For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

bahman

Re: Continuous motion possible or impossible

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:54 pm
bahman wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:28 pm
Age wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:14 pm

It does NOT, as SHOWN and PROVEN True ALREADY, in EVERY thread.

Also, you were previously asked; Can you tell me something that is NOT in continuous motion?

Have you answered this CLARIFYING QUESTION already?

If no, then WHY NOT?

If yes, then WHERE?
Any motion is not continuous.
'Motion', itself, IS continuous.

The RIDICULOUSNESS of speaking like this, to "each other", SPEAKS for itself.
As you would like to believe.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:37 pm
Age wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:33 pm
bahman wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:04 pm
The continuous motion requires that the motion occurs at now which this requires that cause and effect lay at the same instant so-called now. We agree that cause and effect cannot be simultaneous therefore we are dealing with a discrete process.
WHO or WHAT is the 'we' that, supposedly, agrees that cause and effect cannot be simultaneous and thus does NOT happen in the 'now'?
If the effect is there at now then there is no need for a cause at now.
Can you REALLY NOT SEE what thee ACTUAL QUESTION is asking for, or do you just PURPOSELY DEFLECT?

Post by Age »

The continuous motion requires that the motion occurs at now which this requires that cause and effect lay at the same instant so-called now. We agree that cause and effect cannot be simultaneous therefore we are dealing with a discrete process.
WHO or WHAT is the 'we' that, supposedly, agrees that cause and effect cannot be simultaneous and thus does NOT happen in the 'now'?
How COULD an 'effect' have actually occurred, if there was NO 'cause'?

Cause AND effect BOTH occur here NOW. As can be CLEARLY SEEN and PROVED True.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:47 pm
Age wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:43 pm
bahman wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:21 pm
Motion is either discrete or continuous.
So what?
bahman wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:21 pm There is no other option.
This is only MORE of your DISTRACTION TACTICS to take the reader AWAY from the Fact that you are completely and utterly UNABLE to answer the CLARIFYING QUESTIONS posed to you Honestly, because if you did, then you would REFUTE what you have been saying and CLAIMING here.

You have NOT provided ANY proof AT ALL that motion is discrete, while absolutely EVERY thing within thee Universe, Itself, and even the WHOLE Universe, Itself, PROVES that motion is continuous. And, could NEVER be ANY other way.
bahman wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:21 pm
But the experience you have when you watch a film is an illusion. The reality is that the film is discrete.
But the 'film' IS NOT discrete. As IS PROVEN when one LOOKS AT the 'film'.

All one HAS TO DO to SEE this Fact is just obtain a 'film', rolled it out in front of you, LOOK AT the individual frames before you and what can be CLEARLY SEEN is that ALL of those frames are JOINED TOGETHER. There are NO ACTUAL 'gaps' ANYWHERE. The 'roll of film' is LITERALLY one CONTINUOUS roll.
What I said is very relevant. You need to think through.
I HAVE, and that is HOW and WHY I came to REALIZE that a 'roll of film' has NO 'gaps', and thus IS, literally, CONTINUOUS. Which, completely AND utterly, REFUTES what you are 'TRYING' so hard to CLAIM here is true.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:48 pm
Age wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:44 pm
bahman wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:22 pm
I am done with you.
You are done, ONCE AGAIN, because your own "arguments" here are just fallacious.
Believe it as you please but you are wrong.
OBVIOUSLY I am wrong here. This is because you REALLY are NOT YET 'done', in 'TRYING TO', convince me that 'motion' is NO continuous.

As for your fallacious arguments, then they SPEAK for themselves.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:02 am
bahman wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:26 pm
The grid that any moving object jumps from one point to another point.
Here is a GREAT EXAMPLE of 'things' existing in IMAGINATION ONLY, but NOT ACTUALLY ANYWHERE ELSE. And, this ONLY occurs because this one BELIEVES some 'thing' is true, but which they have absolutely NO proof for, let alone there being ANY actual evidence for.

Realy? Can cause and effect lay at the same time?
Not just 'can' cause and effect lay at the same place AND moment, cause and effect ONLY ACTUALLY happens AND occurs this way. As evidenced AND PROVEN True by the WHOLE Universe, Itself.
bahman wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:26 pm
I am referring to the same point at a time.
I asked you THREE CLARIFYING QUESTIONS here, but because of your INABILITIES you were ONLY able to respond the way you have here, and not actually CLARIFY ANY one of those questions.

