Christianity

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Dubious

Re: Christianity

Post by Dubious »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:59 pm Image

Here, things are revving up for Holy Week which is a pretty big deal here still.
...as it should be regardless of the sources they are derived from. Rituals remain fundamental to the health of the psyche, a rooted entity whose manifestations stamps the world within its own cultural boundaries. It is the 'something' without which there is 'nothing'. It's the virtual realities we select which gives reality meaning having none of its own. Rituals provides the illusion which provides the meaning. Question these in their most affirmative periods and you would have committed a capital crime in the form of heresy.

Post by Age »

seeds wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:10 pm
iambiguous wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:32 pm
Age wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:25 am

'you' REALLY DO HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA here do 'you' "iambiguous"?

By the way, 'God's ways' are ONLY so-called 'mysteries' to 'those' like 'you', "iambiguous".

God's ACTUAL 'ways' are NOT 'mysterious' AT ALL, well NOT to us anyway.

Now, WHY 'you', human beings, DO what 'you' DO, like above, and do NOT DO other 'things', is also ALREADY fULLY KNOWN, which, by the way, most of are NOT God's way, AT ALL.

BOTH of these so-called God's could NOT be MORE FURTHER AWAY FROM the ACTUAL God, Itself.

That 'behavior' above is NOT in sync AT ALL with thee One and ONLY God, except as it is a SIGN of just how Wrong and DISTORTED 'that world' IS, and WAS, WHEN 'that' was happening.

Have you messaged 'them' DIRECTLY, and ASKED 'them'?
Note to others:

Seriously though, in your opinion, is Age afflicted with one or another "condition" or is he/she really, really on to SOMETHING here that all PHILOSOPHERS are well advised to consider.

If the latter, please link me to a few of his/her most profound insights.

I'll apologize if necessary.
First you have to determine who (or what) it is you are actually conversing with.

Is it a human?...

...Or...

...is it the "channeled" entity who claims to have helped inspire the writing of the Bible as was proclaimed in this post here by Age (aka, ken)...
ken [aka, Age] wrote:

"...This impatience comes out and through the one, which I am using, who is writing this. This is a bit like how the ones, I used who wrote the bible, misinterpreted what I was actually trans and in spiring to them, which obviously has caused a lot of confusion. Now I found another human being who I can use to share things..."
_______
Did it EVER occur to you to SEEK OUT and GAIN CLARITY FIRST, BEFORE you MADE ANY ASSUMPTION and JUMPED TO ANY CONCLUSION?

If yes, then you NEVER went through with this, and thus WHY you have been left SO FAR ASTRAY here.

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:28 pm
First you have to determine who (or what) it is you are actually conversing with.

Is it a human?...

...Or...

...is it the "channeled" entity who claims to have helped inspire the writing of the Bible as was proclaimed in this post here by Age (aka, ken)...
ken [aka, Age] wrote:

"...This impatience comes out and through the one, which I am using, who is writing this. This is a bit like how the ones, I used who wrote the bible, misinterpreted what I was actually trans and in spiring to them, which obviously has caused a lot of confusion. Now I found another human being who I can use to share things..."
_______
Have I understood this properly? Age thinks he is a sort of conduit for God. :?
NO, you have NOT UNDERSTOOD 'this' PROPERLY.

Post by Age »

seeds wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:15 pm
Harbal wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:28 pm

Is it a human?...

...Or...

_______
Have I understood this properly? Age thinks he is a sort of conduit for God. :?
To understand it properly would be to assume that whatever "it" is that is using Age/ken as a conduit through-which to speak to us "...in the times when this is being written..." was apparently around (and up to the same shenanigans) in the times when the Bible was being written.
As can be CLEARLY SEEN here, the FIRST MISTAKE of the adult human being was TO ASSUME some 'thing' to be true.

WHEN this is EVER done, BEFORE ACTUAL CLARITY IS OBTAINED, then from then on in absolutely EVERY 'thing' ELSE could ALSO BE False, Wrong, and/or Incorrect. As CLEARLY WITNESSED and ABLE TO BE PROVED IRREFUTABLY True here above.

