Moral Maze Purpose

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

RWStanding

Moral Maze Purpose

Post by RWStanding »

Moral Maze Purpose
The Moral Maze on radio 29th Dec. leaves one wondering whether philosophy-religion knows what purpose it has let alone Humanity or the Universe as a whole. A retired Archbishop and various academics and philosophers seemed to be lost, regarding the purpose in life and existence.
Nothing has a purpose other than is created internally.
I have a purpose in these words, and other things that I do out of generated interest which together provide a purpose in living.
The purpose I serve in the community and that of others is generated by that community.
The whole universe has an internal purpose generated by the corporate minds of humanity.
The whole of existence, albeit the universe, incorporates something we name ‘god’ and that totality must exist as a matter of nature with no external purpose.
‘God’ is a term that is only required as denoting the logic of why we have self-knowledge and sensation. The answer to which is presently unknown.

Re: Moral Maze Purpose

Post by Age »

RWStanding wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:02 am Moral Maze Purpose
The Moral Maze on radio 29th Dec. leaves one wondering whether philosophy-religion knows what purpose it has let alone Humanity or the Universe as a whole.
When you say 'that' "leaves one wondering ..." do you mean 'that' left you wondering ...?

And, could 'that' have left "others" wondering not what you were left wondering but wondering completely different other things?

Also, I am NOT left wondering the above at all, and this is because 'philosophy-religion' is NOT some 'thing' that could know ANY thing at all, let alone know the so-called "purpose of itself".

Also, religion-philosophy is NOT a thing with a 'purpose'. The words 'religion' and 'philosophy' are two different words referring to two different things.

But, anyway, the "purpose" of 'religion', 'philosophy', 'humanity', and the Universe as a whole, is ALREADY KNOWN, by some. And, the word 'purpose' might NOT be the EXACT Right word to be using here, by the way.

This will all depend on what is ACTUALLY BEING MEANT, and/or QUESTIONED here.
RWStanding wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:02 am A retired Archbishop and various academics and philosophers seemed to be lost, regarding the purpose in life and existence.
Well WHY should they be any different than just about every other adult human being, in the days when this is being written?
RWStanding wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:02 am Nothing has a purpose other than is created internally.
'Internally', in relation to 'what', EXACTLY?
RWStanding wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:02 am I have a purpose in these words,
In what words, EXACTLY?
RWStanding wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:02 am and other things that I do out of generated interest which together provide a purpose in living.
Will you provide any examples?
RWStanding wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:02 am The purpose I serve in the community and that of others is generated by that community.
The whole universe has an internal purpose generated by the corporate minds of humanity.
WHY in your first sentence the purpose of 'individuals', of a group, the purpose is generated by 'the group', whereas in your second sentence the purpose of 'the group', as a whole, is generated by 'individuals', of 'the group'?
RWStanding wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:02 am The whole of existence, albeit the universe, incorporates something we name ‘god’ and that totality must exist as a matter of nature with no external purpose.
What does 'albeit the universe' actually mean or refer to, exactly, in relation to 'the whole of existence'?

I agree that 'Totality' MUST exist as a matter of ANY 'thing', with NO external ANY thing.

Or, in other words, thee ACTUAL 'purpose' of ANY thing MUST exist within its OWN 'self', correct? But, in saying this, 'you', human beings, CAN perceive absolutely ANY so-called 'purpose' onto absolutely ANY thing. In other words what 'you' think or say, "... is the purpose of ..." , is NOT necessarily thee ACTUAL Truth AT ALL.

But what you say here still STANDS, that is; there is some 'Thing', which is 'Total', in nature, or 'exists as a matter of nature, and of which there is absolutely NOTHING external to It, including NO purpose.
RWStanding wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:02 am ‘God’ is a term that is only required as denoting the logic of why we have self-knowledge and sensation.
The term 'God' CAN be used to denote (to) other things, as well.
RWStanding wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:02 am The answer to which is presently unknown.
What, EXACTLY, was the question again, to which the answer is, supposedly, presently unknown?

And, by the way, the reason WHY the human body has 'sensation', and, the reason WHY 'you', human beings, are continually evolving towards, and into, True 'self-' and 'Self'- knowledge is ALSO ALREADY KNOWN, that is; if ANY one is interested in learning and also KNOWING.
Veritas Aequitas

Re: Moral Maze Purpose

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

RWStanding wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:02 am 1. Nothing has a purpose other than is created internally.
2. I have a purpose in these words, and other things that I do out of generated interest which together provide a purpose in living.
3. The purpose I serve in the community and that of others is generated by that community.
4. The whole universe has an internal purpose generated by the corporate minds of humanity.
I agree in general but there is no need for any consideration for a 'God' and any unknown.

Point 1-3 must align with 4.
Point 4 is verifiable and justifiable from empirical evidences then abstracted as an ideal universal principle via philosophical deliberations.
All humans must then strive from their current state towards this impossible-to-achieve-ideal on a continuous improvement basis.