Who/What am I ?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Who/What am I ?

Post by Dontaskme »

Who am I? Not the body, because it is decaying; not the mind, because the brain will decay with the body; not the personality, nor the emotions, for these also will vanish with death.

Ramana Maharshi

Truth is...there is no way knowing can know who or what knowing is, because that which is KNOWN cannot know anything.

To question who's Life is it..is to always posit this obvious NOT-KNOWING

Knowing is always Singular first-person pronoun. There is no knowing outside or beyond that arena.

The I can only point to itself...this NOT-KNOWING
Dontaskme

Re: Who/What am I ?

Post by Dontaskme »

I / eye is the physical representation of Light ...aka lights projection, image.

Therefore, I / eye is the camera / it is the projection of itself aka an image of the PROJECTOR. Only the image is known. This knowing is all that can be known.. as and through identification with it's own reflection...which is NONE OTHER THAN always this LIGHT refecting upon itself...as an object/aka an image.

The retina as a thin layer of tissue that lines the back of the eye on the inside. It is located near the optic nerve. The purpose of the retina is to receive light that the lens has focused, convert the light into neural signals, and send these signals on to the brain for visual recognition.

What is light ... a: something that makes vision possible. b : the sensation aroused by stimulation of the visual receptors. c : electromagnetic radiation of any wavelength that travels in a vacuum with a speed of 299,792,458 meters (about 186,000 miles) per second specifically : such radiation that is visible to the human eye.

Now, here's the kicker...No object can SEE or KNOW Light...because that seeing and knowing is the LIGHT..the only knowing there is.

Christians answer the question '' Who am I '' with the word GOD

Never realising that to question / is to artificially separate itself from what is always WHOLE

That which is Whole can NEVER be anything less than whole, therefore, separation is always an illusion.

Christians therefore, are forever lost in the dream of separation, which is a blunder of consciousness, it's being identified with the mental image as the real I...it's a confusion which they spread around like a virus to anyone who will listen. Most know the blunder to be what it is, but Christians will always deny this obvious blunder, because they are manipulative narcissists...beware, for here there are dragons.

bobmax

Post by bobmax »

Yes, but is the purpose of knowing knowledge itself?

What really matters is to accumulate knowledge?
Or is knowledge not merely a means to bliss?

But once I'm bliss, what do I care about knowledge?
Isn't knowledge now a useless tool that I can throw away?

Because I don't need to know anything anymore.
What I have known has served its purpose, I can now let it go.

To be or not to be?

Not being needs to know.
Being does not need anything.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bobmax wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:58 pm Yes, but is the purpose of knowing knowledge itself?

What really matters is to accumulate knowledge?
Or is knowledge not merely a means to bliss?

But once I'm bliss, what do I care about knowledge?
Isn't knowledge now a useless tool that I can throw away?

Because I don't need to know anything anymore.
What I have known has served its purpose, I can now let it go.

To be or not to be?

Not being needs to know.
Being does not need anything.
Meaning and purpose or value, or a sense of positive feeing or well being is not there in reality. These things are only there when there is a someone to whom these things are known experientially..in other words, they are imposed projections onto what is in reality a state of total indifference.

Therefore, these human emotions must be functions within the brain mind body organism, and have no place to exist outside of the brain...now, how does a lump of matter make the movie of human life to play upon the screen of consciousness... surely without a brain present...no such meaning, purpose, value or sense of identity exist at all...not that existence is absent full stop, because the absence of reality is never a human experience.

As for the ''Bliss'' idea...I personally do not believe that knowing one is alive is anywhere near comparable to a blissful state of being, I would say the complete opposite, to me personally, I think the knowing of one's existence is anything but blissful, rather it's more like a feeling of dire dread.

The only time the feeling of bliss comes up for me is when I think about being dead...while being alive is a nightmare for me.
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:44 am Meaning and purpose or value, or a sense of positive feeing or well being is not there in reality. These things are only there when there is a someone to whom these things are known experientially..in other words, they are imposed projections onto what is in reality a state of total indifference.

