Diversity

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RWStanding

Diversity

Post by RWStanding »

Diversity
Human diversity in our world arose through the spread of people into widely separate regions and continents. Thereafter adapting physically to the local climate and environment. Cultivating cultural, philosophical, economic and other differences. Many of these adaptations may have been perfectly congenial and not conflicting where cultures met.
Today, the world has been shrunk by rapid means of travel and communication.
If our world becomes more authoritarian, as in the China-Russian axis, modern technology will impose greater conformity.
Should western individualism remain widespread it will reverse the ancient diversification and minority races and cultures will disappear as is happening in the natural world.
Should the third class of society predominate, altruist democracy, it will only protect diversity by protecting regional autonomy.
simplicity

Re: Diversity

Post by simplicity »

RWStanding wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:27 amShould the third class of society predominate, altruist democracy, it will only protect diversity by protecting regional autonomy.
There is a small percentage of folks who are ALWAYS trying to tell other people what to do, how to think, etc. Make an effort to remove the vast majority of the corruption that has decimated this culture and that's the best you can do.

The vast majority of people just want to be left alone to live their lives. And they could give a rat's ass whether you want to be a woman, a man, or a tree. They care not whether you are black, white, red, yellow, green or purple. People need to live their lives in private and leave everybody else alone to do the same.

Altruist democracy? I ran into one of those communes right up the road from the pure communists and around the corner from an enclave of seriously aging hippies.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

simplicity wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:30 pm
RWStanding wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:27 amShould the third class of society predominate, altruist democracy, it will only protect diversity by protecting regional autonomy.
There is a small percentage of folks who are ALWAYS trying to tell other people what to do, how to think, etc. Make an effort to remove the vast majority of the corruption that has decimated this culture and that's the best you can do.

The vast majority of people just want to be left alone to live their lives. And they could give a rat's ass whether you want to be a woman, a man, or a tree. They care not whether you are black, white, red, yellow, green or purple. People need to live their lives in private and leave everybody else alone to do the same.

Altruist democracy? I ran into one of those communes right up the road from the pure communists and around the corner from an enclave of seriously aging hippies.
With the exception of the first sentence, you are exactly right,

The first sentence should read, "Most folks are ALWAYS trying to tell other people what to do, how to think, and how to live their lives." And if other people resist, they'll get the government to make them do it.
Last edited by RCSaunders on Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

RWStanding wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:27 am Diversity
Human diversity in our world arose through the spread of people into widely separate regions and continents. Thereafter adapting physically to the local climate and environment. Cultivating cultural, philosophical, economic and other differences. Many of these adaptations may have been perfectly congenial and not conflicting where cultures met.
Today, the world has been shrunk by rapid means of travel and communication.
If our world becomes more authoritarian, as in the China-Russian axis, modern technology will impose greater conformity.
Should western individualism remain widespread it will reverse the ancient diversification and minority races and cultures will disappear as is happening in the natural world.
Should the third class of society predominate, altruist democracy, it will only protect diversity by protecting regional autonomy.
I do not think you have characterised the world correctly.
Russia has always been far more ethnically diverse than the West, and have done much better at accommodating different groups of people from the European west the the vast reaches of Kamchatka.
Compare if you will the genocides committed against the original inhabitants of the America, and the resistance to the growing Hispanic ethnicity in the US. Look at the sad state of the Aboriginals of Australasia and the domination of whites and the prejudice meted out to the indigenes to this day.
Where is your "altruistic democracy"? It is in your fantasy realm.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Like any pom has room to criticise :lol:
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:54 pmCompare if you will the genocides committed against the original inhabitants of the America, and the resistance to the growing Hispanic ethnicity in the US. Look at the sad state of the Aboriginals of Australasia and the domination of whites and the prejudice meted out to the indigenes to this day.
I live in the LA area and have worked with a great number of Hispanics and can tell you are absolutely wrong. Most folks like Hispanics because they are really nice people. Who they are against [Hispanic Americans included] are people of all types who enter our country illegally. I would think this would be the case everywhere else in the world, as well.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:05 pmThe first sentence should read, "Most folks are ALWAYS trying to tell other people what to do, how to think, and how to live their lives." And if other people resist, they'll get the government to make them do it.
Most folks don't have a clue.
vegetariantaxidermy

