Philosophical discussion

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Philosophical discussion

Post by Walker »

Age wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:12 pm
Walker wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:16 pm
Age wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:28 pm... a fairly lengthy one, and lost it.
That could be an advice from the great beyond to continue exploring the pithy-message method. :|
WHY do you ASSUME that there is or has been ANY 'pithy-message method' AT ALL?

What, by the way, is 'pithy-message method', to you, EXACTLY?

will you provide ANY examples?

And, have you ever considered just asking me ANY CLARIFYING questions about the method or way I write BEFORE ASSUMING ANY thing at all?
:lol:

It could be a message from the great beyond that your gut is interfering with transmission when it naturally rests on the keyboard when you stand up, and lean. (That answers the first three.)

Could it be a message from the great beyond that your gut is interfering with transmission when it naturally rests on the keyboard when you stand up? (That answers the first three, and clarifies the fourth.)

Age, if you had to write all your questions in blood, you would need a daily transfusion.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:42 am Yes I know. I read what you wrote. I just said that I did what you did, that is; lost everything that I wrote. Just like you did.
I then went on to explain that I just lost my writings in a different way than you did.
Ah ok, I see what you mean. Thanks.
Age wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:42 amDid you read where I wrote that, 'What I found is if you just click on the 'Preview' or 'Submit' tabs, once more, then your writings will appear?
Yes, I read what you wrote.
Age wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:42 amWhen I have a few times previously clicked on 'Preview' or 'Submit' nothing has come up, but when I click on again, then my writings do appear. This has happened when I have walked away for a while and come back to finish a response. There must be some time limit thing with it, but I have always got my writings back from that by just clicking again.
But when I clicked on the submit button it did not give me the option to click again. As I stated earlier, after clicking the submit button, all I saw was the login page, and there was no option for me to click again as you have suggested. I tried pressing the back button on my PC, hoping to get back the preview page, but that did not help either, everything I'd written retired to the cloud.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:51 pm The mind that constructed this plastic matter has never been seen.
What is the MIND

discuss......
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

DAM wrote: I could be according to someone else reading my thoughts via the words I write, but then they will never actually know for certain, only I would know for certain, not them.
Age replied: I would NOT be so CERTAIN here, if 'I' was 'you'.
But why do you say that ?

Surely I would be certain what my own thoughts are informing me. :?
Or do you mean I clould even lie to myself? which is very possible.

I could lie and pretend I'm telling the truth, or I could just tell the absolute truth.

Post by Age »

Walker wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:02 am
Age wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:12 pm
Walker wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:16 pm
That could be an advice from the great beyond to continue exploring the pithy-message method. :|
WHY do you ASSUME that there is or has been ANY 'pithy-message method' AT ALL?

What, by the way, is 'pithy-message method', to you, EXACTLY?

will you provide ANY examples?

And, have you ever considered just asking me ANY CLARIFYING questions about the method or way I write BEFORE ASSUMING ANY thing at all?

It could be a message from the great beyond that your gut is interfering with transmission when it naturally rests on the keyboard when you stand up, and lean. (That answers the first three.)

Could it be a message from the great beyond that your gut is interfering with transmission when it naturally rests on the keyboard when you stand up? (That answers the first three, and clarifies the fourth.)

Age, if you had to write all your questions in blood, you would need a daily transfusion.

As can be CLEARLY SEEN and PROVED True you did NOT answer ANY of the ACTUAL questions I asked you here. And, just as CLEARLY OBVIOUS is you did NOT CLARIFY ANY thing here.

So what? For the third.

If you wrote ACTUAL answers to my ANY of questions in blood, then you would NOT being using ANY. But again, so what?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:45 am
Age wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:42 am Yes I know. I read what you wrote. I just said that I did what you did, that is; lost everything that I wrote. Just like you did.
I then went on to explain that I just lost my writings in a different way than you did.
Ah ok, I see what you mean. Thanks.
Age wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:42 amDid you read where I wrote that, 'What I found is if you just click on the 'Preview' or 'Submit' tabs, once more, then your writings will appear?
Yes, I read what you wrote.
Age wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:42 amWhen I have a few times previously clicked on 'Preview' or 'Submit' nothing has come up, but when I click on again, then my writings do appear. This has happened when I have walked away for a while and come back to finish a response. There must be some time limit thing with it, but I have always got my writings back from that by just clicking again.
But when I clicked on the submit button it did not give me the option to click again.
Ah okay. So your experience has been different than mine.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:45 am As I stated earlier, after clicking the submit button, all I saw was the login page, and there was no option for me to click again as you have suggested. I tried pressing the back button on my PC, hoping to get back the preview page, but that did not help either, everything I'd written retired to the cloud.
Okay, FULLY understood now.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:29 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:51 pm The mind that constructed this plastic matter has never been seen.
What is the MIND

discuss......
The Mind, of which there is ONLY One, is just that part, which is Truly OPEN, and which has ALLOWED human beings, collectively AND individually, to imagine, invent, design, and create ALL that they have.

The (OPEN) Mind is thee Thing that ALWAYS ALLOWS human beings, collectively and individually, to be ABLE to learn, understand, and reason MORE and ANEW.

The Mind is an invisible part of the human being which is OPEN to ANY and EVERY thing but which is also able to SEE (UNDERSTAND) ANY and EVERY thing, including Its Self. It is through LOOKING AT 'things' from this Truly OPEN perspective where what thee ACTUAL Truth IS is RECOGNIZED, SEEN, UNDERSTOOD, and/or KNOWN, IRREFUTABLY.

Thee Mind is in EVERY one.

When, and if, any one uses the term 'human mind' this is just a misnomer and what they ACTUALLY MEAN is just 'human thought' or 'thinking' instead.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:49 pm
DAM wrote: I could be according to someone else reading my thoughts via the words I write, but then they will never actually know for certain, only I would know for certain, not them.
Age replied: I would NOT be so CERTAIN here, if 'I' was 'you'.
But why do you say that ?
Because without ACTUAL and IRREFUTABLE PROOF, and without the ABILITY to PROVE one's CLAIM, then what one CLAIMS is CERTAIN, or what one SAYS they are "CERTAIN OF", could ACTUALLY be False, Wrong, and/or Incorrect. That is WHY.

Also, because of the way the words 'I', 'my', and 'they' were used in relation to the words 'know for certain' and 'will never actually know for certain'.

If 'you' would like to delve into this further, then 'I' am more than willing to.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:49 pm Surely I would be certain what my own thoughts are informing me. :?
Actually thee ONLY 'thing' that can be Truly CERTAIN OF are 'thoughts', themselves. That is; 'the thoughts', themselves, and NOT whether 'the thoughts' are True, Right nor Correct or NOT.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:49 pm Or do you mean I clould even lie to myself? which is very possible.
BUT thee One and ONLY 'I' could NEVER lie. However, the human being 'i' can, and EVERY adult 'i', DOES lie, to "its" 'self' and to "others". And, it can lie so effectively that "its" own 'self' can NOT even RECOGNIZE the lie sometimes.
Dontaskme wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:49 pm I could lie and pretend I'm telling the truth, or I could just tell the absolute truth.
And;
'you' can also lie, and NOT even KNOW you are. 'you' can be, literally, in DENIAL - Don't Even kNow I Am Lying. Which is a VERY COMMON phenomena among 'you', adult human beings, especially in the days when this is being written. As could be CLEARLY SEEN and RECOGNIZED just about EVERYWHERE where 'you', adult human beings, communicate and interact with each "other", in the days when this was being written.

'you' could also tell a part truth.

'you' can as well say things that are very misleading while telling part truths or NO truths at all.

'you' can also tell untruths to deceive "others" in order to manipulate 'them' for Wrong purposes.

'you' can also tell the FULL and ONLY Truth just to manipulate "others" to ASSUME things that are False, Wrong, or Incorrect, in order to create some thing VERY POSITIVE for ALL human beings FOREVER MORE.