Well I will refer to the same point at a time. Therefore, this PROVES that 'motion' IS continuous, correct?

Now, if what I said here is NOT correct, then WHY would what you said here be, supposedly, correct?
bahman wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:02 am The ABSURDITY and RIDICULOUS of this CLAIM here is AS ABSURD and RIDICULOUS as your CLAIM IS here.
If the cause and effect lay at the same instant in time then what is the use of cause?

1. 'Time' is NOT actually what you ASSUME and/or BELIEVE it is.

2. Cause AND effect happen AND occur at NOW, which is ALSO in 'continuous motion'. Just like EVERY thing else IS.

3. The 'use' of 'cause' is to create an 'effect'. Obviously, if there was NO 'cause', then there would be NO 'effect', NOR, in other words, 'A CHANGE'. Which, obviously, THERE IS.
bahman wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:02 am What you have is just a continuous effect.
This is NOT about what 'I' NOR 'you' have, but about what ACTUALLY occurs AND happens, which is; There exists a continuous cause AND a continuous effect. Which is also known as evolution, or change, which are BOTH, obviously, ALSO continuous ALWAYS at and in the HERE-NOW.

And, this can NOT be refuted as this is what IS ACTUALLY and IRREFUTABLY True, Right, Accurate, AND Correct. As has ALREADY been PROVED True.
Last edited by Age on Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:03 am
bahman wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:28 pm
Any motion is not continuous.
'Motion', itself, IS continuous.

The RIDICULOUSNESS of speaking like this, to "each other", SPEAKS for itself.
As you would like to believe.
As 'what', what I SUPPOSEDLY would like to believe?

Do you NOT think that two 'human beings' 'trying to' 'argue' for their position by saying things like:

Human being 1. "Any motion is not continuous."

Human being 2. ''Motion', itself, IS continuous.'

is NOT RIDICULOUS?
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

commonsense wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:21 pm
bahman wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:51 pm
No, I posited that the gap between cause and effect is certain if cause and effect are not simultaneous.
I see you’re saying not that gaps are possible but that they are certain. If you explain how that is so, you will have convinced me that I have been wrong.
Re-read my post. Explain how that one thing works and you will have converted me to believing your claim. Nothing else will do the same. Don’t tell me how something else doesn’t work. Don’t assume that a previous agreement still stands. The ball is in your court now.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:12 am

Can you REALLY NOT SEE what thee ACTUAL QUESTION is asking for, or do you just PURPOSELY DEFLECT?
As usual, you don't understand the implication of my answer.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:16 am

That is your problem.
Age wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:16 am Cause AND effect BOTH occur here NOW. As can be CLEARLY SEEN and PROVED True.
That is your problem to understand that it is impossible.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

bahman wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:17 pm
I didn’t ask you to imply anything.
bahman

Post by bahman »

commonsense wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:10 pm
commonsense wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:21 pm

I see you’re saying not that gaps are possible but that they are certain. If you explain how that is so, you will have convinced me that I have been wrong.
Re-read my post. Explain how that one thing works and you will have converted me to believing your claim. Nothing else will do the same. Don’t tell me how something else doesn’t work. Don’t assume that a previous agreement still stands. The ball is in your court now.
There are two types of motion, discrete and continuous, the earlier has gap and the latter is gapless. Once it is shown that continuous motion is logically impossible then we are left by discrete motion.

Moreover, what is the implication of the fact that cause comes before effect?
bahman

Post by bahman »

commonsense wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:24 pm
bahman wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:17 pm

I didn’t ask you to imply anything.
That was my reply to age.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

bahman wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:18 pm
That is your problem.
Age wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:16 am Cause AND effect BOTH occur here NOW. As can be CLEARLY SEEN and PROVED True.
Everything that happens, happens now. There are no events that actually take place before now for those are only memories of things that happened during a previous now; nor after now because those are only expectations for what may happen during a later now.
bahman

Post by bahman »

commonsense wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:29 pm
bahman wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:18 pm

That is your problem.
Everything that happens, happens now. There are no events that actually take place before now for those are only memories of things that happened during a previous now; nor after now because those are only expectations for what may happen during a later now.
So cause and effect are simultaneous?