Christianity

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Re: Christianity

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:52 pm
attofishpi wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:24 pm
Xianity only exists in the realm of people that disregard CHRIST. My Mum found it disrespectful and I find it disrespectful. X does not replace Christ in the term Christianity unless you are being a fuckwit.
I would say you are showing far more disrespect towards Belinda than she is towards Christ, Fishy. Not only that, Christ is long dead (if he were ever alive) and is beyond being offended, whereas Belinda still seems to be alive. Besides, why would Jesus mind being referred to as X?
"jesus" WOULD NOT and DOES NOT care, one IOTA, being referred to as 'x' "jesus" is bit more BIGGER than to be offended by some 'thing' as STUPID and as TRIVIAL as this.

Post by Age »

attofishpi wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:00 pm
Harbal wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:52 pm
attofishpi wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:24 pm
Xianity only exists in the realm of people that disregard CHRIST. My Mum found it disrespectful and I find it disrespectful. X does not replace Christ in the term Christianity unless you are being a fuckwit.
I would say you are showing far more disrespect towards Belinda than she is towards Christ, Fishy. Not only that, Christ is long dead (if he were ever alive) and is beyond being offended, whereas Belinda still seems to be alive. Besides, why would Jesus mind being referred to as X?
Really? Atheists are bloody idiots.
And "christians" are NOT, correct "attofishpi"?
attofishpi wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:00 pm Find an English dictionary where a search for xian or xianity comes up with a definition.
Find ANY dictionary, besides "attofishpi's" dictionary, where a search for 'wot', 'y', or ANY of the other personally spelled words that you use, comes up with a definition.
attofishpi wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:00 pm Can someone tell me everytime I read Xian or Xianity how in my head do I pronounce it to myself - it reads poorly, only a fuckwit atheist would think it sensible to write that way.
WHY would an adult human being RESORT to calling "other ones" names like 'fuckwit'?

Also, and by the way, if you REALLY NEED TO BE TOLD how to pronounce 'Xian', to, lol, "yourself", then just pronounce 'Xian' the SAME WAY you would pronounce 'Xmas', and say to "yourself" "attofishpi" "christian".

Now, do you NEED HELP with ANY 'thing' else here?
attofishpi wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:00 pm Hey Belinda, let's all talk about X. wow, so intellectual!
Or, let us ALL talk about 'Y' "attofishpi" is ACTING so STUPID here for.

Post by Age »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:30 pm Age, you are TOO WEIRD for me and this CAPS THING is frankly ANNOYING.

ATTO, you’ve GONE ROUND the BEND. Your EXPERIENCES are so completely subjective and indeed SOLIPSISTIC.

The two of you are BANGING ME on the head with a STICK OF WEIRDNESS.

When I think of YOU, the SAGE, and Jesus the CHRIST shooting pool — and AGE right there lecturing — my MIND SNAPS.

I am surrounded by LUNATICS and they are CLOSING IN!

Gaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
So, here we have ANOTHER example of ANOTHER one who BELIEVES that 'its' OWN views and beliefs are absolutely RIGHT and GOOD, and thus NOT WEIRD AT ALL. YET 'its' OWN WORDS PROVE OTHERWISE.

BUT, BECAUSE 'it' WILL NOT DISCUSS 'things' with me, BECAUSE 'I' am TOO WEIRD for 'it', this just PROVES how CLOSED or NON INTERESTED 'it' IS to LEARN MORE and/or ANEW. Which is REALLY just ANOTHER SIGN or FURTHER PROOF of what being a so-called "christian" IS, EXACTLY, like. That is; one REMAINING, ONLY, in 'its' OWN 'ism'.

By the way, IF you REALLY find this CAPS THING REALLY ANNOYING, WHY then did you COPY me and the WAY I WRITE here?

At least I can BETTER SEE the WORDS that you want to emphasize. Which, I WOULD QUESTION you ABOUT, that is; IF 'you' were NOT SO CLOSED OFF to your OWN BELIEFS of 'things' here "alexis jacobi".
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:30 pm When I think of YOU, the SAGE, and Jesus the CHRIST shooting pool — my MIND SNAPS.

I am surrounded by LUNATICS and they are CLOSING IN!

Gaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
Yes, what strange lunacy is to think of Jesus as being among us, down to Earth and willing to have a game of pool!

There is nothing weird about that, just not what people would tend to think. Let's face it some people believe heaven to be some other place, a big fluffy cloud for example! ..and my consideration is the one you consider lunacy...ridiculous!
Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith »

We should give Pepe his phone

"Give Pepe his phone" whined Paula. "No can do Paula. He cheats. What if he gets caught, like last time?" Kevin responded angrily. "I know this sounds crazy, about 1 in a million odds of happening, but what if there's an emergency? His mom's not keepin' well and he might be needed or, worst comes to worst, informed!" Paula opined. "You're right. We should give Pepe his phone", Kevin concurred. "He also has to call aunt Jane, remember?" Paula doubled the stakes.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

I admit that there are many different layers of potential meaning in this image, and a good deal potentially ironic, and rather devilish really, but again it seems to function because one must imagine what he is saying, and how the encounter came about, rather than if one could click it and listen to the dialogue.

