All Humans are "Programmed" with the Potential for Evil

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

attofishpi

Re: All Humans are "Programmed" with the Potential for Evil

Post by attofishpi »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:51 am
owl of Minerva wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:40 am All Humans are "Programmed" with the Potential for Evil
Post by Veritas Aequitas » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:26 am

……………………………………………………………

By owl of Minerva:

Programmed by what or by whom? Humans being specifically programmed for the potential for evil is fantasy. While nature is blameless it operates according to laws, and animals according to instinct. If an animal kills it is not a crime if a human kills it is. To blame it on being programmed with the potential for evil or on algorithms is silly and dangerous in equal measure.
Note the following I posted in another thread;
attofishpi wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:22 am What do you mean by "inherently programmed" within all humans via evolution?
ALL humans are "inherently programmed" for the potential puberty which remain dormant and unfold when the individual reaches puberty age.
This is proof all humans are "inherently programmed" with certain potentials which unfold in various stages of their life.

Note all humans are also "inherently programmed" with the potential for intelligence and this had been slowly unfold since 200,000 till the present average IQ.

Just as the above, all human are also "inherently programmed" with the potential for natural morality which is not easily noticeable and also evil.
As a 'programmer' I ask U ...what CAUSED this programming within evolution?
My approach is top-down [from experience and observations to inference] not bottom-up [assuming there is a programmer].

Note 'program' in this case is 'a potential for systematic set of activities in the human brain /mind and body.'

It is very natural for humans to acquire certain "programs" significantly from nurturing conditions alone. For example a normal child exposed to a very 'bad' environment will likely turned out to be a gangster, a thief, violent, and other negative traits.
So what cause this 'programming' of the person to commit 'evil' acts [i.e. re Nurture] is the environmental conditions he was and is in.

So to your question re inherent nature Morality, what cause the 'programming' of the traits of 'Nature' [opp. nurture] is also due to the environmental conditions, the human species was exposed to in its 200,000 years of existence and the traits inherited from its ancestors from 4 billion years ago.
God as a creation of the human mind to sooth the conscience is a lack of understanding of what conscience is. If a person feels evil per your thesis, the thought of God would be more liable to create anguish rather than being soothed. Satan is not a creation of theists. If evil exists per your thesis why then would any particular group have to create it? Much less give it a name.
I stated the potential for evil is "programmed" within all humans.
I have to mention, the potential for good is also "programmed" within all humans and the good will always prevail over 'evil' in the long run.
To ensure the good prevails, the potential and impulses of evil has to be inhibited and modulated, that is why the majority of humans do not go about killing humans willy-nilly.

Nature is never perfect, as such, there will be a percentage of humans where the inhibition and modulation of the evil impulses are not effective in a range of degrees.
It is not that a particular group create evil, but evil is manifested evidently in humans who have ineffective inhibitions and humans thus classified these acts as 'evil'.
Note https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/concept-evil/
What is necessary for humans to manage or mitigate evil acts is to stop doing them. Humans, unlike animals, have in addition to instinct, intelligence and choice. People can commit genocide but they do not have to. To blame God or the devil {or an algorithm} is escapism. There is nothing in your thesis to be understood or that merits understanding. What is needed is to take responsibility for actions and stop coming up with excuses.

If your thesis was meant to be taken as a spoof or attention getter then ignore this serious response.
My view is, it is impossible for God to exists as real.
Thus there is no real God for me to blame re evil.
Evil is manifested from humans who has ineffective inhibitors to suppress and modulate the evil impulses from the inherent evil within humans themselves.
What is needed is to take responsibility for actions and stop coming up with excuses.
How are you going to go about doing that? What sorts of strategies [seriously] will you employ that is applicable to all humans on Earth?

I would first focus on an efficient Problem Solving Technique.

What is critical with my theory is;
1. the manifestations of evil has root causes, i.e. grounded on the 'programmed' inherent potential within the DNA/brains/mind of all human beings.
2. why evil manifest is because of the ineffectiveness of inhibitors to suppress and modulate the evil impulses from within the evil prone person.

So if we understand the root causes and the mechanics of evil, we need to take actions to strengthen the specific inhibitors and modulators so that the evil impulses do not prevail and dominate the person.

