What is a human being?

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Jori

What is a human being?

Post by Jori »

Since I cannot find a section on philosophy of man, I posted this topic on general philosophical discussion. Before I define human, I must define living thing first:

1. Living thing - a complex but organized system composed of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, nucleic acids, and water that acquires uses, and converts materials form its environment, maintains its internal environment, responds to stimuli from its environment, grows, reproduces, and has the capacity to evolve.

2. Human being - a sentient 46-chromosome living thing with actual or potential rationality, morality, and spirituality

Do you think my definition of human is valid?

Re: What is a human being?

Post by Age »

Jori wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 6:05 am Since I cannot find a section on philosophy of man, I posted this topic on general philosophical discussion. Before I define human, I must define living thing first:

1. Living thing - a complex but organized system composed of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, nucleic acids, and water that acquires uses, and converts materials form its environment, maintains its internal environment, responds to stimuli from its environment, grows, reproduces, and has the capacity to evolve.

2. Human being - a sentient 46-chromosome living thing with actual or potential rationality, morality, and spirituality

Do you think my definition of human is valid?
Valid relative to 'what', exactly?
terryreynolds

Re: What is a human being?

Post by terryreynolds »

I also agree with you.
Thanks!