Who/What am I ?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Who/What am I ?

Post by Dontaskme »

bobmax wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:23 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:22 am My main point is..why on earth, would anyone choose to be born, when they do not have to, why choose to procreate, why choose life when we do not have to? the universe does not require humanity to be, nor does the earth require humanity to be, plants and trees, the birds and the bees do not require humanity to be, nor does anything at all require humanity to be.

I personally did not choose to be born...so all that means is that the idea that there is a choosing to be born is an illusion....and so to me, the illusion there is a chooser, when there clearly isn't.. is a just an irritating mental annoyance, and if choice was real, I'd would much rather have never been born at all, into this mentally created annoying illusion. That's all I'm saying.

Being a Nihilist, for me, is not a negative emotion, rather, to me, it's the opposite, it's just coming to terms with the reality of things...it is just coming to the ultimate realisation that there is no thing living life. And that it is as and through that unconditional acceptance that life is indeed known to be an illusion is how I am able to bare it...because I also know that there is absolutely nothing that I personally can do to change this annoying persistent illusion ... I am aware it's going to continue on and on and on and on until humans finally go extinct, where there will be no more conceptual knowing available as to know extinction has happened..so even if there was a human extinction, even that idea would never be known to have happened, because one would have had to have known the extinction happened.

Life does not make any sense whatsoever, and I'm perfectly ok with that, and that's also why it's annoying to me, because I have no choice but to accept I'm just an illusion I'd rather not be, but are whether I like it or not..
In my opinion, you have built a high and impassable wall.

However, you do not realize that this wall of yours is founded on sand.
At any moment it can fall on itself.

You have come to the null value of existence.
But you have not yet faced the Absolute Nothing.

Because the nihilistic nothingness of values ​​has rational "truth" as its presupposition.
Which for you is Truth.

But what is certainly true for you suffers from irremediable contradictions.
Contradictions that you don't want to see, because they would rock your wall.

Try to reread what you wrote and you will notice how many contradictions there are.
Well you are more that welcome to what will only be your own interpretation of how I choose to express the answer to the question of who am I ….it’s your self bias opinion…..that changes nothing regarding my self bias opinion….Now, if you go back and re-read the OP again you will see that what we think we are is just an illusion and there is no thing being me, or you, or I or any thing at all.

Nihilism is the correct and most authentic and genuine way to live for the human being, it’s the only sane way to live, and the most rational and logical approach to how one deals with their existence in the most positive and bearable way possible.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

My personal nihilism is a positive, namely, it’s freedom. Nihilism is the realisation that no one has the right to tell you what to value, what to love, and what to dedicate your life to.

Nihilism is a philosophy that demands the practitioner care about everything. If you don’t stand up for what you believe in, who will?

I believe in harmony, freedom, peace, and the unconditional acceptance of changing for the better what I can, and totally letting go of what I cannot.
Plus, I prefer to live accepting that all I can know is that I do not know what or who or why I am. . Except to just Be…like a tree.
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

Please read what you wrote below.

You will notice the contradictions present.

Your last comment contradicts the previous ones.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:23 am What's the point of being born if you are just going to die.

What's the point of this torture chamber, known as life. Where you are told to be grateful, to be thankful, and told you have been created for a reason, and that you have to worship your creator, and if you do not you will spend forever isolated and detached from it, in a place called darkness or hell.

It's almost like a Freddy Krueger kind of nightmare. I mean why? just why?

And how come you can choose not to procreate more lives into existence, but you who can choose to not make more lives, did not, and cannot choose your own life to come into existence? how can that even make any sense?..
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:22 am My main point is..why on earth, would anyone choose to be born, when they do not have to, why choose to procreate, why choose life when we do not have to? the universe does not require humanity to be, nor does the earth require humanity to be, plants and trees, the birds and the bees do not require humanity to be, nor does anything at all require humanity to be.

I personally did not choose to be born...so all that means is that the idea that there is a choosing to be born is an illusion....and so to me, the illusion there is a chooser, when there clearly isn't.. is a just an irritating mental annoyance, and if choice was real, I'd would much rather have never been born at all, into this mentally created annoying illusion. That's all I'm saying.

Being a Nihilist, for me, is not a negative emotion, rather, to me, it's the opposite, it's just coming to terms with the reality of things...it is just coming to the ultimate realisation that there is no thing living life. And that it is as and through that unconditional acceptance that life is indeed known to be an illusion is how I am able to bare it...because I also know that there is absolutely nothing that I personally can do to change this annoying persistent illusion ... I am aware it's going to continue on and on and on and on until humans finally go extinct, where there will be no more conceptual knowing available as to know extinction has happened..so even if there was a human extinction, even that idea would never be known to have happened, because one would have had to have known the extinction happened.

Life does not make any sense whatsoever, and I'm perfectly ok with that, and that's also why it's annoying to me, because I have no choice but to accept I'm just an illusion I'd rather not be, but are whether I like it or not..
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:25 pm My personal nihilism is a positive, namely, it’s freedom. Nihilism is the realisation that no one has the right to tell you what to value, what to love, and what to dedicate your life to.

Nihilism is a philosophy that demands the practitioner care about everything. If you don’t stand up for what you believe in, who will?

I believe in harmony, freedom, peace, and the unconditional acceptance of changing for the better what I can, and totally letting go of what I cannot.
Plus, I prefer to live accepting that all I can know is that I do not know what or who or why I am. . Except to just Be…like a tree.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bobmax wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:01 pm Please read what you wrote below.

You will notice the contradictions present.

Your last comment contradicts the previous ones.
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:23 am What's the point of being born if you are just going to die.

What's the point of this torture chamber, known as life. Where you are told to be grateful, to be thankful, and told you have been created for a reason, and that you have to worship your creator, and if you do not you will spend forever isolated and detached from it, in a place called darkness or hell.

It's almost like a Freddy Krueger kind of nightmare. I mean why? just why?

And how come you can choose not to procreate more lives into existence, but you who can choose to not make more lives, did not, and cannot choose your own life to come into existence? how can that even make any sense?..

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:25 pm My personal nihilism is a positive, namely, it’s freedom. Nihilism is the realisation that no one has the right to tell you what to value, what to love, and what to dedicate your life to.

So what! :?

I am a paradoxical being...I am, and I am not...so fucking what! :shock: What is your stupid point you freaking weirdo?
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:25 am So what! :?

I am a paradoxical being...I am, and I am not...so fucking what! :shock: What is your stupid point you freaking weirdo?
Ok, now I seem to understand.

Good luck
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Who/What am I. One is that which experiences and through this process becomes one's context. As one grows hopefully one's context experience grows larger and larger. It can and does sometimes limit itself to family and village, for identity is gained through experience of context. Context defines and molds that which pliable the experiencing organism.