PC made simple

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

commonsense

Re: PC made simple

Post by commonsense »

Dear PK,

Your OP explains very well what PC was, but PC has evolved far beyond its original purpose of promoting politeness and civility. Even in its early manifestation it must have been a thorn in the side to the anti-PC.

Try correcting someone else’s English grammar and see what happens when you do that to anyone who is a native speaker (I assume that the same holds for other languages as well). You may not receive an explicit response, but I guarantee that you will not be endeared by doing this.

That’s because you’ve implicitly declared that the other person is not as smart as you. You’ve just told another human being that you’re better than they are. How do you suppose that feels to the person you’ve just insulted?

Under these circumstances, anyone who is less educated—for whatever reason—is likely to become anti-PC. Now try correcting someone by telling them they are using the wrong word—a word they’ve heard since childhood used by their cohorts and family.

Fast-forward to the present day and you’ll see that PC now promotes Liberal causes of many sorts, thus leading Conservatives to be added to the ranks of the anti-PC. Worse yet, the most visible PCs are zealots who feel obligated to convert everyone to their Liberal ideas. This doesn’t show respect for anti-PC people, and therefore should not be part of the PC repertoire, not even for the zealots.

So now, as in the early days, anti-PC is not just about wanting to insult others; it’s about not wanting to be insulted by others.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

commonsense wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:03 pm Dear PK,

Your OP explains very well what PC was, but PC has evolved far beyond its original purpose of promoting politeness and civility. Even in its early manifestation it must have been a thorn in the side to the anti-PC.

Try correcting someone else’s English grammar and see what happens when you do that to anyone who is a native speaker (I assume that the same holds for other languages as well). You may not receive an explicit response, but I guarantee that you will not be endeared by doing this.

That’s because you’ve implicitly declared that the other person is not as smart as you. You’ve just told another human being that you’re better than they are. How do you suppose that feels to the person you’ve just insulted?

Under these circumstances, anyone who is less educated—for whatever reason—is likely to become anti-PC. Now try correcting someone by telling them they are using the wrong word—a word they’ve heard since childhood used by their cohorts and family.

Fast-forward to the present day and you’ll see that PC now promotes Liberal causes of many sorts, thus leading Conservatives to be added to the ranks of the anti-PC. Worse yet, the most visible PCs are zealots who feel obligated to convert everyone to their Liberal ideas. This doesn’t show respect for anti-PC people, and therefore should not be part of the PC repertoire, not even for the zealots.

So now, as in the early days, anti-PC is not just about wanting to insult others; it’s about not wanting to be insulted by others.
Are you on a 'spectrum' too? How could you be so clueless? I genuinely don't understand your level of incomprehension. You can't even tell the difference between sarcasm and being straightforward. I'm rarely sarcastic.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

Yes, I am on the spectrum.

Do you know what sarcasm is?
vegetariantaxidermy

commonsense wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:41 pm Yes, I am on the spectrum.

That explains a lot. And yes, I know what sarcasm is. You clearly do not.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:16 am

I knew it! That’s sarcasm, too, isn’t it?
vegetariantaxidermy

commonsense wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:20 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:16 am

I knew it! That’s sarcasm, too, isn’t it?
No.
Peter Kropotkin

Post by Peter Kropotkin »

K: I am relatively new on this board, so I don't have an understanding of all
the players, but I gotta say, you are funny.... and you are correct about my
posting about PC, but I was not sure how much you or the readers out there
actually know about PC.... so, I went for the "PC for beginners"
explanation.. next time I shall go for a collage version of PC...

and keep up the good work.. those of us who are on the 'SPECTRUM" have
to stick together... :lol:

