Philosophy

Post by Wizard22 »

I pose to you all three "simple" questions:

1. What is the Meaning of Life?

2. Does God Exist (and How)?

3. What is the Nature of Reality?

Re: Philosophy

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:31 am I pose to you all three "simple" questions:

Living; being alive.
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:31 am 2. Does God Exist (and How)?
Yes.

In the visible sense, as thee Universe, Itself.

In the invisible sense, as thee Mind, Itself.

Both of, there is only One.
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:31 am 3. What is the Nature of Reality?
'Reality' is 'what IS, possible'.

ALL, as One, is made up of two fundamental things, namely; 'matter' and 'space'.

This can all be explained in much more detail, which does create and form one Grand Unified (Theory) Of Everything, which when delved into FULLY and tested is just, and reveals, irrefutable Facts.
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

1) The meaning of life is not in life itself, but in yourself.
And it depends on whether you want to be or not to be.

2) God does not exist, God is.

3) The nature of reality is Nothing.
Which is the same Being, and therefore God.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Age wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:21 amLiving; being alive.
The Meaning of Life, is Living?

Is it that simple? Problem solved?

Age wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:21 amYes.

God is this desk top? God is that rock over there? God is a mocha latte with sprinkles? We just get to make up whatever we want?

You're God and I'm God and that guy is God too? That doesn't make much sense to me.

Age wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:21 am'Reality' is 'what IS, possible'.

ALL, as One, is made up of two fundamental things, namely; 'matter' and 'space'.

This can all be explained in much more detail, which does create and form one Grand Unified (Theory) Of Everything, which when delved into FULLY and tested is just, and reveals, irrefutable Facts.
Reality is based on possibilities? That's interesting, can you say more about that?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

bobmax wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:09 pm 1) The meaning of life is not in life itself, but in yourself.

Word salad..

Let's see if it works with other ideas?

1) The meaning of cake is not in cake itself, but in yourself.
And it depends on whether you want cake or not.

Well that sort of works.

2) Dog does not exist, Dog is.

Hah. that still makes no sense

The culture of fantasy, is something. Which is the same as death, and therefore dog.
Nope

Let's parse it. Being is nothing which is the nature of reality - and therefor god.
Nah.
god is being, which is nothing which is the nature of reality.

QED
God does not exist.
Well I suppose that works.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Age wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:21 am
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:31 am I pose to you all three "simple" questions:

Living; being alive.
This is the smartest thing AGE has ever said

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:10 am
Age wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:21 amLiving; being alive.
The Meaning of Life, is Living?

Is it that simple? Problem solved?
Yes, and yes.
Age wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:21 amYes.

God is this desk top?
Only if you want the table top to be. But I NEVER said absolutely ANY that would lead one to ASSUME 'that', that is; IF they had sought CLARIFICATION, FIRST.
Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:10 am God is that rock over there?
Again, if that is what you want, then you can get and have that.

But, AGAIN, I NEVER said absolutely ANY thing that meant that.
Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:10 am God is a mocha latte with sprinkles?
ONCE MORE, if that is what you WANT, then you can have that.

BUT, you can class absolutely EVERY thing as God, if that pleases you. However, I have NEVER SAID, NOR MEANT absolutely ANY thing like that.
Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:10 am We just get to make up whatever we want?
If that is what you WANT to do, then you are ABSOLUTELY FREE to do so.

But I said what I said BECAUSE I can SHOW and PROVE it, in an IRREFUTABLE WAY.
Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:10 am You're God and I'm God and that guy is God too?
Is that what you REALLY WANT?
Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:10 am That doesn't make much sense to me.
NOR to me. But this is just because it is OBVIOUSLY ABSURD, RIDICULOUS, and ILLOGICAL.
Age wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:21 am'Reality' is 'what IS, possible'.

Reality is based on possibilities? That's interesting, can you say more about that?
One may ask what is 'the real world', 'the real truth', or 'Reality'.

And some will say that flying is NOT 'possible', or that traveling to the moon is NOT 'possible', or that traveling in time is NOT 'possible'. And each of these ones will say that being able to do these things is NOT 'the real world', is NOT 'the real truth', and NOT 'Reality', however, when these things become REAL, then, and only then, to these people these things BECOME 'possible', as well as 'Reality'.

The 'real world', or 'Reality', Itself, is NOT necessarily the 'world' that one is currently living in, but what IS ACTUALLY 'possible'.

I can say, explain, and/or elaborate on this FAR MORE, if you so wish and would like.
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:09 am
bobmax wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 1:09 pm 1) The meaning of life is not in life itself, but in yourself.

Word salad..

Well that sort of works.

The culture of fantasy, is something. Which is the same as death, and therefore dog.
Nope

Let's parse it. Being is nothing which is the nature of reality - and therefor god.
Nah.

QED
God does not exist.
I feel that you are sincere.
And that's what matters.
Because you show your faith in the Truth.

However, in my opinion you shouldn't get carried away by your own preconceptions.

Why does what you don't understand must necessarily be nonsense?

