What is the point of Higher Education?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Skepdick

Re: What is the point of Higher Education?

Post by Skepdick »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:49 am Well duh
Well duh! Do you have an actual idea or are you just paying lip service to the problem?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:14 am Two, conservatives and liberals view intelligence in different ways. Conservatives value common sense over the ability to win jeopardy, I mean over having a lot of book knowledge, now speaking in very broad terms. Liberals tend to view book knowledge and complicated language skills higher.
You're being too kind to the Left. They don't value things like reason, logic and science. They call them all "relics of the patriarchy" or "oppressive demands of whiteness." They claim to value "creativity," "experience," "perspective" and "voice" in place of these things.

Leftists do not value traditional knowledge. They don't believe in statistics, except in aid of their own agenda. They don't believe in averages, or in empirical facts, or in historical truths. The believe in other things in their place.

And astonishingly, the university has bought into this. No longer is the question, even in the sciences or medicine, "What do the facts / data reveal," but rather "Whose interests are served, and who gets power from this 'knowledge'?" They're all delerious followers of the deranged and morally bankrupt Michel Foucault in this.

The Left only retains (a now-undeserved) reputation for intellectualism because so many of them are in the universities, not because they're smarter...even at Jeopardy.

Look at how the Left today cannot even define the term "woman." How brain-dead and ideologically possessed does one have to be before that's the case? But it is not the conservative masses who now suffer from this dementia, but the self-preening "intellectual elite," like the latest Supreme Court nominee or the professors of "Gender Studies" (one of the many undisciplinary 'disciplines') they've now introduced to the university.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Skepdick wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:28 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:49 am Well duh
Well duh! Do you have an actual idea or are you just paying lip service to the problem?
You just stated the obvious. I might ask you the same point.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:28 pm
Iwannaplato wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:14 am Two, conservatives and liberals view intelligence in different ways. Conservatives value common sense over the ability to win jeopardy, I mean over having a lot of book knowledge, now speaking in very broad terms. Liberals tend to view book knowledge and complicated language skills higher.
You're being too kind to the Left. They don't value things like reason, logic and science. They call them all "relics of the patriarchy" or "oppressive demands of whiteness." They claim to value "creativity," "experience," "perspective" and "voice" in place of these things.
You make up your own fantastic categories, and then burn them down.
You are just a run time idiot.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:21 pm
Not at all. Go read their stuff. You'll find I'm telling you the absolute truth: they think science, reason, logic, mathematics, and all that are nothing but a white or patriarchial plot to hold down "oppressed" classes that cannot do them.

They get this dumb idea from Paolo Freire, actually. But they all channel it. Here: https://newdiscourses.com/2020/08/two-a ... make-four/
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:50 pm
Not at all. Go read their stuff. You'll find I'm telling you the absolute truth: they think science, reason, logic, mathematics, and all that are nothing but a white or patriarchial plot to hold down "oppressed" classes that cannot do them.

They get this dumb idea from Paolo Freire, actually. But they all channel it. Here: https://newdiscourses.com/2020/08/two-a ... make-four/
You fucking puppet.
If you were in the US, you' be a MAGA moron.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:33 pm

You ...
Nothing intelligent to say? Just ignoring the proof, are we?

Not surprising.

What are you doing on a philosophy site? You clearly don't have a clue what we do here.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:56 pm
Sculptor wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:33 pm

You ...
Nothing intelligent to say? Just ignoring the proof, are we?

Not surprising.

What are you doing on a philosophy site? You clearly don't have a clue what we do here.
Here's another couple of sites you might like, to find your "proof"..
https://www.4chan.org
https://www.adl.org/resources/backgrounders/qanon

:lol:
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:05 pm Here's another couple of sites...
Yes, yes...more posing, no substance.

It's what I expect from you.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Immanuel Can wrote:
But reason, logic, and science are consistent with creativity, experience, perspective, and voice.

Instead of trying to polarise ideas and feelings you should, as a follower of Jesus, not demonise scientists or artists.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Sculptor wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:55 pm You just stated the obvious. I might ask you the same point.
Well duh! I am stating that you are stating the obvious. It's obvious.

I am trying to understand why you are stating the obvious.

Do you have any ideas about the obvious; or are you just stating the obvious for the sake of stating it?

Simply said: Do you have an actual point?
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Skepdick wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:50 am
Sculptor wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:55 pm You just stated the obvious. I might ask you the same point.
Well duh! I am stating that you are stating the obvious. It's obvious.

I am trying to understand why you are stating the obvious.

Do you have any ideas about the obvious; or are you just stating the obvious for the sake of stating it?

Simply said: Do you have an actual point?
Yeah, its obvious that you need to get a life or a job or something
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:40 pm Yeah, its obvious that you need to get a life or a job or something
Me?!? You are the one who spends his time stating the obvious without even having a point!
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Skepdick wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:21 pm
Sculptor wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:40 pm Yeah, its obvious that you need to get a life or a job or something
Me?!? You are the one who spends his time stating the obvious without even having a point!
If you have nothing to say then STFU
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

Sculptor wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:40 pm If you have nothing to say then STFU
Yes! That's a fine principle.

Are you going to practice it any time soon?