Christianity

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Alexis Jacobi

Re: Christianity

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

“Pagan blood is returning, the Gospel is past, I am leaving Europe, I will swim, tear out grass, hunt, smoke, drink liquors as strong as boiling metal … be saved.”
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:33 pm
“Pagan blood is returning, the Gospel is past, I am leaving Europe, I will swim, tear out grass, hunt, smoke, drink liquors as strong as boiling metal … be saved.”
Have you been drinking? :|
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Might that help?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:45 pm Might that help?
I suppose it might help to explain some of your behaviour.

Post by Age »

iambiguous wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:52 pm Armed Woman Kills 6 in Nashville School
The six victims included three children and three adults, the authorities said, and the shooter was killed by police officers who responded to the scene.
new york times

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2023/03/27 ... ant-school

How can something like this not be particularly hard to square with a loving, just and merciful God's "mysterious ways"?
'you' REALLY DO HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA here do 'you' "iambiguous"?

By the way, 'God's ways' are ONLY so-called 'mysteries' to 'those' like 'you', "iambiguous".

God's ACTUAL 'ways' are NOT 'mysterious' AT ALL, well NOT to us anyway.

Now, WHY 'you', human beings, DO what 'you' DO, like above, and do NOT DO other 'things', is also ALREADY fULLY KNOWN, which, by the way, most of are NOT God's way, AT ALL.
iambiguous wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:52 pm :idea: More in sync perhaps with henry quirk's Deist God than with Immanuel Can's Christian God.
BOTH of these so-called God's could NOT be MORE FURTHER AWAY FROM the ACTUAL God, Itself.

That 'behavior' above is NOT in sync AT ALL with thee One and ONLY God, except as it is a SIGN of just how Wrong and DISTORTED 'that world' IS, and WAS, WHEN 'that' was happening.
iambiguous wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:52 pm By the way, where are these two prolific posters of late? IC was here [at PN] today, but he hasn't posted since march 11. And the last time henry was here at all was february 2nd.
Have you messaged 'them' DIRECTLY, and ASKED 'them'?
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

iambiguous wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:52 pmBy the way, where are these two prolific posters of late? IC was here [at PN] today, but he hasn't posted since march 11. And the last time Henry was here at all was February 2nd.
Satan prevailed. The pearls are no longer cast before the swine.

I recall that it was at this post that my more or less open position (in respect to Evangelism) shifted.

“Death by many gummings.”
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Age wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:25 am
iambiguous wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:52 pm Armed Woman Kills 6 in Nashville School
The six victims included three children and three adults, the authorities said, and the shooter was killed by police officers who responded to the scene.
new york times

How can something like this not be particularly hard to square with a loving, just and merciful God's "mysterious ways"?

By the way, 'God's ways' are ONLY so-called 'mysteries' to 'those' like 'you', "iambiguous".

Now, WHY 'you', human beings, DO what 'you' DO, like above, and do NOT DO other 'things', is also ALREADY fULLY KNOWN, which, by the way, most of are NOT God's way, AT ALL.
iambiguous wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:52 pm :idea: More in sync perhaps with henry quirk's Deist God than with Immanuel Can's Christian God.
BOTH of these so-called God's could NOT be MORE FURTHER AWAY FROM the ACTUAL God, Itself.

That 'behavior' above is NOT in sync AT ALL with thee One and ONLY God, except as it is a SIGN of just how Wrong and DISTORTED 'that world' IS, and WAS, WHEN 'that' was happening.
iambiguous wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:52 pm By the way, where are these two prolific posters of late? IC was here [at PN] today, but he hasn't posted since march 11. And the last time henry was here at all was february 2nd.
Note to others:

Seriously though, in your opinion, is Age afflicted with one or another "condition" or is he/she really, really on to SOMETHING here that all PHILOSOPHERS are well advised to consider.

If the latter, please link me to a few of his/her most profound insights.

I'll apologize if necessary.
seeds

Post by seeds »

iambiguous wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:32 pm
Age wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:25 am
new york times

Note to others:

Seriously though, in your opinion, is Age afflicted with one or another "condition" or is he/she really, really on to SOMETHING here that all PHILOSOPHERS are well advised to consider.

If the latter, please link me to a few of his/her most profound insights.

I'll apologize if necessary.
First you have to determine who (or what) it is you are actually conversing with.

Is it a human?...

...Or...

...is it the "channeled" entity who claims to have helped inspire the writing of the Bible as was proclaimed in this post here by Age (aka, ken)...
ken [aka, Age] wrote:

"...This impatience comes out and through the one, which I am using, who is writing this. This is a bit like how the ones, I used who wrote the bible, misinterpreted what I was actually trans and in spiring to them, which obviously has caused a lot of confusion. Now I found another human being who I can use to share things..."
_______
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

If one is surrounded by lunatics, and yet one remains, does that mean? —

Oh shit! I’m blocking that thought!
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

seeds wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:10 pm
First you have to determine who (or what) it is you are actually conversing with.

Is it a human?...

...Or...

...is it the "channeled" entity who claims to have helped inspire the writing of the Bible as was proclaimed in this post here by Age (aka, ken)...
ken [aka, Age] wrote:

"...This impatience comes out and through the one, which I am using, who is writing this. This is a bit like how the ones, I used who wrote the bible, misinterpreted what I was actually trans and in spiring to them, which obviously has caused a lot of confusion. Now I found another human being who I can use to share things..."
_______
Have I understood this properly? Age thinks he is a sort of conduit for God. :?
seeds

Post by seeds »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:14 pm If one is surrounded by lunatics, and yet one remains, does that mean? —

Oh shit! I’m blocking that thought!
And where, precisely, could you go where you (and they) wouldn't be surrounded by lunatics?

The mirror can indeed be a brutal mistress.
_______
seeds

Post by seeds »

Harbal wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:28 pm
seeds wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:10 pm

Is it a human?...

...Or...

ken [aka, Age] wrote:

_______
Have I understood this properly? Age thinks he is a sort of conduit for God. :?
To understand it properly would be to assume that whatever "it" is that is using Age/ken as a conduit through-which to speak to us "...in the times when this is being written..." was apparently around (and up to the same shenanigans) in the times when the Bible was being written.

Now, as to the question of whether or not this enigmatic (channeled) entity is God, then I would suggest that it is highly unlikely that the Creator of the billions of galaxies of this universe could be so incredibly ignorant and annoying.

However, unless you enjoy being drawn into an endless labyrinth of verbal twists and turns that will lead you to nowhere, then whatever you do, don't ask the "entity" to explain itself.
_______
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

seeds wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:15 pm …then I would suggest that it is highly unlikely that the Creator of the billions of galaxies of this universe could be so incredibly ignorant and annoying.
Oh shit! Another thought to be blocked …
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

seeds wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:15 pm
To understand it properly would be to assume that whatever "it" is that is using Age/ken as a conduit through-which to speak to us "...in the times when this is being written..." was apparently around (and up to the same shenanigans) in the times when the Bible was being written.

Now, as to the question of whether or not this enigmatic (channeled) entity is God, then I would suggest that it is highly unlikely that the Creator of the billions of galaxies of this universe could be so incredibly ignorant and annoying.

However, unless you enjoy being drawn into an endless labyrinth of verbal twists and turns that will lead you to nowhere, then whatever you do, don't ask the "entity" to explain itself.
_______
Thank you. This explains one or two things that were hitherto puzzling me. :)
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Here, things are revving up for Holy Week which is a pretty big deal here still.