Abortion --blah, blah blah

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RCSaunders

Re: Which is the "Real" Apple?

Post by RCSaunders »

Age wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:21 am
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:40 am
Walker wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:40 am Everyone knows abortion ends life.
So does excising a parasitic twin which is genetically identical to a human being.

There is nothing wrong with ending life.
So, I CAN KILL your grandchildren, child, partner, sibling, parent, or grandparents and, to you, there is NOTHING wrong with ending their lives, correct?
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:40 am Every time you slap a mosquito or step on a cockroach you end a life.
So what?

Every time you write words together you are making a comment. But, again, so what has this got to do with ANY thing here?

Just because you can and do end lives, this, in itself, does NOT mean that there is NOTHING wrong with ending life.
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:40 am The the purpose of life is not the perpetuation of protoplasm.
So, what IS 'the purpose of life'?
Life, itself, has no purpose. "Purpose," pertains only to human beings, because only human beings have chosen objectives and goals, and like, "values," "purposes," are relationships. A purpose only exists where there is an objective, end, or goal that has been chosen and the purpose of a thing or action is to further or achieve the objective or goal. Where there is no objective, nothing has a purpose. There is nothing teleological separate from human consciousness. Every individual human life has whatever purpose that individual chooses. There is no other purpose to life.

Post by Age »

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:21 pm
Age wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:21 am
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:40 am
So does excising a parasitic twin which is genetically identical to a human being.

There is nothing wrong with ending life.
So, I CAN KILL your grandchildren, child, partner, sibling, parent, or grandparents and, to you, there is NOTHING wrong with ending their lives, correct?
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:40 am Every time you slap a mosquito or step on a cockroach you end a life.
So what?

Every time you write words together you are making a comment. But, again, so what has this got to do with ANY thing here?

Just because you can and do end lives, this, in itself, does NOT mean that there is NOTHING wrong with ending life.
RCSaunders wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 2:40 am The the purpose of life is not the perpetuation of protoplasm.
So, what IS 'the purpose of life'?
Life, itself, has no purpose.
Is this an IRREFUTABLE Fact, forevermore? Or, is this just what you think or believe is true?
RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:21 pm "Purpose," pertains only to human beings, because only human beings have chosen objectives and goals, and like, "values," "purposes," are relationships.
And, is it an IRREFUTABLE Fact that 'life', itself, has NO 'purpose', or is just the Fact that 'you' have CHOSEN NO 'purpose' AT ALL for 'life', itself?
RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:21 pm A purpose only exists where there is an objective, end, or goal that has been chosen and the purpose of a thing or action is to further or achieve the objective or goal.
And, would I be correct in that 'you', "rcsaunders" have CHOSEN NO 'goal' at ALL for 'life', NOR even 'your life', itself?
RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:21 pm Where there is no objective, nothing has a purpose.
So, have you CHOSEN NO objective for 'your life', AT ALL?

Do 'you' just live your WHOLE life with absolutely NO 'meaning', NO 'objective', and NO 'purpose', AT ALL?
RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:21 pm There is nothing teleological separate from human consciousness.
And, you have CHOSEN there to be NO meaning AT ALL for you, life, and nor existence, correct?
RCSaunders wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:21 pm Every individual human life has whatever purpose that individual chooses. There is no other purpose to life.
Can you NOT SEE the CONTRADICTION here?

If EVERY human being CHOOSES whatever purpose they like, for life, then there are as many different purposes, to life, as there are have been different CHOICES made, in relation to this. Which, CONTRADICTS your CLAIM that there is NO other purpose to life. As, as soon another" DECIDES there is ANOTHER purpose, to life, there there ACTUALLY IS AN OTHER purpose, to life, than ALL of those OTHER purposes, to life, which you CLAIM EVERY individual human life has WHATEVER purpose, that they individual CHOOSE.

I CHOOSE the purpose to 'life', itself, is to live, be alive.

If, however, you CHOOSE that there is NO purpose AT ALL to 'life', itself, then does this MEAN that there is in Fact NO purpose AT ALL to 'life', itself, or, that that is just your CHOICE, alone?

Could it be POSSIBLE that there ACTUALLY IS purpose to 'life', itself, which you are just NOT YET AWARE OF? Or, is this just NOT POSSIBLE, in your OWN 'world' of 'things'?

I ALSO noticed you did NOT respond AT ALL to ANY of my CLARIFYING questions and CHALLENGES in regards to YOUR CLAIM that there is NOTHING wrong AT ALL in ending life.

The reasons for this are OBVIOUS.

Re: Abortion --blah, blah blah

Post by Age »

Was the title of this thread and the opening post of this thread CHANGED because the author of them was NOT able to back up and support their CLAIMS and/or because what was written was PROVED to be False, Wrong, and/or Incorrect?

Or, was there some other reason for the CHANGE?

After all, I did POINT OUT to the original opening post that;

1. There is NO " really 'real' ". Either some 'thing' is 'real' or it is 'NOT real'.

And,

2. The point at when ANY 'thing' is ANY 'thing' is at the point WHEN 'you', human beings, DECIDE. The EXACT SAME as HOW 'truth' is KNOWN. That is; at the point WHEN 'you', human beings, DECIDE.

That is; When an 'apple' is an apple is WHEN 'you', human beings, DECIDE 'it' [that is; 'that thing'] is an apple.
Jori

Post by Jori »

Three questions:
1. Is what is being aborted a human?
2. Is it wrong to kill a human?
If you answer yes to both questions, then abortion is wrong. If you answer no to at least one of the questions, then abortion is not wrong.

Follow up questions: If killing a human is generally wrong, are there situations in which it is not wrong? What situations?
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Age wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:41 am And, you have CHOSEN there to be NO meaning AT ALL for you, life, and nor existence, correct?
Totally spurious and incorrect.

I do not choose the purpose of anything but my own life and existence. It would be absurd for anyone to presume it was up to them to choose the purpose of the universe, or existence, or life, nor anyone else's life.

My own life is the only thing I have both the authority and responsibility for choosing the purpose of. The same goes for you, if you are not too obtuse to realize it.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Jori wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:50 am Three questions:
1. Is what is being aborted a human?
2. Is it wrong to kill a human?
If you answer yes to both questions, then abortion is wrong. If you answer no to at least one of the questions, then abortion is not wrong.

Follow up questions: If killing a human is generally wrong, are there situations in which it is not wrong? What situations?
1. Yes. There are reasons for abortion.

2. Yes. Other than killing by abortion, there are two reasons for killing.

a. Accidental.

b. Punishment.

You punish someone by doing them wrong, not by doing them "not wrong." Killing is the ultimate wrong done against another. (Self-defense is punishment for an attack. Soldiers are government agents dispensing punishment. And so on.)

Commentary: Answering no to either question does not make abortion, "not wrong." Neither does answering, "yes."

Post by Age »

RCSaunders wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:47 pm
Age wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:41 am And, you have CHOSEN there to be NO meaning AT ALL for you, life, and nor existence, correct?
Totally spurious and incorrect.

I do not choose the purpose of anything but my own life and existence. It would be absurd for anyone to presume it was up to them to choose the purpose of the universe, or existence, or life, nor anyone else's life.

My own life is the only thing I have both the authority and responsibility for choosing the purpose of. The same goes for you, if you are not too obtuse to realize it.
ONCE AGAIN, you have FAILED COMPLETELY in understanding, itself.