There is a difference between being and being there.
That is, between being and existence.

When you have grasped this difference, then you will be able to see how being coincides with nothingness.
And then your passion for what is true will have new momentum.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

bobmax wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 12:59 pm
Sculptor wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:09 am

Word salad..

Well that sort of works.

Nope

Nah.

QED
God does not exist.
I feel that you are sincere.
And that's what matters.
Because you show your faith in the Truth.

However, in my opinion you shouldn't get carried away by your own preconceptions.
That is pure projection.

Why does what you don't understand must necessarily be nonsense?
Because I understand English.

There is a difference between being and being there.
That is, between being and existence.
Go on!

When you have grasped this difference, then you will be able to see how being coincides with nothingness.
And then your passion for what is true will have new momentum.
Go on!
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

2. Does God Exist (and How)?

3. What is the Nature of Reality?
1. I'm not convinced this question is even itself meaningful

2. Probably not, at least not in the universe. There's probably some universes where one does (see answer 3 for possible context of why)

3. The answer to "why is there something instead of nothing?" is, in my view, more likely to be "why is there EVERYTHING instead of nothing?" In my view, we don't just happen to exist in a universe with the laws that happen to be what they are here. Rather, all possible forms of existence are all in existence. I think it's far more likely that EVERYTHING exists, rather than that something exists and it just happens to be this extremely specific universe we're familiar with.
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Age wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:12 amIf that is what you WANT to do, then you are ABSOLUTELY FREE to do so.

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:10 am You're God and I'm God and that guy is God too?
How is God what I "really want" Him to be? Is God entirely subjective? Is my desire greater or truer than your own?

Age wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:12 amOne may ask what is 'the real world', 'the real truth', or 'Reality'.

And some will say that flying is NOT 'possible', or that traveling to the moon is NOT 'possible', or that traveling in time is NOT 'possible'. And each of these ones will say that being able to do these things is NOT 'the real world', is NOT 'the real truth', and NOT 'Reality', however, when these things become REAL, then, and only then, to these people these things BECOME 'possible', as well as 'Reality'.

The 'real world', or 'Reality', Itself, is NOT necessarily the 'world' that one is currently living in, but what IS ACTUALLY 'possible'.

I can say, explain, and/or elaborate on this FAR MORE, if you so wish and would like.
That's interesting. So reality is what "Actually" is, and not what people deem possible or impossible?
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:27 pm1. I'm not convinced this question is even itself meaningful
Why not? Don't people seek Meaning in Life, and value to their Actions/Thoughts/Beliefs? Do some people lead more 'Meaningful' lives than others? For example, why do we herald the immortal legacy of "Alexander the Great", but not "Timothy the Lesser"? Is Meaning of Life Equal?

Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:27 pm2. Probably not, at least not in the universe. There's probably some universes where one does (see answer 3 for possible context of why)

3. The answer to "why is there something instead of nothing?" is, in my view, more likely to be "why is there EVERYTHING instead of nothing?" In my view, we don't just happen to exist in a universe with the laws that happen to be what they are here. Rather, all possible forms of existence are all in existence. I think it's far more likely that EVERYTHING exists, rather than that something exists and it just happens to be this extremely specific universe we're familiar with.
I agree, Everything Exists, so what does that then say about Reality?

Post by Age »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:34 am
Age wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:12 amIf that is what you WANT to do, then you are ABSOLUTELY FREE to do so.

How is God what I "really want" Him to be? Is God entirely subjective? Is my desire greater or truer than your own?
You are MISSING the point.
Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:34 am
Age wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:12 amOne may ask what is 'the real world', 'the real truth', or 'Reality'.

That's interesting. So reality is what "Actually" is, and not what people deem possible or impossible?
Without CLARIFYING with you, Yes, while also remembering that absolutely EVERY thing is relative to the observer.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

They are only simple in as much as there is no thought behind them.
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:31 am 1. What is the Meaning of Life?
The question itself is meaningless.
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:31 am 2. Does God Exist (and How)?
Even if I thought God did exist I would still answer no just to avoid the question in brackets. :)
Wizard22 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:31 am 3. What is the Nature of Reality?
By "reality" do you just mean those aspects of the physical universe that a human being is capable of perceiving? Even if that is all you are asking, I am more curious about the nature of the answers you are hoping to get.
Flannel Jesus

Post by Flannel Jesus »

Wizard22 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 8:39 am
Flannel Jesus wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:27 pm1. I'm not convinced this question is even itself meaningful
Why not? Don't people seek Meaning in Life, and value to their Actions/Thoughts/Beliefs? Do some people lead more 'Meaningful' lives than others? For example, why do we herald the immortal legacy of "Alexander the Great", but not "Timothy the Lesser"? Is Meaning of Life Equal?
I wouldn't use the word "meaningful" there. Some people make more impactful choices, find themselves in positions to make decisions that affect more people. I don't equate that with "meaning" personally. Some people end up in the history books, some don't. What was the meaning of Hitler's life, in your opinion?