simplicity wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:11 pm
Sculptor wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:54 pmCompare if you will the genocides committed against the original inhabitants of the America, and the resistance to the growing Hispanic ethnicity in the US. Look at the sad state of the Aboriginals of Australasia and the domination of whites and the prejudice meted out to the indigenes to this day.
I live in the LA area and have worked with a great number of Hispanics and can tell you are absolutely wrong. Most folks like Hispanics because they are really nice people. Who they are against [Hispanic Americans included] are people of all types who enter our country illegally. I would think this would be the case everywhere else in the world, as well.
So it's fine to lump them all together as 'nice people', but not fine to lump them all together and say they are 'not nice people'? Ok. And what about the 'Hispanic' gangs? Are tney 'nice'? A lot of Colombians have been coming here recently, and they don't seem especially 'nice'. Are they 'Hispanic'? What about the drug dealers? Are they 'nice people'?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Living in America is like being blind living in the same room as a massive elephant. each of you only feel one part.
But in reality the US elephant is a racist elephant. Possibly the worst racism anywhere in the world can be found there.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

simplicity wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:16 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:05 pmThe first sentence should read, "Most folks are ALWAYS trying to tell other people what to do, how to think, and how to live their lives." And if other people resist, they'll get the government to make them do it.
But they vote. How's that for scary.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Sculptor wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:57 pm
Living in America is like being blind living in the same room as a massive elephant. each of you only feel one part.
But in reality the US elephant is a racist elephant. Possibly the worst racism anywhere in the world can be found there.
Good metaphor...really poor application.

You need to turn off CNN. I would bet there is less racism in the U.S. then there is anywhere else in the world. If that wasn't the case, why do so many people still want to come here? What other country would you do better being a person of color? What kind of research have you done or personal experience do you have with racism in America?
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:38 pm
So it's fine to lump them all together as 'nice people', but not fine to lump them all together and say they are 'not nice people'? Ok. And what about the 'Hispanic' gangs? Are tney 'nice'? A lot of Colombians have been coming here recently, and they don't seem especially 'nice'. Are they 'Hispanic'? What about the drug dealers? Are they 'nice people'?
Come on, that's a ridiculous reply. Most Hispanics I have met over the years have been really nice [just like every other group of people I've met]. People are people...most are really nice, some not so much.

As the saying goes, "Want to meet an asshole, be an asshole!
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:54 pm
simplicity wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:16 pm
But they vote. How's that for scary.
It's not scary at all. Most people know essentially what's good for them and their family and can pick the lesser evil. It's the highly educated folks I worry about. Look at the garbage the Ivy League has been dumping on the world over the past fifty years. Corruption...corruption...and more corruption [not even to mention all the woke idiocy]. You could stuff all the ethical Harvard grads [over that period] in a small phone booth.
vegetariantaxidermy

simplicity wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:15 pm
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:38 pm
Come on, that's a ridiculous reply. Most Hispanics I have met over the years have been really nice [just like every other group of people I've met]. People are people...most are really nice, some not so much.

As the saying goes, "Want to meet an asshole, be an asshole!
That's a ridiculous reply. You must know that what you said was stupid. Actually, 'most people' aren't nice at all. If people were 'mostly nice' then there wouldn't be wars. Or crime. Or rape. Or child abuse. Heck, most people can't even get along all that well with their neighbours :lol:
But that's not the point. You made a sweeping generalisation about a particular group of people, and according to wokies, there is no such thing (until it suits them).
vegetariantaxidermy

wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:57 pm
That's hilarious, or is this another example of patronising wokedom at play? In the woke universe only 'white' people can be 'racist', because all the other 'inferior' beings don't know any better therefore we need to 'embrace' their 'diverse cultures' :lol:
Take a look at a picture of a city in Japan. Do you see any 'diversity' there? Or 'multiculturalism'? Any muslims? Of course you don't. They don't let them in because they don't want to dilute their own culture. Indians are so racist that they are even racist against other Indians who have darker skin. Only ethnically Chinese people can be Chinese citizens. Ever heard a causcasion say they are 'Chinese'? Every Australian I've come across seems to have utter contempt for aborigines (those humans who have only been there for 100 thousand years). There were aboriginal hunts (hunting of aboriginal people by feral Aussies) into the 1970s ffs.
Ethnic minorities are persecuted all over the world, and less so in 'Western' countries than pretty much anywhere else. How ironic :roll: