Carnation

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: Carnation

Post by attofishpi »

Walker wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:01 am In-Car-Nation, especially with the insane government push for the electric cars.
Are you afraid of the future Mr Walker? Afraid of change?

There are going to be a lot of drawbacks with the electric car over the combustion engine form, especially initially.

I am sick of all the noisy f'wits wizzing around my house, so personally I am really looking forward to some peace in the city\burbs.

A guy at my old workplace bought the new sports Tesla - I have no idea what model that was but it was a BIG thing around the office. I was working late one night and saw him leaving, so I called out and followed him out of the office to have a gander at his new piece of tech.
He said hop in. I did. I said start it up then. He said it is. I slapped my head, 'duh!' He said do you want to go for a drive, I said yep. We accelerated up a main road and I swear I thought if he kept his foot on the accelerator we could soon be at light speed - the smoooth acceleration was amazing. I was in love.

I like the idea of electric - less noise - less polution in the city and suburbs. I'd also like to see hydrogen cars.

So what's your angst dude?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Walker wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:06 am
attofishpi wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:57 pm
Is that the truth Veg?
Combining principle with the particular. Good philosophy.

No need to pretend. You know that you've noticed. Truth is low on her hierarchy of needs.
I think it's hilarious Veg dreamt of kicking your arse!!
Walker

Post by Walker »

:lol:

She's asking for it even in her dreams.
Walker

Post by Walker »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:13 am
Walker wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:01 am In-Car-Nation, especially with the insane government push for the electric cars.

There are going to be a lot of drawbacks with the electric car over the combustion engine form, especially initially.

I am sick of all the noisy f'wits wizzing around my house, so personally I am really looking forward to some peace in the city\burbs.

A guy at my old workplace bought the new sports Tesla - I have no idea what model that was but it was a BIG thing around the office. I was working late one night and saw him leaving, so I called out and followed him out of the office to have a gander at his new piece of tech.
He said hop in. I did. I said start it up then. He said it is. I slapped my head, 'duh!' He said do you want to go for a drive, I said yep. We accelerated up a main road and I swear I thought if he kept his foot on the accelerator we could soon be at light speed - the smoooth acceleration was amazing. I was in love.

I like the idea of electric - less noise - less polution in the city and suburbs. I'd also like to see hydrogen cars.

- There aren't enough natural resources for the product.
- Refueling makes the mode of transport, impractical.
- There won't be enough electricity for the need.
- Eliminating energy sources while increasing energy need is a new definition of insanity.
- The net gain of electric cars is more pollution than internal combustion, counting mining, manufacture, and disposal.

You know, little things like that.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Walker wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:49 am I like the idea of electric - less noise - less polution in the city and suburbs. I'd also like to see hydrogen cars.
I'd like to have George Jetson's car. How about, the Millennial Falcon? That would be awesome.

How about we develop these things in our spare time, rather than bet the farm?

No, the electric car is not feasible, for the reasons stated. A battery just adds another middleman.

Everyone will be carrying a gas powered electric generator in the trunk of their electric car to charge the battery while stuck in traffic ... and using them, at a premium price for petrol, which will only be available to those with either government or black market connections.

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:49 am
attofishpi wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:13 am

- Eliminating energy sources while increasing energy need is a new definition of insanity.
- The net gain of electric cars is more pollution than internal combustion, counting mining, manufacture, and disposal.

But if there is NO pollution causing 'global warming' NOR 'climate change', then who would care about 'more pollution'?

Do 'you' BELIEVE that there is human created 'climate change/global warming' "walker"?

Is this WHY 'you' have angst about electric vehicles?
Walker

Post by Walker »

You just made a worthless posting. See ya.

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:02 am
Walker wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:49 am I like the idea of electric - less noise - less polution in the city and suburbs. I'd also like to see hydrogen cars.
I'd like to have George Jetson's car. How about, the Millennial Falcon? That would be awesome.

No, the electric car is not feasible, for the reasons stated. A battery just adds another middleman.
Does gasoline NOT create a so-called "middleman"
Walker wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:02 am Everyone will be carrying a gas powered electric generator in the trunk of their electric car to charge the battery while stuck in traffic ...
REALLY?

And, would this be much different to 'Everyone' who carries a battery to start up their gas powered motor vehicles?
Walker wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:02 am and using them, at a premium price for petrol, which will only be available to those with either government or black market connections.
WHY?

And also, are 'you' quoting, and replying to, "yourself" here "walker"? Or, did someone else write what 'you' quoted above here?

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:05 am You just made a worthless posting. See ya.
REALLY, I just asked three questions, for CLARIFICATION.

Maybe 'you' see them as WORTHLESS because if 'you' answered those questions posed to 'you' OPENLY and Honestly, then 'your' INCONSISTENCIES would SHINE BRIGHTLY and 'you' would HAVE TO CONTRADICT "your" OWN 'self'.

Thus, the REASON WHY 'you' are TOO AFRAID and SCARED to answer OPENLY and Honestly.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:07 am

Walker wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:02 am Everyone will be carrying a gas powered electric generator in the trunk of their electric car to charge the battery while stuck in traffic ...
REALLY?

And, would this be much different to 'Everyone' who carries a battery to start up their gas powered motor vehicles?
Walker wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:02 am and using them, at a premium price for petrol, which will only be available to those with either government or black market connections.
WHY?

And also, are 'you' quoting, and replying to, "yourself" here "walker"? Or, did someone else write what 'you' quoted above here?
In order:
No
Yes
Yes
I told you
Yes
No

You can do the formatting.

Now, was that really necessary?
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:10 am
Walker wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:05 am You just made a worthless posting. See ya.

Maybe 'you' see them as WORTHLESS because if 'you' answered those questions posed to 'you' OPENLY and Honestly, then 'your' INCONSISTENCIES would SHINE BRIGHTLY and 'you' would HAVE TO CONTRADICT "your" OWN 'self'.

Thus, the REASON WHY 'you' are TOO AFRAID and SCARED to answer OPENLY and Honestly.
You made a worthless posting. Period.

Best to leave it at that. It's on you, not me.

Either shape up or get over it.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Now this, this is a good posting. You ignored it.

Wise up. You're one of them tossers. Try to be more like me, with postings like this, not pictures milk cans, with emojis that express all you can express.

Everyone will be carrying a gas powered electric generator in the trunk of their electric car to charge the battery while stuck in traffic ... and using them, at a premium price for petrol, which will only be available to those with either government or black market connections.

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:11 am
Age wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:07 am

REALLY?

WHY?

In order:
No
Yes
Yes
I told you
Yes
No

You can do the formatting.

Now, was that really necessary?
Yes, it reveals your Dishonesty.

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:16 am
Age wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:10 am

You made a worthless posting. Period.

Best to leave it at that. It's on you, not me.

Either shape up or get over it.
So, I could just as EASILY say, 'you' made a worthless posting here. Which is EXTREMELY OBVIOUS.

And, I could also EASILY say, Best to leave it at that. It is on 'you', not 'me'.

As well as just as EASILY say, Either shape up or get over it.

AS WELL.

But, it would be just AS WORTHLESS as it FIRST APPEARED.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Age, get over it.

You can't refute anything I've said about electric cars.