Who/What am I ?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dontaskme

Re: Who/What am I ?

Post by Dontaskme »

bobmax wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:01 pm
Isn't this the only authentic freedom?
Compassion was born out of the pain of living, therefore, the most compassionate thing to do would be to not impose more pain on the free. .no one can be free of pain while they live.

Therefore for me personally..
... the only authentic freedom I ever really enjoyed was the freedom of being inside my dads ball sack.

He is taking a risk everytime he dips his love wand in the creator of life..because the consequence of such an action is to take away authentic freedom by replacing it with a life time of slavery.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

A combination of chemicals in a world where serendipity seldom rules.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

bobmax wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:01 pm
Because what matters is the truth.

Truth is what gets reflected and hardly ever encountered directly. Shift its angle a little, viz., its perspective and truth reveals itself to be a variable depending on which of its features get enhanced or diminished by the mind which beholds it.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

indeed, that most pressing question all people at some point in their lives must ask the person in the mirror; https://youtu.be/LYb_nqU_43w

Who who. Who who.
Impenitent

Post by Impenitent »

you are what you do

unless you are Manfred Mann, then you do wah diddy

-Imp
Walker

Post by Walker »

Some Who's don't even make it to first.

(edited to remove "base.")
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

Dubious wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:51 pm
bobmax wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:01 pm Because what matters is the truth.
Truth is what gets reflected and hardly ever encountered directly. Shift its angle a little, viz., its perspective and truth reveals itself to be a variable depending on which of its features get enhanced or diminished by the mind which beholds it.
Of course.

If it were the other way around, if the Truth were really visible, could we still be there?

Truth cannot and must not exist for existence itself to be.

Not being there, the Truth appears as nothing.

However, is it not precisely in this Nothing that one must have faith?

Any other faith, which wants to believe in something, is nothing but superstition.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:40 am Some Who's don't even make it to first.

(edited to remove "base.")
Awareness can never know itself, it can only know what it is aware of...Awareness therefore, is the making of both the first and the last.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

bobmax wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:24 am
Dubious wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:51 pm
bobmax wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:01 pm Because what matters is the truth.
Of course.

If it were the other way around, if the Truth were really visible, could we still be there?

Truth cannot and must not exist for existence itself to be.

Not being there, the Truth appears as nothing.

However, is it not precisely in this Nothing that one must have faith?

Any other faith, which wants to believe in something, is nothing but superstition.
One can think of truth in a number of different ways, most not being explicitly wrong in how they regard it. Where humans are concerned, truth most often level down to a consensus where everyone in an environment of exceptionally low precipitation ends-up seeing the same mirage.

I don't think one must have faith in nothing for "faith" functions on hope and hope in nothing is a contradiction. For me "nothing" is, metaphorically, the ultimate empty set which cannot maintain its condition for long. In effect, I don't need to have faith in nothing; I only need to acknowledge it as such, but even that acknowledgement is wrong there being no such thing as Nothing since nothing, as Shakespeare mentions, becomes of nothing, neither time nor space having the ability to exist...even if he didn't think of it in those terms!
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

promethean75 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:11 am indeed, that most pressing question all people at some point in their lives must ask the person in the mirror; https://youtu.be/LYb_nqU_43w

Who who. Who who.
Only Minerva's owl knows for sure!

...but a secondary question!

Do I REALLY want to know :?: :twisted:
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

Dubious wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:28 pm One can think of truth in a number of different ways, most not being explicitly wrong in how they regard it. Where humans are concerned, truth most often level down to a consensus where everyone in an environment of exceptionally low precipitation ends-up seeing the same mirage.

I don't think one must have faith in nothing for "faith" functions on hope and hope in nothing is a contradiction. For me "nothing" is, metaphorically, the ultimate empty set which cannot maintain its condition for long. In effect, I don't need to have faith in nothing; I only need to acknowledge it as such, but even that acknowledgement is wrong there being no such thing as Nothing since nothing, as Shakespeare mentions, becomes of nothing, neither time nor space having the ability to exist...even if he didn't think of it in those terms!
Yes, hoping for nothing is a contradiction.

But isn't that a necessary contradiction?

Because nothing I can cling to that is really certain.

So I can only count on myself.
Digging and suffering, because the search for Truth almost always involves pain.

If, on the other hand, I give up, I give up in the face of total insecurity, then either I grab a reassuring truth and make it my own or I abandon myself to nihilism.

But in both cases it is always a question of superstition.

It is necessary to endure the contradiction in the name... of this same faith in the Nothing.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

What's the point of being born if you are just going to die.

What's the point of this torture chamber, known as life. Where you are told to be grateful, to be thankful, and told you have been created for a reason, and that you have to worship your creator, and if you do not you will spend forever isolated and detached from it, in a place called darkness or hell.

It's almost like a Freddy Krueger kind of nightmare. I mean why? just why?

And how come you can choose not to procreate more lives into existence, but you who can choose to not make more lives, did not, and cannot choose your own life to come into existence? how can that even make any sense?..

I'll tell you what does make sense...this chooser in life must be an illusion, because the chooser did not choose to be born.

And is why humans are idiots when they say they know for certain that there is a creator of you. You just know they are lying.
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:23 am What's the point of being born if you are just going to die.
Wouldn't the opposite be absurd?

If once born I never die, wouldn't this be the real horror?

In this case, life would have no meaning, because nothing would have value.

The value that only death can give.
But not death itself, death gives value through you.

It is necessary to live for death.
Not desiring death, but living fully with the awareness of death.

Death prompts you to seek treasure in the field.
That is, to look for what really matters.
It forces you to face the gaze of the Medusa, because only from you can the Truth arise.

But if you reject death, then you make it the ultimate truth itself.
And you are prey to nihilism.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

bobmax wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:05 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:23 am What's the point of being born if you are just going to die.
Wouldn't the opposite be absurd?

If once born I never die, wouldn't this be the real horror?

In this case, life would have no meaning, because nothing would have value.

The value that only death can give.
But not death itself, death gives value through you.

It is necessary to live for death.
Not desiring death, but living fully with the awareness of death.

Death prompts you to seek treasure in the field.
That is, to look for what really matters.
It forces you to face the gaze of the Medusa, because only from you can the Truth arise.

But if you reject death, then you make it the ultimate truth itself.
And you are prey to nihilism.
You are not telling me anything that I don't already know.

My main point is..why on earth, would anyone choose to be born, when they do not have to, why choose to procreate, why choose life when we do not have to? the universe does not require humanity to be, nor does the earth require humanity to be, plants and trees, the birds and the bees do not require humanity to be, nor does anything at all require humanity to be.

I personally did not choose to be born...so all that means is that the idea that there is a choosing to be born is an illusion....and so to me, the illusion there is a chooser, when there clearly isn't.. is a just an irritating mental annoyance, and if choice was real, I'd would much rather have never been born at all, into this mentally created annoying illusion. That's all I'm saying.

Being a Nihilist, for me, is not a negative emotion, rather, to me, it's the opposite, it's just coming to terms with the reality of things...it is just coming to the ultimate realisation that there is no thing living life. And that it is as and through that unconditional acceptance that life is indeed known to be an illusion is how I am able to bare it...because I also know that there is absolutely nothing that I personally can do to change this annoying persistent illusion ... I am aware it's going to continue on and on and on and on until humans finally go extinct, where there will be no more conceptual knowing available as to know extinction has happened..so even if there was a human extinction, even that idea would never be known to have happened, because one would have had to have known the extinction happened.

Life does not make any sense whatsoever, and I'm perfectly ok with that, and that's also why it's annoying to me, because I have no choice but to accept I'm just an illusion I'd rather not be, but are whether I like it or not..

bobmax

Post by bobmax »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:22 am My main point is..why on earth, would anyone choose to be born, when they do not have to, why choose to procreate, why choose life when we do not have to? the universe does not require humanity to be, nor does the earth require humanity to be, plants and trees, the birds and the bees do not require humanity to be, nor does anything at all require humanity to be.

I personally did not choose to be born...so all that means is that the idea that there is a choosing to be born is an illusion....and so to me, the illusion there is a chooser, when there clearly isn't.. is a just an irritating mental annoyance, and if choice was real, I'd would much rather have never been born at all, into this mentally created annoying illusion. That's all I'm saying.

Being a Nihilist, for me, is not a negative emotion, rather, to me, it's the opposite, it's just coming to terms with the reality of things...it is just coming to the ultimate realisation that there is no thing living life. And that it is as and through that unconditional acceptance that life is indeed known to be an illusion is how I am able to bare it...because I also know that there is absolutely nothing that I personally can do to change this annoying persistent illusion ... I am aware it's going to continue on and on and on and on until humans finally go extinct, where there will be no more conceptual knowing available as to know extinction has happened..so even if there was a human extinction, even that idea would never be known to have happened, because one would have had to have known the extinction happened.

Life does not make any sense whatsoever, and I'm perfectly ok with that, and that's also why it's annoying to me, because I have no choice but to accept I'm just an illusion I'd rather not be, but are whether I like it or not..
In my opinion, you have built a high and impassable wall.

However, you do not realize that this wall of yours is founded on sand.
At any moment it can fall on itself.

You have come to the null value of existence.
But you have not yet faced the Absolute Nothing.

Because the nihilistic nothingness of values ​​has rational "truth" as its presupposition.
Which for you is Truth.

But what is certainly true for you suffers from irremediable contradictions.
Contradictions that you don't want to see, because they would rock your wall.

Try to reread what you wrote and you will notice how many contradictions there are.