Therefore, these human emotions must be functions within the brain mind body organism, and have no place to exist outside of the brain...now, how does a lump of matter make the movie of human life to play upon the screen of consciousness... surely without a brain present...no such meaning, purpose, value or sense of identity exist at all...not that existence is absent full stop, because the absence of reality is never a human experience.

As for the ''Bliss'' idea...I personally do not believe that knowing one is alive is anywhere near comparable to a blissful state of being, I would say the complete opposite, to me personally, I think the knowing of one's existence is anything but blissful, rather it's more like a feeling of dire dread.

The only time the feeling of bliss comes up for me is when I think about being dead...while being alive is a nightmare for me.
I think you are right.
But not because what you describe is the Truth.
You are right in the sense that you are on the right path.

Terror is necessary.

I certainly speak for myself, for what my experience has been and where it has led me so far.
From where I am now, I listen to what you say by comparing it with my feelings.

I too, often feel the horror of existence.
An indescribable horror, which I have always tried to exorcise, chasing it away every time it presented itself.

Only recently have I begun to perhaps understand the reason for this all-encompassing horror.

The reason is the insufficiency of love in myself.
I still love myself too much.

Even though I actually spend a lot of my time hating myself...
But even this hatred only favors myself over anyone else.

However, there are rare moments when I forget myself, moments that usually follow stressful events.
When this happens I am no longer there and there is only the world.

And the world is the same loved.
It is bliss.

So I sincerely hope that love will catch you, so that you are just love itself.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bobmax wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:49 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:44 am Meaning and purpose or value, or a sense of positive feeing or well being is not there in reality. These things are only there when there is a someone to whom these things are known experientially..in other words, they are imposed projections onto what is in reality a state of total indifference.

I think you are right.
But not because what you describe is the Truth.
You are right in the sense that you are on the right path.

Terror is necessary.

I certainly speak for myself, for what my experience has been and where it has led me so far.
From where I am now, I listen to what you say by comparing it with my feelings.

I too, often feel the horror of existence.
An indescribable horror, which I have always tried to exorcise, chasing it away every time it presented itself.

Only recently have I begun to perhaps understand the reason for this all-encompassing horror.

The reason is the insufficiency of love in myself.
I still love myself too much.

Even though I actually spend a lot of my time hating myself...
But even this hatred only favors myself over anyone else.

However, there are rare moments when I forget myself, moments that usually follow stressful events.
When this happens I am no longer there and there is only the world.

And the world is the same loved.
It is bliss.

So I sincerely hope that love will catch you, so that you are just love itself.
I hear what you are saying..but do not agree with some of what you say.

For me, love is a mental construct, manmade out of the necessity to survive, it's a needy word, that only has any meaning for one who is here to understand it's meaning, apart from that, the word is totally meaningless, and has no reality within reality itself except in it's artificial conception, the need to exist...

In reality, the universe has no need or necessity to exist, because it hasn't got a mind to project meaning and purpose onto existence. Therefore, the mind and it's constructs are nothing but myths upon an indifferent world.

But thanks for your comments and responses, I sincerely enjoy reading them. :D

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:26 am Who am I? Not the body, because it is decaying; not the mind, because the brain will decay with the body; not the personality, nor the emotions, for these also will vanish with death.

Ramana Maharshi

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:26 am Truth is...there is no way knowing can know who or what knowing is, because that which is KNOWN cannot know anything.
HOW do 'you', "dontaskme", KNOW what the 'Truth is'?

WHY do 'you' CLAIM that 'you' KNOW what the 'Truth is'?
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:26 am To question who's Life is it..is to always posit this obvious NOT-KNOWING
YET 'you' CLAIM to KNOW what NOT-KNOWING IS, as well as to KNOWING what the 'Truth IS'.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:26 am Knowing is always Singular first-person pronoun. There is no knowing outside or beyond that arena.
WHEN, and IF, 'you' EVER LEARN and FULLY UNDERSTAND WHO and WHAT the One and ONLY, incorrectly worded, "first-person" IS, EXACTLY, then 'you' WILL ALSO SEE, LEARN, and UNDERSTAND what IS ACTUALLY, IRREFUTABLY True, Right, AND Correct here.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:26 am The I can only point to itself...this NOT-KNOWING
So, what IS, (literally), 'KNOWING', ITSELF?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:31 am
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:26 am Who am I? Not the body, because it is decaying; not the mind, because the brain will decay with the body; not the personality, nor the emotions, for these also will vanish with death.

