Christianity

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Harry Baird

Re: Christianity

Post by Harry Baird »

Yeah, dude(tte), whatever. I'm not interested in arguing your delusion beliefs with you. Nor am I interested in your attempts to impose your delusion beliefs upon me. I'll go back to ignoring you like pretty much everybody else does.

Post by Age »

Harry Baird wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:52 am Yeah, dude(tte), whatever. I'm not interested in arguing your delusion beliefs with you. Nor am I interested in your attempts to impose your delusion beliefs upon me. I'll go back to ignoring you like pretty much everybody else does.
GREAT.

Here we have ANOTHER ONE who LOVES to make CLAIMS, based on their OWN BELIEFS, but WHEN CHALLENGED and QUESTIONED on those CLAIMS and BELIEFS is completely AND utterly UNABLE to back up and support 'them', and then just LEAVES. HOPING NO one SEES what they ACTUALLY DID here.

The CONTRADICTIONS in YOUR BELIEFS "harry baird" are as BLATANTLY OBVIOUS as the CONTRADICTIONS in "immanuel can's" BELIEFS. So, 'you' two are as INCONSISTENT, and as SCARED, as EACH OTHER. BUT, being AS CLOSED as 'you' ACTUALLY ARE, LEAVING is YOUR ONLY OPTION here now. You, OBVIOUSLY, can NOT back up YOUR CLAIMS and just AS OBVIOUS is the Fact that you can NOT SEE the CONTRADICTIONS you MAKE.

Now, if ANY one else here who thinks or BELIEVES that the words in the bible about the 'afterlife', 'hell', 'sinning', and/or 'being tormented or tortured for eternity' is in reference to 'you', individually or personally, and you would like to have a DISCUSSION about ANY of this, and you do NOT want to just 'try to' just argue or fight for your OWN POSITION, and you are NOT SCARED, then I would LOVE to have a Truly OPEN and Honest DISCUSSION, with 'you'.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

WHEN, and IF, 'you' REACH the HIGHER LEVEL, which is being referred to here, then 'you' WILL SEE and KNOW what I am TALKING ABOUT here.
For some reason I am considered one of "you humans" while you consider yourself a higher quality of being and something special. This reminds me of a person who had mind blowing experiences through drugs and tries to interpret them from lower reason. This is very dangerous for your being and best avoided for your own sake. You don't want t hear it but you need to experience humility.

"Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble." Einstein

If an intelligent man of science can feel humility, why can't you and profit from the experience?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Harry Baird to Age wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:52 am Yeah, dude(tte), whatever. I'm not interested in arguing your delusion beliefs with you. Nor am I interested in your attempts to impose your delusion beliefs upon me. I'll go back to ignoring you like pretty much everybody else does.
Yep. His communication is consistently full of distortions and misunderstandings he creates about eVeRyOnE. All the while, he talks down to people as 'you humans'. He seemed to get worse after he stopped identifying as 'Ken' years ago and ramped up his tactic of turning people's words back on them as if that was somehow clever or applicable rather than just childish and misunderstood. I've been ignoring what he says for a long time... but sometimes it's interesting to see how other people respond to him.
Harry Baird

Post by Harry Baird »

[Post deleted.]
Last edited by Harry Baird on Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Why must secularism hate Christianity?
John 15:18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.
Why did secularism or belief in the superiority of society (the great beast) kill Jesus? Why did the Great Beast kill Socrates? What did they understand that was such a threat to secularism? Is the devolution of Christianity into Christendom still hated in the world and even on philosophy sites?
Henri Nouman - "To whom do we belong? This is the core question of the spiritual life. Do we belong to the world, its worries, its people and its endless chain of urgencies and emergencies, or do we belong to God and God's people.
How is one to know?
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

seeds wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:51 pm
Thanks for that. Talking about these things is a necessary next step in the present conversation. As would be finding a mate for Yahweh . . .

Meantime, I’m struggling to finish my screenplay The Postmodern Vagina That Swallowed Modernity.

Give me a few days please.

Post by Age »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:23 pm Age
WHEN, and IF, 'you' REACH the HIGHER LEVEL, which is being referred to here, then 'you' WILL SEE and KNOW what I am TALKING ABOUT here.
For some reason I am considered one of "you humans" while you consider yourself a higher quality of being and something special.
This is ABSOLUTELY NOT True AT ALL.

'you', "nick_a" AND "age", are BOTH names/label placed ON and TO individual human beings.

The letter AND word 'I' (and capital 'I') refers to THAT Thing, which is labeled AND KNOWN as Spirit, by some, Allah, in the koran, God, in the bible, AND Enlightenment, by others.

