For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Sculptor

Re: Relational Truths Mean Nothing

Post by Sculptor »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:16 am
Sculptor wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:35 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:42 pm

It means reality is without definition at its core; self-negation points to no-thingness thus the thread is meaningful.
Thank you for losing the plot.
PLONK!
I will break it down for you further from another angle:

The totality of being is indefinite as it has no contrast, as indefinite it is no-thing, as no-thing every point is the center-point (as there is no boundary) thus all is meaningful.
Don't forget to wave as you disappear up your own belly button!
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

Eod,

You have attributed your statement to me in your last post to me. I don't know how that happens. I have done it myself so just saying.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:54 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:13 am
Sculptor wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:47 am This thread is the sad ramblings of a child who has reached adulthood and only now just realised with dismay the metaphorical nature of language and is now scared that he can't be so sure of himself or what others say to him anymore.

Well boo hoo. Most of us figure that out when we discover the difference between I and eye, when we are three years old
So stop BAWLING and start BALLING.

We all know what you; "NO!"

But of course none of this makes any sense to you because its all just relational.
DUH
There you go wining again because someone doesn't agree with your perspective of reality.
:lol: Wonderful projection. I love wining, especially wining and dining, with a nice Rioja. But I think you mean whining, which is what the entire thread is. You whining and projecting that onto others.
There you go whining about "wining", if "wining" can be interpreted as "whining" then your grammar Nazism is futile; meaning is use.

Stating relational truths mean nothing, as they are self-negating, is far from a complaint as "no-thingness" is an absence of negativity.
Last edited by Eodnhoj7 on Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:56 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:16 am
Sculptor wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:35 am

Thank you for losing the plot.
PLONK!
I will break it down for you further from another angle:

The totality of being is indefinite as it has no contrast, as indefinite it is no-thing, as no-thing every point is the center-point (as there is no boundary) thus all is meaningful.
Don't forget to wave as you disappear up your own belly button!
Tell me what these "things" are that relational truths point to if you disagree so much with the thread premise.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:55 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:14 am
Sculptor wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:34 am

Weak minded response.
There you go participating again. If this thread is "stupid", according to your stance, then you are "stupid" for being involved with it.
Not as stupid as you though.
At least you give me a laugh every few days! :lol:
I am glad you are able to laugh at yourself considering you admit to being part of what you claim as "stupid", humor is important in life.

Now on to a further question, which I will repeat:

"What are these "things" which relational truths point to?"
Last edited by Eodnhoj7 on Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

popeye1945 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:38 pm Eod,

You have attributed your statement to me in your last post to me. I don't know how that happens. I have done it myself so just saying.
Yeah I don't know what is going on either, best just to copy and paste my points down and respond to each one individually, on whether you agree or disagree to them, I will respond later.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:57 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:13 am

There you go wining again because someone doesn't agree with your perspective of reality.
:lol: Wonderful projection. I love wining, especially wining and dining, with a nice Rioja. But I think you mean whining, which is what the entire thread is. You whining and projecting that onto others.
There you go whining about "wining", if "wining" can be interpreted as "whining" then your grammar Nazism is futile; meaning is use.
You are realting "grammerism" to "Nazisim". Is this meaningless?

Stating relational truths mean nothing, as they are self-negating, is far from a complaint as "no-thingness" is an absence of negativity. {NB. Oh look a relational truth}
If stating relational truths mean nothing, then why do you keep on doing it?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 12:01 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:14 am

There you go participating again. If this thread is "stupid", according to your stance, then you are "stupid" for being involved with it.
I am glad you are able to laugh at yourself considering you admit to being part of what you claim as "stupid", humor is important in life.

:D :D :lol: :lol:
The gift of humour that keeps giving
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:58 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:57 pm
You are realting "grammerism" to "Nazisim". Is this meaningless?

Stating relational truths mean nothing, as they are self-negating, is far from a complaint as "no-thingness" is an absence of negativity. {NB. Oh look a relational truth}
If stating relational truths mean nothing, then why do you keep on doing it?
1. It is "relating" not "realting", considering you are obsessed with spelling. The relationship of "grammerism and nazism" need further contrast as they in themselves mean nothing on their own terms. In themselves they are empty. Meaning necessitates continuity but this continuity leads to a further paradox if infinite. This is considering infinite meaning is indefinite meaning. However if meaning is finite then meaning eventually passes and self negates.

1a. In talking about relational truths, with this being a relational truth, I am pointing to no-thingness. This statement as well as the prior self-negate.

2. You are not listening, if a relational truth means nothing then a relational truth points to reality as an absence of thingness. Reality cannot be reduced to a thing.
Last edited by Eodnhoj7 on Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:59 am

or better yet "what is a thing?"
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:44 pm

If you don't know that then you have no argument at all.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

A thing is a cognitive experience.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

popeye1945 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:18 pm A thing is a cognitive experience.
A "cognitive experience," is certainly not nothing, but an experience is not an entity, it is an event. "Thing," usually refers to an entity, something that can be perceived. Perception, (seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting), is also an event, but it's not cognition and provides no knowledge. Animals perceive things, only human beings take cognizance of them. Cognition (i.e. conception) is the mental identification of that which is perceived by mean of language, a mental event requiring both volition and reason. Cognizance is just another word for knowledge.

Not sure how that can be described as a thing. A thing is what it is whether I or anything else is conscious of it or knows anything about it or not.
popeye1945

Post by popeye1945 »

["A "cognitive experience," is certainly not nothing, but an experience is not an entity, it is an event. "Thing," usually refers to an entity, something that can be perceived. Perception, (seeing, hearing, feeling, smelling, and tasting), is also an event, but it's not cognition and provides no knowledge. Animals perceive things, only human beings take cognizance of them. Cognition (i.e. conception) is the mental identification of that which is perceived by mean of language, a mental event requiring both volition and reason. Cognizance is just another word for knowledge.
Not sure how that can be described as a thing. A thing is what it is whether I or anything else is conscious of it or knows anything about it or not.
[/quote]

RC,
Experience is knowledge is meaning. I would say probably that a thing is a compounded experience meaning having more than one element to it. To know something is to know it cognitively this is the only way to know something, thus a thing cannot be said to exist outside of cognitive knowing it. Science/physics states that ultimate reality is a place of no things, thus I would say, in the absence of a conscious subject there are no things. Things are cognitive experiences. This relates back to Schopenhauer's statement also that, " Subject and object stand or fall together." I say then that in the absence of a conscious subject there are no things just as in the absence of object there is no mind or conscious subject.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Sculptor wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:45 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:44 pm

If you don't know that then you have no argument at all.
You are avoiding answering the question. If "relational truths mean nothing" are false then "relational truths mean something". What is this "thing"?