The Contradiction of Relativity

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: The Contradiction of Relativity

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:18 pm
Age wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:14 pm
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:37 pm

The point of truth is truth as truth is the means and the ends. Considering the premise of all being being interconnected "my truth" is just another expression of the one truth as "my truth" exists as a subset of the "one truth" considering the "one truth" (totality of being) contains within it all expressions of said truth.
This may be True. But, again, let us not forget that 'your truth' is NOT necessarily 'thee One ACTUAL Truth'.

When you able to distinguish between the two then you will be able to SEE the flaws within your own, so called, "truth/s".
And that is your truth as it is your perspective.
And what EXACTLY is 'my truth' here, supposedly?

Also, just because 'one's truth' is obviously 'their perspective', this has NO bearing on what I am pointing out and talking about here.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:18 pm Dually "my truth" as an extension of the "one truth" necessitates truth occurs in grades thus exists in a state of multiplicity.
So what?

Not until you can differentiate between 'thee One Truth' and ''your own truth'' you will NOT KNOW what IS ACTUALLY True and what are just falsehoods anyway.

Also, just because "your truth" might be an 'extension' of 'thee One Truth' this does NOT mean that "your truth" is actually True, Right, NOR Correct.
stevie

Post by stevie »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:56 pm If all is relative then this statement is relative.
Of course. But that is consistent and not a contradiction.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:29 am
Age wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:14 pm

This may be True. But, again, let us not forget that 'your truth' is NOT necessarily 'thee One ACTUAL Truth'.

When you able to distinguish between the two then you will be able to SEE the flaws within your own, so called, "truth/s".

Also, just because 'one's truth' is obviously 'their perspective', this has NO bearing on what I am pointing out and talking about here.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:18 pm Dually "my truth" as an extension of the "one truth" necessitates truth occurs in grades thus exists in a state of multiplicity.
So what?

Not until you can differentiate between 'thee One Truth' and ''your own truth'' you will NOT KNOW what IS ACTUALLY True and what are just falsehoods anyway.

Also, just because "your truth" might be an 'extension' of 'thee One Truth' this does NOT mean that "your truth" is actually True, Right, NOR Correct.
1. That my truth is not the one actual truth, ie you see the one actual truth thus in seeing it you see it from your perspective furthermore making it "yours".

2. If one differentiates between "thee One truth" and "your own truth", and both exist in the respect both are observed, then there are multiple truths thus not "One"...in this you contradict yourself.

3. As an extension of the one truth, my truth is True, right and correct because it exists as an extension of the one truth which is true, right and correct.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

stevie wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:17 am
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:56 pm If all is relative then this statement is relative.
If all is relative, including this statement being relative, then the statement is false under certain contexts therefore not all is relative.

Dually to state "if all is relative then this statement is relative" is to claim an unchanging absolute thus a contradiction occurs.

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:19 pm

So what?

1. That my truth is not the one actual truth, ie you see the one actual truth thus in seeing it you see it from your perspective furthermore making it "yours".
Your ASSUMPTION here is Wrong, again.

In fact you could not be more wrong here.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:19 pm 2. If one differentiates between "thee One truth" and "your own truth", and both exist in the respect both are observed, then there are multiple truths thus not "One"...in this you contradict yourself.
But I NEVER said this, NOR even thought this. So, I have NOT contradicted "myself" here, AT ALL. This is just ANOTHER ASSUMPTION, of yours, which, again, has NOTHING to do with what I have been talking about and referring to here.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:19 pm 3. As an extension of the one truth, my truth is True, right and correct because it exists as an extension of the one truth which is true, right and correct.
If you say and BELIEVE so, then 'it' MUST BE so, correct?

Either way you have completely and utterly MISSED my point. But this is just do the Fact that you have been ASSUMING things, before actually CLARIFYING things.

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:21 pm
If all is relative, including this statement being relative, then the statement is false under certain contexts therefore not all is relative.
Under what "certain contexts"?
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:21 pm Dually to state "if all is relative then this statement is relative" is to claim an unchanging absolute thus a contradiction occurs.
You are NOT SEEING things CLEARLY, FULLY and Correctly, YET.

In fact you are just saying things, which are not correct, in the hope that they 'marry in with' your already obtained and strongly held onto BELIEFS.

There is NO contradiction in what you said here. The contradiction is in your OEN INTERPRETATION of things. Which is Wrong, and Incorrect.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:09 pm

So what?

