the lure of passions...

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

uwot

Re: the lure of passions...

Post by uwot »

Harbal wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:44 pm
uwot wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:30 pm Yes; what a coincidence that the word of god is as open to change and interpretation as the word of man.
And if the original texts were examined, I suspect his handwriting would also be remarkably similar to that of men. :)
You could be onto something Harbal.

Re: the lure of passions...

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:38 am
Age wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:26 am A mother who is not passionate about raising her child correctly, nor with good intentions, some would say is worse that a mother who is passionate about raising her child correctly, and with good intentions.
Yes, devotion to your children's welfare is commendable, and if their welfare is threatened then a passionate response from a parent to protect it would be appropriate. I don't get the impression that that is the sort of passion that this thread is about, although I could be wrong about that because no one has been very specific about their passion.

People who are passionate about their football team, or who claim to be passionate about art, or something like that, can be quite annoying, though.
Yes that is true.