If a person works in a supermarket and is a Scream fan, are they a Scream fan as they work in a supermarket?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

trokanmariel

Re: If a person works in a supermarket and is a Scream fan, are they a Scream fan as they work in a supermarket?

Post by trokanmariel »

Veritas Aequitas wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:02 am
trokanmariel wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:28 pm If a person works in a supermarket and is a Scream fan, are they a Scream fan as they work in a supermarket? (Scream as in the Scream movies)
There are two main points here;
  • Fan: someone who admires and supports a person, sport, sports team, etc.:

Fanaticism (from the Latin adverb fānāticē [fren-fānāticus; enthusiastic, ecstatic; raging, fanatical, furious][1]) is a belief or behavior involving uncritical zeal or an obsessive enthusiasm.
Once a person is a fan of something or someone, that state is embedded in a neural algorithm in the brain 24 hours per day until it wears off. If it is a fuzzy state, that person would not be call a 'fan.'
So a scream-fan is a scream-fan as he work in a supermarket and wherever he is 24/7.

Note the following;
1. We have to take into account which element he is a fan of re the Scream-movie, e.g. a good horror movie or the psychology and killings within the movie, etc.
2. The next question is the degree of fanaticism a person is being a fan of whatever.
3. What is critical is also the psychological state [degree of sanity] of the fan with his fanaticism.

Typically, the fan will find every opportunity to talk about his fanaticism in the supermarket [perhaps to the annoyance of his colleagues].
At the extreme the scream-fan might be so fanatically influenced by the movie that [when triggered] he could kill someone while working in the supermarket.
While I was watching a Perri Nemiroff video on YouTube, which was a trailer reaction to the new Scream trailer, I was influenced as a fan of Scream's interior universe to have empathy, for the parts of the world that are under-represented
henry quirk

Re: If a person works in a supermarket and is a Scream fan, are they a Scream fan as they work in a supermarket?

Post by henry quirk »

trokanmariel wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:34 am
henry quirk wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:23 am
trokanmariel wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:03 pm

I mean the threads, not the thread-posters.
How can threads legislate?
I don't mean that the threads legislate, I just mean that within the legislators is the content of the threads
Oh, I get it now.

Hang 'em.