Christianity

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Alexis Jacobi

Re: Christianity

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:03 pm I'm sorry you see yourself in a war.
At each turn you-plural stumble on amazing opportunities for discussion, but at each turn you-plural are incapable of developing the thought.

So little self-consciousness.

In the aftermath of WWll it became necessary for the State to wage therapeutic war and ideological war against a recalcitrant, retrograde, conservative/traditional culture which was defined as obstructive. To remold and re-instruct people in progressives attitudes and outlooks. This is surely an astounding cultural and sociological and indeed an unprecedented historic event — but you don’t even register it.

In the 60s and 70s the Left saw itself as being at war with a militarized State and the industrial collusion between government and private capital (corporations).

The progressive ‘Democrat’ state is continuing a war against dissident opinion and criminalizing wrong opinion and ideas. These battles define our present.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:49 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:03 pm I'm sorry you see yourself in a war. I don't share that view.
You don't share the opinion that I am at war (ideologically)? Or that we as a nation (and possibly numerous nations) are in states of warfare?
I'm saying I don't see myself in a state of war ideologically or otherwise. I'm sorry you do. I'm sure it's not pleasant.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:52 pmI'm saying I don't see myself in a state of war ideologically or otherwise. I'm sorry you do. I'm sure it's not pleasant.
First, you may not (you do not seem to) recognize that your will is a battleground. You are fought over by many different entities and power-concentrations. Wake up man!

You are in no particular state at all. You are neutral but also malleable (given your anodyne attitude).

You among millions of course.

Myself, I am definitely in a war. But it is not unpleasant. It is bracing and invigorating.

Every post here, every paragraph, catapults me higher & higher as if lifted by heaven’s skyjacks!

You-plural sink into a mire of mere bickering. It suits you nonetheless.

Selah.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:35 pm
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:52 pmI'm saying I don't see myself in a state of war ideologically or otherwise. I'm sorry you do. I'm sure it's not pleasant.
First, you may not (you do not seem to) recognize that your will is a battleground. You are fought over by many different entities and power-concentrations. Wake up man!

You are in no particular state at all. You are neutral but also malleable (given your anodyne attitude).

You among millions of course.

Myself, I am definitely in a war. But it is not unpleasant. It is bracing and invigorating.

Every post here, every paragraph, catapults me higher & higher as if lifted by heaven’s skyjacks!

You-plural sink into a mire of mere bickering. It suits you nonetheless.

Selah.
You're making your own reality and not a very healthy one. I'd rather "bicker" than be in a "war" of any kind. A war is generally a bilateral, antagonistic affair where one may legitimately seek to win through almost any means necessary, including lies, deception, and dehumanization of an enemy. I either agree or disagree with others where I see good reasons to. I'm not out to win at all costs. I'm more interested in truth and will generally concede when I'm wrong, though I can be, admittedly, stubborn. But I'm not at war.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:35 pm Every post here, every paragraph, catapults me higher & higher as if lifted by heaven’s skyjacks!
And I doubt this is the only forum where you are fighting your good fight. How many posts and paragraphs propelling you higher and higher I cannot begin to imagine. :shock: I can picture you now, toiling at your keyboard, probably wearing just a dirty vest and underpants, in your attic bedroom or rented basement, with hardly time to stop for a sandwich. A noble leader who nobody wants to follow. :cry:
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Harbal wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:08 am
Alexis Jacobi wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:35 pm Every post here, every paragraph, catapults me higher & higher as if lifted by heaven’s skyjacks!
And I doubt this is the only forum where you are fighting your good fight. How many posts and paragraphs propelling you higher and higher I cannot begin to imagine. :shock: I can picture you now, toiling at your keyboard, probably wearing just a dirty vest and underpants, in your attic bedroom or rented basement, with hardly time to stop for a sandwich. A noble leader who nobody wants to follow. :cry:
He just needs a sidekick named Sancho Panza.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:58 pm You're making your own reality and not a very healthy one. I'd rather "bicker" than be in a "war" of any kind. A war is generally a bilateral, antagonistic affair where one may legitimately seek to win through almost any means necessary, including lies, deception, and dehumanization of an enemy. I either agree or disagree with others where I see good reasons to. I'm not out to win at all costs. I'm more interested in truth and will generally concede when I'm wrong, though I can be, admittedly, stubborn. But I'm not at war.
Phhhhttttt!

This is not about me, or you, making our reality. The Reality we live in -- political, social, ideological -- has been confected by others.

We are in a war. Wars are going on around us daily. And these are wars-of-consequence. One faction in the power-establishment has engaged quite literally in ideological war against this odd figure known as Donald Trump. That is one blaring example. Where have you been Gary?
A war is generally a bilateral, antagonistic affair where one may legitimately seek to win through almost any means necessary, including lies, deception, and dehumanization of an enemy.
I suggest you consider fourth generation warfare.
Fourth-generation warfare is defined as conflicts which involve the following elements:

Complex and long term
Terrorism (tactic)
A non-national or transnational base – highly decentralized
A direct attack on the enemy's culture, including genocidal acts against civilians.
All available pressures are used – political, economic, social and military
Occurs in low-intensity conflict, involving actors from all networks
Non-combatants are tactical dilemmas
Lack of hierarchy
Small in size, spread out network of communication and financial support
Use of insurgency tactics as subversion, terrorism and guerrilla tactics
Decentralised forces
Amazing it is that you make this statement ["a war is generally a bilateral, antagonistic affair where one may legitimately seek to win through almost any means necessary, including lies, deception, and dehumanization of an enemy"] without seeming to realize this describes to a *t* the warlike atmosphere we are in, like it or not. It has nothing to do with your personal will nor mine. These are power-struggles the nature of which are hard to see clearly. Those who battle to gain the assent of your will certainly try to win using any means necessary. Have you been soundly asleep?
including lies, deception, and dehumanization of an enemy.
Yep, you got it right. But you seem genuinely not to grasp the nature of the on-going struggles. This is amazing to me. You are completely tuned out then, aren't you? That is your right of course.
I'm not out to win at all costs.
Abstractly though, if your enemy is 'out to win at all costs' -- and if one recognizes an enemy and opposition -- then at least you had better be aware of the nature of the fight and the depth the enemy will go.

I am not asserting that all aspects of our lives (civil or personal) are war-zones. But I am very convinced that wars are being conducted around us.

When I refer to being at war I mean to be acutely aware of what is at stake. That involves warrior clarity. And indeed a personal, intellectual heroism.

You sound as if you are inebriated or zoned-out. What do you read? Who are the authorities in opinion and idea that you pay attention to? Genuine question. How do you form your ideas of this world and what is going on, now, today, in it?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:37 am
Gary Childress wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:58 pm You're making your own reality and not a very healthy one. I'd rather "bicker" than be in a "war" of any kind. A war is generally a bilateral, antagonistic affair where one may legitimately seek to win through almost any means necessary, including lies, deception, and dehumanization of an enemy. I either agree or disagree with others where I see good reasons to. I'm not out to win at all costs. I'm more interested in truth and will generally concede when I'm wrong, though I can be, admittedly, stubborn. But I'm not at war.
Phhhhttttt!

This is not about me, or you, making our reality. The Reality we live in -- political, social, ideological -- has been confected by others.

We are in a war. Wars are going on around us daily. And these are wars-of-consequence. One faction in the power-establishment has engaged quite literally in ideological war against this odd figure known as Donald Trump. That is one blaring example. Where have you been Gary?
A war is generally a bilateral, antagonistic affair where one may legitimately seek to win through almost any means necessary, including lies, deception, and dehumanization of an enemy.
I suggest you consider fourth generation warfare.
Fourth-generation warfare is defined as conflicts which involve the following elements:

Complex and long term
Terrorism (tactic)
A non-national or transnational base – highly decentralized
A direct attack on the enemy's culture, including genocidal acts against civilians.
All available pressures are used – political, economic, social and military
Occurs in low-intensity conflict, involving actors from all networks
Non-combatants are tactical dilemmas
Lack of hierarchy
Small in size, spread out network of communication and financial support
Use of insurgency tactics as subversion, terrorism and guerrilla tactics
Decentralised forces
Amazing it is that you make this statement without seeming to realize this describes to a *t* the warlike we are in, like it or not. It has nothing to do with your personal will. These are power-struggles the nature of which are hard to see clearly. Those who battle to gain the assent of your will certainly try to win using any means necessary. Have you been soundly asleep?
including lies, deception, and dehumanization of an enemy.
Yep, you got it right. But you seem genuinely not to grasp the nature of the on-going struggles. This is amazing to me. You are completely tuned out then, aren't you? That is your right of course.
I'm not out to win at all costs.
Abstractly though, if your enemy is 'out to win at all costs' -- and if one recognizes an enemy and opposition -- then at least you had better be aware of the nature of the fight and the depth the enemy will go.

