Diversity

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: Diversity

Post by Sculptor »

It's a bit like your information is stuck in 1979.
simplicity wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:35 pm
Sculptor wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:25 pm What has left wing got to do with it?? That is laughable.
Where do you think people learn about the US.
Are you so stupid?
That's the Sculptor we all know and [tolerate].

The left is doing what all cultural revolutionists attempt to do...re-write history [see Mao]. The 1619 Project in the U.S. is a perfect example.
Straight out of Trumps playbook. Empty headed and empty of evidence.
WhoTF are "the left"?
What has any of this got to do with the thread?
Sculptor wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:25 pmYou are totally clueless. It s really hard to get a green card. Most people come from the South through Mexico which is at the mercy of the economy of the US. The US has bought off the governments of S America and any who try to to assert economic independence have to suffer with economic sanctions, or coups by the CIA.
You are pathetically ignorant of the activities of your own country. The US is great at imposing right wing dictatorships and funding media campaigns against left leaning parties by interfering in elections.
You are so naive, it is untrue.
There is a lot of truth to what you say but that's just part of the story. The other part is that the U.S. is attempting to deal with the demographic reality which is having [going to have] a profound effect on many countries moving forward [Europe, Japan, and China, in particular].
That is so arrogant.
Other countries can and do progress by themselves, And you are missing the main thing. Other countries in the world are working to increase the wealth of the USA . Because of what I said above.

Since natives in many countries are no longer reproducing themselves at replacement levels, this is not so wonderful for their economies and is the largest factor affecting immigration globally.
Please cite. Which are these countries or are you just bullshitting as usual?

The U.S. has severely turned left over the past fifty years. First in Academia, then in the MSM and culture, and finally on the political front with the election of all the globalists [Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, and now Biden (who is barely a puppet)]. This has already begun to change as the global system breaks down and the U.S. turns inward. Everybody in this country has had it with these morons!
No the elites want you to think that, but take a look. You have less employment protection; less chance of joining a union; less chance of having a formal work contract; less availability of social housing; more chance of having a zero hours contract; lower paid; more inequality; more expensive health care; more poverty; less access to education; lower literacy rates.. I could go on. In fact all the things that the left has been working to provide has been taken away since Reagan.
And all the time that the establishment have taken away your rights that ordinary people have fought for over the last 150 years, they do it by convincing you of the reds under the bed.
You are a joke.
Europe is in for some tough sledding because you're going to be on your own during the coming retrenchment. Whether this transition period is marked by major war or not [probably will be], the U.S. [Western hemisphere, anyway] is going to be the place to be. Be it the least dirty shirt in the laundry, we can still recover quickly due to all the things that make us what we are [geography, arable land, most energy resources, two oceans and two friendly countries bordering, highest levels of research and technology, best schools, on and on and on...
All the indicators show the US in decline, with places like Brazil, China, many African countries, India on the rise. And as the old colonial countries get wise and turn away from the exploitation of the US, and UK and choosing China in for a more inclusive partnership, the US is finding its money leaving paid work in the US, with more unemployment, and more homelessness in the cities.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:43 am All the indicators show the US in decline, with places like Brazil, China, many African countries, India on the rise.
Actually the US is becoming more like Brazil, China, many African countries, and India, more politically oppressive, superstitious, and class prejudiced all the time. When the globalist dream utopia is finally realized, I hope you enjoy your Shudra status, because you will definitely not be a Brahmin or Kshatriya.

What to do? What to do?
Let's all do, like the Hindu do.

'Cause that will fix everything.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

RCSaunders wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:27 am I know why people embrace governments. Most do, just as you have. I never expect others to have my view of government.
I am always amused by folks who believe that they are so very different from the herd. You really believe your view of government is THAT different than any other thinking person?

Over the years I have had many patients tell me how much they appreciate my "alternative" approach to practicing medicine [which is essentially telling the truth]. After a while I began to tell these nice patients that 99% of what I do is completely out of my control. This is pretty much the way it is in modern life [if you deal with the public]. Believing that you are somehow special and can operate outside of the boundaries proscribed by society is as ignorant as it is arrogant.

You do the best you can with what you have to work with and hope your efforts help as many people as possible [assuming that you have gotten your own act together].
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

simplicity wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:53 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:27 am I know why people embrace governments. Most do, just as you have. I never expect others to have my view of government.
I am always amused by folks who believe that they are so very different from the herd. You really believe your view of government is THAT different than any other thinking person?

Over the years I have had many patients tell me how much they appreciate my "alternative" approach to practicing medicine [which is essentially telling the truth]. After a while I began to tell these nice patients that 99% of what I do is completely out of my control. This is pretty much the way it is in modern life [if you deal with the public]. Believing that you are somehow special and can operate outside of the boundaries proscribed by society is as ignorant as it is arrogant.

You do the best you can with what you have to work with and hope your efforts help as many people as possible [assuming that you have gotten your own act together].
So a 'doctor' ( or a practitioner of homeopathic 'medicine'?) who doesn't even know that 'than' is not a word that should ever come after the word 'different'. That's just basic grammar. 'From' is the word that follows 'different'. Americans are such butchers of language.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:25 pmYou are totally clueless. It s really hard to get a green card. Most people come from the South through Mexico which is at the mercy of the economy of the US. The US has bought off the governments of S America and any who try to to assert economic independence have to suffer with economic sanctions, or coups by the CIA.
You are pathetically ignorant of the activities of your own country. The US is great at imposing right wing dictatorships and funding media campaigns against left leaning parties by interfering in elections.
You are so naive, it is untrue.
You can only follow one narrative which you use to explain EVERYTHING. The world is a bit more complicated than your one answer.

Since natives in many countries are no longer reproducing themselves at replacement levels, this is not so wonderful for their economies and is the largest factor affecting immigration globally.
Sculptor wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:25 pmPlease cite. Which are these countries or are you just bullshitting as usual?
Just curious, but what would be the point of bullshitting you?

Go on youtube and look-up "countries de-populating." Are you telling me that you are not aware of this?

The U.S. has severely turned left over the past fifty years. First in Academia, then in the MSM and culture, and finally on the political front with the election of all the globalists [Bush, Clinton, Bush, Obama, and now Biden (who is barely a puppet)]. This has already begun to change as the global system breaks down and the U.S. turns inward. Everybody in this country has had it with these morons!
Sculptor wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:25 pm All the indicators show the US in decline, with places like Brazil, China, many African countries, India on the rise. And as the old colonial countries get wise and turn away from the exploitation of the US, and UK and choosing China in for a more inclusive partnership, the US is finding its money leaving paid work in the US, with more unemployment, and more homelessness in the cities.
China is a basket-case. Why do you think they have gone into maximum authoritarian mode. You need to add to your narrative once in a while. The U.S. had nowhere to go but down after the post-war years. And the globalists certainly hastened the decline, but look at the fundamentals and you tell me who is in a better position to dominate over the next several decades. Like I say, China is a joke. Need a cheap flat? I hear that China has tens of millions just waiting for a savvy investor like yourself.
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"'... 'than' is not a word that should ever come after the word 'different'. That's just basic grammar."

that's not entirely accurate.
You'll need to use 'different than', however, when you want to follow the expression not with a noun but with a clause. The word than then serves as a conjunction that gets the clause going. Thus, you would say: This experience was different than he thought it would be.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:13 am

So a 'doctor' ( or a practitioner of homeopathic 'medicine'?) who doesn't even know that 'than' is not a word that should ever come after the word 'different'. That's just basic grammar. 'From' is the word that follow 'different'. American are such butchers of language.
Since it doesn't appear as if to have much to offer intellectually, perhaps the forum can make you grammar constable so you can scour each post insuring that nothing different than what you would consider the proper use of English is in evidence.
vegetariantaxidermy

simplicity wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:34 am

So a 'doctor' ( or a practitioner of homeopathic 'medicine'?) who doesn't even know that 'than' is not a word that should ever come after the word 'different'. That's just basic grammar. 'From' is the word that follow 'different'. American are such butchers of language.
Since it doesn't appear as if to have much to offer intellectually, perhaps the forum can make you grammar constable so you can scour each post insuring that nothing different than what you would consider the proper use of English is in evidence.
Illiterate fuck.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Some people are easily amused.

I have not the slightest interest in what others believe or whether it's the same or different from what I believe. Most of the people who have any idea of what I believe tell me I'm wrong. I take their word for it. You think I'm wrong. Who else can you name who has views similar to mine? (I know some personally, but I doubt you do.)
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

promethean75 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:32 am "'... 'than' is not a word that should ever come after the word 'different'. That's just basic grammar."

You'll need to use 'different than', however, when you want to follow the expression not with a noun but with a clause. The word than then serves as a conjunction that gets the clause going. Thus, you would say: This experience was different than he thought it would be.
That's correct, at least according to most editors I know. If you live in the UK, "different to," is also acceptable and common based on the idea if something can be similar to something, it can also be different to something. Still seems awkward to American editors, who will change the "to," to, "from."
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

RCSaunders wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:35 am I have not the slightest interest in what others believe or whether it's the same or different from what I believe. Most of the people who have any idea of what I believe tell me I'm wrong. I take their word for it. You think I'm wrong. Who else can you name who has views similar to mine? (I know some personally, but I doubt you do.)
If you had no interest in what other people thought, why are you here? Slow day at the office?

Don't think that you're special because I believe you are wrong...EVERYBODY is wrong! I am sure we would feel as if we have a great deal in common but so what? I am here to chat with people who think a bit differently, but to tell you the truth, after thirty some odd years of doing this sort of thing on the internet, I would say I've run into just a handful of folks who have anything approaching an original thought. You seem like you have something to say but you are frequently allowing right and wrong to get the way.

Unfortunately, most people actually think they are "right" despite living long enough to see ever idea they have ever spawned prove absurd. What happened to just enjoying the free exchange of ideas? When did it start that everybody has to prove they are right? I've even got the grammar constable wanting to write me a ticket for improper language!
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:25 am

Illiterate fuck.
I am not certain the Queen would approve of using such a word. Illiteracy is another matter altogether.
vegetariantaxidermy

simplicity wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:36 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:25 am
Illiterate fuck.
I am not certain the Queen would approve of using such a word. Illiteracy is another matter altogether.
Who cares what the queen thinks? You are only showing yourself to be an ignoramus who thinks that anything is good enough as along as it vaguely resembles English.
vegetariantaxidermy

RCSaunders wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:49 am
promethean75 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:32 am "'... 'than' is not a word that should ever come after the word 'different'. That's just basic grammar."

That's correct, at least according to most editors I know. If you live in the UK, "different to," is also acceptable and common based on the idea if something can be similar to something, it can also be different to something. Still seems awkward to American editors, who will change the "to," to, "from."
Similar 'to', different 'from'. Exquisitely logical.
vegetariantaxidermy

RCSaunders wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:49 am

Who cares what some people use? Does that make it correct? A lot of poms say 'different to'. Who cares? Does that make it right?