Purpose?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

jayjacobus

Re: Purpose?

Post by jayjacobus »

DPMartin wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 4:24 pm If something serves no purpose then its not valued, or valuable. If a person serves no purpose, then is that person of no value? Are we locked into the need to be valued? what if a person had no need to be valued, would that person be free to be at peace with himself and the world around him, even though the world around him may not be at peace with him?
Does life have a Purpose?

I don't know what that is.

But a person has many purposes and serves his own purposes.

If the world around me is not at peace with me, I cannot ignore the world and find peace as if the world didn't exist.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

jayjacobus wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:10 pm
DPMartin wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 4:24 pm If something serves no purpose then its not valued, or valuable. If a person serves no purpose, then is that person of no value? Are we locked into the need to be valued? what if a person had no need to be valued, would that person be free to be at peace with himself and the world around him, even though the world around him may not be at peace with him?

If the world around me is not at peace with me, I cannot ignore the world and find peace as if the world didn't exist.
life is to live but there are many things that serve life, such as your body has the purpose of providing you a place to be in the earth, but life doesn't seem to serve the purpose of those who are alive seeing that life is being alive. therefore life isn't required to have purpose to be alive.
Annette Campbell

Post by Annette Campbell »

If we talk about what is the purpose? So in simple words purpose is a thing that is required to do anything. You can’t do anything if you don’t have a purpose to do. In the whole world, there is not a single thing that is happening without purpose. From The earth revolving around the sun to the Ant walking along the road everything thing is happening for a specific purpose.
trokanmariel

Post by trokanmariel »

The purpose:

God's story, of cheekiness from only after the perfect weakness has preceded God (a desire to formulate the story, only after Cheryl Cole and Amy Childs' nationalism as their visual's celebrity from metaphysics apparatus has been authenticated by the real Cheryl Cole and Amy Childs), is not a rival, to the singularity theory (this being that all the identities, the matters, the ideas, the stories, the histories and the physics of the universe being temporary, derives from the permission by the technology page to the universe, to have all of its varieties be temporary so that the user of said technology page doesn't have to look up - in just writing this, the deceased actor Kevin Kilner has reiterated to me, that he has been since 2011 a demon of torment, because Mason Dertry is a destroyer of soul matter**) being usurped by the Noomi Rapace retort, to Mason Dertry and Peek-A-Boo:

The anti-glamour, of existence, is waiting for body glamour to move toward it.

**The confirmation, of Kilner's truth, is that during today's morning, my control of Bandit involved me being about to say "This Way" to him, and due the process of about to say this, Mason Dertry implanted the words as visible text in my mind; the specific science, of this history, is that it showed up as a possession before the awareness

Post by Age »

DPMartin wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 4:24 pm If something serves no purpose then its not valued, or valuable. If a person serves no purpose, then is that person of no value?
That is a huge IF. BUT, considering the Fact that EVERY person serves A 'purpose', then the rest of your question here is just moot.
DPMartin wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 4:24 pm Are we locked into the need to be valued?
Do you feel a NEED to be valued?

If no, then NO we are NOT locked in a NEED to feel valued.

But, if you do feel a NEED to be valued, then WHY?
DPMartin wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 4:24 pm what if a person had no need to be valued, would that person be free to be at peace with himself and the world around him, even though the world around him may not be at peace with him?
Are you YET at peace with EVERY thing?

If no, then WHY NOT?
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

DPMartin wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:25 pm

life is to live but there are many things that serve life, such as your body has the purpose of providing you a place to be in the earth, but life doesn't seem to serve the purpose of those who are alive seeing that life is being alive. therefore life isn't required to have purpose to be alive.
The source of life has a purpose for life. But living doesn't reveal what that purpose is.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

jayjacobus wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:32 pm

The source of life has a purpose for life. But living doesn't reveal what that purpose is.
in the case you speak of
if you're living the life the source of life has given you, then how is it you wouldn't know the purpose of the life you're living. isn't the life you would be living the revelation thereof?
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

DPMartin wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:21 pm

in the case you speak of
if you're living the life the source of life has given you, then how is it you wouldn't know the purpose of the life you're living. isn't the life you would be living the revelation thereof?
Life doesn't reveal its purpose anymore than UFO's reveal their purpose.

If you think otherwise tell me the purposes of life and UFO's.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

jayjacobus wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:18 pm

in the case you speak of
Life doesn't reveal its purpose anymore than ghosts reveal their purpose.

If you think otherwise tell me the purposes of life and ghosts.
why? you get a lot of interaction with ghosts, do you?
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

DPMartin wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:21 pm
in the case you speak of

You're being evasive.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

jayjacobus wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:14 pm

You're being evasive.
ghosts have nothing to do with the OP
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Purpose is to have a desire to affect a certain change in the outer world, in other words, the purpose is intention. Purpose could be to affect change in one's behaviour towards the outer world.
jayjacobus

Post by jayjacobus »

DPMartin wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:28 pm
jayjacobus wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:14 pm

You're being evasive.
ghosts have nothing to do with the OP
Neither does evasive.