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:19 pm 2. If one differentiates between "thee One truth" and "your own truth", and both exist in the respect both are observed, then there are multiple truths thus not "One"...in this you contradict yourself.
But I NEVER said this, NOR even thought this. So, I have NOT contradicted "myself" here, AT ALL. This is just ANOTHER ASSUMPTION, of yours, which, again, has NOTHING to do with what I have been talking about and referring to here.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:19 pm 3. As an extension of the one truth, my truth is True, right and correct because it exists as an extension of the one truth which is true, right and correct.

Either way you have completely and utterly MISSED my point. But this is just do the Fact that you have been ASSUMING things, before actually CLARIFYING things.
1. You see the one truth from your perspective thus it is your truth. You cannot see the whole truth otherwise you would be omniscient and you are not.

2. You said there is "One truth" and "your own truth" thus two truths exist.

3. You are assuming I am assuming as you have no proof I am assuming anything...me assuming things is your perspective.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:16 pm

Under what "certain contexts"?
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:21 pm Dually to state "if all is relative then this statement is relative" is to claim an unchanging absolute thus a contradiction occurs.
You are NOT SEEING things CLEARLY, FULLY and Correctly, YET.

In fact you are just saying things, which are not correct, in the hope that they 'marry in with' your already obtained and strongly held onto BELIEFS.

There is NO contradiction in what you said here. The contradiction is in your OEN INTERPRETATION of things. Which is Wrong, and Incorrect.
1. Under the context of "All" as "all" is not clarified. It may be "all of x", "all of y" or "all of being". Even under the premise of "all of being is relative" it means that facets of the one being only exist under certain contexts and as existing under these certain contexts it makes these relations absolute given x can only occur with y or z. As making these specific contexts as absolute, in the respect facets of the one reality can only exist under certain contexts, the relations which form these phenomenon are constant thus not relative in the respect the unchanging context through which a phenomenon occurs is part of the phenomenon itself thus is not relative.

The relation of 1 and 1 resulting in 2 necessitates certain context remain constant and unchanging. These constant contexts through which a phenomenon may occur necessitates "all is relative" as subject to "all of x" or "all of y" as not all of being is relative. Given certain phenomena exist through an unchanging context this necessitates x, y, or z as having the context through which they exist as part of there identity thus not a relation.

2. Stating all is relative including this statement being relative means the statement is falsifiable under a new context. This new context may be "all of x" is relative, ie arithmetic with 1+1=2 being relative in the respect 1 is relative to itself under a new context of 2, or "all of x is relative but y is not relative", ie "y" being the number line as an individual entity not being relative to anything other than itself. "All" of a specific group of phenomenon may in fact be non relative such as the aforementioned number line or the observer observing himself or the "totality of the universe...these things are independent of the change relativity produces

3. You are not falsifying anything I said but rather just making the assertion that I am wrong with no justification behind it. You are the one projecting your beliefs and assumptions...contradictions exist because all phenomenon exist in contrast to what they are not.
stevie

Post by stevie »

No, it is only "relatively false" under certain contexts. It is just that "relatively true" and "relatively false" are not absolutely true opposites.
Only if you don't recognize that the statement "if all is relative then this statement is relative" again is relative because it is included in "all".

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:01 am

1. You see the one truth from your perspective
But I do NOT. This is just what you are ASSUMING and/or BELIEVING is true.

After all the amount of time I have been here in this forum 'you', posters, still have NOT YET caught onto what I have been POINTING OUT and SAYING.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:01 am thus it is your truth. You cannot see the whole truth otherwise you would be omniscient and you are not.
LOL If only 'you' KNEW.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:01 am 2. You said there is "One truth" and "your own truth" thus two truths exist.
WHY, because I said so? Or, because it is ACTUALLY true?
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:01 am 3. You are assuming I am assuming as you have no proof I am assuming anything...me assuming things is your perspective.
If you are not assuming, then what are you doing?

And, this appears to be contradicting your previous claims that everything is an assumption.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

stevie wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:37 am

No, it is only "relatively false" under certain contexts. It is just that "relatively true" and "relatively false" are not absolutely true opposites.
Only if you don't recognize that the statement "if all is relative then this statement is relative" again is relative because it is included in "all".
1. If it is relatively false under certain contexts, ie "all is relative", then under said contexts not all is relative therefore absolutes exist. If it is false under certain contexts then it is always false under said contexts as said contexts are certain. Falseness under certain contexts means it is always false under those contexts therefore absolutes exist.

2. "All is relative then this statement is relative" means all is relative thus relativity is an absolute as it is unchanging and constant through the context of "all". "All" as everything past, present and future is unchanging as it is a totality of being. Change necessitates multiplicity as one thing progresses to another, totality through the phenomenon of "all" necessitates unity as a singular unchanging being as there is no progression because there is not multiplicity.
Last edited by Eodnhoj7 on Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eodnhoj7

Post by Eodnhoj7 »

Age wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:39 am

After all the amount of time I have been here in this forum 'you', posters, still have NOT YET caught onto what I have been POINTING OUT and SAYING.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:01 am thus it is your truth. You cannot see the whole truth otherwise you would be omniscient and you are not.
LOL If only 'you' KNEW.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:01 am 2. You said there is "One truth" and "your own truth" thus two truths exist.
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:01 am 3. You are assuming I am assuming as you have no proof I am assuming anything...me assuming things is your perspective.

And, this appears to be contradicting your previous claims that everything is an assumption.
1. You have yet to prove you do not see truth from your angle of awareness...as existing in time and space you see truth from a specific angle. You exist in time and space in the respect you interact with other beings, ie "us", which exist in time and space. You make an action we respond, you then respond to our responses...thus you exist in time and space through your relations with us.

2. If you where omniscient you would be able to convey your truths in a manner we would understand and be able to agree upon, unless you do not intend to be fully agreed with thus you must respect the differences in observations of others as to expect disagreement is to automatically give legitimacy to opposing viewpoints. To give legitimacy to opposing viewpoints is to accept all things as having a degree of truth in them.

3. Knowing is the tying together of assumptions, it is a relationship of assumptions thus "knowing" is "relations". This is an assumption with an assumption being that which imprints itself upon a phenomenon...to assume is to be imprinted. To be imprinted by the relationships of phenomenon is to know. We all assume as we are all imprinted, thus assumption is not a negative thing always. We "know" through what we assume.

Post by Age »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:56 pm
Age wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:39 am

LOL If only 'you' KNEW.

1. You have yet to prove you do not see truth from your angle of awareness...as existing in time and space you see truth from a specific angle. You exist in time and space in the respect you interact with other beings, ie "us", which exist in time and space. You make an action we respond, you then respond to our responses...thus you exist in time and space through your relations with us.

2. If you where omniscient you would be able to convey your truths in a manner we would understand and be able to agree upon, unless you do not intend to be fully agreed with thus you must respect the differences in observations of others as to expect disagreement is to automatically give legitimacy to opposing viewpoints. To give legitimacy to opposing viewpoints is to accept all things as having a degree of truth in them.

3. Knowing is the tying together of assumptions, it is a relationship of assumptions thus "knowing" is "relations". This is an assumption with an assumption being that which imprints itself upon a phenomenon...to assume is to be imprinted. To be imprinted by the relationships of phenomenon is to know. We all assume as we are all imprinted, thus assumption is not a negative thing always. We "know" through what we assume.
If you say so, but while you continue to make ASSUMPTIONS, and JUMP to conclusions, BEFORE you CLARIFY what 'it' is that I am actually saying and meaning you will continue having those Wrong ASSUMPTIONS and those opposing and conflicting views with "other" human beings.
stevie

Post by stevie »

Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:48 pm
stevie wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:37 am

1. If it is relatively false under certain contexts, ie "all is relative", then under said contexts not all is relative therefore absolutes exist.
No. If it is said that it is relatively false under certain contexts then this statement again is relative. So all is relative and saying "So all is relative." again is relative and saying ... infinite regress. If you make a statement about "all" then any subsequent statement about anything is again included in "all".
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:48 pm If it is false under certain contexts then it is always false under said contexts as said contexts are certain. Falseness under certain contexts means it is always false under those contexts therefore absolutes exist.
No. If it is said that it is relatively false under certain contexts then this statement again is relative. And saying "then it is always false under said contexts as said contexts are certain" is again relative. So all is relative and saying "So all is relative." again is relative and saying ... infinite regress. If you make a statement about "all" then any subsequent statement about anything is again included in "all".

Your fault is that you are desiring a final conclusion that isn't relative and you are erroneously thinking that your desire disproves "all is relative".
Eodnhoj7 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:48 pm 2. "All is relative then this statement is relative" means all is relative thus relativity is an absolute as it is unchanging and constant through the context of "all". "All" as everything past, present and future is unchanging as it is a totality of being. Change necessitates multiplicity as one thing progresses to another, totality through the phenomenon of "all" necessitates unity as a singular unchanging being as there is no progression because there is not multiplicity.
Oh my. Now you're trying to establish a metaphysical absolute truth about the statement "all is relative" :roll:
Last edited by stevie on Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

stevie wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:34 am Oh my. Now you're trying to establish a metaphysical absolute truth when all is relative :roll:
"ALL is relative." is an absolute statement.

Key word "ALL".
Last edited by Skepdick on Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:51 am, edited 2 times in total.