Continuous motion possible or impossible

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Continuous motion possible or impossible

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:36 pm
Age wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:02 am
bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:16 pm
No, your brain is fast enough to create an illusion of continuous motion depending on the frame rate you perceive.
What are you saying, "No" to, EXACTLY HERE?

Also, what do you mean by the words, "your brain is fast enough to create an illusion of continuous motion depending on the frame rate you perceive"?

What does "your brain is fast enough" even mean or refer to, EXACTLY?

What you may find is if one sees a continuous motion picture, or not, (that is a still picture) is all dependent upon how fast a projection film is being presented onto a screen, in front of you. Which REALLY does NOT have much AT ALL in regards to "how fast brains are" or not are.
bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:30 pm You observe discrete motion when the frame rate is small, otherwise, your brain creates an illusory continuous motion.
But I do NOT observe discrete motion when the frame rate of a 'projected' 'motion film' is "small" or slowed down.

What I observe is STILL a 'continuous image' but this time of what looks more like the 'motion picture film' when it is NOT on a 'projection apparatus' being presented to me on a 'movie screen'. No matter the speed of the frame rate, which is being presented to me, what I observe is 'continuous'. And, it does NOT matter if the rate is sped up or slowed down what is SEEN is 'continuous', well to me anyway.

What you observe and experience "bahman" may be completely and utterly DIFFERENT.
bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:30 pm How does the brain do that? No-one knows.
LOL I DO.
How does the brain work?
THANK YOU for the CLARIFYING QUESTION. They are MUCH APPRECIATED, but VERY RARELY RECEIVED.

The human brain works by obtaining, and withholding, some of the information sent to it, from the five senses of that human body, which the brain is within.

It could be said that the human brain works just like a computer does. As the human brain can only put out information, which has been fed into it.

And, while 'I' leave 'you' to make ASSUMPTIONS or not on what this ACTUALLY MEANS, 'I' will leave you, again, with the suggestion that it is ALWAYS better to GAIN CLARITY, FIRST, BEFORE one EVER MAKES ANY ASSUMPTION AT ALL. This is because CLARITY can NEVER be Wrong, whereas ASSUMPTIONS can ALWAYS be Wrong.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:41 pm
Age wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:07 am
bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:33 pm
Yes, and your mind perceives it.
"bahman" does your brain create an illusion and the so-called "your mind" perceives the illusion?
Yes.
Age wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:07 am If no, then WHY does this happen and occur with and to "commonsense"?
The answer to the previous question is yes.
Age wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:07 am But if yes, then HOW do 'you' KNOW whether 'motion' is continuous or whether 'motion' is discrete?
Because of OP.
BUT, 'you' just got through TELLING us that 'your' brain creates an ILLUSION, to which 'your' "mind" then perceives THAT ILLUSION.

Which, therefore MEANS, what you are TELLING US here NOW is just an ILLUSION, correct?

If yes, then I AGREE.

But if no, then who or what are 'you', which can, supposedly, decipher and distinguish between what is actually REAL and what is just an ILLUSION?

Oh, and by the way, it is GREAT to SEE that you SOME times answer the CLARIFYING QUESTIONS I pose to you.
Age wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:07 am How would ANY one KNOW which one is True and which one is False, IF, as you CLAIM, the human brain creates an illusion and the human mind perceives the illusion?
The OP is not based on what we experience.
No, this is Right.

The opening post is based on what 'you' experience, and NOT on what 'we' experience, and you have ALREADY INFORMED us that 'your' brain experiences ILLUSIONS, which 'your' "mind" perceives. Which, when Honesty is added into this equation, MEANS that what you are sharing with 'us' here are the ILLUSIONS that 'your' brain has experienced.
Age wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:07 am You are, after all, CLAIMING that what you CLAIM here IS True, Right and Correct here.
So you agree with the fact that the brain creates an illusion that the mind perceives?
NO, NOT AT ALL.

And, what is that so-called "fact" based on, EXACTLY?
Janoah

Post by Janoah »

bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:07 pm
Janoah wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:47 pm
bahman wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:39 pm Moreover, what is your justification for time being continuous?
There is no minimum period of time, less than which this period cannot be. Therefore, time is continuous, not discrete. (The minimum period of time tends to zero).
As you say. What is your proof for that?
try to read it again, because I already wrote very clearly what was what.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:55 am
Age wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:02 am

What are you saying, "No" to, EXACTLY HERE?

Also, what do you mean by the words, "your brain is fast enough to create an illusion of continuous motion depending on the frame rate you perceive"?

What does "your brain is fast enough" even mean or refer to, EXACTLY?