NOW, to UNDERSTAND ANY 'thing' PROPERLY is to NEVER ASSUME, and to INSTEAD SEEK OUT, GAIN, and OBTAIN CLARITY, FIRST.
seeds wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:15 pm Now, as to the question of whether or not this enigmatic (channeled) entity is God, then I would suggest that it is highly unlikely that the Creator of the billions of galaxies of this universe could be so incredibly ignorant and annoying.
'you' say 'this' like 'you', adult human beings, are NOT ignorant and annoying, to the rest of 'us', or Nature, Itself.
seeds wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:15 pm However, unless you enjoy being drawn into an endless labyrinth of verbal twists and turns that will lead you to nowhere, then whatever you do, don't ask the "entity" to explain itself.
_______
LOL
LOL
LOL

And here IS the VERY REASON WHY adult human beings took SO LONG to LEARN, and UNDERSTAND, the ACTUAL Truth of 'things'.

These ones, in those days, ACTUALLY BELIEVED that it is MUCH BETTER to NOT ASK CLARIFYING QUESTIONS, and to INSTEAD just ASSUME the truth of 'things'.

This one ACTUALLY BELIEVED that TO UNDERSTAND, PROPERLY, was done through ASSUMING, and NEVER through SEEKING CLARITY by ASKING QUESTIONS for CLARITY.

The ABSURDITY, STUPIDITY, and RIDICULOUSNESS of this speaks for itself.

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:50 pm
seeds wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:15 pm
To understand it properly would be to assume that whatever "it" is that is using Age/ken as a conduit through-which to speak to us "...in the times when this is being written..." was apparently around (and up to the same shenanigans) in the times when the Bible was being written.

Now, as to the question of whether or not this enigmatic (channeled) entity is God, then I would suggest that it is highly unlikely that the Creator of the billions of galaxies of this universe could be so incredibly ignorant and annoying.

However, unless you enjoy being drawn into an endless labyrinth of verbal twists and turns that will lead you to nowhere, then whatever you do, don't ask the "entity" to explain itself.
_______
Thank you. This explains one or two things that were hitherto puzzling me. :)
Do you USUALLY just ACCEPT what is TOLD TO you, WITHOUT SEEKING ACTUAL CLARIFICATION FIRST?

Also, what were the one or two 'things', which were puzzling you hitherto, which have, supposedly, now be EXPLAINED, to you, EXACTLY?

Post by Age »

Here, things are revving up for Holy Week which is a pretty big deal here still.
YET, absolutely NONE of 'you' ACTUALLY KNOW what the True AND Right 'story' IS here.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Age wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:42 am NO, you have NOT UNDERSTOOD 'this' PROPERLY.
Well it would have explained why you seem to set yourself apart from the rest of humanity.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Age wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:02 pm
Do you USUALLY just ACCEPT what is TOLD TO you, WITHOUT SEEKING ACTUAL CLARIFICATION FIRST?
I often accept things that are told to me as a possibility without seeking clarification when the matter is of little or no importance to me.
Also, what were the one or two 'things', which were puzzling you hitherto, which have, supposedly, now be EXPLAINED, to you, EXACTLY?
Things like your claiming to know things that the rest of us are still to learn.

Post by Age »

Dubious wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:26 am

...as it should be regardless of the sources they are derived from.
So, to this one rituals based ON what could be absolutely False, Wrong, or Incorrect

Rituals remain fundamental to the health of the psyche, a rooted entity whose manifestations stamps the world within its own cultural boundaries.[/quote]

Are rituals based on MISINTERPRETATIONS and/or Falsehoods REALLY fundamental to the HEALTH of the 'psyche'?
Dubious wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:26 am It is the 'something' without which there is 'nothing'.
OBVIOUSLY False, Wrong, AND Incorrect.
Dubious wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:26 am It's the virtual realities we select which gives reality meaning having none of its own. Rituals provides the illusion which provides the meaning. Question these in their most affirmative periods and you would have committed a capital crime in the form of heresy.
QUESTIONING 'you', adult human beings, in the days when this is being written, is somewhat like 'heresy', to 'you', AS WELL. For example, if I was to ASK, for CLARITY, what the 'psyche' IS, EXACTLY? then one just has to DELVE INTO the 'thoughts' and 'thinking' of the ones that I pose this QUESTION TO, to SEE what 'they' 'thought of' the 'one' who ASKED 'such a QUESTION'.

