Philosophy

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Belinda

Re: Philosophy

Post by Belinda »

Wizard22 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:44 pm A young child, a boy, can pretend to be a girl one day, a tiger the next day, a warrior the next day, a space marine the next day, etc.

Children tend to dabble in imagination. Adults should be, hypothetically, immersed in Reality and leave imagination behind for the most part, due to adult responsibilities. However, these times we live in, Postmodernism, adults tend to be childish and infantile for much, much longer. Some are stuck in an infantile stage.

If you don't know the difference between male and female, man and woman, as an adult, then it's pretty obvious you are stuck in infantile development.

Even a young child knows the differences between men and women, their biological mother and father.

Oh, wait, we are living in Postmodernism, where biological fathers are very rare, and they have been replaced by homosexual couples.

Again, this is more childishness tolerated across the whole of society. You can 'Pretend' all you want, forever. It doesn't make pretending, reality.

Pretending to be the opposite gender, or a different animal specie, doesn't make you that specie.

You can pretend to be a banana; are you a banana now, Belinda?

Please spare this thread this level of inanity. We need to be moving onto more sophisticated and complicated, Philosophical concerns, such as the Meaning of Life.
I am not a fruit. I am a free woman. I can act in a masculine manner if I so choose.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Your first sentence is true.
As is my second: trans-whatever is one or the other (charade or delusion)...it ain't about gender choice
what may be wrong with anyone acting feminine one day and masculine the next?
There's nuthin' wrong about roleplaying. And there's nuthin' wrong with doin' to and with your body as you see fit.

There's, however, a lot wrong with demandin' folks treat you as a woman when you're a man.

As I say: if Joe wants to pretend, or actually believes, he's Josephine, that ain't no skin offa my nose.

But, Joe is a guy. I won't pretend he's a she...not to be nice, not becuz legislation sez I must, not to avoid conflict.

As I say: participatin' in Joe's charade or delusion is tantamount to participatin' in the delusion fire freezes. Nuthin' good can come of it.

Now, you, my dear B, can participate in Joe's charade or delusion, can pretend fire freezes, to make nice or get along or show respect. But, one way or the other, you're gonna get burned.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Belinda wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:20 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:07 pm
Belinda wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:49 pm You could be right but I still think gender is a social role. Secondary sex characteristics don't include voluntary behaviours.
Well, the endocrine system is different and different during puberty. Hormones affect the nervous system and there are already neurological and hormonal differences going all the way back. These will lead to tendencies in relation to stress and all sorts of behaviors. Tendencies. I don't think anyone should be barred from anything due to sex/gender. I don't think anything should be assumed or pushed on an individual. But there are different tendencies, with a lot of overlap also. Then on top of this you have cultural expectations.

But even fetal brains are different between boys and girls.
https://angelusnews.com/arts-culture/ne ... -in-utero/
Okay, but what may be wrong with anyone acting feminine one day and masculine the next? Like one occasion calls for a traditionally masculine approach and another occasion calls for a traditionally feminine approach. If people can be flexible they can get things done more easily and more kindly.
Sure, as I said 'there is a lot of overlap' and further these are statistical tendencies. I don't think any one should be boxed in or told they shouldn't act like x because they are male or female.

My only point is that our physiologies, including those parts that affect personality/behavior, are different. But if my daughter wanted to be a boxer, and that was her dream, I'd support her - with tremendous worry, though I'd have that for a son also. If my daughter was a tough ass CEO, I am not going to lecture her about how she should be more relationship-focused or something.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Henry Quirk wrote:
There's, however, a lot wrong with demandin' folks treat you as a woman when you're a man.
But it's nobody else's business what my genitalia or hormones are like.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Iwannaplato wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:52 pm
Belinda wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:20 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:07 pm Well, the endocrine system is different and different during puberty. Hormones affect the nervous system and there are already neurological and hormonal differences going all the way back. These will lead to tendencies in relation to stress and all sorts of behaviors. Tendencies. I don't think anyone should be barred from anything due to sex/gender. I don't think anything should be assumed or pushed on an individual. But there are different tendencies, with a lot of overlap also. Then on top of this you have cultural expectations.

But even fetal brains are different between boys and girls.
https://angelusnews.com/arts-culture/ne ... -in-utero/
Okay, but what may be wrong with anyone acting feminine one day and masculine the next? Like one occasion calls for a traditionally masculine approach and another occasion calls for a traditionally feminine approach. If people can be flexible they can get things done more easily and more kindly.
Sure, as I said 'there is a lot of overlap' and further these are statistical tendencies. I don't think any one should be boxed in or told they shouldn't act like x because they are male or female.

My only point is that our physiologies, including those parts that affect personality/behavior, are different. But if my daughter wanted to be a boxer, and that was her dream, I'd support her - with tremendous worry, though I'd have that for a son also. If my daughter was a tough ass CEO, I am not going to lecture her about how she should be more relationship-focused or something.
I agree and I agree also that the flexible attitude is good for how we relate to others especially nearest and dearest.
Iwannaplato

Post by Iwannaplato »

Belinda wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:51 am I agree and I agree also that the flexible attitude is good for how we relate to others especially nearest and dearest.
Unfortunately people don't have very good memories or even collective memories. So while conservatives rail against feminism - and since this is a very broad category of positions, perhaps with merit - many have a hard time acknowledging that the view of women in the 50s was very limited. Women were capable of all sorts of things that it was not considered possible for them to be and not just in extremely rare cases, but often in general. Mad Men, the early seasons, does give a decent picture of how women were viewed. One can certainly debate all sorts of things, but there was an extremely confused image of women at that time.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Belinda wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:48 am Henry Quirk wrote:
I agree.

Moreover: I don't care to know about your privates or your glands.

Take a look at this...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JjxJOLQg47k

...from three years ago.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:21 pm
Belinda wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:48 am Henry Quirk wrote:
I agree.

Moreover: I don't care to know about your privates or your glands.

Take a look at this...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JjxJOLQg47k

...from three years ago.
To be treated as a man it's sufficient that you want to be treated as a man. Nobody cares about your physique.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Belinda wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:46 pm To be treated as a man it's sufficient that you want to be treated as a man. Nobody cares about your physique.
Let's stick, for the moment, with the guy in the video, the one who became irate becuz the clerk called him sir instead of miss or ma'am. You contend becuz he believes he is, or pretends to be, a woman he ought be treated as a woman?
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Belinda wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:56 pmI am not a fruit. I am a free woman. I can act in a masculine manner if I so choose.
You can certainly try to, imitate men, but why do you really want to? Have you asked yourself that?
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

henry quirk wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:40 pmThere's nuthin' wrong about roleplaying. And there's nuthin' wrong with doin' to and with your body as you see fit.

As I say: if Joe wants to pretend, or actually believes, he's Josephine, that ain't no skin offa my nose.

But, Joe is a guy. I won't pretend he's a she...not to be nice, not becuz legislation sez I must, not to avoid conflict.

As I say: participatin' in Joe's charade or delusion is tantamount to participatin' in the delusion fire freezes. Nuthin' good can come of it.

Now, you, my dear B, can participate in Joe's charade or delusion, can pretend fire freezes, to make nice or get along or show respect. But, one way or the other, you're gonna get burned.
It seems in this Postmodern Era, that liberal-leftist-marxist people have made it their meaning in life to intentionally deceive the general public, and, demand that people (like you) play along with their delusions.

And if we don't, then they threaten our bank accounts, our livelihoods, our social media reputation, etc.

Belinda just said something like, "thank God we're not in Saudi Arabia", but how is the West now any different, if Westerners are encouraging 5-year-old boys to castrate themselves???
Wizard22

Post by Wizard22 »

Belinda wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:48 amBut it's nobody else's business what my genitalia or hormones are like.
That's not how Society works.

Society works by people making other people's private affairs into "their business".

Society is determined directly by the amount of Privacy that Individuals have. In Western society, during the Colonial era, people had much more individuality--based on their ability to survive in hostile Frontiers, sometimes savagely cut down by Amerindians. Nowadays, that "individuality" is disappearing, and quickly. People demand less and less privacy from others in general. As Henry mentioned, people are supposed to sit passively by, and *pretend* that men are women and women are men, which is a sick joke when it actually happens in daily life.

It's quite disgusting.

I just read online yesterday, stories about a father worried about transexuals in the bathroom, if his daughter wants to use the restroom.

How sick must Western Civilization become, before people wake up?
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:28 am
Belinda wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:46 pm To be treated as a man it's sufficient that you want to be treated as a man. Nobody cares about your physique.
Let's stick, for the moment, with the guy in the video, the one who became irate becuz the clerk called him sir instead of miss or ma'am. You contend becuz he believes he is, or pretends to be, a woman he ought be treated as a woman?
I chose a very femimine name 'Belinda'. I claim the right to be treated as an honorary man in situations where the male sex has the power.

If you had opted to be called Henriette I'd support your efforts to be treated as an honorary man.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Wizard22 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:01 am
Belinda wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:48 amBut it's nobody else's business what my genitalia or hormones are like.
That's not how Society works.

Society works by people making other people's private affairs into "their business".

Society is determined directly by the amount of Privacy that Individuals have. In Western society, during the Colonial era, people had much more individuality--based on their ability to survive in hostile Frontiers, sometimes savagely cut down by Amerindians. Nowadays, that "individuality" is disappearing, and quickly. People demand less and less privacy from others in general. As Henry mentioned, people are supposed to sit passively by, and *pretend* that men are women and women are men, which is a sick joke when it actually happens in daily life.

It's quite disgusting.

I just read online yesterday, stories about a father worried about transexuals in the bathroom, if his daughter wants to use the restroom.

How sick must Western Civilization become, before people wake up?
The well known rest-room dilemma is due firstly to criminals who feel entitled to interfere with others whenever they choose, and secondly the bad design of public rest rooms. These should all have attendants who issue tickets for individual private spaces.
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Wizard,
And if we don't *, then they threaten our bank accounts, our livelihoods, our social media reputation, etc.
Indeed. The solution is to harden your life against such attacks.

What the enemy can't touch, the enemy can't damage.

*cater to their delusions