Oddly (so it seems to me) while I read this photo as almost sarcastic there are some out in the Chris-- oops -- the Xristian world who take it at face value.

The Spirit was near, thank Heavens.
phyllo

Post by phyllo »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:47 pm I admit that there are many different layers of potential meaning in this image, and a good deal potentially ironic, and rather devilish really, but again it seems to function because one must imagine what he is saying, and how the encounter came about, rather than if one could click it and listen to the dialogue.

Oddly (so it seems to me) while I read this photo as almost sarcastic there are some out in the Chris-- oops -- the Xristian world who take it at face value.

It seems like a perfectly reasonable picture.

Why wouldn't Jesus talk to a Nazi soldier?

(Yeah, I get that Jesus is carrying the guys rifle and pack.)
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

phyllo wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:04 pm
Alexis Jacobi wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:47 pm I admit that there are many different layers of potential meaning in this image, and a good deal potentially ironic, and rather devilish really, but again it seems to function because one must imagine what he is saying, and how the encounter came about, rather than if one could click it and listen to the dialogue.

It seems like a perfectly reasonable picture.

Why wouldn't Jesus talk to a Nazi soldier?

(Yeah, I get that Jesus is carrying the guys rifle and pack.)
Oh? That's supposed to be Jesus? ...idiots.
Last edited by attofishpi on Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Agent Smith wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:47 am We should give Pepe his phone

"Give Pepe his phone" whined Paula. "No can do Paula. He cheats. What if he gets caught, like last time?" Kevin responded angrily. "I know this sounds crazy, about 1 in a million odds of happening, but what if there's an emergency? His mom's not keepin' well and he might be needed or, worst comes to worst, informed!" Paula opined. "You're right. We should give Pepe his phone", Kevin concurred. "He also has to call aunt Jane, remember?" Paula doubled the stakes.
Where can I buy the whole book?
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:30 pm I became curious when thinking on Atto’s question Is anyone going to talk about Jesus the Christ? about what, precisely Jesus the Christ himself would talk about were he a forum participant. Or were he ‘returned’ and reincarnate on Earth.

Yet there should be no reason why Jesus the Christ should not speak, should not proffer opinions (that could only be pronouncements of course), should not take sides, should not declare.
So if Jesus the Christ is of God, where is he Jacobi?

Not on Earth having company with sages? Popping out for a meal at a restaurant? Being challenged for a game of pool?

Where is the lunacy in that if his existence was real..surely it still is?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

What's the point of imagining a meaning; Where's that going to get you?

Unless it's one of those, who can think of the funniest caption, thingies.
seeds

Post by seeds »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:47 pm I admit that there are many different layers of potential meaning in this image,...

Okay then, PN asylum patient Alexis Jacobi.

Now (and keeping in mind that there are no right or wrong answers in this test), what do you see when you look at this image?...

_______
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:29 pm So if Jesus the Christ is of God, where is he Jacobi?

Not on Earth having company with sages? Popping out for a meal at a restaurant? Being challenged for a game of pool?

Where is the lunacy in that if his existence was real..surely it still is?
Most Esteemed Atto. I will try to provide an answer however I am pretty sure you are not in the *get an answer* frame of mind.

I doubt you have read anything I have written. Still, what I say is that Jesus, Krishna, any image of god, and all concepts about god, are simply conceptual organizations that we (conceptualizing humans) interpose between ourselves (extremely limited beings reasoning through a flesh instrument) and something that is utterly beyond explication: Existence. I use the Sanskrit term (*sat*: being, existence) to refer to that.

Our conceptions are not 'reality'. Our stories are not realities. One has to determine what the story means in order to understand why the portrayal, the picture, has been fabricated.

So, your next question may be: "OK, but how do you explain all the experiences I have had which to me are undeniably real?!"

That is a complex question. It is tough to begin an answer. And to do so I have to start with metaphors. The metaphor most of use is Plato's Cave. What we *see* is a subjective projection. So what Atto has seen, and experienced, is a subjective view, story, interpretation of mysterious (but not unreal and not unimportant) inner experiences.

What you perceive, and what I perceive (having had my own experiences) is something very hard to define. But it arises in us and is a part of us.

What took you on all those strange and painful journeys? Call it what you will. Give it whatever name you will. But I call it The Self.

Through such a concept I am enabled to understand the experiences of so many people and also to discern 'value & meaning' as it is manifest between different traditions. In a sense I reject all Stories -- they are all ridiculous embellishments -- and yet won't dismiss any one of them nor necessarily set one up against another.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

seeds wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:10 pm Okay then, PN asylum patient Alexis Jacobi.
No, NO! I am the doctor here!

Do you have a Ten Week Psychological Recovery Email Program?!?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:45 pm
No, NO! I am the doctor here!
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it's probably a duck.

Quack.