This 'I', by the way, is the one also referred to IN the question, 'Who am 'I'?' IS, literally 'at the absolute 'heart' or 'center' of Everything, and thus is also WITHIN absolutely EVERY 'thing', is thee One, which does NOT just IN-SPIRE 'me', but which HAS BEEN IN-SPIRING EVERY one, from WITH-IN, for literally 'time immemorial', including INSPIRING the words of the bible, the koran, and EVERY other religious texts, and/or GUIDING and INSPIRING texts.

'I' am literally the Creator WITHIN ALL of 'you', as well as being thee One Spirit GUIDER and TEACHER, INSPIRING 'you' ALL to what IS Right AND Wrong IN Life. 'I' AM thee One Spirit Tutor WITH-IN ALL. The IN-spirer and the IN-tuition. The Creator and the Guider. The Knower, the Just, and the Understander.

So, WHEN 'you', "nick_a", "age", and EVERY "other" one of 'you', human beings, LISTEN TO what 'it' IS that 'I' am Truly SAYING and MEANING, then EACH and EVERY one of 'you' can REACH this HIGHER LEVEL, HERE, WHERE 'I' am, and which is being referred to here, then 'you', "age" included WILL SEE and KNOW, EXACTLY, what 'I' am TALKING ABOUT here, there, AND absolutely EVERY-WHERE.
Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:23 pm This reminds me of a person who had mind blowing experiences through drugs and tries to interpret them from lower reason. This is very dangerous for your being and best avoided for your own sake. You don't want t hear it but you need to experience humility.
SINCE, what 'you' said above "nick_a" was ABSOLUTELY and IRREFUTABLY NOT Correct, what 'you' have written here is ALL MOOT.

BUT, If, as I have been continually SUGGESTING, and 'you' SOUGHT OUT and GAINED CLARIFICATION FIRST, then 'you' would NOT have SAID and WROTE here above, which is ABSOLUTELY False, Wrong, and Incorrect.

(Unless, OF COURSE, 'you' were talking TO thee One, and NOT to "age" AT ALL.)

For YOUR information, and to make this ABSOLUTELY CLEAR, 'i', "age", am absolutely WORTHLESS AND USELESS 'communicator', ALWAYS HAVE BEEN, in my very short, little life, and thus 'i' am an an ACTUALLY FAR LOWER LEVEL, or PREVIOUS LEVEL, of human being evolution, than ALL of 'you', posters, are here. 'i' have NEVER been able to communicate and be heard, recognized, NOR accepted for who 'i' am by 'you', human beings, and would LOVE to PROGRESS and be at a STAGE and LEVEL WHERE 'you' ALL are here, where and when 'i' can ALSO be UNDERSTOOD and just ACCEPTED for what 'i' am just TRYING TO express, show, and reveal here.

So, if 'you' were talking to "age", then 'i' CERTAINLY DO NOT consider "myself" a higher quality of human being, nor something special AT ALL. In fact 'i' 'consider' "myself" LESS than a human being, and 'think' that 'i' am ONLY some 'thing' 'special' from the perspective of just being 'less than' 'you', human beings, and thus DIFFERENT.

On the other hand, what I KNOW, is ACTUALLY IRREFUTABLY True, Right, AND Correct. But I have NOT YET LEARNED HOW TO communicate 'this' YET properly with 'you', human beings.

Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:23 pm "Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man, and one in the face of which we with our modest powers must feel humble." Einstein
SOME are convinced, and thus KNOW 'a spirit' EXISTS, but have NO CLUE as to what 'it' IS, YET. While OTHERS BELIEVE 'a spirit' does NOT even exist. While ever SOME OTHERS, of 'us', KNOW WHO and WHAT thee Spirit IS, EXACTLY. BUT, have NOT YET LEARNED how to EXPRESS this KNOWLEDGE.
Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:23 pm If an intelligent man of science can feel humility, why can't you and profit from the experience?
WHEN what has been written throughout this forum, is read from thee Truly OPEN and Honest perspective, then WHO has been SHOWING the MOST humility here CAN BE, and WILL BE, RECOGNIZED, SEEN, and FULLY UNDERSTOOD.

Now, as for what the 'emotions/feelings', which come and go, WITHIN this body, WHY do 'you', "nick_a", PROFESS to KNOW what they are and have been, WHEN 'you' are OBVIOUSLY NOT, and CERTAINLY have NEVER been, WITHIN 'this body'?

Would one who was Truly HUMBLE profess to CLAIM that they KNOW IF 'humility' is being FELT or NOT within ANOTHER body?

Could the 'egotistical' views being expressed here above just be coming from the VERY Wrong AND Incorrect INTERPRETATION and ASSUMPTION of what WAS BEING SAID and MEANT by "another"?

