In defense of PC speech..

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Peter Kropotkin

Re: In defense of PC speech..

Post by Peter Kropotkin »

so you can't explain what "PC" is and that is fine...
at least be honest about it... its late here, so I shall explain "PC" tomorrow..

Kropotkin
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Peter Kropotkin wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:34 am so you can't explain what "PC" is and that is fine...
at least be honest about it... its late here, so I shall explain "PC" tomorrow..

Kropotkin
Do you have any idea how many fucking times I've explained it on here? The only people who claim not to 'understand' it are the PC wankjobs themselves. How very convenient.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

"Political correctness" is not actually interested in speech.

It's interested in silencing it.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:47 am
Peter Kropotkin wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:34 am so you can't explain what "PC" is and that is fine...

Kropotkin
Do you have any idea how many fucking times I've explained it on here? The only people who claim not to 'understand' it are the PC wankjobs themselves. How very convenient.
I am honestly only trying to get a better understanding from someone who would be good at explaining it.
vegetariantaxidermy

commonsense wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:11 pm

Kropotkin
I am honestly only trying to get a better understanding from someone who would be good at explaining it.
Sure you are...
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:16 pm

Sure you are...
Thanks anyway. Wikipedia says that PC is an epithet applied to liberals regarding various social issues.
vegetariantaxidermy

commonsense wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:00 pm

Sure you are...
Thanks anyway. Wikipedia says that PC is an epithet applied to liberals regarding various social issues.
Which is utter bullshit of course.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:21 pm

Sure you are...
So I’m asking what the real story is.
vegetariantaxidermy

commonsense wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:38 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:21 pm

So I’m asking what the real story is.
Are the Politically Correct in favour of free speech? Freedom of the press? Liberals are. That's why they are called 'liber al'. PC is a religion, with its own manifesto and dogma. If you don't follow it to the word then you must be a 'bigot/racist/____phobe/ blah blah' or whatever insulting buzzword is trending at any given time.

Hint: Do you really believe the PC wouldn't make fun of you behind your back if you had some sort of obvious affliction? They might post 'heart and cuddle' emojis on the internet, but do you seriously think that is an indicator of a genuinely caring nature?? If you do then your extreme naivety is something to be pitied. The most the PC are prepared to expend in energy is the amount of energy it takes to post an emoji or one sentence tweet.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Peter Kropotkin wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:45 pm
or said another way, it is red states that practice the cancel culture,
not the blue states..

Kropotkin
It's both. Yes, the right seems to have forgotten how in their history they fought against various kinds of free speech. However your claim that it has never been freer is not correct. In the 90s you could say things that were not PC (the Left's version of PC) and generally speaking no mob would try to cancel your events stop you from speaking, successfully try to get publishers and production companies to keep you out of your business. Something changed. Comparing the 2020s with the Middle Ages is just distracting people from a real and recent trend.
vegetariantaxidermy

It will soon fizzle out anyway. It's far too extreme, irrational and lacking in substance to last. Humans will find a balance. Plus, we have far bigger things to worry about than whether or not some imaginary hypothetical person has allegedly taken 'offence' at something. People are going to wake up to the fact that they are being dictated to by shallow, disingenuous, know-nothing morons with nothing more than empty buzzwords, emojis, and transparent bullying tactics.