What you may find is if one sees a continuous motion picture, or not, (that is a still picture) is all dependent upon how fast a projection film is being presented onto a screen, in front of you. Which REALLY does NOT have much AT ALL in regards to "how fast brains are" or not are.

But I do NOT observe discrete motion when the frame rate of a 'projected' 'motion film' is "small" or slowed down.

What I observe is STILL a 'continuous image' but this time of what looks more like the 'motion picture film' when it is NOT on a 'projection apparatus' being presented to me on a 'movie screen'. No matter the speed of the frame rate, which is being presented to me, what I observe is 'continuous'. And, it does NOT matter if the rate is sped up or slowed down what is SEEN is 'continuous', well to me anyway.

What you observe and experience "bahman" may be completely and utterly DIFFERENT.

LOL I DO.
How does the brain work?
THANK YOU for the CLARIFYING QUESTION. They are MUCH APPRECIATED, but VERY RARELY RECEIVED.

The human brain works by obtaining, and withholding, some of the information sent to it, from the five senses of that human body, which the brain is within.

It could be said that the human brain works just like a computer does. As the human brain can only put out information, which has been fed into it.

And, while 'I' leave 'you' to make ASSUMPTIONS or not on what this ACTUALLY MEANS, 'I' will leave you, again, with the suggestion that it is ALWAYS better to GAIN CLARITY, FIRST, BEFORE one EVER MAKES ANY ASSUMPTION AT ALL. This is because CLARITY can NEVER be Wrong, whereas ASSUMPTIONS can ALWAYS be Wrong.
Brain does not work like a computer.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Janoah wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:20 pm
bahman wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:07 pm
Janoah wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:47 pm

There is no minimum period of time, less than which this period cannot be. Therefore, time is continuous, not discrete. (The minimum period of time tends to zero).
As you say. What is your proof for that?
try to read it again, because I already wrote very clearly what was what.
That is not a proof.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

bahman wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:06 pm
How does the brain work?

Brain/computer is an excellent analogy. The CPU receives input, processes it and provides output. The brain receives input from afferent nerves, processes it and provides output via efferent nerves. That much is analogous.

Post by Age »

How does the brain work?

Here now is a PRIME EXAMPLE and FURTHER PROOF of EXACTLY how the brain works just like a computer does.
bahman

Post by bahman »

commonsense wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:00 pm

Brain/computer is an excellent analogy. The CPU receives input, processes it and provides output. The brain receives input from afferent nerves, processes it and provides output via efferent nerves. That much is analogous.
CPU is different from the brain. Brain is a neural net whereas CPU is a set or, and, etc. circuits.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:37 am

Here now is a PRIME EXAMPLE and FURTHER PROOF of EXACTLY how the brain works just like a computer does.
Is there any neural net in CPU?
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

bahman wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:40 pm But something cannot be and not be at the same instant.
The introduction of time into any equation may make all things work [but only within our primitive view of the Universe]. Delete the same and you will discover that all things are possible.

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:47 pm
What do you mean here? Like when flashes on a computer screen are seen when the human head, of living and thinking human body, is put in a magnetic resonance imaging device?

If yes, then I do not know.

Has a central processing unit even been put into a magnetic resonance imaging device, while the central processing unit has been switched on, and is working?

Post by Age »

bahman wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:46 pm
CPU is different from the brain.
OF COURSE 'a central processing unit' is different from 'a brain'. One is, OBVIOUSLY, in a computer while the other is OBVIOUSLY within animals. Which one is which I hope does NOT need to be explained, within a philosophy forum.
bahman wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:46 pm Brain is a neural net whereas CPU is a set or, and, etc. circuits.
Okay.
bahman

Post by bahman »

simplicity wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:39 pm
bahman wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:40 pm But something cannot be and not be at the same instant.
The introduction of time into any equation may make all things work [but only within our primitive view of the Universe]. Delete the same and you will discover that all things are possible.
Continuous motion, in general, is impossible, including changes in time.
commonsense

Post by commonsense »

bahman wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:46 pm
CPU is different from the brain. Brain is a neural net whereas CPU is a set or, and, etc. circuits.
As I said, much is analogous.
bahman

Post by bahman »

Age wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:25 pm
bahman wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:47 pm

What do you mean here? Like when flashes on a computer screen are seen when the human head, of living and thinking human body, is put in a magnetic resonance imaging device?

If yes, then I do not know.

Has a central processing unit even been put into a magnetic resonance imaging device, while the central processing unit has been switched on, and is working?
Don't you know what a neural net is? Do you know what a neuron is? If yes then a neural net is a net of neurons.