Could the 'ego' WITHIN that body, and 'person', be NOT allowing 'that person' to just ASK QUESTIONS, to GAIN and OBTAIN CLARITY FIRST, BEFORE the 'ego' MADE 'you' MAKE ASSUMPTIONS and JUMP TO A CONCLUSION, which, by the way, OBVIOUSLY turned out to be False, Wrong, AND Incorrect. To 'me', anyway, this appears to be THE WORK of 'the ego', and NOT of one WITH 'humility'.

Would one, IF they FELT True 'humility', SEEK OUT and GAIN CLARITY FIRST, BEFORE MAKING ANY ASSUMPTIONS, AT ALL?

Or, do 'you' think or BELIEVE that one who FELT True 'humility' would just GUESS and MAKE ASSUMPTIONS about what "another" is SAYING and MEANING, CONCLUDE that their OWN ASSUMPTION/GUESS is true and right, and then proceed ACCUSING the "other" of 'things', based SOLELY on their OWN ASSUMPTIONS and/or BELIEFS?

I CERTAINLY KNOW who I think SHOWS MORE (True) 'humility', but 'you' are absolutely FREE to CHOOSE who 'you' think or BELIEVE does.

Post by Age »

Age wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:17 am It is peoples belief that all of those beliefs of yours about children - including those beliefs of yours that you have the right to rape and kill children - is not right at all. My question for you, then, is: are you open to that possibility? :wink:
Harry Baird wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:52 am [A bunch of stuff]
Ah, so, that's a "No". Everybody else has to be open to being wrong, but not you. That's plain to see. That's your belief.

OK, dude(tte). Believe whatever you want to believe, so long as you don't try to enforce those beliefs on me. In any case, I'm not interested in arguing over your beliefs.

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:52 pm
Harry Baird to Age wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:52 am Yeah, dude(tte), whatever. I'm not interested in arguing your delusion beliefs with you. Nor am I interested in your attempts to impose your delusion beliefs upon me. I'll go back to ignoring you like pretty much everybody else does.
Yep. His communication is consistently full of distortions and misunderstandings he creates about eVeRyOnE.
HERE WE GO AGAIN.

This one, AGAIN, WRITES and EXPRESSES MORE ACCUSATIONS and CLAIMS about 'me', but NEVER provides absolutely ANY thing AT ALL, which even could or would back up and support THEIR CLAIM.

Now, to PROVE that this one NEVER DOES, EVER, I WILL, ONCE AGAIN, ask them to PROVIDED ACTUAL PROVE of WHERE in MY COMMUNICATION I have, LAUGHABLY, been "CONSISTENTLY FULL of DISTORTIONS and MISUNDERSTANDINGS". And what 'we' will get back WILL BE, AGAIN, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL.

ALL 'we' get from these "posers" here are ACCUSATIONS and CLAIMS, but, VERY, VERY RARELY ANY actual even 'evidence', let alone ACTUAL PROOF.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:52 pm All the while, he talks down to people as 'you humans'.
LOL
LOL
LOL

ONCE AGAIN, ASSUMPTIONS GET MADE, BEFORE ACTUAL CLARITY IS OBTAINED.

WRITING and SAYING, 'you', humans, (which by the way I NEVER EVER HAVE), does NOT MEAN, "talking down", NECESSARILY AT ALL.

This "talking down" is, AGAIN, just ANOTHER ASSUMPTION and/or BELIEF of YOURS, which THEN EFFECTS the WAY 'you' THEN LOOK AT and SEE what else I have SAID and WRITTEN.

WHEN will 'you', adult human beings, STOP MAKING ASSUMPTIONS BEFORE 'you' JUST ASK FOR CLARIFICATIONS FIRST?

WHY does this seem like AN ABSOLUTE IMPOSSIBILITY for 'you' TO DO?

If I recall Correctly ONLY ONCE one of 'you' 'went out of your way' to ACTUALLY DO IT.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:52 pm He seemed to get worse after he stopped identifying as 'Ken' years ago and ramped up his tactic of turning people's words back on them as if that was somehow clever or applicable rather than just childish and misunderstood.
And, ONCE AGAIN, as can be CLEARLY SEEN and PROVED here, 'you', adult human beings, like to TURN ALL ATTENTION ONTO the 'character' of the "other", instead of CONCENTRATING on the ACTUAL WORDS being USED, WRITTEN, and EXPRESSED, while finding further "others" to GARNISH AGREEMENT WITH, GANG UP TOGETHER, or ENLARGE the GROUP, and then TALK ABOUT and FIGHT the "other". This was a VERY COMMON practice of SOME, especially like the adult human being posters can be CLEARLY SEEN DOING here, throughout this forum.
Lacewing wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:52 pm I've been ignoring what he says for a long time... but sometimes it's interesting to see how other people respond to him.
It is GREAT when 'you' and "others" IGNORE 'me'. 'you' ARE and END UP PROVING ABSOLUTELY and IRREFUTABLY True what write and talk about in regards to HOW the Mind and the brain ACTUALLY WORK,

