Christianity

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Lacewing

Re: Christianity

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:00 pm Hey, you asked...
Lacewing wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:21 am What do you think I don't see, Henry?
...I answered. if you don't like, agree with, or understand my answer: that ain't my problem.
I didn't realize you were so full of projections and false conclusions. :lol:
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Lacewing wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:50 pm
...I answered. if you don't like, agree with, or understand my answer: that ain't my problem.
I'm thinkin' there's a lot you're not realizin'.

Post by Age »

You asked "henry quirk" what "henry quirk" thinks you are not seeing "lacewing", so "henry quirk" does what you ask for. But, instead of just accepting that that is what "Henry quirk" thinks or sees, you go straight into your usual accusations of "projecting" and "false conclusions".

If you do NOT want to hear the truth, from "another's" perspective, especially in regards to 'you', then I suggest that you do NOT ask them what they think, nor see.

Also, when "another" is just expressing their honest thoughts, in this forum, and you have this constant accussation of 'projecting', have you ever stopped to consider that you are 'projecting' AS WELL?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Age wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:44 pm

You asked "henry quirk" what "henry quirk" thinks you are not seeing "lacewing", so "henry quirk" does what you ask for. But, instead of just accepting that that is what "Henry quirk" thinks or sees, you go straight into your usual accusations of "projecting" and "false conclusions".

If you do NOT want to hear the truth, from "another's" perspective, especially in regards to 'you', then I suggest that you do NOT ask them what they think, nor see.

Also, when "another" is just expressing their honest thoughts, in this forum, and you have this constant accussation of 'projecting', have you ever stopped to consider that you are 'projecting' AS WELL?
give 'er hell, age
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 10:27 pm

give 'er hell, age
Do neither of you understand the difference between thinking and projecting?
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:02 pm I'm thinkin' there's a lot you're not realizin'.
I often think the same about you. We just have different viewpoints and methods. I've acknowledged the things I agree with you on -- but you seem less inclined to do so, instead arguing or presenting your 'more accurate answer'?

Post by Age »

give 'er hell, age
I just ask CLARIFYING QUESTIONS, from the Truly OPEN perspective, EQUALLY to EVERY one here.

And, I do NOT give ANY one any more nor any less of ANY thing here.

I also just express, by POINTING OUT and SHOWING, just what I RECOGNIZE, SEE, and OBSERVE here, EQUALLY.

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:33 am

give 'er hell, age
Do neither of you understand the difference between thinking and projecting?
I have a perspective, which, obviously, might be very different from your perspective of the difference between those two things.

Were you under some sort of ILLUSION, or ASSUMING, that there is ONLY One difference between 'thinking' and 'projecting'?

Post by Age »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:51 am
henry quirk wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:02 pm I'm thinkin' there's a lot you're not realizin'.
I often think the same about you. We just have different viewpoints and methods. I've acknowledged the things I agree with you on -- but you seem less inclined to do so, instead arguing or presenting your 'more accurate answer'?
Do you feel a 'need' to be informed when one agrees with you or would you like to be informed when we agree with you?

If yes, then I will pay more attention of doing this, for you.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

henry quirk wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:07 am Here's an experiment demonstrating it.

Get yourself a piece of paper.

On it, write "0"

But before you write "0", this experiment requires you first have to have already written "-1."

But before you write "-1", you have to already have written "-2".

And before that, you already have to have written "-3", "-4", "-5," and so on, back to infinity.

That models an infinite regress of causes, because each integer is a prerequisite for the next one, just like each cause in an infinite regress is the prerequisite of the effect associated with it.

So just sit down with some paper, and try to do it.

And then respond as soon as you've managed to write "0," or when you realize the truth: that there will never come a point when you can write even a single integer, let alone reach the "0" point (i.e. the present).

And just as you can never start writing, so too a universe can never begin if it requires an infinite chain of causes.

👍
Where all the integers lead is uncaused cause . Do you and Immanuel agree?
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

We just have different viewpoints and methods.
"Down to earth," vs. "away with the fairies."
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

RCSaunders wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:39 pm
who is which?
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Belinda wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:41 am
henry quirk wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:07 am Here's an experiment demonstrating it.

Get yourself a piece of paper.

On it, write "0"

But before you write "0", this experiment requires you first have to have already written "-1."

But before you write "-1", you have to already have written "-2".

And before that, you already have to have written "-3", "-4", "-5," and so on, back to infinity.

That models an infinite regress of causes, because each integer is a prerequisite for the next one, just like each cause in an infinite regress is the prerequisite of the effect associated with it.

So just sit down with some paper, and try to do it.

And then respond as soon as you've managed to write "0," or when you realize the truth: that there will never come a point when you can write even a single integer, let alone reach the "0" point (i.e. the present).

And just as you can never start writing, so too a universe can never begin if it requires an infinite chain of causes.

👍
Where all the integers lead is uncaused cause . Do you and Immanuel agree?
If you mean: do we agree that God is the unmoved mover?

Yes (though we currently differ on His details).
henry quirk

Post by henry quirk »

Age wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:29 am
Do you feel a 'need' to be informed when one agrees with you or would you like to be informed when we agree with you?

If yes, then I will pay more attention of doing this, for you.
short bus makin' way for short bus

BEEP! BEEP!
RCSaunders

Post by RCSaunders »

henry quirk wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:43 pm
RCSaunders wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:39 pm
who is which?
Good question. What do you think?