To enable to achieve the above humanity will have to understand how the mechanics of evil works and how the inhibitors failed, therefrom establish solutions to rewire the relevant neural connectivity to strengthen the relevant inhibitors.
I am optimistic the above can be done due to this potential,
http://www.humanconnectomeproject.org/

Btw, humanity has already been tackling evil and establishing strategies [non-theistic] to overcome evil long ago but they are not very effective because they are based on a 'black-box' approach rather than addressing the root causes.
lol
Dontaskme

Re: All Humans are 'Programmed' with the Potential for Evil

Post by Dontaskme »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:03 am
  • To manage [soothe] the desperate manifestations of 'evil' and sufferings within oneself, the majority of individual humans resort to create the idea of a God in their brain and mind.
    So 'Satan' is not "out there" but is inside the theists' brain and mind.
    Therefore it is only through the understanding and grasping of the above knowledge that humanity can begin to resolve [mitigate to the minimum] all human related evil acts.

From the above, my intention is to focus on the issue of evil [as defined] only.
Reality for any sentient living creature, has always been evil and could not have been any other way. The idea of goodness is an intergral part and not separate from evil ideology. The idea of Goodness is the flip side of nature. The existence of goodness is born out of it's opposite, which is the same one reality.

Goodness is the byproduct of what is always at base level, Negative. Relief and comfort, and the pleasurable satisfaction comes for every sentient creatures strive to win the battle of survival. The triumph over dire adversity, is a good feeling. This kind of knowledge is known to the mind as the Asymmetry argument.

To survive is not easy, it's a constant bloody battle to win. Winning always comes at a cost, and that is to make something else a loser.

The Awareness of the primate known as ''human'' has become very dominent in nature, in that it has evolved sufficiently enough to be aware it is aware, which has created an artifical divide of 'self and other' which is a normal evolutionary phenonmena known as mental cognition. In essence, the human primates brain got too big. But it is nature itself that has done this to itself. Nature has become aware it aware, and with that will come an even greater battle to survive.

You can take the ''MAN'' out of the beast. But you cannot take the ''BEAST'' out of the man.
To even hope of there being the possiblity for the mitigation of evil is a selfish thought... and cannot come to pass, simply because nature is at it's basic core level, utterly selfish.
Nature has to be selfish else it would not survive This is a truth that the 'human mind' cannot accept.

Every sentient life form on earth is a predator...insofar as it has to kill something other than itself, to ensure it's own survival. That's why the human primate goes to war on itself. World war 1 and 2 are not the end, they are the beginning of the massacre of humanity as we know it.

The primate known as ''human'' has forgotten it's brutal evolutionary roots ...Humanity is living in some kind of optical delusion, and lives this perpetual sense of delusion in it's stubborn refusal to accept it's true nature, which is a beastly predator.

On a vastly, grossly, massively over-polluted, over populated planet, every form of human depravity, ignorance, stupidity, criminality, lunacy, cruelty, brutality, vileness, venality, corruption, viciousness, idiocy, debasement, insanity, perversion, deviance, obsession, chicanery, wickedness, mendacity, madness, sickness and disease is not only predictable, it is inevitable.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Veritas Aequitas wrote:My intention for this OP is to focus on the subject of "evil" and its evolutionary neural basis for humans only.
Arbitrarily accepting this premise as an absolute truth for the purposes of contemplation, reveals:

- Evolution is change.
- Change is movement.
- All movement in the universe is towards balance.
- Movement is caused by unbalance.
- Unbalance causes natural movement towards balance.
- Evil is a natural physical necessity because evil is the part of the organism's structure that naturally unbalances the organism, causing movement towards balance.
- Life requires movement because in nature, unmoving life and roadkill become food.
- Thus, whatever physically evolves is what physically survives as an entity to evolve, and the entity survives by movement towards balance, caused by unbalance, caused by the inherent evil within the physical, neural network, creating the natural movement towards balance.

Implication:
Maybe evil killed The Flying Wallendas.
Maybe not.

Unbalance is also caused by outside sources, which perfect balance incorporates into stillness.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:20 am

Unbalance is also caused by outside sources.

There is nothing outside of consciousness. .original SOURCE, the only source.

Any movement, is APPARENT only within consciousness itself, the only knowing there is. Tis only the mind that moves, not consciousness...Any movement toward balance is a conditioned response, known only as an automatic responsive jerk reaction of the sentient organism itself, which is known to consciousness..in this conception.

In reality, there are no conditions upon what it ultimately unconditionally free to be in every moment.
Conditional implies a sense of self-control...There is no such idea, in reality there is no one at the controls, reality is totally selfless, insofar as it is absolute unconditional LOVE infinitely forever.

Veritas Aequitas

Post by Veritas Aequitas »

Veritas Aequitas wrote:My intention for this OP is to focus on the subject of "evil" and its evolutionary neural basis for humans only.
Arbitrarily accepting this premise as an absolute truth for the purposes of contemplation, reveals:

- Evolution is change.
- Change is movement.
- All movement in the universe is towards balance.
- Movement is caused by unbalance.
- Unbalance causes natural movement towards balance.
- Evil is a natural physical necessity because evil is the part of the organism's structure that naturally unbalances the organism, causing movement towards balance.
- Life requires movement because in nature, unmoving life and roadkill become food.
- Thus, whatever physically evolves is what physically survives as an entity to evolve, and the entity survives by movement towards balance, caused by unbalance, caused by the inherent evil within the physical, neural network, creating the natural movement towards balance.

Implication:
Maybe evil killed The Flying Wallendas.
Maybe not.

Unbalance is also caused by outside sources, which perfect balance incorporates into stillness.
I would avoid the term 'absolute' in the absolutely-absolute sense.

Whatever premises are accepted must be rationalized, verified and justified within a credible framework and system of knowledge, where the scientific FSK at present is the most credible, and the need for it to be supervised by philosophy-proper.

The leader of the "The Flying Wallendas killed" is a good example, unfortunately it was greater net-evil [more of evil than good] that prevailed at that moment.

What is needed for optimal well being of a person's life must be always be the Middle-Way, [note Buddhism, Taoism promote such principles] i.e. with allowances to sway from side to side upon varying conditions but always strive to the center [middle] whenever the opportunity arises with the slightest bias of good.
Last edited by Veritas Aequitas on Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:46 am

Unbalance is also caused by outside sources.

There is nothing outside of consciousness. .original SOURCE, the only source.
Fine-tuning to DAM frequency ...

Two distinct portals to the one and only undifferentiated mind, portals made distinct by the physical characteristics that comprise each portal that then differentiates mind via form, characteristics which also limit access due to incarnation or corruption, can become unbalanced not only by evil, but by an elemental force such as wind, in the case of The Flying Wallendas!
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:05 am Fine-tuning to DAM frequency ...

Wrong I :shock:

Wait for the echo... :lol:

It is possible to know absolutely, but first you have to die. :shock:

You have to give up your Christ, in Jesus name. . ( from Belief to Clarity )
Walker

Post by Walker »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:58 am I would avoid the term 'absolute' in the absolutely-absolute sense.
How else is one to consider the implications of light speed?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:11 am
Veritas Aequitas wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:58 am I would avoid the term 'absolute' in the absolutely-absolute sense.
How else is one to consider the implications of light speed?
In order for lightspeed to be known to exist, there has to exist it's absolute and equal counterpart..also known as Resting Light.

Knowledge of opposites, exist only within the dream of separation where in reality there is none.

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just putting in a different context to yourself.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:07 am

Well ... you chew on it awhile and you might find your tune a changin'.
(voice of Buster Scruggs)
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Walker wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:16 am
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:07 am

Well ... you chew on it awhile and you might find your tune a changin'.
(voice of Buster Scruggs)
Just more voices of the voiceless.

You cannot beat yourself into submission. For one very good reason.

Reality is a double negative.

There is no preposistion on what NEVER takes a position...in THE FIRST ORDER...nothing is out of place.

Reality can never be JUST GOOD.... As the idiots claim...as in their fantasy belief...of a ''Good God'' ideology.

Get your facts straight. :shock:

Speak the absolute truth or shut the fuck up.

Reality is a CLOSED LOOP upon itself ALONE.

You are alone in the universe, and all the others are alone in their universe too.

The universe is completely and absolutely SELFLESS

The only sacrifice was this selfless knowing.

Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

RCSaunders wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:06 pm

Human beings are not, "programmed," at all. True human beings, of which there are very few, are volitional beings who must consciously choose all they think and do.
Human beings cannot consciously choose all they think and do without first knowing they are consciously choosing all they think and do.

''Knowing'' is another word for consciousness. Knowing is to be conscious of some thing else.

To be conscious of something else, is to be in-formed. Therefore, all humans have been programmed, in other words in-formed.

In formed can only be known in relation to it's equal and opposite meaning, which is not in-form.

Only that which is in-form can be the cause of it's own knowing. And that which is KNOWN cannot know.. because that which is in-form can never not be not in-formed. Therefore, the whole of nature is a programme in one form or another.

In the same context, a radio can never know the source of it's music, because information is everywhere at once, and nowhere in particular, the same placeless place.

The belief that human beings have free will...is a myth.

If free will in humans was real...then just try willing yourself not to exist, without actually killing yourself in the physical context. You will not be able to inform yourself that you have died by Killing yourself in the physical context...you see, you simply cannot die, or live, except as information...a programme.

