For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Continuous motion possible or impossible

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:03 pm
Age wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:10 am
bahman wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:31 pm
I am done with you.
You are DONE because you can NOT counter NOR refute ANY thing in what I have said here.
I am tired of teaching you elementary things, yet you don't understand.
What, EXACTLY, are the so-called 'elementary things', which you have, SUPPOSEDLY, taught me, and which I, supposedly, do NOT understand?

Also, WHY can just about NO one "else" understand you either, yet you have been, laughably, "teaching" ALL of 'us' these 'elementary things'?

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:04 pm
Age wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:17 am
bahman wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:32 pm
Yes, it is an argument if you think throughly.
You can call 'it' an "argument" if you like. But this still does NOT change the FACT that 'it', or your "argument", is CLEARLY ILLOGICAL, UNSOUND, and INVALID. Which MEANS that your "argument" does NOT proof what you BELIEVE here is true.
This means you are unable to understand a simple argument.
Does it REALLY?

Or, could it be a Fact that I actually understand this FAR MORE than you could even imagine?

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:07 pm
Janoah wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:47 pm
bahman wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:39 pm Moreover, what is your justification for time being continuous?
There is no minimum period of time, less than which this period cannot be. Therefore, time is continuous, not discrete. (The minimum period of time tends to zero).
As you say. What is your proof for that?
Life, Existence, thee Universe, Itself, and Everything.

How much MORE proof do you want, or need?

Also, here is a GREAT EXAMPLE of when one HAS A BELIEF in some thing being true, even when it is CLEARLY False, and how even absolutely Everything, Itself, is NOT even enough for these people to see otherwise.

As I have found, so far anyway, there is absolutely NOTHING in the whole Universe, and even thee Universe, itself, that can shift a person's BELIEF, no matter how Wrong, False, and Incorrect their BELIEF IS.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:30 pm
commonsense wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:55 pm
bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:07 pm
As you say. What is your proof for that?
A priori by, by definition time is continuous. To the extent that a definition is whatever is commonly agreed upon by most people, you have no acceptable definition of time. By definition.
People agree on all sorts of wrong things, some like continuous motion, they are used to it so they accept it as a fact.
When are people, supposedly, used to 'continuous motion'?

If we want to delve into this, and discuss this further, then 'time' is, literally, measured, and observed, in 'increments'. Thus, NOT continuous AT ALL. 'you', human beings, even placed a label on the so-called smallest unit of incremented length, in an attempt to get used to 'time' and 'motion' being discrete, separated, and incremented.

But 'you', human beings, need to do this to make order and sense of the world and Universe, in which 'you' have found "yourselves" within.

So, one could 'argue' that 'you', adult human beings, are used to LOOKING AT and THINKING Life, and 'motion', is like the segregated or separated increments of pictures on projection film.

If you are NOT afraid to take this further, then please do.
bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:30 pm The reality could be different, discrete, like frames of a film.
I have already asked you, previously, to PROVIDE examples of how it 'could even be a possibility', let alone before you even begin to 'try to' CLAIM that Reality and 'motion' are discrete.

But you will NOT do this. So, WHY NOT?
bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:30 pm How could you be sure when you cannot rely on your experience?
The EXACT SAME could be asked of you?

But the difference would be that there is ACTUAL PROOF that 'motion' is continuous, let alone just a possibility. And, there is absolutely NO PROOF, at all, that 'motion' being continuous could even be an impossibility, let alone thee ACTUALITY of things. Or, if there is ANY, then you CERTAINLY have NOT "brought ANY to the table", as some say.

Also, relying on ACTUAL experience is FAR MORE credible than relying on absolutely NOTHING AT ALL, like you are doing here.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:53 pm
commonsense wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:48 pm
bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:30 pm
People agree on all sorts of wrong things, some like continuous motion, they are used to it so they accept it as a fact. The reality could be different, discrete, like frames of a film. How could you be sure when you cannot rely on your experience?
One can only rely on what is experienced, and trust that it’s consistent with the majority of others.
So a film is continuous?
As it appears across a screen.

When one looks a projection film and sees 'snapshots' of pictures, with borders between them, then thee actual projection film is STILL, literally, continuous, but just looking different than when it is shown on a screen, in front of an audience.

Why do you ask this question?

Is a film NOT continuous, to you?

If yes, then WHERE, EXACTLY, is the film NOT continuous.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:16 pm
commonsense wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:59 pm
bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:53 pm
So a film is continuous?
My experience is that a film consists of individual frames that are shown faster than my brain can perceive the frames. Is it not the same for you?
No, your brain is fast enough to create an illusion of continuous motion depending on the frame rate you perceive.
What are you saying, "No" to, EXACTLY HERE?

Also, what do you mean by the words, "your brain is fast enough to create an illusion of continuous motion depending on the frame rate you perceive"?

What does "your brain is fast enough" even mean or refer to, EXACTLY?

What you may find is if one sees a continuous motion picture, or not, (that is a still picture) is all dependent upon how fast a projection film is being presented onto a screen, in front of you. Which REALLY does NOT have much AT ALL in regards to "how fast brains are" or not are.
bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:30 pm You observe discrete motion when the frame rate is small, otherwise, your brain creates an illusory continuous motion.
But I do NOT observe discrete motion when the frame rate of a 'projected' 'motion film' is "small" or slowed down.

What I observe is STILL a 'continuous image' but this time of what looks more like the 'motion picture film' when it is NOT on a 'projection apparatus' being presented to me on a 'movie screen'. No matter the speed of the frame rate, which is being presented to me, what I observe is 'continuous'. And, it does NOT matter if the rate is sped up or slowed down what is SEEN is 'continuous', well to me anyway.

What you observe and experience "bahman" may be completely and utterly DIFFERENT.
bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:30 pm How does the brain do that? No-one knows.
LOL I DO.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:33 pm
commonsense wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:28 pm
No, your brain is fast enough to create an illusion of continuous motion depending on the frame rate you perceive. You observe discrete motion when the frame rate is small, otherwise, your brain creates an illusory continuous motion. How does the brain do that? No-one knows.
My brain creates an illusion?
Yes, and your mind perceives it.
"bahman" does your brain create an illusion and the so-called "your mind" perceives the illusion?

If no, then WHY does this happen and occur with and to "commonsense"?

But if yes, then HOW do 'you' KNOW whether 'motion' is continuous or whether 'motion' is discrete?

How would ANY one KNOW which one is True and which one is False, IF, as you CLAIM, the human brain creates an illusion and the human mind perceives the illusion?

You are, after all, CLAIMING that what you CLAIM here IS True, Right and Correct here.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:20 am
bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:00 pm
Age wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:01 am

If this, now, "space" "between discrete motion" can be so small that 'it' can NOT be measured, then HOW do you "KNOW" that 'it' exists?

And, WHY, EXACTLY, are you saying and claiming that 'it' does exist?
Because I have an argument against it.
1. Are you AWARE that if an 'argument' is NOT sound AND valid, then it is an 'argument' NOT worth even presenting, let alone discussing and talking about?

2. Are you AWARE that there is NOT one person, besides you, who agrees with and accepts your so-called "argument"? But, if you want to CLAIM that there is ANOTHER person, then bring them forward so we can talk to them and discuss this. They may be able to enlighten the rest of us here because you CERTAINLY ARE NOT "bahman".

3. Just because you, or ANY one, has a so-called "argument" for or against some thing, that in itself does NOT make the 'thing' True, Right NOR Correct.
bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:52 pm

So, because the brain within that head CHEATS 'you' when it is watching films, that brain then TELLS (cheats) you into BELIEVING that there is separation in the motion of thee Universe, Itself.

Also, is it possible that the brain within that head is CHEATING you to BELIEVE things, which ACTUALLY are NOT true, and then TRICKS you into using examples of how films are somehow separated into, who knows how many, MANY different segments.
No, that is not my argument.
I KNOW that is NOT your "argument". And, I certainly HOPE it would NOT be your "argument", because those Facts are being said AGAINST your "argument".
bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:52 pm My argument is OP.
And just how UNSOUND and INVALID that so-called "argument" REALLY IS has ALREADY been POINTED OUT, HIGHLIGHTED, and SHOWN by just about EVERY one in this thread.

But, unfortunately, for you, you are completely and utterly INCAPABLE of SEEING this as well.
bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:52 pm I am just saying that because the motion seems, what we experience, continuous then it does not mean that in reality is continuous too. SO it is not a fact.
OF COURSE just because motion seems to be continuous does NOT mean that, in Reality, motion is continuous. What makes motion continuous is the Fact that motion IS continuous, correct?

And, if you DISAGREE with this, then you REALLY do NOT YET understand the way I write.

'you', "bahman", is one of the most DISILLUSIONED ones in this forum.

This, so-called, "argument" of yours here, in the opening post, is just an example of what BELIEVE is true, but which you do NOT have ANY ACTUAL evidence, let alone proof, for. So, what you do is just make up just about absolutely ANY thing, in the hope that that will back up and support your BELIEFS. But, as can be CLEARLY SEEN, what you said in the opening post, which was;
To move, it must not be at now at the current location and then be at the next instance at another point. But something cannot be and not be at the same instance, now (it exists at now and must not exist in order to move). Therefore, continuous motion is impossible. is ONLY your DISTORTED BELIEFS, alone.

Your first sentence is just nonsensical AND illogical. Unless, OF COURSE, you can and WILL make it make sense and logical.

Let us say that the 'it' word, in your sentence, refers to 'a ball', for example,. Now, 'To move, a ball, MUST NOT be at 'now', at the ball's current location, and then, be at the 'next instance' at another point'.

WHY do you make this CLAIM here?

And, did you get to the, so-called, "next instance", through a continuous process or did you just JUMP to the "next instance"?

By the way, the reason WHY you have such a DISTORTED BELIEF can be CLEARLY SEEN in your opening post, in this thread.

Your second sentence has just so MANY faults, flaws, and CONTRADICTIONS I am not even going to bother exposing them ALL. Or, maybe it is the way you LOOK AT and SEE what 'now' means or refers to, EXACTLY, WHY you have this view and BELIEF that you have here?

Your "conclusion' is just your BELIEF, which you had PRIOR anyway to when you came up with the first two sentences. Your first two sentences, again, is just you 'trying to' find absolutely ANY thing to help in supporting and backing up your ALREADY OBTAINED BELIEF.
I have no time to read all this nonsense.
And, ONCE AGAIN, when I PROVE the "other" is Wrong, in their BELIEFS and CLAIMS, responses like this are given.

ONCE AGAIN, absolute COWARDICE to just ADMIT when one was ACTUALLY Wrong, and PROVEN Wrong, prevails severely among the adult human beings, in the days when this was being written.

bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:52 pm That is your problem if you cannot understand a simple argument.
Are you even slightly AWARE that just about NO one here so-called "understands your "simple" argument"?

REALLY, can you comprehend this Fact?
You are not providing a counterargument so I am not going to reply to all your comments.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:24 am
bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:01 pm
Age wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:08 am

OF COURSE that is a CLAIM, and NOT thee PROOF.

The CLAIM is; thee PROOF is in those things, which I have said and CLAIMED it was.

When people are READY TO, and have ENOUGH INTEREST, then they will FIND and SEE thee PROOF, which I am talking about here.

How much distance there is between when this is being written, and, when people are READY TO, and have become INTERESTED ENOUGH, is a whole other matter.

But if and when ANY one is INTERESTED ENOUGH, then I can SHOW them how they can FIND and SEE thee PROOF, "themselves".
Where is your proof for continuous motion?
ONCE AGAIN, WHERE the PROOF IS, is IN those things, which I have ALREADY said and CLAIMED it was, STILL IS, and ALWAYS WILL REMAIN.

That is, for thee umpteen time, Thee PROOF for 'continuous motion' is in the FUNDAMENTAL 'building blocks' of thee One and ONLY Universe, Itself, as well as in the way thee Universe, FUNDAMENTALLY, ACTUALLY WORKS.

Did you comprehend, THIS TIME, WHERE the PROOF IS?
That is not a proof just a claim.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:02 am
commonsense wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:59 pm
My experience is that a film consists of individual frames that are shown faster than my brain can perceive the frames. Is it not the same for you?
No, your brain is fast enough to create an illusion of continuous motion depending on the frame rate you perceive.
What are you saying, "No" to, EXACTLY HERE?

Also, what do you mean by the words, "your brain is fast enough to create an illusion of continuous motion depending on the frame rate you perceive"?

What does "your brain is fast enough" even mean or refer to, EXACTLY?

What you may find is if one sees a continuous motion picture, or not, (that is a still picture) is all dependent upon how fast a projection film is being presented onto a screen, in front of you. Which REALLY does NOT have much AT ALL in regards to "how fast brains are" or not are.
bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:30 pm You observe discrete motion when the frame rate is small, otherwise, your brain creates an illusory continuous motion.
But I do NOT observe discrete motion when the frame rate of a 'projected' 'motion film' is "small" or slowed down.

What I observe is STILL a 'continuous image' but this time of what looks more like the 'motion picture film' when it is NOT on a 'projection apparatus' being presented to me on a 'movie screen'. No matter the speed of the frame rate, which is being presented to me, what I observe is 'continuous'. And, it does NOT matter if the rate is sped up or slowed down what is SEEN is 'continuous', well to me anyway.

What you observe and experience "bahman" may be completely and utterly DIFFERENT.
bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:30 pm How does the brain do that? No-one knows.
LOL I DO.
How does the brain work?
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:07 am
bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:33 pm
commonsense wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:28 pm

My brain creates an illusion?
Yes, and your mind perceives it.
"bahman" does your brain create an illusion and the so-called "your mind" perceives the illusion?
Yes.
Age wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:07 am If no, then WHY does this happen and occur with and to "commonsense"?
The answer to the previous question is yes.
Age wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:07 am But if yes, then HOW do 'you' KNOW whether 'motion' is continuous or whether 'motion' is discrete?
Because of OP.
Age wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:07 am How would ANY one KNOW which one is True and which one is False, IF, as you CLAIM, the human brain creates an illusion and the human mind perceives the illusion?
The OP is not based on what we experience.
Age wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:07 am You are, after all, CLAIMING that what you CLAIM here IS True, Right and Correct here.
So you agree with the fact that the brain creates an illusion that the mind perceives?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

bahman wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:41 pm
Age wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:07 am You are, after all, CLAIMING that what you CLAIM here IS True, Right and Correct here.
So you agree with the fact that the brain creates an illusion that the mind perceives?
Age states here that you, bahman, have made a claim. Clearly, there is no logical reason to believe that Age agrees with the claim.
bahman

Post by bahman »

commonsense wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:16 pm
bahman wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:41 pm
Age states here that you, bahman, have made a claim. Clearly, there is no logical reason to believe that Age agrees with the claim.
Ok.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:31 pm
Age wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:20 am
bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:00 pm
Because I have an argument against it.
1. Are you AWARE that if an 'argument' is NOT sound AND valid, then it is an 'argument' NOT worth even presenting, let alone discussing and talking about?

2. Are you AWARE that there is NOT one person, besides you, who agrees with and accepts your so-called "argument"? But, if you want to CLAIM that there is ANOTHER person, then bring them forward so we can talk to them and discuss this. They may be able to enlighten the rest of us here because you CERTAINLY ARE NOT "bahman".

3. Just because you, or ANY one, has a so-called "argument" for or against some thing, that in itself does NOT make the 'thing' True, Right NOR Correct.
No, that is not my argument.
I KNOW that is NOT your "argument". And, I certainly HOPE it would NOT be your "argument", because those Facts are being said AGAINST your "argument".
bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:52 pm My argument is OP.
And just how UNSOUND and INVALID that so-called "argument" REALLY IS has ALREADY been POINTED OUT, HIGHLIGHTED, and SHOWN by just about EVERY one in this thread.

But, unfortunately, for you, you are completely and utterly INCAPABLE of SEEING this as well.
bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:52 pm I am just saying that because the motion seems, what we experience, continuous then it does not mean that in reality is continuous too. SO it is not a fact.
OF COURSE just because motion seems to be continuous does NOT mean that, in Reality, motion is continuous. What makes motion continuous is the Fact that motion IS continuous, correct?

And, if you DISAGREE with this, then you REALLY do NOT YET understand the way I write.
I have no time to read all this nonsense.
And, ONCE AGAIN, when I PROVE the "other" is Wrong, in their BELIEFS and CLAIMS, responses like this are given.

ONCE AGAIN, absolute COWARDICE to just ADMIT when one was ACTUALLY Wrong, and PROVEN Wrong, prevails severely among the adult human beings, in the days when this was being written.

bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:52 pm That is your problem if you cannot understand a simple argument.
Are you even slightly AWARE that just about NO one here so-called "understands your "simple" argument"?

REALLY, can you comprehend this Fact?
You are not providing a counterargument so I am not going to reply to all your comments.
But there is, literally, NOTHING here to 'counter argue' against.

I am just SHOWING and POINTING OUT the INCONSISTENCIES, CONTRADICTIONS, and Falsehoods in your OWN WORDS.

Also, if you were NOT SO AFRAID to answer my CLARIFYING QUESTIONS Honestly, posed to you, then NOT only ANY one could counter argue your words but you ALSO would be counter arguing "your" own 'self' here.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:32 pm
Age wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:24 am
bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:01 pm
Where is your proof for continuous motion?
ONCE AGAIN, WHERE the PROOF IS, is IN those things, which I have ALREADY said and CLAIMED it was, STILL IS, and ALWAYS WILL REMAIN.

That is, for thee umpteen time, Thee PROOF for 'continuous motion' is in the FUNDAMENTAL 'building blocks' of thee One and ONLY Universe, Itself, as well as in the way thee Universe, FUNDAMENTALLY, ACTUALLY WORKS.

Did you comprehend, THIS TIME, WHERE the PROOF IS?
That is not a proof just a claim.
You are saying this BECAUSE it was 'I' who INFORMED 'you' that this is NOT proof but is a CLAIM of WHERE the PROOF ACTUALLY IS.

Which is what you were asking me for. Or, have you FORGOTTEN THIS?

By the way, the PROOF speaks for Itself, and this becomes OBVIOUS when, and IF, you EVER find the PROOF.

Furthermore, because there is ACTUALLY NO PROOF for YOUR CLAIM, you could NEVER find "that" However, because there is ACTUAL PROOF, which ALREADY EXISTS, AGAINST YOUR CLAIM here, this then MEANS that your CLAIM is just plain old False, Wrong, AND Incorrect.