Ramana Maharshi

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:26 am Truth is...there is no way knowing can know who or what knowing is, because that which is KNOWN cannot know anything.

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:26 am To question who's Life is it..is to always posit this obvious NOT-KNOWING
YET 'you' CLAIM to KNOW what NOT-KNOWING IS, as well as to KNOWING what the 'Truth IS'.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:26 am Knowing is always Singular first-person pronoun. There is no knowing outside or beyond that arena.
WHEN, and IF, 'you' EVER LEARN and FULLY UNDERSTAND WHO and WHAT the One and ONLY, incorrectly worded, "first-person" IS, EXACTLY, then 'you' WILL ALSO SEE, LEARN, and UNDERSTAND what IS ACTUALLY, IRREFUTABLY True, Right, AND Correct here.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:26 am The I can only point to itself...this NOT-KNOWING
lol
lol
lol
lol
lol
lol
lol

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:44 am
Age wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:31 am

Ramana Maharshi

lol
lol
lol
lol
lol
lol
lol
Here is ANOTHER GREAT EXAMPLE of the INABILITY and the IMMATURITY of the adult human being, back in the days when this was being written.
Walker

Post by Walker »

It's a rhetorical question.

The real question is, where's the list of what you're not, since no one really gives a damn what you are.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:03 am It's a rhetorical question.

The real question is, where's the list of what you're not, since no one really gives a damn what you are.
Theres no one to give one a dam... so shut your big fat net i trap...

There is no real question...but you in your dream world will always be hook line and sunk to answer what no one gives a dam about. :lol:
Walker

Post by Walker »

pathetic
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:22 ampathetic

I know you are but what AM I

Oh, that's right, it's only a rhetorical question...the demand for an answer. :lol:

Stop being so demanding on yourself...it's starting to get tiresome...needs draining.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:55 am
Here is ANOTHER GREAT EXAMPLE of the INABILITY and the IMMATURITY of the adult human being, back in the days when this was being written.
If you say so.

bobmax

Post by bobmax »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:18 am I hear what you are saying..but do not agree with some of what you say.

For me, love is a mental construct, manmade out of the necessity to survive, it's a needy word, that only has any meaning for one who is here to understand it's meaning, apart from that, the word is totally meaningless, and has no reality within reality itself except in it's artificial conception, the need to exist...

In reality, the universe has no need or necessity to exist, because it hasn't got a mind to project meaning and purpose onto existence. Therefore, the mind and it's constructs are nothing but myths upon an indifferent world.

But thanks for your comments and responses, I sincerely enjoy reading them. :D
Here, too, I can only agree with you.

But only because I appreciate your sincere research.
Which brought you this far.

Excuse me if I take one step too far, but in my opinion you are close to the turning point.
Because yours is authentic, strong nihilism.

There is a weak and a strong nihilism.

Weak nihilism, by far the most widespread, is a still confused idea, a perception that has not yet become awareness, of the nothingness that dominates us.
Those who suffer from this nihilism run away in pursuit of all pleasure and try to avoid thinking about what they suspect inside themselves.

Weak nihilism leads to delirium of the will to power.
And it has already proved the devastation it can cause. As were fascism and Nazism.

On the other hand, strong nihilism is typical of those who are aware of the lack of any real value, but face it fearlessly.

Because what matters is the truth.

But the latter nihilist, who sees reality so clearly, did not consider a fundamental aspect.
And he has not yet known it because it is simple.
And the simple is always so difficult...

That is, you have not considered that existence must have no meaning.
And that it is therefore right that you cannot find meaning anywhere.

For the simple reason that you have to give the meaning yourself!

You were thrown into the world.
You find yourself lost.
You can cling to nothing that will comfort you.
Only on you can you count.

But is this not exactly what is required of you, only begotten son?

Isn't this the only authentic freedom?

In that compassion for this aching world?