In formation is in visible.

owl of Minerva

Post by owl of Minerva »

By Veritas Acquitas:

“Btw, humanity has already been tackling evil and establishing strategies [non-theistic] to overcome evil long ago but they are not very effective because they are based on a 'black-box' approach rather than addressing the root causes. “

…………………………………………………………

By owl of Minerva:

Now that I know that this addresses a problem in philosophy {not a spoof} I will address it seriously. I have read with respect and attention your post. I reject programming in the universal sense; that anything, a deity or an algorithm programed humans initially. Evolution seen differently; as emergent from what was already there from the beginning not programed with either relative good or evil which result from immersion in nature; the effect of environment, which realistically does program. It leaves grooves in the brain, reinforced by action, which can be compared to algorithms.

The Adam and Eve story sounds silly. But if we analysis it to imply that initially there was a positive {Adam} force which had a rib {rib means vibration} taken from its side {Eve} there are now two forces and consequently a neutral force; the space between their polarity. Why did this happen is the question. We can believe or disbelieve in a deity {whose motive will always be obscure} to human reason or we can believe it as something that just happened. If a compassionate deity allowed it, allowing the weak force to become nature, with the three: strong, neutral and weak forces animating it from within saw the consequences, the programming and hardships that would follow, then it would have to be a projection or a dream.

A real or a compassionate deity would not make it real other than perception which is real enough. If there is a payoff at the end, fully conscious entities who find themselves in reality at the center of the universe as Leonardo and Hildegarde perceived it, maybe we could accept that: an ordeal whose end purpose justified it. That may be speculation and all that can realistically be done about motive and God. What is clear is to have a cosmos there has to be dual forces. It has to be either dual and relative or non-dual and absolute. There does not appear to be any other way. Maybe dual and all good but that is not dual it is absolute so why bother if there is already an absolute and even if there is not, once we have dual forces the rest follows.

To move on to the other ways evil is viewed: They all rest on the nature of reality. Good and Evil as a the result of dual forces. Abssolute {one} good or neutral force becomes relative. It may be good to lie in one instance; to save someone, and evil to lie in another instance; to harm someone. So evil is also relative. There are no absolutes in the relatives of duality. They are case specific.

The Manichaeans dualism rightly saw good and evil as the nature of reality: dual forces. They saw this not as a dream or play of a deity but something that was out of the deity’s control. The Neoplatonist approach is more realistic: Evil as the privation of substance: the weak force. In nature it leads to dissolution after a period of time. In humans it leads to choosing wrong over right in whatever situation they find themselves in where one of the other is the only choice. To kill or not to kill, to betray or not to, to undermine and destroy a rival or not to, etc.

So natural evils; Evil and God; Evil Skepticism etc. would take a book to address. One can be addressed here, Nietzsche’s attack on Evil Concept as a having a negative effect on human potential and vitality by promoting the weak in spirit. Energy is conserved, not created or destroyed. So the question becomes who has the most conserved energy; the person who uses human potential and vitality to succumb to evil or the person who uses human potential and vitality to resist it?
Last edited by owl of Minerva on Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
owl of Minerva

Post by owl of Minerva »

Dontaskme wrote:

“On a vastly, grossly, massively over-polluted, over populated planet, every form of human depravity, ignorance, stupidity, criminality, lunacy, cruelty, brutality, vileness, venality, corruption, viciousness, idiocy, debasement, insanity, perversion, deviance, obsession, chicanery, wickedness, mendacity, madness, sickness and disease is not only predictable, it is inevitable.”
…………………………………………..

In response to the above. Maybe so, maybe not. That is a little defeatist but also realistic. Maybe we are dealing with absolutes, an outgoing force and a counterbalancing force at war with each other in a dual system that resulted from an initial rebellion. If not, at least it is clear we are subject to duality: A strong force; good, and a weak force: evil. All of the above you listed can be ascribed to human mendacity in one way or another. It appears we are losing the battle. I disagree that we are programmed with it. Plato said: Those who live in high places perish by fire and those who live in low places perish by water. We have inertia on one side and human lust for life on the other. Maybe the middle ground where we can make a choice is the solution. Aristotle’s Middle Way; negotiating a path between opposites, choosing good to rise above duality. There does not appear to be any other way out: no other exit.
Last edited by owl of Minerva on Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:52 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:06 pm

Human beings are not, "programmed," at all. True human beings, of which there are very few, are volitional beings who must consciously choose all they think and do.
Human beings cannot consciously choose all they think and do without first knowing they are consciously choosing all they think and do.
Of course not! One does not have to be conscious of anything but what one is presently choosing to make a conscious choice.
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:52 pm ''Knowing'' is another word for consciousness. Knowing is to be conscious of some thing else.
Of course not! Everything from six-eyed jumping spiders to elephants are conscious of things without knowing anything about what they are conscious of or that they are conscious.

Since the rest of what you said is based on two false premises, it's just wrong.[/quote]