Kropotkin
vegetariantaxidermy

When you think about it, the wokie term 'inclusiveness' is incredibly patronising-- not to mention racist. It implies that there is a superior 'group' of humans who get to bestow their 'inclusiveness' on others. What are these 'others' being included in, exactly? The human race? The 'lesser humans' need the 'master humans' to 'allow' them to be included in the human race? They need to be added artificially and inappropriately to movies and TV programmes because they couldn't possibly do anything for themselves on their own merits? They could never get voted into power the normal way (even though this is nothing more than an easily debunked racist woke lie) but instead need a 'special helping hand' bestowed on them by the 'superior master race' based only on their genetics because 'apparently' (according to wokies) no one could ever like them enough to actually vote for them otherwise?
Does anyone really expect to see anything other than Chinese people in Chinese films or Indians in Indian films? Do wokies criticise countries like Japan for not having quota systems based on genetics in their elections? Do they get berated for not being 'inclusive' enough? Of course not, because according to wokies they aren't part of the 'superior master race' and therefore don't 'know any better' and can't be expected to conform to the rules of the standard-bearing manifesto of wokedom. They aren't part of the 'master race' and thus don't have the god-like power to bestow 'inclusiveness' on anyone.
The more you think critically about wokies the more loathesome they are shown to be.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:18 pm When you think about it, the woke term 'inclusiveness' is incredibly patronising-- not to mention racist. It implies that there is some superior 'group' of humans who get to bestow their 'inclusiveness' on others. What are these 'others' being included in, exactly? The human race? The 'lesser humans' need the 'master humans' to 'allow' them to be included in the human race? They need to be added artificially and inappropriately to movies and TV programmes because they couldn't possibly do anything for themselves on their own merits? They could never get voted in legitimately (even though this is nothing more than an easily debunked racist woke lie) but instead need a 'special helping hand' bestowed on them by the 'superior master race' based only on their genetics because 'apparently' (according to wokies) no one could ever like them enough to actually vote for them otherwise?
Does anyone really expect to see anything other than Chinese people in Chinese films or Indians in Indian films? Do wokies criticise countries like Japan for not have quota systems based on genetics in their elections? Do they get berated for not being 'inclusive' enough? Of course not, because according to wokies they aren't part of the 'superior master race' and therefore don't 'know any better' and can't be expected to conform to the rules of the standard-bearing manifesto of wokedom. They aren't part of the 'master race' and thus don't have the god-like power to bestow 'inclusiveness' on anyone.
The more you think critically about wokies the more loathesome they are shown to be.
If the idea of a master race is a wokie idea, as you seem to be implying, then White Supremacists must actually be the number one wokies.
vegetariantaxidermy

commonsense wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:26 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:18 pm When you think about it, the woke term 'inclusiveness' is incredibly patronising-- not to mention racist. It implies that there is some superior 'group' of humans who get to bestow their 'inclusiveness' on others. What are these 'others' being included in, exactly? The human race? The 'lesser humans' need the 'master humans' to 'allow' them to be included in the human race? They need to be added artificially and inappropriately to movies and TV programmes because they couldn't possibly do anything for themselves on their own merits? They could never get voted into power the normal way (even though this is nothing more than an easily debunked racist woke lie) but instead need a 'special helping hand' bestowed on them by the 'superior master race' based only on their genetics because 'apparently' (according to wokies) no one could ever like them enough to actually vote for them otherwise?
Does anyone really expect to see anything other than Chinese people in Chinese films or Indians in Indian films? Do wokies criticise countries like Japan for not having quota systems based on genetics in their elections? Do they get berated for not being 'inclusive' enough? Of course not, because according to wokies they aren't part of the 'superior master race' and therefore don't 'know any better' and can't be expected to conform to the rules of the standard-bearing manifesto of wokedom. They aren't part of the 'master race' and thus don't have the god-like power to bestow 'inclusiveness' on anyone.
If the idea of a master race is a wokie idea, as you seem to be implying, then White Supremacists must actually be the number one wokies.
Odd that you don't put it the other way around, that wokies are white supremacists. White supremacist wolves in sheep's clothing :lol: If that's what you want to 'think' (and you must have thought deeply about it)...
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

I brought u some reinforcements, keter propotkin.

https://www.quora.com/If-youre-on-the-l ... chtenstein
Peter Kropotkin

Post by Peter Kropotkin »

promethean75 wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:24 pm I brought u some reinforcements, keter propotkin.

https://www.quora.com/If-youre-on-the-l ... chtenstein
K: and I thank you...

Kropotkin
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

There are many, many words and there are many, many people. What's the point? The human, a Mr. Dombor, has managed to solve the maze, assuming of course that the clever use of a polka-dotted handkerchief can be considered a solution.

"This is mistake!"

"No, it's not a mistake, it's a stupid mistake!"

"NO, actually it's a stupid, stupid mistake!"

"Lemme help you guys vaporize me, it's a stupid, stupid, stupid mistake!"

"I believe we're not there yet. One more stupid should do the trick. It's a stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid mistake!"

"Wait, let's take this to the next level. It's not even a mistake!"

"I think we're done here!"

"For the moment ..."

"Sigh!"

"You have the title of the book we've all been waiting for?"

"Yep, I do!"

"Excellent! Start writing tomorrow, 19/8/2089, at exactly 3:33 PM. Remember the 25th letter of the first word should be the 53rd letter of the 7832nd word."

"Solid copy! Muchas gracias. Allahu Akbar!"

"Godspeed!"
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Yes, it's better not to simple call people names, which PK also does.
It's best to lump everyone on 'the other team' into one category.
They psychoanalyze them - say they are irrational people driven by fear.

That's much more moral because it's passive aggressive and seems more...hm, intellectual. Well, someone might confuse it with being intellectual.

Don't come up with a single word for the people you hate. That's bad.
Write little essays that are at least as insulting as a single word would be. That's good.

PK's PC, in a nutshell.