Your Natural State is Happiness

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Your Natural State is Happiness

Post by Dontaskme »

roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:28 pm
You have taken thought to be the final authority and you are unable to see such

"Happiness" is the thought used to describe the natural state. While in/as that state there is no need for a thought to validate the experience. The subjective experience of Self within the relative realm is called "Happiness"

Seems odd to me that there is so much resistance to simply being happy
Seems odd to me that there is so much resistance to simply being happy to not have to think about being happy.

Thoughtfree awareness is never one's experience, because there would need to be the thought that thoughtfree awareness was being experienced by some body. And bodies feel and thought will pounce on every feeling as and when it arises completely spontaneously.

There's no such experience as thoughtfree awareness. Your theory is flawed from the get go, you need to let it go.
roydop

Post by roydop »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:04 pm
roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:28 pm
You have taken thought to be the final authority and you are unable to see such

"Happiness" is the thought used to describe the natural state. While in/as that state there is no need for a thought to validate the experience. The subjective experience of Self within the relative realm is called "Happiness"

Seems odd to me that there is so much resistance to simply being happy
Seems odd to me that there is so much resistance to simply being happy to not have to think about being happy.

Thoughtfree awareness is never one's experience, because there would need to be the thought that thoughtfree awareness was being experienced by some body. And bodies feel and thought will pounce on every feeling as and when it arises completely spontaneously.

There's no such experience as thoughtfree awareness. Your theory is flawed from the get go, you need to let it go.
You have taken thought (the voice in your head to be the final authority. This is an inverted view
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Your Natural State is Happiness.

Of course it isn't.

Your natural state, dear reader, is to be free. You belong to yourself. You have an exclusive, inalienable, claim to your, and no one else's, life, liberty, and property.

If happiness is your goal: there's a half a dozen versions of soma out there. Rotgut, whores, licit & illicit chems, imitatin' a houseplant (à la Mr Dop), etc., all will help you fritter away your life.

If bein' free, remainin' free, gettin' free is your goal: then gird your loins and sharpen your sword cuz there's a whole whack of garbage people lookin' to leash you, or keep the leash on you. You'll have to fight. You ought to be fightin' now.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg6PSqSCsoI
I wish I knew how it would feel to be free...

"You have to be sad to make music that is this good".
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:40 pm
You have taken thought (the voice in your head to be the final authority. This is an inverted view
There is no way to avoid this unfortunate phenomena, except to let it go, let it be.

Who or What are You unless you think about it.

Are you thought, or is thought you.

Think on these things. There is no such state as a thoughtfree state, thoughts are always free to come and go, just try stopping them from happening, or making them happen. You'll see there is no one here to do that, nor is there anyone to experience thoughtfree awareness, since there's no such state.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

And you have taken thought that there is an apparent voice inside your head that belongs to a ''someone'' when in reality there is no ''someone'' inside a body with a voice.
roydop

Post by roydop »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:22 pm
There is no way to avoid this unfortunate phenomena, except to let it go, let it be.

Who or What are You unless you think about it.

Are you thought, or is thought you.

Think on these things. There is no such state as a thoughtfree state, thoughts are always free to come and go, just try stopping them from happening, or making them happen. You'll see there is no one here to do that, nor is there anyone to experience thoughtfree awareness, since there's no such state.
Watch one of my satsang video's then get back to me on the "There is no such state as a thought free state." May do some research on Ramana Maharshi
roydop

Post by roydop »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:27 pm
And you have taken thought that there is an apparent voice inside your head that belongs to a ''someone'' when in reality there is no ''someone'' inside a body with a voice.
There is a voice in your head and what I'm saying is that that voice is what projects the illusion of separation and is the cause of all physcological suffering

Enlightenment is the transcendence of the voice in the head.

Stillness. Quiet. Absolute Happiness
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

I'm curious, roy, how do you propose to make money out of this shabby scheme of yours?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

E97CDBB2-8408-4BCF-83D0-A831A3F18BD0.jpeg
E97CDBB2-8408-4BCF-83D0-A831A3F18BD0.jpeg (111.04 KiB) Viewed 520 times
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

roydop wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:05 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:27 pm
There is a voice in your head and what I'm saying is that that voice is what projects the illusion of separation and is the cause of all physcological suffering

Enlightenment is the transcendence of the voice in the head.

Stillness. Quiet. Absolute Happiness
I'm still not sure what you mean by 'THOUGHT-FREE AWARENESS '

When you say ''ThoughtFree Awareness'' - Do you mean the state of being where no more ''thoughts'' ever appear to this being ever again?

And what is it that transcends ? is it the voice in the head that transcends...or is it the awareness of the voice in the head that transcends?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

roydop wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:01 pm
Watch one of my satsang video's then get back to me on the "There is no such state as a thought free state." May do some research on Ramana Maharshi
If you are popping into the PN forum, then at least discuss your theory here, rather than lure people away to some other website to watch your videos in the wish to get more views. Why can't you just discuss your theory here on the forum, isn't that why you come here, or do you only come here to sell yourself?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"And you have taken thought that there is an apparent voice inside your head that belongs to a ''someone'' when in reality there is no ''someone'' inside a body with a voice."

u may have been out-zenned by DAM, Roy. what if there is no 'u' and instead just a series of sense impressions and experiencs called 'Roy'?
roydop

Post by roydop »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:42 am
roydop wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:01 pm
If you are popping into the PN forum, then at least discuss your theory here, rather than lure people away to some other website to watch your videos in the wish to get more views. Why can't you just discuss your theory here on the forum, isn't that why you come here, or do you only come here to sell yourself?
You just said that there was no such state as thought free Awareness so I showed you someone in exactly that state.

What are you trying to not see?
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

roydop wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:17 pm You just said that there was no such state as thought free Awareness so I showed you someone in exactly that state.
And, as it's been pointed out in the other thread. You don't show internal states to people with videos. You know, problem of other minds and all that. It is truly strange what you consider showing someone.

And if your response is now going to be that I don't believe in this and should shut up and try it...that happened long ago. Just repeatedly noting that there are some very basic interpersonal skills and understanding that are missing in your approach to other humans.