doubts. Only the top most devotee and even such devotee in a particular span of time only can digest this most bitter truth. A realised soul understands the human incarnation in right spirit.

The external human body is like the external shirt of a person. The shirt of that person can be cut by a blade like any other shirt. Similarly, the human body of the Lord follows all the rules of the nature. Arjuna could digest this truth just before the war because at that time he was in such a tragic mood so that he completely surrendered to Lord Krishna. At that time Arjuna was mature to absorb that truth. Therefore, the Lord repeatedly emphasized that truth and that was the Gita. But when the war was over that mood was lost and even though Arjuna asked Lord Krishna to repeat the Gita, the Lord refused.

If Krishna repeated the Gita, Arjuna could not have digested that truth of human form of God. Whenever a devotee asked Jesus whether Jesus was the divine messenger of the Lord, Jesus agreed, but asked the devotee to keep it as a secret. If you say “worship God”, any human being can digest this concept and therefore, such a message is universal. But if you show an individual and say that He is God, such statement cannot be digested by most of the human beings. Therefore, such concept should be kept as the top most secret. The Gita emphasizes this concept of human incarnation everywhere and therefore, the Gita cannot be universal. Of course the Gita also contains universal concepts. But most part of the Gita contains only the emphasis of the most secret concept, which is related to the belief of the human incarnation. This is the reason why Jesus kept silent when the priests asked Him whether He was the messenger of God. If Jesus agreed to that concept, the priests would have mocked more at Him and therefore Jesus did not reply to that question. The most dangerous side of the concept of human incarnation is that several human beings exploit and claim themselves as Lord.

They cheat the people through this concept. Therefore, Mohammad buried this concept completely and declared that no human being can be the Lord. In fact, He Himself was another form of Lord. But He did not mind to lower Himself to the state of messenger of God in order to avoid the exploitation by other cheating human beings. Even Jesus told to most of His devotees that He was messenger of God only. To a few deserving devotees only, He revealed the secret that He and His father are one and the same. Even Lord Krishna never told to any body that He is God except in the Gita to Arjuna. This secret is limited only to a few deserving devotees only and should not be spread as the universal point because most of the human beings are diseased by ego and jealousy. If this one point is hidden, most of the people will hear and digest the divine knowledge. Therefore, the Lord does not reveal this secret to every devotee and spoil the devotee just because of this point only. The Lord is not interested in name and fame. He is only interested to uplift every human being some how or other. Only demons and devils claim themselves as the Lord and wish to get name and fame and they are not interested to uplift anybody. The Lord in human form is ready even to become the servant of all humanity if that can uplift humanity.
Shri Ajay Reveals a Secret

[The follwing is a secret revealed by Shri Ajay in his own words.]

Two years back, one of my close friends, who at present occupies a very high position professionally, talked with Shri Swami on the phone. Swami suddenly told him “I will reveal a divine secret to you. Don’t reveal it to any body. I am the Lord Datta, who came down to this earth in human form to preach the true divine knowledge and to give the correct interpretation of the scriptures. In course of time this whole world will realize and follow My knowledge. Therefore, believe in Me sincerely and follow Me. You will be benefited forever”. I heard this because I was just by the side of Shri Swami at that time. A few days back the same above-mentioned close friend of mine, phoned me and gave me the following message “Dear Ajay! I am telling you a divine secret and don’t reveal this to anybody. A few days back I went to a great Hora-Nadi scholar in Bombay, who is considered to be number one in India. I asked him a question ‘Who is this person called Datta Swami?’ The scholar took the card and read it to answer my question. His answer was ‘Datta Swami is the human form of Lord Datta, who is the combination of Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva. He is the incarnation of the full divine knowledge. He came to this earth to preach the true divine knowledge to humanity. Don’t miss Him. If you miss Him you have lost everything. In future a very large number of followers will come to Him’. The scholar told exactly the same words which were told by Shri Swami to me on the phone two years back, which you too have heard since you were right next to Shri Swami”. When I mentioned this to Shri Swami, He laughed and gave the following message.

Shri Swami’s Message

Tell this secret to every one telling every one to keep it secret. This way is best to propagate a message in a very fast manner. If you tell a message to anybody and request him to propagate it, he will not tell it to anybody. This concept should be kept really as a secret and this means that you should reveal this only to the deserving devotees, who can digest this and feel very happy about it. Most people will have a negative reaction to this message including the topmost devotees. The reason for this is that ego and jealousy are very hidden and undetectable diseases, which exist in the inner subconscious state. Even the devotee himself is not aware of this disease. This disease will suddenly spring up like a tsunami wave. Of course, after I leave My body, several people can accept this point, because I will not be present before their eyes. Ninety percent of people do not accept God in human form. Among the remaining ten percent too, ninety percent will not accept the present human incarnation and they can accept only a dead human incarnation. Only a rare one can accept the present human incarnation and even such a devotee slips several times as said in the Gita (Kaschitmaam…, Bahunaam Janmanaam…).

Therefore, it will be better if this information is circulated only among the very close circle of My devotees. This should not reach the beginner who will immediately misunderstand Me and he will not listen to any statement from Me. Whether a human being is God, or Son of God or a messenger of God, it does not matter, as far as the message is concerned. People are reluctant to accept a human being even as the messenger of God. The priests mocked and could not tolerate Jesus even as a messenger of God. Imagine their anger since Jesus declared Himself as God in His own words that He and His father are one and the same!