Also, what "lacewing" is DOING HERE is absolutely CLEAR CASE of 'confirmation bias' AT WORK. That is; WILL NOT LOOK AT NOR LISTEN TO one "side", but will ONLY LOOK AT and SEE the other "side", which will THEN 'confirm' for 'it' what 'it' ALREADY HAD CHOSEN TO BELIEVE was true.

What this one is doing here, which is the EXACT SAME as "others" are doing as well, is providing a PERFECT EXAMPLE of a CLEAR CUT CASE of absolutely and completely IGNORING "one side" or 'a view' of 'things' and ONLY LOOKING AT the "other side" or just 'one perspective' of 'things', which is HOW and WHY these people NEVER came to SEEING and LEARNING what thee ACTUAL and IRREFUTABLE Truth of 'things' REALLY IS.

Post by Age »

Harry Baird wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:48 pm [Post deleted.]
It is GOOD 'you' 'thought about' 'it' and REALIZED that the consequences for 'you' were NOT going to be 'good' AT ALL, BEFORE 'you' posted 'it'.

Post by Age »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:41 pm Why must secularism hate Christianity?
John 15:18 “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.
Why did secularism or belief in the superiority of society (the great beast) kill Jesus? Why did the Great Beast kill Socrates?
Because people do NOT want to HEAR nor SEE 'that', which OPPOSES what they BELIEVE is true.

If what you BELIEVE was NOT true, would you WANT to HEAR 'it'?
Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:41 pm What did they understand that was such a threat to secularism?
But it is NOT that 'it' was such a so-called threat to 'secularism' but a threat to what they BELIEVE, which is, literally, a 'threat' to 'them', "themselves".
Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:41 pm Is the devolution of Christianity into Christendom still hated in the world and even on philosophy sites?
You would need to explain more or elaborate on this here for the correct answer to be given.
Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:41 pm
Henri Nouman - "To whom do we belong? This is the core question of the spiritual life. Do we belong to the world, its worries, its people and its endless chain of urgencies and emergencies, or do we belong to God and God's people.
WHEN one LEARNS and FINDS OUT, FIRST, who and what 'we' are, EXACTLY, then 'whom' do 'we' belong can be answered, MORE properly and correctly.
Nick_A wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:41 pm How is one to know?
The EXACT SAME WAY absolutely EVERY thing else is KNOWN, for ABSOLUTELY SURE.

Which, I have explained and shown enough times ALREADY. But, for those who have NOT YET SEEN 'this' or who would like MORE explained and/or MORE shown, then, surely by now, you would KNOW, EXACTLY, what to do
Harry Baird

Post by Harry Baird »

A brief PSA: I totally stand behind the comments that I deleted in this post. I just decided that they were not helpful to broadcast publicly. I would have instead copied them to Lacewing privately if she had receipt of PMs enabled.

Post by Age »

Harry Baird wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:43 am A brief PSA: I totally stand behind the comments that I deleted in this post. I just decided that they were not helpful to broadcast publicly. I would have instead copied them to Lacewing privately if she had receipt of PMs enabled.
LOL

"I TOTALLY stand BEHIND my comments, which, by the way, are NOT available, publicly".

It is still GOOD though that you STILL thought this through and realized the consequences to 'you' if you had made your HIDDEN comments public.

In fact it is GREAT, and we are VERY HAPPY, that you are NOT publicly trying to ENFORCE those BELIEFS of YOURS on 'us',

Oh, and by the way, what you wrote is ONE way to get "another" to make receipt of private messages available.

Furthermore, ANY one can SAY and CLAIM that they STAND BEHIND 'the comments', which they ALSO will NOT make publicly available, but that in NO WAY means 'the comments' are true nor RIGHT in absolutely ANY way AT ALL. But you are NOT OPEN to YOUR BELIEFS being Wrong, are 'you', "harry baird"?
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"I'll go back to ignoring you like pretty much everybody else does."

why this is so, Age, is because you exhibit a peculiar idiosyncracy in your posting which, due to the nature of its excessiveness, might suggest to the reader that you have a 'condition' of some sort... and philosophers with 'conditions' should be regarded with caution and care.

this obstinate posting of endless capitalized strings of questions and interrogations that go nowhere fast, have got to stop.

when boy, when... are you gonna get your act together?!!