Christianity

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Nick_A

Re: Christianity

Post by Nick_A »

Harbal wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:34 pm
Nick_A wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:26 pm
Of course. objective Conscience always was and provides our awareness of objective value in relation to our source.. Its truth is grounded in God. Its origin is God. It is demonic to seriously challenge God or universal purpose from human pride or vanity. Fortunately all this cursing out God or the Christ only effects the outer man or personality so easily forgiven as meaningless. To sin against the Holy Spirit effects the inner man so only a few are capable of it and best avoided.
We are children of the Earth, Nick, and for the brief duration of our time on the Earth, would it not be more appropriate to give our attention to Earthly things?
Are we children of the earth or also children of the light? We are dual natured. Henri Nouman wrote:

"To whom do we belong? This is the core question of the spiritual life. Do we belong to the world, its worries, its people and its endless chain of urgencies and emergencies, or do we belong to God and God's people."

Doesn't it make more sense that the purpose of the human soul when we have one, is to receive from above and give to below? This means knowing how to take care of the earth from a higher conscious perspective rather then abusing it and justifying it through secular hypocrisy?
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:53 pm
"The one who believes in the Son has eternal life; but the one who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.” (John 3:36)

What if we used our free will and prefered not to be born at all, like never be born ever? What if every male human that is born right now, decided to have a vasectomy and voluntarily chose to go extinct like the dinosaurs did, then what would God do with himself then?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:58 pm What if we used our free will and prefered not to be born at all,
Too late. :lol:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:53 pm

Are we children of the earth or also children of the light?
The earth is light. The body is light. There is only this earthly fleshy experience that can be known. Everything else is just delusional fantasy.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:59 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:58 pm What if we used our free will and prefered not to be born at all,
So males do not have the free will that God gave them to choose to have a vasectomy?
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:50 pm
Well, how do you read that verse, Harbal?
I read it as God looking for trouble, but I reckon he's biting off more than he can chew this time. :evil:

Omnipotence don't impress me.
To be honest, I think that's how we have to read it. I'm open to hearing alternatives.
Here's an alternative: God can stuff it up his jumper. :|

:wink:
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:53 pm
Are we children of the earth or also children of the light? We are dual natured. Henri Nouman wrote:

"To whom do we belong? This is the core question of the spiritual life. Do we belong to the world, its worries, its people and its endless chain of urgencies and emergencies, or do we belong to God and God's people."

Doesn't it make more sense that the purpose of the human soul when we have one, is to receive from above and give to below? This means knowing how to take care of the earth from a higher conscious perspective rather then abusing it and justifying it through secular hypocrisy?
You can go wherever you like in your imagination, Nick, but just make sure you are back in time to haul yourself out of bed and get to work.
Harbal

Post by Harbal »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:01 pm
There is only this earthly fleshy experience that can be known.
I'll settle for an earthly fleshy experience. :)
Last edited by Harbal on Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Nick_A wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:53 pmTo whom do we belong?
We do not belong to any one or anywhere, there is only life living itself, nowhere, here now.
The Human Body Emits, Communicates with, and is Made from Light. Increasingly science agrees with the poetry of direct human experience: we are more than the atoms and molecules that make up our bodies, but beings of light as well.
There is nothing higher than human sentient awareness. It's not even human awareness, because the concept itself is a thought, which is totally ethereal by it's very nature. Concepts are artificially imposed upon this mysterious not-knowing awareness. If there is a God, then God must already be this sentient awareness. I mean how can one even begin to imagine anything outside of this already present awareness. It's absurd to think there is anywhere else or thing other than this immediate presence that is here now.

And even if there are other animals and creatures on this planet with a very high sense of awareness, we have no access to that, and it's not like they are building churches of worship to idolise some God in the hope of eternal life, this is all just absurd silly childish fantasy nonsense.

We are but a pinprick of light within an ocean of billlions and billions of other lights, namely suns or stars or whatever you want to call light.
Last edited by Dontaskme on Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Harbal wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:17 pm

I'll settle for an earthly fleshy experience. :)
Well it's not quite your bedtime yet Harbal. So be patient! :wink:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

You evaded the question didn't you.

It's never too late to use free will we have been given by some God you believe exists, simply because irrationality is your only logic.

What if humans chose extinction, what will your God do without no one to worship and obey him?

What's he going to do, sit around knitting booties for babies that are never going to be born?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:02 pm
I have no idea what "the question" really was. It was so nonsensical, so unrelated to anything I had said, that I quite frankly didn't bother.

Still not gonna.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:04 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:02 pm
I have no idea what "the question" really was. It was so nonsensical, so unrelated to anything I had said, that I quite frankly didn't bother.

Still not gonna.
Well of course your not going to bother with the hard questions you have no answer for. That's not difficult to understand is it. You simply only hear what you want to hear, we all know that by now.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Still not gonna.
Your gramma is slipping, isn't that meant to be going to. :wink:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Still not gonna.
You said...
"The one who believes in the Son has eternal life; but the one who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.” (John 3:36)

And in relation to that idea of eternal life... I replied....

What if we used our free will and preferred not to be born at all, like never be born ever? What if every male human that is born right now, decided to have a vasectomy and voluntarily chose to go extinct like the dinosaurs did, then what would God do with himself then?

Why is my question nonsensical?