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:07 pm
Age wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:42 am NO, you have NOT UNDERSTOOD 'this' PROPERLY.
Well it would have explained why you seem to set yourself apart from the rest of humanity.
If, and WHEN, 'you' COME-TO-UNDERSTAND, EXACTLY, what 'I' have been TALKING ABOUT, and/or ALLUDING TO, then 'you' WILL much BETTER UNDERSTAND 'things' here.

AND, ONCE AGAIN, the ONLY True AND Right WAY to COME-TO-UNDERSTAND is WITH and THROUGH 'CLARITY', itself. And, 'CLARITY' is OBTAINED and GAINED NOT through ASSUMING NOR ASSUMPTIONS, but through CURIOSITY, WONDER, QUESTIONS, AND ANSWERS.

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:16 pm
Age wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:02 pm
I often accept things that are told to me as a possibility without seeking clarification when the matter is of little or no importance to me.
Okay. Do you USUALLY ASK QUESTIONS about matters that are of LITTLE or NO importance, to you?
Harbal wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:16 pm
Things like your claiming to know things that the rest of us are still to learn.
Just for INFORMATION, once one LEARNS, and UNDERSTANDS, HOW TO FIND and KNOW the ACTUAL Truth of 'things', THEN 'they' TOO WILL ALSO KNOW 'things', which the rest of 'you' had STILL YET to LEARN, and/or UNDERSTAND.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Dubious wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:26 amIt's the virtual realities we select which gives reality meaning having none of its own. Rituals provides the illusion which provides the meaning. Question these in their most affirmative periods and you would have committed a capital crime in the form of heresy.
This is one of the reasons it became important, for me, to examine the roots of Occidental religiousness located in a Medieval conceptual order.

There is something else which you seem to allude to: the refinement of virtual realities. If one particular manifestation is crude or outmoded how can it, or can it, be refined?

What about ‘principles’? These can only be virtual. They are metaphysical then? And as such do they ‘stand behind’ all particular virtual realities?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Age wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:31 pm
Okay. Do you USUALLY ASK QUESTIONS about matters that are of LITTLE or NO importance, to you?
I'm sure everyone has curiosity about things that have no real importance to them, and ask questions when the answers don't matter one way or the other. That's just normal human nature, if you want to make a note of it for future reference.

Post by Age »

Harbal wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:04 pm
Age wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:31 pm
I'm sure everyone has curiosity about things that have no real importance to them, and ask questions when the answers don't matter one way or the other. That's just normal human nature, if you want to make a note of it for future reference.
YET just about NO one here is ASKING the QUESTIONS that are of any REAL IMPORTANCE. Or, If they do, they do NOT REMAIN OPEN long enough to FIND OUT what the ACTUAL Truth IS, EXACTLY.

What can be seen is the peoples of these days were MORE CURIOUS about ASKING QUESTIONS, which, as just shown and proved true, were of LITTLE or of NO importance but which were just SEEKING ANSWERS/RESPONSES from which 'they' could then make FURTHER JUDGEMENTS and ASSUMPTIONS ABOUT "others". Which, in all Honesty, WAS REALLY of NO ACTUAL IMPORTANCE, AT ALL.

By the way, this IS NOT so-called 'normal natural behavior'. It WAS an ABNORMAL LEARNED BEHAVIOR.

As can be CLEARLY SEEN.

Unless, OF COURSE, you want to BELIEVE otherwise. From which we wonder WHEN, and IF, you would EVER offer up ANY REAL 'justification' for such A BELIEF?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Age wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:49 pm

YET just about NO one here is ASKING the QUESTIONS that are of any REAL IMPORTANCE. Or, If they do, they do NOT REMAIN OPEN long enough to FIND OUT what the ACTUAL Truth IS, EXACTLY.
I suppose different things are important to different people.
By the way, this IS NOT so-called 'normal natural behavior'. It WAS an ABNORMAL LEARNED BEHAVIOR.

As can be CLEARLY SEEN.

Unless, OF COURSE, you want to BELIEVE otherwise. From which we wonder WHEN, and IF, you would EVER offer up ANY REAL 'justification' for such A BELIEF?
My "belief", as you call it, comes from my own observations of human behaviour, including my own. I don't mind if you disagree with me, so no justification is necessary.
Last edited by Harbal on Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.