solving metaphysics

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Advocate

Re: solving metaphysics

Post by Advocate »

[quote=Age post_id=587975 time=1659602366 user_id=16237]
[quote=Advocate post_id=587890 time=1659542967 user_id=15238]
In the metaphysics section i put a set of posts that together coherently answer everything in metaphysics and everything else in philosophy by logical extension, and yet there had been no particular notice.

What good is Anyone doing philosophy if the answers can be put right in front of their face and nothing in the universe changes.[/quote]

What did you expect would happen, when 'your' answers were seen?
What good is Anyone seeking out knowledge if they don't care to get the basics right?, if they don't recognize answers when they see them?[/quote]

I, for one, recognized that they were 'your' answers. Now what is 'it' you were expecting or wanting to happen?
How can society possibly progress if it ignores the most important things entirely? [/quote]

Let us say that 'your' answers are the most important things, entirely, how, exactly, is this going to help or make society progress? And, 'progress' in relation to what, exactly?
And especially when it's so called seekers doing most of the ignoring?[/quote]

Reading some things does not mean that they are necessarily being ignored, but what is 'it' exactly are you expecting or wanting to happen?

Are you waiting for Everyone to congratulate you and/or applaud you? Or, put you on a pedestal, give you a prize, and/or worship you? Or, are you waiting for Someone to dispute and/or debate you? Or, something else?

That extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence is identical to extraordinary claims being irrelevant in a world that doesn't care to examine the evidence for such claims even when it's regarding the most important questions. [/quote]

How could we examine the so-called 'evidence', for 'your' claims, when none has been provided?

And what, exactly, are the most important questions.
If finding answers is only available for the mundane, why bother?
[/quote]

Where were the actual questions?

How about you write down and show us the exact question?

Then, inform us of what 'your' answer is, exactly?

And then, provide us with the actual evidence for 'your' claim?

Also, it would be extremely helpful if you provide us with why 'your' answers and claims will help, or make, society progress, and tell us what 'your' answers will supposedly progress society towards, exactly.

When, and if, you do, then we literally have some 'thing' to discuss.
[/quote]

Every metaphysical question is "what is the nature of?"
My work is all out there, in many overlapping and coherent versions, addressing everything you've brought up, repeatedly. You don't get to pretend the problem is me, and by the way, you're on the list of people missing the point of this thread now too.
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

Let's examine what a True Philosopher might say in a thread like this...

"That's a major contention which, if true, will have major implications across the world of philosophy. By what criteria is your set of answers better than any other? I might want you to clarify some definitions here or there but I'm excited!"

See how that works? - zeroing in on something that really matters. I just call it thinking but apparently most people don't understand thinking.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

Advocate wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:16 pm Let's examine what a True Philosopher might say in a thread like this...
Does this "True Philosopher" know already that both you and Age each claim to be the greatest philosopher ever?
Or does he operate from behind a veil of ignorance about all that?
Advocate

Post by Advocate »

[quote=FlashDangerpants post_id=588027 time=1659626880 user_id=11800]
[quote=Advocate post_id=588023 time=1659626191 user_id=15238]
Let's examine what a True Philosopher might say in a thread like this...
[/quote]
Does this "True Philosopher" know already that both you and Age each claim to be the greatest philosopher ever?
[/quote]

The criteria are;
a) cohesive, coherent, conclusive,
b) expressible in ordinary language,
c) compatible with scientific consensus,
d) no gaps, special pleading, appeal to authority, or woo

The scope is everything in metaphysics, and by logical extension everything in philosophy.

I've brought them up many times but here we are.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

FlashDangerpants wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:28 pm
Advocate wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:16 pm Let's examine what a True Philosopher might say in a thread like this...
I read his response to this post. He didn't seem to understand what I consider clearly phrased questions. In any case, he didn't answer them. One wonders why he bothered to quote your post. To make it more likely you would read his proclamation? To diss you?

Of course, sometimes I see intention where there is chaos.

Post by Age »

Advocate wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:12 pm
Age wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:39 am
Advocate wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:09 pm In the metaphysics section i put a set of posts that together coherently answer everything in metaphysics and everything else in philosophy by logical extension, and yet there had been no particular notice.

What good is Anyone doing philosophy if the answers can be put right in front of their face and nothing in the universe changes.
What did you expect would happen, when 'your' answers were seen?
Advocate wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:09 pm What good is Anyone seeking out knowledge if they don't care to get the basics right?, if they don't recognize answers when they see them?
I, for one, recognized that they were 'your' answers. Now what is 'it' you were expecting or wanting to happen?
Advocate wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:09 pm How can society possibly progress if it ignores the most important things entirely?
Let us say that 'your' answers are the most important things, entirely, how, exactly, is this going to help or make society progress? And, 'progress' in relation to what, exactly?
Advocate wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:09 pm And especially when it's so called seekers doing most of the ignoring?
Reading some things does not mean that they are necessarily being ignored, but what is 'it' exactly are you expecting or wanting to happen?

Are you waiting for Everyone to congratulate you and/or applaud you? Or, put you on a pedestal, give you a prize, and/or worship you? Or, are you waiting for Someone to dispute and/or debate you? Or, something else?
Advocate wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:09 pm
That extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence is identical to extraordinary claims being irrelevant in a world that doesn't care to examine the evidence for such claims even when it's regarding the most important questions.
How could we examine the so-called 'evidence', for 'your' claims, when none has been provided?

And what, exactly, are the most important questions.
Advocate wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:09 pm If finding answers is only available for the mundane, why bother?
Where were the actual questions?

How about you write down and show us the exact question?

Then, inform us of what 'your' answer is, exactly?

And then, provide us with the actual evidence for 'your' claim?

Also, it would be extremely helpful if you provide us with why 'your' answers and claims will help, or make, society progress, and tell us what 'your' answers will supposedly progress society towards, exactly.

When, and if, you do, then we literally have some 'thing' to discuss.
Every metaphysical question is "what is the nature of?"

Is it possible that you are using the 'metaphysical' word in a way that means or refers to something different to other people, and this why your point, (whatever they may well be), is getting missed here?

Have you ever considered writing down a sentence here beginning with, 'My point is ... ', and then just expressing what your point is, exactly?

Either why not just try this and see what happens?

My work is all out there, in many overlapping and coherent versions, addressing everything you've brought up, repeatedly.
So, it sounds like you are here absolutely totally useless and incapable in just writing down;

1. What the actual evidence is for 'your' claims and answers?

2. Why 'your' answers and claims will help, or make, society progress.

And,

3. To be able to tell us what 'your' answers will supposedly progress society towards, exactly.
Advocate wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:12 pm You don't get to pretend the problem is me, and by the way, you're on the list of people missing the point of this thread now too.
So, what is the point, which you say and claim we are missing?