Christianity

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Alexis Jacobi

Re: Christianity

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:13 pm It might be interesting to explore such questions with you if you hadn't developed such a reputation for using people as springboards for spinning off on your own agenda and dominating discussion. The poison in your bait has become widely known. 8)
But you-plural are springboards — from which I will pounce into INFINITY!

Ok, point taken. From this moment I will begin to change.

::: gets all humble & raises head to the heavens :::

“Oh Lord, grant me incremental progress to become the person I really am!”

::: weeps penitential tears :::
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:07 pm
Lacewing wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:13 pm It might be interesting to explore such questions with you if you hadn't developed such a reputation for using people as springboards for spinning off on your own agenda and dominating discussion. The poison in your bait has become widely known. 8)
But you-plural are springboards — from which I will pounce into INFINITY!

Ok, point taken. From this moment I will begin to change.

::: gets all humble & raises head to the heavens :::

“Oh Lord, grant me incremental progress to become the person I really am!”

::: weeps penitential tears :::
:lol: :lol:

Your sense of humor is more interesting and entertaining when you don't take yourself and everything else so seriously.
Last edited by Lacewing on Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:00 pm
I.am.that.hope.

I am setting in motion here things that will spread out into our Present, our Future, even to our Past
Hallelujah
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Lacewing wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:04 pm Your sense of humor is more interesting and entertaining when you don't take yourself and everything else so seriously.
Let me get this straight: I take myself too seriously?
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:00 pm
I am setting in motion here things that will spread out into our Present, our Future, even to our Past!
At last the long-awaited new Nietzsche has arrived. In that case, I would sincerely advise you to redirect your course on humbleness as previously promised and proclaim a New Emerging Testimonial supplanting the old, long worn out New Testament edition. But note, it must be in German for such traditions are not to be negated! It's multi-syllabic texture has the chromatic effect of crystallising any thought pertinent to humans endeavors!

Also Sprach....? Feel free to complete! :twisted:
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Mr. Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:58 pm
iambiguous wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:08 pm Is he a racist? Is he sympathetic with those who walk his talk more or less in the general vicinity of the Nazis? Would black and brown and red folks have anything to be concerned about if the "demographic crisis" was resolved to his own satisfaction?
I respond:
AJ: My assessment of you is that you are *intellectually neurotic*. You are fixated on a specific approach and you are certain that your approach is the right one. You keep insisting (like a broken record) that I do your bidding. And you imply that there is something wrong with the way I approach these topics and issues.

I can only politely suggest that you modify your obsession.
Iambiguous: This instead of at least attempting to bring his "theoretical" views on race and gender and homosexuality and Jews down out of the clouds and exploring "what is to be done?" about the "demographic crisis" faced by the Northern European white stock.
Mr Iambiguous, I have told you that you rush forward far too impetuously and that you must slow down considerably so that outlooks -- my outlooks in this case but also the outlooks of those who attempt to define a dissident position -- can be examined carefully.

So what I am trying to do -- and this I think it incomprehensible to you -- is to *see* the present, and to *see* ourselves from a point outside of the immediacy of our perceptions about the Present. I do not see this as soaring up into theoretical clouds, as you constantly exclaim, but actually taking ourselves in hand in a different way. This seems to be intolerable to you.

In regard to both *race* and *gender* what I wish to point out, as a starting point, is that we live within a Therapeutic State which has assumed the role of our reconstructor. Do you understand what this implies? What do you think of that assertion? The State, and an assortment of State-affiliated institutions, has made *US* its therapeutic subject.

And what I try to show you is the degree to which you are also acting (in this sense) as the State's proxy. You seem to act like a moral enforcer and you also seem to believe that you know what is right. That is, the right attitude and outlook to have, but primarily the one that is moral and good.

I am not sure that you, and really anyone, can make these sorts of declarations. It is not that I desire to 'sponsor racism' or oppress those of the feminine gender, but more that I am examining the core predicates that seem to operate in you. This seems to make you uncomformable. You do not like it! And you attach negative assessments to what I am trying to do (which I assert you do not understand).
Absolutely shameless.
That's all that I am "fixated" on here. And that is because over and again I make it abundantly clear that my own interest in philosophy revolves around connecting the dots existentially between words and worlds. Whereas, in my own personal opinion, AJ is fixated only on providing us with walls of words -- worlds of words -- that expose the extent to which being the didactic pedant is what it is really all about for him.
Mr. Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:58 pmNo Sir. That is not *all*. That is a part though, that I accept. I do not give a flying fuck what your own focus is to be quite frank. I do not discount it but there is no need for you to keep insisting that your methods are the right ones for this or for any conversation. So put that shit aside.

If you are concerned about *words and worlds* -- which I do not consider invalid --I may point out that I am concerned with the conceptualizations that determine word-use. And I am interested in, and focused on, the intrusion of determined ideological constructs into our perceptual order. Further, I am concerned about how the State has become the agent of applied therapeutics. And I am aware of the 'causal chains' through which this has come about.

You have a superficial relationship to these issues and, I'd say, take your stand as a modern Liberal man. I do not have a fixed position (as I tirelessly repeat). But I do sense the need to examine the present -- our ideas and attitudes -- from a critical standpoint.
Absolutely, positively shameless.
And, again, no problem. He will always find other "serious philosophers" who will go up there with him. The "slower" approach. Let others walk his talk politically. He'll join them...later.
Mr. Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:58 pmThis is more of the 'broken record' that defines nearly everything you say. You just repeat yourself time and again! It is so annoying.

I have just clearly and carefully explained to you why I take the tack I do. If you don't like it, fine. But at the very least try to understand it.
Absolutely, positively, utterly shameless.

Next, he'll be telling us he has his own collection of videos that prove theoretically that what he posts here is true theoretically.

:wink:
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

iambiguous wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:31 pm Absolutely, positively, utterly shameless.

Next, he'll be telling us he has his own collection of videos that prove theoretically that what he posts here is true theoretically.
When do I get the point-by-point, thoughtful analysis — with extended commentary in normal sized text — of what I wrote to you?!
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:17 pm Well, let Jesus say it, instead: “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6)
Yahweh is a fuck up among gods. Yahweh isn't competent enough to design a decent world. What do you want to waste your time worshiping a loser God for? Or maybe it's god of the losers, one or both of those. Join the enlightened, IC. Don't waste your time worshiping a loser god. Worship a god who is worthy of worship. Not some homicidal maniac God who seems to enjoy the company of homicidal maniac mortals. There's a reason why some of the biggest recruiters of Jesus are rehab centers, prisons and NA/AA. :roll:
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Immanuel Can wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:17 pm
Well, let Jesus say it, instead: “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6)
Just because it's in a book called The Bible doesn't preclude it from being BS which one time may have been acceptable especially during periods when belief in the incredible was at its highest but now defunct when historically analyzed. Both the irony and the paradox is in how long this whole misfit production persisted for centuries...one of histories greatest insults.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:39 pm
Lacewing wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:04 pm Your sense of humor is more interesting and entertaining when you don't take yourself and everything else so seriously.
Let me get this straight: I take myself too seriously?
:lol: You're on a roll today.
iambiguous

Post by iambiguous »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:44 pm
iambiguous wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:31 pm Absolutely, positively, utterly shameless.

When do I get the point-by-point, thoughtful analysis — with extended commentary in normal sized text — of what I wrote to you?!
When you come down out of the clouds.
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Alexis Jacobi wrote:
Note that the above was written Nov 2nd, 2021. Man, we've been at this for awhile!
Well let us cut to chase shall we?

The majority of posters have enlightened us on where they stand on this topic of Christianity.

Your disdain for Christianity has been made clear, so let us put that aside as I am dizzy reading this circular discourse of yours, and

I now ask you.....What is your philosophical argument asserting whatever it is in what you believe.

Are you capable of giving a reply clearly and in a few words?

It would be much appreciated.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Dubious wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:24 am Both the irony and the paradox is in how long this whole misfit production persisted for centuries...one of histories greatest insults.
Maybe it's some kind of mental virus or disconnect, such as happens with cults. Most of the people involved may be good people with the best of intentions, but the cult virus is highly addictive, and impossible for many to resist.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Lacewing wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:20 am
Dubious wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:24 am Both the irony and the paradox is in how long this whole misfit production persisted for centuries...one of histories greatest insults.
Maybe it's some kind of mental virus or disconnect, such as happens with cults. Most of the people involved may be good people with the best of intentions, but the cult virus is highly addictive, and impossible for many to resist.
If they all die and find themselves imprisoned in heaven run by Yahweh, then the idiots will be getting what they deserve. No thanks... (Where's a good vomit emoji when I need one???)
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

iambiguous wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:12 am
Alexis Jacobi wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:44 pm

When you come down out of the clouds.
Are you kidding??? Once you've learned "replacement theory" then edumacation is complete. No need to waste time or energy on the tried and true classics of Western thought.