Christianity

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Walker

Re: Christianity

Post by Walker »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:05 pm Walker, it seems to me that there is no conversation that you *follow closely*. You seem, quite often, to participate quite superficially. And when you do express ideas and opinions they seem (to me) not very well thought-through.
Quite well thought out. I would have written even less, had I more time.
Walker

Post by Walker »

Harbal wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:49 pm
Walker wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:40 pm It's the principle of ... If any lout walks into a church wearing a hat and I happen to be there, I'll knock it off their head because it's well deserved for being disrespectful and stupid, and ignorance is no excuse.
So what has God got against hats, Walker? :?
Stupid question. Wearing a hat in church is a sign of disrespect. In or out of church if you are seated, you stand when greeting someone. When you shake hands, you use a firm grip and look them in the eye.

You don't do a Brandon and start sniffing hair and feeling people up.

This is called being civilized. There are other rules, too. Were you raised in a barn with the pigs?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:58 pm Wearing a hat in church is a sign of disrespect.
Thanks for the tip, Walker, :wink:
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Walker wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:58 pm Wearing a hat in church is a sign of disrespect.
This guy says otherwise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfgwrdYUQ2A
seeds

Post by seeds »

_______

In an earlier post, I stated the following...
seeds wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:18 pm ...all humans on earth walk around in varying degrees of somnambulism, with some of us being more deeply asleep than others, such as the Hitler types, for example, or the Trumpian types as another example, or these wonderful Americans...

...as yet another example, which, in turn, causes them to be unaware of their own evilness.
Now, admittedly, the term "low consciousness" is a bit ambiguous and perhaps difficult to recognize, especially the part where I suggest that it comes in "varying degrees."

However, the point is that I was simply using the KKK picture as an example of humans who have freely chosen to wear costumes that help to clearly identify the depth and degree of their earthly somnambulism...

(and, by extension, their racist evilness)

...and had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the stupid nonsense of whether those hooded boneheads were Democrats or Republicans.

And the fact that Mr. Con zeroed-in on that picture and stated the following...
Immanuel Can wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:03 pm ...despite seeds' presuppositions, it was never the Republicans or Trumpians who created slavery, or the KKK, or served as the Segregationist governors, or the thugs that beat up freedom marchers. They were Democrats, almost to the very last man.
...was nothing more than a brazen non sequitur that he then used to guide and keep the narrative within the walls of his ideological fortress.

I mean, just look at how he has managed to steer the discussion away from the initial intent of getting him to explain how there could be any sort of justice (or Christian "love") in torturing a human soul for all of eternity for something they did (or didn't do) in the few fleeting moments they spent on earth.

My goodness, he has even defended the notion that God is completely justified in eternally torturing an infant who died shortly after being born, simply because God would have omnisciently "known" that had that child reached adulthood, she would not have accepted Jesus as her personal savior in order to wash away that stain of "original sin" she allegedly inherited from Adam and Eve.

Good grief, what does that say about the fate of the literal billions of humans who have lived and died as adherents of the other world religions?

Forgive me for belaboring this point, but according to Mr. Con's take on reality, the souls of these little Muslim toddlers whose bodies were mangled by the American military,...

...are probably, at this very moment, writhing in agony in the eternal fires of Hell because (for obvious reasons) they were not Christians.

I'm not sure I can make this sound any more insane, but that is what must be inferred from what Mr. Con seems to believe.

Now, I have no problem with the fact that something in our posts may cause the discussion to wander off into different directions.

However, I do have a problem with Mr. Con basing this new battle between the north and south (between him and A.J.) on what he called my "presuppositions," of which he, once again, misrepresented in order to make sure that the discussion stays as far away as possible from him having to justify the eternal torture of defenseless beings.
_______
promethean75

Post by promethean75 »

"Wearing a hat in church is a sign of disrespect"

um

th-1729116766.jpg
th-1729116766.jpg (33.81 KiB) Viewed 323 times
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Walker wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:40 pm It has nothing to do with the person being attacked.

It's the principle of ... If any lout walks into a church wearing a hat and I happen to be there, I'll knock it off their head because it's well deserved for being disrespectful and stupid, and ignorance is no excuse.

I'll chop down a mountain with the edge of my hand. :wink:
That's assault you self-righteous old twat.
vegetariantaxidermy

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:36 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:16 am Hilarious that he keeps using the word 'baiter' when the 'kind Intelligent' kristoturd addressed me first in a deliberately 'baiting' way :lol:
Just so you know, I think Walker is on your team, as in he is also an infidel.
You seriously think Zimmerframe isn't a kristian?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:25 pm
That's assault you self-righteous old twat.
Be careful how you speak to Walker, or he'll knock your hat off. :o
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:54 pm First of all, I am trying to examine how your belief-system functions.
That's going to be really hard for you. You don't even have a definition of "Christian."
Certainly a state, and the State, cannot be and will never be Christian in the sense you mean.
I have never believed in the idea of a "Christian state." That's your idea. If you want to reject it now, we agree.
It is not that I myself put weight on the 'stolen land' idea but rather that I notice that it is a functioning narrative.

A problematic "narrative." There are many of those. Most "narratives" are, in fact, pure fiction.
...the issues related to world domination and the use of raw power...
That's Nietzsche.

Boring. He got that wrong. The secret behind ethics is not power, except among totalitarians and progressivist dogma. But Nietzsche was a man of limited perceptiveness, for sure. The truth behind ethics is that it must be grounded in metaphysics.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:49 pm
That's Nietzsche.

Boring. He got that wrong. The secret behind ethics is not power, except among totalitarians and progressivist dogma. But Nietzsche was a man of limited perceptiveness, for sure. The truth behind ethics is that it must be grounded in metaphysics.
...incomparably more perceptive than Jesus ever was but it's in the nature of humans to default to the lowest common denominator especially where there's a reward involved as in 'believe in me and you shall be saved'.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dubious wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:17 am
That's Nietzsche.

...incomparably more perceptive than Jesus ever was ...
No, not by any metric.

And far more dead.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Walker wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:40 pm I'll chop down a mountain with the edge of my hand.
Someone had to get it. Guess it fell to me.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:21 am
Dubious wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:17 am
That's Nietzsche.

...incomparably more perceptive than Jesus ever was ...
No, not by any metric.

And far more dead.
Actually only by yours. Also, no one lives forever; not even Jesus whose career was a lot shorter.