I am not asserting that all aspects of our lives (civil or personal) are war-zones. But I am very convinced that wars are being conducted around us.

When I refer to being at war I mean to be acutely aware of what is at stake.

You sound as if you are inebriated or zoned-out. What do you read? Who are the authorities in opinion and idea that you pay attention to? Genuine question. How do you form your ideas of this world and what is going on, now, today, in it?
Pffft. It's a reality you've created or else absorbed through the junk you read. Liberate yourself! Most people are not your enemy unless you make them out to be. Some of us would be happier to see you flourish than ensnared in the rubbish you're reading.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:29 amHe just needs a sidekick named Sancho Panza.
I take your jibe. I am wounded!

But unfortunately:
Sancho alone believed that everything his master said was true; because he knew his family, and had been acquainted with himself from his cradle. The only doubt that he entertained was of the same beautiful Dulcinea del Toboso; for, never had such a name or such a princess come within the sphere of his observation, altho’ he lived in the neighbourhood of that place.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:48 am Pffft. It's a reality you've created or else absorbed through the junk you read. Liberate yourself! Most people are not your enemy unless you make them out to be. Some of us would be happier to see you flourish than ensnared in the rubbish you're reading.
Oh? You mean there is hope?

Would you kindly name what your believe to be rubbish? And can you explain why?
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:53 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:48 am Pffft. It's a reality you've created or else absorbed through the junk you read. Liberate yourself! Most people are not your enemy unless you make them out to be. Some of us would be happier to see you flourish than ensnared in the rubbish you're reading.
Oh? You mean there is hope?

Would you kindly name what your believe to be rubbish? And can you explain why?
Anything that tells you you're in a war. Because you're not.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:55 amAnything that tells you you're in a war. Because you're not.
Right. So you were talking out your asshole then, right?

Whether you see any of the points I make, or don't, is completely irrelevant to my assertions. You have no idea of what you are talking about. Literally none.

Some references to fourth generation of war.

Wake up Gary.
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:00 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:55 amAnything that tells you you're in a war. Because you're not.
Right. So you were talking out your asshole then, right?

Whether you see any of the points I make, or don't, is completely irrelevant to my assertions. You have no idea of what you are talking about. Literally none.

Some references to fourth generation of war.

Wake up Gary.
If you want that badly to be in a war, then knock yourself out. Just be aware that all of it is in your head. Or don't be. I won't be joining your folly. You'll have to wing it yourself. Just don't fuck up the world any worse than it already is.
Alexis Jacobi

Post by Alexis Jacobi »

Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:05 am If you want that badly to be in a war, then knock yourself out. Just be aware that all of it is in your head. Or don't be. I won't be joining your folly. You'll have to wing it yourself. Just don't fuck up the world any worse than it already is.
You are now just being stupid. A man with a warrior attitude as a discipline or a spirituality is one thing. I define myself in that type of battle.

That the world is in a state of war is a separate issue — be it fourth or fifth generational war. Pay attention (more) over the next few years. What I am saying will make more sense.

Look into it a bit and you will understand. Or continue playing the fool — it’s equal to me. Notice that my success in communication is not linked to your understanding disabilities.

(Thank Heavens!)
Gary Childress

Post by Gary Childress »

Alexis Jacobi wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:15 am
Gary Childress wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:05 am If you want that badly to be in a war, then knock yourself out. Just be aware that all of it is in your head. Or don't be. I won't be joining your folly. You'll have to wing it yourself. Just don't fuck up the world any worse than it already is.
You are now just being stupid. A man with a warrior attitude as a discipline or a spirituality is one thing. I define myself in that type of battle.

That the world is in a state of war is a separate issue — be it fourth or fifth generational war. Pay attention (more) over the next few years. What I am saying will make more sense.

Look into it a bit and you will understand. Or continue playing the fool — it’s equal to me. Notice that my success in communication is not linked to your understanding disabilities.

(Thank Heavens!)
Right... :roll: