Your Natural State is Happiness

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Your Natural State is Happiness

Post by Dontaskme »

roydop wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:59 pm If you ever find yourself in the depths of despair, know that there is an infinite ocean of peace and absolute happiness within you at all times in/as thought free Awareness.

All I can say is that as long as you are searching for happiness, you will remain unhappy.

No thing in life ever informed a thing it was happy or unhappy.

I cannot be happy, because I have never been unhappy...there's no such state in reality, except as an illusion.

And no thing, not a thing does not exist to be able to inform it's condition or state...except as illusion.

So I guess it's just ''Double Quandaries'' ....All the way down......down down down, don't bring me down...Bruce!

Don't be stretching me arm strong. I'm in great shape, just as I am. :D
roydop

Post by roydop »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:42 am
roydop wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 10:59 pm If you ever find yourself in the depths of despair, know that there is an infinite ocean of peace and absolute happiness within you at all times in/as thought free Awareness.

All I can say is that as long as you are searching for happiness, you will remain unhappy.

I cannot be happy, because I have never been unhappy...there's no such state in reality, except as an illusion.

And no thing, not a thing does not exist to be able to inform it's condition or state...except as illusion.

So I guess it's just ''Double Quandaries'' ....All the way down......down down down, don't bring me down...Bruce!

I have never said to search for happiness. I say that happiness is our natural state.

To dispel the illusion and realize that one is happiness itself, one must find and abide in/as thought free Awareness as such is the natural state.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

roydop wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:05 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:42 am

I have never said to search for happiness. I say that happiness is our natural state.

To dispel the illusion and realize that one is happiness itself, one must find and abide in/as thought free Awareness as such is the natural state.
There is no one in thoughtfree awareness to be happy or unhappy - your idea is flawed.

The natural state is neither happy or unhappy.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

You can always be relied on to say something stupid, roy. Consistency is a good thing.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

roydop wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:05 pm To dispel the illusion and realize that one is happiness itself, one must find and abide in/as thought free Awareness as such is the natural state.
Here's a prediction. You keep coming here and lecturing you will again get people reacting to you as they have. You in turn will get more and more insulting and/or begin to hide your reaction to people not appreciating the condescension and assumptions on your part.

You are much more likely to find that your natural state of happiness for some reason quite easily turns sour when you interact with people who have a different take on life.

One might even guess that you are seeking to be in the dynamic with people who you think don't get it. As this is a way of 'confirming' that you do.

We seen this happen once. Let's see if it happens again.
roydop

Post by roydop »

Harbal wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:33 pm
You can always be relied on to say something stupid, roy. Consistency is a good thing.
You are unable to remain in the natural state of thought free Awareness so you declare my statement as "stupid".
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

roydop wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:56 pm
You are unable to remain in the natural state of thought free Awareness so you declare my statement as "stupid".
Yep, you got it roy boy. :wink:
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

This is your natural state.

I wish all of you the best.

🙏
Thank you for the good wishes but what you assert would require a lobotomy. So the question remains would I still be happy being happy! :?
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Your natural state is happiness...........
What does that even mean?
It's like you have a problem, you ask for advice and that person says "Don't worry be happy".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3HQMbQAWRc

that is why I do not like this song, because it is simply stupid.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

It is stupid.

Imagine the ''pressure'' as in (not being relaxed) of always having to make sure one is staying within the parameter of 'happiness' you have measured out for yourself. A special state that you mustn't step out of, else you'll not be in the happy zone, you must remain in the happy zone if you do not want to be miserable. (That's basically what you are implying)

Must be a bit cramped in that space, to remain only there for your happiness and well being, sounds like a stressful responsibility having to maintain a special state and remain there, else .....

Imagine not daring to move even 1 centimetre either to the left or right of your measured zone in fear of breaching the happiness parameter, where you must always remain.

Yep, it's very stupid roy boy.
And is why you are not the roy daddy. To be the daddy roy boy, you need to be a super max extreme abnormal person, and not just a stupid one. :D
roydop

Post by roydop »

Dubious wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:47 am

This is your natural state.

I wish all of you the best.

🙏
Thank you for the good wishes but what you assert would require a lobotomy. So the question remains would I still be happy being happy! :?
I have stated this many times but folk don't seem to grok it:

The state of thought free Awareness is A HIGHER level of Self-Awareness than that of the thought state. Consciousness that does not know/hasn't recognized thought free Awareness assumes that thought free Awareness is a lower evolutionary state. The logic is that rocks don't think and therefore if "I" don't think then I am in the same state as the rock.

This is incorrect.

Thought free Awareness is a HIGHER level of Self-Awareness, not lower
roydop

Post by roydop »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:03 am
It is stupid.

Imagine the ''pressure'' as in (not being relaxed) of always having to make sure one is staying within the parameter of 'happiness' you have measured out for yourself. A special state that you mustn't step out of, else you'll not be in the happy zone, you must remain in the happy zone if you do not want to be miserable. (That's basically what you are implying)

Must be a bit cramped in that space, to remain only there for your happiness and well being, sounds like a stressful responsibility having to maintain a special state and remain there, else .....

Imagine not daring to move even 1 centimetre either to the left or right of your measured zone in fear of breaching the happiness parameter, where you must always remain.

Yep, it's very stupid roy boy.
And is why you are not the roy daddy. To be the daddy roy boy, you need to be a super max extreme abnormal person, and not just a stupid one. :D
There is no effort to letting go.

The "pressure" is the act of trying to fill every moment of stillness/Reality with "something" ( a thought or sensation). Is it not so that as soon as there is silence/stillness, a human will seek out/create something to do or think about. There is no peace but rather a desire for anything BUT peace.

You have all of Reality inverted. The inversion is projected by thought
roydop

Post by roydop »

reasonvemotion wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:30 am Your natural state is happiness...........
What does that even mean?
It's like you have a problem, you ask for advice and that person says "Don't worry be happy".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3HQMbQAWRc

that is why I do not like this song, because it is simply stupid.
You don't know what happiness is?

The problem itself is an illusion PROJECTED BY THOUGHT. Does that problem that arose, exist separately from the thought OF the problem? Is not the the problem exactly the thought itself?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:51 pm
The "pressure" is the act of trying to fill every moment of stillness/Reality with "something" ( a thought or sensation). Is it not so that as soon as there is silence/stillness, a human will seek out/create something to do or think about. There is no peace but rather a desire for anything BUT peace.

You are already stillness. You are already peace. There is nothing that need to be done to reach or achieve this natural state, just as there is nothing a tree needs to do to be a tree.

You are the stillness and peace in which every thought arises and passes away - there is absolutely nothing in the human form that is making these thoughts happen or making them not happen or pass away after they have arisen.

Your theory is therefore flawed and extremely inverted. Your own thinking is the obvious obstruction to your own logic. No human being or any conceptually thought thing is making life happen or not happen. No thing can stop or bring on a thought or make it go away.

The human body has no need for happiness. Thought does, and is the very thing you are trying to eliminate.

My leg or my arm never tells itself it is happy.
The emptiness of thoughtfree awareness can never know it is happy. That requires thought, thoughtfree awareness only shows up when thought is present, thought is needed to know there is such a state as happy thoughtfree awareness. When the thought disappears, so does thoughtfree awareness because there is no such state independant of thought.

roydop

Post by roydop »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:34 pm
roydop wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 4:51 pm

You are already stillness. You are already peace. There is nothing that need to be done to reach or achieve this natural state, just as there is nothing a tree needs to do to be a tree.

You are the stillness and peace in which every thought arises and passes away - there is absolutely nothing in the human form that is making these thoughts happen or making them not happen or pass away after they have arisen.

Your theory is therefore flawed and extremely inverted. Your own thinking is the obvious obstruction to your own logic. No human being or any conceptually thought thing is making life happen or not happen. No thing can stop or bring on a thought or make it go away.

The human body has no need for happiness. Thought does, and is the very thing you are trying to eliminate.

My leg or my arm never tells itself it is happy.
The emptiness of thoughtfree awareness can never know it is happy. That requires thought, thoughtfree awareness only shows up when thought is present, thought is needed to know there is such a state as happy thoughtfree awareness. When the thought disappears, so does thoughtfree awareness because there is no such state independant of thought.

You have taken thought to be the final authority and you are unable to see such

"Happiness" is the thought used to describe the natural state. While in/as that state there is no need for a thought to validate the experience. The subjective experience of Self within the relative realm is called "Happiness"

Seems odd to me that there is so much resistance to simply being happy