In other words there is huge combination of things that can be done by just telling lies, by pretending, by being Truly Honest, by telling the absolute and Only Truth, by telling your own truth, by partly telling truths, Truth, lies, by telling stories that are True or partly True and False, and/or by just saying things or telling stories that one is not even actually aware is a lie.

Without LOOKING INTO the ACTUAL WORDS 'you', human beings, use Truly FULLY, Honestly, and OPENLY, then what thee ACTUAL Truth IS NEVER comes to light and become KNOWN.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

What is ( i ) ?

What is ( I ) ?

What is ( you ) ?

What is ( yours ) ?

What is ( me ) ?

What is ( other ) ?

What is ( human being ) ?

What is ( one ) ?
Walker

Post by Walker »

What is that bloody mess? :|
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:06 am What is that bloody mess? :|
question: what is that bloody mess.

answer to question: a bloody mess.

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:05 am What is ( i ) ?

What is ( I ) ?

What is ( you ) ?

What is ( yours ) ?

What is ( me ) ?

What is ( other ) ?

What is ( one ) ?
To me,

( i ) usually means or refers to human beings.

( I ) usually means or refers to thee one and ONLY One

( you ) usually means or refers to human beings, and more specifically the 'thoughts and emotions' within human bodies.

( yours ) usually means or refers to depends on what is being spoken about the time.

( me ) usually means or refers to the being or thee Being.

( other ) usually means or refers to depends on whether 'the other' is a non human thing or not.

( human being ) usually means or refers to the human body, and the being within that body.

( human ) usually means or refers to the physical body of 'a human being'. While ( being ) means or refers to the person or the invisible thoughts and emotions, within the physical ( human ) body.

( one ) usually means or refers to a number a number of things, which are more than zero and less than two.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:00 pm

What is ( I ) ?

What is ( you ) ?

What is ( yours ) ?

What is ( me ) ?

What is ( other ) ?

What is ( one ) ?
To me,

( you ) usually means or refers to human beings, and more specifically the 'thoughts and emotions' within human bodies.

( yours ) usually means or refers to depends on what is being spoken about the time.

( other ) usually means or refers to depends on whether 'the other' is a non human thing or not.

( human being ) usually means or refers to the human body, and the being within that body.

( human ) usually means or refers to the physical body of 'a human being'. While ( being ) means or refers to the person or the invisible thoughts and emotions, within the physical ( human ) body.

( one ) usually means or refers to a number a number of things, which are more than zero and less than two.
Who knows all the above answers ?

Or, how are the answers known?

Post by Age »

Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:17 pm

What is ( I ) ?

What is ( you ) ?

What is ( yours ) ?

What is ( me ) ?

What is ( other ) ?

What is ( one ) ?
To me,

It is NOT about who 'knows' those definitions, it is about who gave those definitions for those words, and the answer is 'i' did, an individual human being, through a human body.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:17 pm Or, how are the answers known?
How those 'answers' are known is by 'you' reading them here.

Once you read what those words usually mean or refer to, to 'me', then that is how 'you' 'know' the answers that 'I' have provided here.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Age wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:30 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:17 pm

To me,

It is NOT about who 'knows' those definitions, it is about who gave those definitions for those words, and the answer is 'i' did, an individual human being, through a human body.
Dontaskme wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:17 pm Or, how are the answers known?
How those 'answers' are known is by 'you' reading them here.

Once you read what those words usually mean or refer to, to 'me', then that is how 'you' 'know' the answers that 'I' have provided here.
So have the meaningful answers come from a ( me ) and an ( I ) both as underlined ?
Do the meaningful answers to the questions belong to a ( me ) and are then provided to a ( you ) by ( I ) ?

Age wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:30 pmIt is NOT about who 'knows' those definitions, it is about who gave those definitions for those words, and the answer is 'i' did, an individual human being, through a human body.
If it's not about the WHO....then why mention the word who as underlined.

It seems the ( i ) is also the ( who ) is that correct?