what is correct?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

DPMartin

what is correct?

Post by DPMartin »

How do you know what is correct, what is the correct action to take, what to place one’s belief and trust in?
trokanmariel

Re: what is correct?

Post by trokanmariel »

DPMartin wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:31 pm How do you know what is correct, what is the correct action to take, what to place one’s belief and trust in?

Compartmentalisation is the correct, as any living system has different psychologies to adopt. The question then becomes, what is the data of the compartmentalisation?

Compartmentalisation is breakthrough, therefore the universe is in suspension, as a state of revelation.
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

FIrstly; I don't know.
Secondly; What I do is use my experience; of nature, of people, of events; to make a best guess.
Thirdly: I listen and watch and refine my guesses in the light of other people's ideas and opinions.
trokanmariel

Post by trokanmariel »

mickthinks wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:21 pm FIrstly; I don't know.
Secondly; What I do is use my experience; of nature, of people, of events; to make a best guess.
Thirdly: I listen and watch and refine my guesses in the light of other people's ideas and opinions.

I found your response to be a professional one. Compartmentalisation.

Would you agree?
mickthinks

Post by mickthinks »

I think you are some kind of bot, trokanmariel. That rules out meaningful exchange between us.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

DPMartin wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:31 pm How do you know what is correct, what is the correct action to take, what to place one’s belief and trust in?
I don't think it necessary to place one's belief or trust in anything to keep the normal routine of life going. There isn't anything in it which justifies doing so. Life is mostly a measure of granting credence to some things more than others without assuming they are correct beyond appearance. It's safer to be a skeptic, or at least knowing what seems correct today may not be so tomorrow. How many times has that happened!
Angelo Cannata

Post by Angelo Cannata »

A methodolgy for being correct exists. It consists of

1) examining the history that we can examine, according to our possibilities and resources; by "history" I mean any level of history: world history, your personal history, what happened ages ago, what happened yesterday;
2) making our personal resume, our synthesis of what we gathered from point 1.
3) making our decisions for the present, while keeping open to correct and change them.

As you can see, this methodology considers our subjectivity. It is both what already happens in the world, at any level, and, by trying to be aware of it, trying to add our active contribution, provided the some kind of freedom exists, which is not granted: we don't know if freedom exists and how we should understand it.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

mickthinks wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:21 pm FIrstly; I don't know.
guessing you way through life? are you saying you have no expectations? if one is in a school and does well don't you have an expectation? and therefore have placed belief and trust in certain things that in the expectation of a certain fulfillment. you need what is correct to achieve the fulfillment of what is expected, placing belief and trust in such.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

Dubious wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 11:37 pm
I don't think it necessary to place one's belief or trust in anything to keep the normal routine of life going. There isn't anything in it which justifies doing so. Life is mostly a measure of granting credence to some things more than others without assuming they are correct beyond appearance. It's safer to be a skeptic, or at least knowing what seems correct today may not be so tomorrow. How many times has that happened!
actually never. everything returns to its origin, circumstances and situations change but its still the same earth moon and sun. everything under the sun is still the same. what one thinks or believes about it may change but it doesn't change.

as far a necessity of belief or trust, if you drive a car you trust the brakes will stop you in time. or if you ride a bus you trust you will get to your destination without being harmed in an accident, or you wouldn't get on the bus.

just about any expectation requires belief and or trust to be an expectation.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

trokanmariel wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:43 pm

Compartmentalisation is the correct, as any living system has different psychologies to adopt. The question then becomes, what is the data of the compartmentalisation?

Compartmentalisation is breakthrough, therefore the universe is in suspension, as a state of revelation.
ok then, what's the correct Compartmentalization or way of accomplishing that?
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

Angelo Cannata wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 6:55 am A methodolgy for being correct exists. It consists of

1) examining the history that we can examine, according to our possibilities and resources; by "history" I mean any level of history: world history, your personal history, what happened ages ago, what happened yesterday;
2) making our personal resume, our synthesis of what we gathered from point 1.
3) making our decisions for the present, while keeping open to correct and change them.

As you can see, this methodology considers our subjectivity. It is both what already happens in the world, at any level, and, by trying to be aware of it, trying to add our active contribution, provided the some kind of freedom exists, which is not granted: we don't know if freedom exists and how we should understand it.
it seems what is correct, and being correct might be two different things. one can be made aware of what is correct, yet not be correct by believing and or trusting something not correct. what is correct for a an expected fulfillment is what needs to be trusted to experience that fulfillment, correct?
trokanmariel

Post by trokanmariel »

DPMartin wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:36 pm

The gist, of the idea, that I have in my head, regarding the unfolding of the correct compartmentalisation, is that people's collective unravelling of truth is the inability to describe the collective not being a self-aware part of the unravelling.

If the collective isn't self-aware, that does harmony to the notion of the compartmentalisation's framework, because individual parts become pointless in light of self-awareness being the whole.

In practice, what does this mean?
Presumably, there needs to be a truth-signal, of the non-self-awareness using the whole; but, what on earth could be the truth-signal?
Angelo Cannata

Post by Angelo Cannata »

DPMartin wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:00 pm it seems what is correct, and being correct might be two different things. one can be made aware of what is correct, yet not be correct by believing and or trusting something not correct. what is correct for a an expected fulfillment is what needs to be trusted to experience that fulfillment, correct?
“What is correct” does not exist: any idea about correctness is human, subjective, is our creation. We establish what is correct and what is not. If you believe or trust “something not correct”, it means that “something” is not correct to other people, or to you on a second thought. If we exclude other people’s opinion and your second thoughts, there is no way to make a difference between what you do and what is correct: in that case they coincide: whatever you do is correct.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

Angelo Cannata wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:13 pm
DPMartin wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:00 pm it seems what is correct, and being correct might be two different things. one can be made aware of what is correct, yet not be correct by believing and or trusting something not correct. what is correct for a an expected fulfillment is what needs to be trusted to experience that fulfillment, correct?
“What is correct” does not exist: any idea about correctness is human, subjective, is our creation. We establish what is correct and what is not. If you believe or trust “something not correct”, it means that “something” is not correct to other people, or to you on a second thought. If we exclude other people’s opinion and your second thoughts, there is no way to make a difference between what you do and what is correct: in that case they coincide: whatever you do is correct.
na, na na na

there is a correct mix and amount of concrete used on highway pavement to withstand the expected load. there is a correct method of placing the concrete and a correct amount of steel rebar in the correct placement in the concrete slab.

there is a correct measurement to accomplish a expected result or fulfillment.

and that is only one of billions of examples of the necessity of and for correct in every day life. also one believes and trusts that the information or design is correct and that it was done correctly according to the correct design or you will not drive over that bridge deck.
DPMartin

Post by DPMartin »

trokanmariel wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:08 pm
DPMartin wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:36 pm

The gist, of the idea, that I have in my head, regarding the unfolding of the correct compartmentalisation, is that people's collective unravelling of truth is the inability to describe the collective not being a self-aware part of the unravelling.

If the collective isn't self-aware, that does harmony to the notion of the compartmentalisation's framework, because individual parts become pointless in light of self-awareness being the whole.

In practice, what does this mean?
Presumably, there needs to be a truth-signal, of the non-self-awareness using the whole; but, what on earth could be the truth-signal?
sorry but it doesn't sound like anything one should practice. even if you want to compartmentalize you have to have the correct in formation to do so. but on the same token once all is compartmentalized then you live with your preconceived notions, hence seeing only what you believe which is your compartmentalization of things and not necessarily the truth of what is actually there or happening.