Christianity For Idiots

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Christianity For Idiots

Post by Dontaskme »

Who Wrote the Bible?

Even after nearly 2,000 years of it's existence, and centuries of investigation by biblical scholars, we still don't know with certainty who wrote it's various texts, when they were written or under what circumstances.

The contents of any book are inseparable from the BOOK. Image

“Now, public libraries are most admirable institutions, but they have one irritating custom. They want their books back.”

Your thinking mechanism which demands permanence is a dead thing. It cannot touch anything living. Reality has no copyright.
Reality / aka the ''Unwritten'' is the ultimate censorship of every meaningless story. From ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

alan1000

Re: Christianity For Idiots

Post by alan1000 »

shit, eh?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Jesus told the criminal on the cross, “Today you will be with me in paradise” (Luke 23:43)—not “You will have another chance to live a life on earth.”

Matthew 25:46 tells us that, upon death, believers go on to eternal life while unbelievers go on to eternal punishment.

See what I mean :roll: :?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:46 am Jesus told the criminal on the cross, “Today you will be with me in paradise” (Luke 23:43)—not “You will have another chance to live a life on earth.”
Life on Earth can be paradise.

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:46 amMatthew 25:46 tells us that, upon death, believers go on to eternal life while unbelievers go on to eternal punishment.

See what I mean :roll: :?
No. Matthew 25:46 doesnt state that. The buy_bull can be interpreted many ways...the most I would suggest from:-

Matthew 25:46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Is that the non-righteous (NOT non-believers) will get fucked up and the righteous get to reincarnate, possibly something a tad better :D
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:01 am

Life on Earth can be paradise.
Yes, no doubt life on earth can be a paradise, when you are lying in a nice warm bubble bath eating Ben and Jerry's icecream. But not when you are a live living feeling sentient innocent zebra who through no fault of it's own is being ripped apart from limb to limb by a hungry lion or a crocodile, just for innocently existing in this so called paradise.

The very idea of paradise is just sooooooo stuuuuupid. Oooh, Jesus's response to the dying criminal's plea for mercy, “Today you will be with me in Paradise” is such a stupid thing to say to a criminal.

(He)..in this case, refers to any one, not just the male, but to anyone who commits a crime of a punishable offense.

The criminal should not have the luxury of a plea for mercy from anything outside of his own common sense of self-conscious conscience. If he commits a crime then only he should be man enough to bare the consequences of his own actions, only he can save himself from himself, only he can reform his ways and know better. And Not think he has the right to a plea for mercy from some divine deity known as God or Jesus figure who will judge and condemn and punish him for all eternity for being an unrighteous sinner.

We, as self-conscious living sentient organisms are the ones responsible for our actions and what we inflict on others, we are the judge here....not some God that isn't even human, except through Jesus, which means God is human after all in the image of Jesus. :roll: :?

So yeah, be good or else you're going to feel bad, this is not too difficult to work out folks.

There is no God to tell you what you already know. And another stupid idea is the idea that God is not human, but Jesus is human, so then God cannot be Jesus's biological Father can he. Which means if Jesus who is a human has no biological Father, then neither do any of us humans have a biological Father. And this folks is what Christianity wants you to believe. Kind of stupid, yah! I must be the last idiot to believe all this tripe.

attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:01 amNo. Matthew 25:46 doesnt state that. The buy_bull can be interpreted many ways...the most I would suggest from:-

Matthew 25:46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

Is that the non-righteous (NOT non-believers) will get fucked up and the righteous get to reincarnate, possibly something a tad better :D
Whatever way these words are interpreted. Non believers of righteousness, it's all the same thing. Those who intend harm on themselves or others will suffer from their own self-inflicted consequences because humans are able to understand the concept of harm and death.

In reality, for the rest of nature, life is a mindless cannibalistic cruel and brutal blood bath. A will to eat to survive, and survive to eat. Don't be fooled by the awesome beauty and prettiness of nature, she's a serial killer, and death is natures only prize. Every living thing born is in fact a cruel and painful death sentence.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

U R being daft and extremely short of sight, with certainly no in-sight.

To be honest I am pretty much done with bothering with God bothering Atheists, but just so I am clear are you calling actual Christians idiots?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

attofishpi wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:01 pm

To be honest I am pretty much done with bothering with God bothering Atheists, but just so I am clear are you calling actual Christians idiots?
And I'm pretty much done with people who believe there are God bothering Atheists. No one knows how they are alive, this is common knowledge to anyone in possession of knowledge, we simply cannot know anything about ourself, why we are, what we are, except what we make-up via imagination, and imagination is likened to dreamscape. All we have to work with is a blank canvas upon which we paint our image, knowing full well there is nothing behind the image.

So I guess we are both done then, rather well done in fact, huh! :D

I Am the last idiot.

I talk to my cats about God a lot. They stare and seem to want to listen, but after awhile, you can just tell they do not seem to be aware of what I am actually talking about. The more thinking is applied to the void of not-knowing is just more paint upon the canvas, all of which is dead stuff. The observed is dead stuff within the observer which can never be observed.
Walker

Post by Walker »

An atheist quoting biblical scripture. My oh my.

What's amazing is an atheist who is obsessed with God and religion.

Whatta ya care?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:53 pm An atheist quoting biblical scripture. My oh my.

Whatta ya care?
No one cares parrot face.

No one wrote the scriptures, no one is making life happen.

So shut up your parrot face. Or keep parroting on and on and on, like what happens. No one cares.

There are only shadows boxing with themselves for no reason or purpose but to make an image of the imageless. It's all rather blahhhhhhhhhhh blah blahhhhhhhhhhh ...here is a gift for you, take it and listen to how loud you can hear yourself over and over and over again because you cannot shut up 📣
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:53 pm An atheist quoting biblical scripture. My oh my.

Whatta ya care?
Also, who told you there was such a thing as an atheist, or a theist?

Oh that's right, someone else did, and you believed them didn't you, gullible person, and that is your conditioning.

In reality, nothing exists. So stick that up your tailpipe and blow it out.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:56 pm

Whatta ya care?
It's a wonder you can feed yourself.
Why don't you stop wasting everyone's time?

From the dictionary:

atheist
noun
athe·​ist ˈā-thē-ist
: a person who does not believe in the existence of a god or any gods : one who subscribes to or advocates atheism
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:18 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:56 pm

Whatta ya care?
It's a wonder you can feed yourself.
Why don't you stop wasting everyone's time?

From the dictionary:

atheist
noun
athe·​ist ˈā-thē-ist
: a person who does not believe in the existence of a god or any gods : one who subscribes to or advocates atheism
Who told the dictionary?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Whatta ya care?
In my experience most atheists know the bible much better than the average theist.

Most rational reasonable people react to reading the bible by rejecting god and becoming atheists.

You should try and read that shit.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:05 pm

Whatta ya care?
In my experience most atheists know the bible much better than the average theist.

Most rational reasonable people react to reading the bible by rejecting god and becoming atheists.
Only if they can't read between the lines and don't truly love wisdom. There is a reason God permitted the Bible to phonetically be identical to "buy bull"...IT clearly wants intelligent minds to question it.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:29 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:05 pm

Whatta ya care?

Only if they can't read between the lines and don't truly love wisdom. There is a reason God permitted the Bible to phonetically be identical to "buy bull"...IT clearly wants intelligent minds to question it.
Any moron can read between the lines whatever shit they want to read there to most easily fool themselves.