What’s the best way to die?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

commonsense

What’s the best way to die?

Post by commonsense »

When you’re ready to die, what’s the best way to go?
Impenitent

Re: What’s the best way to die?

Post by Impenitent »

vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

We don't have anyone to question about this, but it's generally thought that a massive heart attack is the best way.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

A lethal dose of anaesthetic.
Walker

Post by Walker »

commonsense wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:04 pm When you’re ready to die, what’s the best way to go?
To be created in the image of God, implies that the created image of God, creates within the capacity of form.
(If you can say it plainer, please share).

That’s both the blessing and the curse of mankind, because the tendency in folks is to fiddle with everything perceivable.

For instance, folks fiddle with:
- memories (nostalgia),
- language (thus the variety),
- the way people communicate (voice, handwriting, internet ... formatting),
- the trees (finished forestry products),
- the animals (breeding),
- the weather (climate change litany),
- and even death (euthanasia, murder, suicide).

Right to very end, ego says, “I’m in control here, and by my choice I’ll determine when this body dies, or when that body dies.”

Because all must die, why not take the natural course? Au natural.

Dostoevsky said that a grand mal epileptic seizure is the most sublime experience, although he didn't say it exactly in those words.

A witness to the seizure would probably not reach that same conclusion.

A witness to death, looking at it from the outside, may also reach an erroneous conclusion, no matter how shocking death appears ... looking at it as an outside witness ... or thinking about it while filled with fear of suffering.
FlashDangerpants

Post by FlashDangerpants »

commonsense wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:04 pm When you’re ready to die, what’s the best way to go?
nobody ever suffered while dying of autoerotic asphyxiation, in fact they seem to enjoy it. it therfore stands to reason that all men should prioritise this death over all others

with the possible exception of massive crack cocaine overdose while penetrating a hooker (or being penetrated thereby, we aren't prudes at PN). i expect that one would come with good reviews if anyone were able to use trip advisor in the afterlife
Scott Mayers

Post by Scott Mayers »

There used to be this group on this topic because many who wanted to commit suicide were trying to determine this. I first learned of this when media reported on how some guy was using the forum to feign compassion but was exploiting those, especially the young, to die AND record it if possible. It was interpreted as encouraging snuff and the use of manipulation to encourage others to go through with it.

This and related cases were the cause and justification for some of the most intrusive laws post 9/11 for granting Canada's law enforcement a right to invade our privacy. Given the U.S. at the time was being exposed by Snowden regarding America spying on Americans, Canada immediately wanted to find some reason to forcefully overrule the concern of Canadians of the same concerns. But they needed cases that emotionally hit the general population in a way that made them appear to be demanding censorship for the sake of the 'victims' of such exploitation.

Here is one of the motivating cases and the one I was referring to above: Minnesota man sentenced for encouraging suicide online

See also the suicide of Amanda Todd case which further contributed to such roundabout ways to enhance law enforcement powers to legally spy on its citizens.

For more on the 'suicide' methods, see the wikipedia page on Suicide methods.

While the OP topic here is certainly asking a fair question anyone would ask, the reason you might want to look into those seeking suicidal methods is due specifically to the fact that no one wants to suffer and the suicidal, of course, would be most interested in answering this question for themselves.

Note when trying to do a Google search here in Canada, you get a warning with a help phone line. Then this one is listed: Suicide Methods - Google Groups. But warning,...this may trigger government intervention depending upon your country's laws. No doubt for me simply doing the search here in Canada may have already triggered agents of our law enforcement to check out what I'm looking at. So be aware that this topic, while rational, is contentious by many and is one of the major means of governments to seek ways to open legal channels of censorship law making.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Since the death of the human body seems to be somewhat of a permanent condition, it would seem to me that a difficult death would do more for the development of whatever life-force might continue on. Nobody ever learned anything significant from "easy."

People are ALWAYS looking for the easy way out, though...even in death. THIS is the difference between the few and the many. The few challenge themselves at every turn constantly learning. The many are sitting on the couch searching for any distraction available.

The culture of "easy" needs to be thrown out like yesterday's garbage. It's hard work and constant learning that creates success and contentment. After you die, you can do all the easy you want.
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

simplicity wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:02 pm
Since the death of the human body seems to be somewhat of a permanent condition, it would seem to me that a difficult death would do more for the development of whatever life-force might continue on. Nobody ever learned anything significant from "easy."
Why?
It could be the complete opposite?
If you were tortured to death over an extended period that might use up what life force you have in combating the pain.
WHereas a gentle death by aneasthetic might be exactly what you need to preserve your soul for passage to whatever the next step might be.

People are ALWAYS looking for the easy way out, though...even in death. THIS is the difference between the few and the many. The few challenge themselves at every turn constantly learning. The many are sitting on the couch searching for any distraction available.

The culture of "easy" needs to be thrown out like yesterday's garbage. It's hard work and constant learning that creates success and contentment. After you die, you can do all the easy you want.
Only stupid idiots would seek out a situation where their last moments on earth were being devastated with pain.
What would you have to "learn" by being tortured when you are gonna be dead?
:lol: :lol:
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

Belinda wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:53 pm A lethal dose of anaesthetic.
The only thing I would be regreting is that wonderful moment when you come round after the operation in the state of purple haze.
It's almost worth having surgery for. I loved it.
simplicity

Post by simplicity »

Sculptor wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:24 pm It could be the complete opposite?
If you were tortured to death over an extended period that might use up what life force you have in combating the pain.
Whereas a gentle death by aneasthetic might be exactly what you need to preserve your soul for passage to whatever the next step might be.
Could be.
Sculptor wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:24 pmOnly stupid idiots would seek out a situation where their last moments on earth were being devastated with pain.
What would you have to "learn" by being tortured when you are gonna be dead?
:lol: :lol:
I could write the inane drivel but I try to be somewhat original in my perspective so as to give monumental intellects such as yourself a reason to participate.
vegetariantaxidermy

Belinda wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:53 pm A lethal dose of anaesthetic.
For some reason I assumed the thread was referring to natural deaths :?
Of course anaesthetic would be the best by a mile. Anyone who's had surgery would know that.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Ready to meet God.
vegetariantaxidermy

Shame there is no 'vomit' emoji.