Christianity

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Alexis Jacobi

Re: Christianity

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Is there any topic you startling intellects can take seriously?

Good Lord!
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:10 pm A smart commentary on Gilder’s Sexual Suicide.
The value of the 1973 writing is still great, partly because it demonstrates that before the sexual revolution had "won" our society, a thoughtful sociologist could predict accurately what would be the consequences of women giving men the opportunity to sexually use them outside of marriage:

1. One MAJOR reason males married was to have a sex life. Post-Sexual Revolution, marriage becomes unnecessary to have sex,

2. So women find it difficult to find men to marry. They become increasingly willing to settle for a live-in boyfriend or a series of one-night stands.

3. The live-in boyfriend is far more likely to sexually or physically abuse his girlfriend's children than would be their own father. (The emotional and physical consequences of this abuse are immense.)

3. Children born to single mothers must either be given up in adoption (which is now rarely done), or the mother must try to go it alone financially. Especially if the mother is not through school, she will have great difficulty getting enough education to make an adequate income. She and her children often live in poverty.

4. Poverty often means attending sub-adequate school systems, and see undesirable examples of choices in the neighborhood around them.

5. Because young males need not take responsibility for their offspring and the women whom they sexually use, they fail to develop the sense of responsibility of the married. I.e., they drive less sanely than does the man with a wife and child in the car with him. They take risks that they believe will "only hurt themselves." They live for themselves, or for the gang. (Have you noticed the different rates on insurance for the married vs. single men? Insurance companies have reasons for their rates!)

6. As a result, young males are more likely to end up in prison or dead, especially if the person in question has had no father in HIS home of origin, either.

7. Prisons explode at the seams, and the whole of society pays, with increased crime, and increased expenses of police, courts, prisons, etc.

And THIS was published in 1973! If you are less than perhaps 50 years of age, you likely don't remember a time before sex outside of marriage became the social norm. I was born in 1951: I've watched as Gilder's words have become so, so true.
Sounds like a good argument in favour of homosexuality, doesn't it?
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Harbal wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:15 pmSounds like a good argument in favour of homosexuality, doesn't it?
Why did I not see this?!? I’ve revised my distorted opinion of you. Pure genius!

Gary, what do you think? Might Harbal’s reasonably attractive fanny substitute for the loving companionship of a woman?

The pump is primed. Just jack the lever.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:59 pm My purposes involve cultural critique and idea warfare.
Warfare? So you have destructive tendencies and no impulse to change them. Great. :roll:
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:27 pm
Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:59 pm My purposes involve cultural critique and idea warfare.
Warfare? So you have destructive tendencies and no impulse to change them. Great. :roll:
You misunderstand. We are in cultural wars, and indeed global conflicts. Our own governments wage wars on various levels against us. And resistance-wars are also conducted.

Gary, what planet are you living on? Do you have any consciousness of what is going on around you?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:27 pm Warfare? So you have destructive tendencies and no impulse to change them. Great. :roll:
General Jacobi doesn't have an army, though, and his recruitmant campaign isn't going as well as he had hoped, so I don't think we need worry too much, Gary. :wink:
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:09 pm To Alexis Jacobi...

You might get along with most here if you didn't try to lord yourself over everyone else as some kind of superior intellect. Has it ever occurred to you that all this knowledge you claim to possess may perhaps be of no more use than anyone else's knowledge?
That's a good point, Gary. My guess is that A.J. cares more about serving and feeding the insatiable appetite of his ego/identity. That's why he's continually and excessively jacking off on this stage, even as he rants about the sexual practices of others... and he remains oblivious to his own demented and deviant practices.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:54 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:27 pm
You misunderstand. We are in cultural wars, and indeed global conflicts. Our own governments wage wars on various levels against us. And resistance-wars are also conducted.

Gary, what planet are you living on? Do you have any consciousness of what is going on around you?
I'm sorry you see yourself in a war. I don't share that view. Please yourself.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:59 pmThat's a good point, Gary. My guess is that A.J. cares more about serving and feeding the insatiable appetite of his ego/identity. That's why he's continually and excessively jacking off on this stage, even as he rants about the sexual practices of others... and he remains oblivious to his own demented and deviant practices.
Ouch!

I'll have you know that sent me to the bathroom to sob for 20 minutes. "Cariño?" my wife asked over the running water to muffle my whimpers, "Is something that matter?"

"No! No! I'm fine. Just an allergic reaction" I lied.

You are cruel, mean-hearted people! I'm trying to DO GOOD!
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:03 pm I'm sorry you see yourself in a war. I don't share that view.
You don't share the opinion that I am at war (ideologically)? Or that we as a nation (and possibly numerous nations) are in states of warfare?
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:03 pmI'm sorry you see yourself in a war. I don't share that view. Please yourself.
Kshatriya (Hindi: क्षत्रिय) (from Sanskrit kṣatra, "rule, authority") is one of the four varna (social orders) of Hindu society, associated with warrior aristocracy. The Sanskrit term kṣatriyaḥ is used in the context of later Vedic society wherein members were organised into four classes: brahmin, kshatriya, vaishya and shudra.
See also Julius Evola:
''The fundamental principle underlying all justifications of war, from the point of view of human personality, is 'heroism.' War, it is said, offers man the opportunity to awaken the hero who sleeps within him. War breaks the routine of comfortable life; by means of its severe ordeals, it offers a transfiguring knowledge of life, life according to death. The moment the individual succeeds in living as a hero, even if it is the final moment of his earthly life, weighs infinitely more on the scale of values than a protracted existence spent consuming monotonously among the trivialities of cities. From a spiritual point of view, these possibilities make up for the negative and destructive tendencies of war, which are one-sidedly and tendentiously highlighted by pacifist materialism.''

"Evola argues that only the short sighted or prejudiced could attempt to claim that a warrior ruled order would lead to constant chaos, warfare, and an individuality crushing formalism. Rather, since a true warrior must possess a mastery of the self, a love for distance (solitude/individual freedom) and order, the ability to subordinate his passionate emotions to considered principles, and a sense of dignity devoid of vanity, a civilisation ruled by his caste would respect the individual, strive for peace, and create a society with depth and meaning—in contrast to the pure materialist societies that we inhabit, and which Evola sees as a degeneration from the spiritually fulfilling societies of the past."
War and warring can be taken on many different levels . . .

But so too the idea of hero.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:46 pm "Cariño?" my wife asked over the running water to muffle my whimpers,
I am surprised your wife isn't too preoccupied in lamenting her rather dull sex life to be worried about your troubles. :roll:
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:46 pm Ouch!

I'll have you know that sent me to the bathroom to sob for 20 minutes. "Cariño?" my wife asked over the running water to muffle my whimpers, "Is something that matter?"

"No! No! I'm fine. Just an allergic reaction" I lied.
:lol: :lol:
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Harbal wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:05 pm
Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:46 pm "Cariño?" my wife asked over the running water to muffle my whimpers,
I am surprised your wife isn't too preoccupied in lamenting her rather dull sex life to be worried about your troubles. :roll:
:lol: :lol: :lol: