Christianity

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Alexis Jacobi

Re: Christianity

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

The only thing that will make the world a better place is for people to stop having so many babies. But even that would backfire because it would basically hand the world over to those who are willing to produce more babies to have bigger armies.
It may interest you to know that having made windfall profits in honest business dealings I’ve arranged that 50 nubile women shall mother my children — children of the Nietzschean future!

I’m not giving up but then I’ve embraced the Tragic View of Life. (Look into it). It will suffice me when I’m surrounded by my squawking tribe!

(Sorry Lacewing — I fear I might have led you on. Fōrtlåt mig! I am a scoundrel!)
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:48 am
The only thing that will make the world a better place is for people to stop having so many babies. But even that would backfire because it would basically hand the world over to those who are willing to produce more babies to have bigger armies.
It may interest you to know that having made windfall profits in honest business dealings I’ve arranged that 50 nubile women shall mother my children — children of the Nietzschean future!

I’m not giving up but then I’ve embraces the Tragic View of Life. It will suffice me when I’m surrounded by my squawking tribe!

(Sorry Lacewing — I fear I might have led you on. Fōrtlåt mig! I am a scoundrel!)
In that case, there will be only ONE left standing and you will have the honor of being the daddy to the Übermensch!
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

Lacewing wrote:
I'm describing the contrast between the postings and attitudes of A.J. and Harbal. Since A.J. continually belittles Harbal's naturally insightful manner, it would appear that A.J.'s ideas of intellectual superiority and its necessity are being threatened. I find that to be an interesting contrast to observe and challenge because I am one of those people who does not think that intellectualism or position are as important as being wise and flexible, so why would anyone invalidate such qualities?
Perhaps if this alleged 'belittlement" was directed at you, it would be reasonable for you to react, but Harbal's lack of response may signify he does not see it as such.

You are too eager to tell people what to do and having too high an opinion of your own importance, as to cast aspersions:
.........Harbal's wit and insights are invaluable on this forum. It's a counter-balance to the overly-serious, self-righteous extremism and blah, blah, blah... which is more entrenched than insightful.
It appears no one knows Harbal as well as you do, not even Harbal himself. :D
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

reasonvemotion wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:43 am Perhaps if this alleged 'belittlement" was directed at you, it would be reasonable for you to react
Oh, I see. You think it's not reasonable for me to react to the people and things I read here.
reasonvemotion wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:43 amYou are too eager to tell people what to do and having too high an opinion of your own importance, as to cast aspersions
Ah! According to your highness. :-)
reasonvemotion wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:43 am It appears no one knows Harbal as well as you do, not even Harbal himself.
You're creating much more than what this is about. Furthermore, why are you making it your business to tell me what is my business? Fuck off.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

reasonvemotion wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:43 am Perhaps if this alleged 'belittlement" was directed at you, it would be reasonable for you to react, but Harbal's lack of response may signify he does not see it as such.
I do see it as such. Alexis Jacobi's attempts at "belittling" me were his lame response to my making a fool of him. He obviously considers himself above being ridiculed, and has difficulty handling it. Rather than taking it like a man, and just accepting I had got the better of him, the spineless wretch decided to retaliate. I wasn't surprised; it is just the sort of low down trick I would expect from him. Lacewing obviously saw what he was up to and drew attention to it. I appreciate her intervention.

End of statement. :|
reasonvemotion

Post by reasonvemotion »

I appreciate your response. :|
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

reasonvemotion wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:45 am I appreciate your response. :|
Well I certainly don’t! Just imagine how I feel. To have been revealed to be … a worm!

Oh well. Even for a Worm there must be his higher archetypes and his Valhalla! I resolve to slither on!

Take her Harbal! I’m done I tell you! I have higher forces to serve.

The world-egg will crack open for me!
Sculptor

Post by Sculptor »

RWStanding wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:23 am Christianity
Britain used to refer to itself as a Christian country.
There seems to be little agreement as to what we are today.
In modern terms:
Christianity is not about simple freedom of the individual will.
Christianity is not about simple obedience to moral codes.
Christianity is about informed conformity to altruist values.
Human and other rights and duties are legal constructs based on values.
The church and state are one, under the King dei gratia.
That's one reason why religion is so unpopular.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:34 pmWhat difference does it make for how we live each moment? We exist... done! Now what? Do we need to claim to know the unknowable? That framework that we want to know is limited to our human/physical understanding. Doesn't it make more sense that our framework is not even the same language or vibration of that which we want to claim to know? Do we seek to claim such knowing as a way to ignore/neglect the capability we have for designing our own lives? In other words, we can't be bothered with the responsibility for what we create of ourselves because we're busy thinking about bigger and more important things. Hobnobbing with gods, we can imagine we have their approval.
Among the so many different things that I have been learning here, against my own arrogant will, is how the sheer absence of ideas, which I once erroneously saw as a 'lack', is in reality a true sort of fullness -- if it can be looked on in the right way. Hence my new-found respect for the obvious non-thought leaders who have manifest themselves with such force here.

Yes! So true! "We exist -- done!" An existential slam-dunk. When you think it through how could one 'know the unknowable'? It also makes a great deal of sense -- it is certainly linguistically sound -- that our human/physical understanding is our limitation. When these things are expressed in clear, terse sentences they light up and glow from the inside out.
Doesn't it make more sense that our framework is not even the same language or vibration of that which we want to claim to know?
I admit: my Ego was on the verge of being hooked and I was going to toss up another bit of nonsense to uselessly oppose your sterling pronouncements. But then I bit my tongue (nearly off). Surely I must admit that my framework and language -- my vibration -- simply cannot resonate with what I foolishly seek to know. You know Lacewing these are potent questions and like armor piercing shells they blast apart all the false certainties I had. But how liberating it is to be left a burning hulk on the roadside of mindless argumentation. If I can simply burn with abandon I feel all will be well. (If need be -- please! -- send another anti-thought missile to put me fully out of useless misery).

We've been at this well over a year! A wasted year I see now when, had I been capable of listening, I might have spent my time .. dancing before the thoughtless moments.
Ortega y Gasset wrote: “Thinking is the desire to gain reality by means of ideas.”
How suddenly in the New Age is a 'truth' is revealed to be a falsity! How quickly the false-structure erected by an errant ego collapses into the ground!

Rather giving up Ideas is the means to come back to being in reality. I always thought the wangdang was my salvation! Now I see I had a problem of mistaken membrane.

I am cured!

And so Castles Made of Sand . . .
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:09 pm We've been at this well over a year! A wasted year
Surely not a total waste. You must have learned something, albeit an unwelcome something. :|
tillingborn

Post by tillingborn »

Skepdick wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:35 pmShame. You seem way more concerned about my IQ than I am.

Just pull a number out of a hat! Or I'll meet you half way if you want. How's 140?
120 on a good day. Get yourself a girlfriend; you get very wound up when you're unwinding.
Skepdick

Post by Skepdick »

tillingborn wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:33 pm 120 on a good day. Get yourself a girlfriend; you get very wound up when you're unwinding.
You couldn't even wind up a clock at this rate...

Lets wrap this up. I agree with 120.

120 above yours.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Harbal wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:44 pm
Alexis Jacobi wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:09 pm We've been at this well over a year! A wasted year
Surely not a total waste. You must have learned something, albeit an unwelcome something. :|
He has learned how to be more full of himself, which pleases him very much. That's really what it's all about, despite the continual charade of insisting that he has higher aspirations of great significance.