Christianity

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: Christianity

Post by Immanuel Can »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:01 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:56 am God's telling you how it's going to be, like it or not.
Your version of God is not God for other people.
You think you get to make up your own God?

Good luck with that. You're going to need it.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:13 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 3:56 am God's telling you how it's going to be, like it or not.

Your interpretation of God and God’s supposed words, thoughts, plans, based on an archaic book written by men of a certain time in humankind’s history, supposedly positions you above other people in knowing the truth about God. :lol: What’s clear is that you simply cannot get over yourself. You are an idol unto yourself. Your threats are stupid.
Last edited by Lacewing on Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nick_A

Post by Nick_A »

Dubious wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:57 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:46 am
[Jesus answered Nicodemus] “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him. The one who believes in Him is not judged; the one who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. And this is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the Light; for their deeds were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light, so that his deeds will not be exposed. But the one who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds will be revealed as having been performed in God.”
What a crap-load of loathsome, disgusting propaganda. The description and desperation of a pathetic god who pleads to be believed in! What does it even mean to be "believed in"? What are we obliged to believe in order to be saved! And what about all the others who lived and never had a chance of believing in poor pathetic Jesus. What happens to them? What about the majority of Jews who decided to remain Jewish instead of converting to Christianity?

This quote, when considered rightly, reeks with pure prejudice and hate. It's a threat, an overt judgment against those who refuse to succumb to an inherently evil command, one that couldn't be more despicable coming from a supposed god. The NT is an ancient version of Mein Kampf...a total misrepresentation and distortion of what may normally be considered even remotely enlightened.
One quick question from Corinthians 1:

14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

I'm not asking you to believe anything but isn't it possible you are relying on dianoia or (discursive thought) to understand what is only discerned through the Spirit? If true, what good are your objections? Perhaps conscious contemplation from being attracted to the light may be more appropriate.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:30 am Your interpretation of God and God’s supposed words,...
Read the words yourself. Then you interpret them.

Of course, there are consequences for what you decide. A person who has been told something is responsible for what she knows. This is why Jesus said, "Take care how you listen..." We all answer for what we know, and what we should know, no matter how hard we try to deny we know it.

And a "threat"? I never make those. I have neither ability nor authority to do any such thing. I'm just telling you what I know.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Nick_A to Dubious wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:32 am One quick question from Corinthians 1:

14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

I'm not asking you to believe anything but isn't it possible you are relying on dianoia or (discursive thought) to understand what is only discerned through the Spirit? If true, what good are your objections? Perhaps conscious contemplation from being attracted to the light may be more appropriate.
You cannot know what the Spirit is for everyone. You cannot know what God is for everyone. A person's own experience with spirit, God, whatever, is meaningful to them. Why wouldn't it be a direct, personal relationship? An interpretation by someone/something else that is projected onto other people is self-indulgent arrogance. No one is needed to interpret for anyone else!
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:44 am I'm just telling you what I know.
You don't know anything.
bobmax

Post by bobmax »

Nick_A wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:30 pm
bobmax wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:22 pm
Yes, but since the recognition of the insoluble contradiction implies conscious anguish, then, if one does not have sufficient faith in the Truth, one ignores the contradiction.

Thought hits the insuperable limit but pretends nothing has happened, folds carelessly, as if the limit did not exist.

Lack of faith makes you miss the opportunity.
True, without faith in the potential for something more than enduring internal contradiction, we just slip back into forgetting. The problem seems to be remembering faith with the help of the Spirit leading to freedom.
The desert must be crossed.

I am still Adam, I am still Cain.

I was thrown into the world.
And in the world there is evil, evil is in me, I myself am evil...
Is this the ultimate truth?

It's up to me, and me alone, to say no!

This is perhaps the only freedom granted to me: to affirm that in spite of all the Good is!

But it takes all my faith in the Truth.
To cross the desert.
As evil is only Ariadne's thread for my return home.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:45 am
You don't know anything.
We'll see. That's inevitable.
Lacewing

Post by Lacewing »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:05 am
You don't know anything.
I don’t need your limited interpretations and projections. Save your cautionary words for yourself -– as you’re the one they apply to.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Lacewing wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:09 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:05 am
You don't know anything.
I don’t need your limited interpretations and projections. Save your cautionary words for yourself -– as you’re the one they apply to.
We'll see.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:54 am
Dubious wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:47 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:32 am
All you have to do is read, and you have the answers to those questions.
You just quote and because it's from the bible that in itself finalizes it.
You asked. The answers are there.

That you don't like them? That's fine: your approval is not required. That's on you, not on anybody else.

But now you know.
What I do know is that the NT is one of the biggest and most dangerous fraud pieces ever perpetrated on Western Society.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Absolutely! We've been doing through the ages and it's easy to tell because they're all so ungodlike, as for example, Jesus whining to be believed in apparently afraid to disappear if no one believed in him.
Dubious

Post by Dubious »

Nick_A wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 4:32 am
Dubious wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:57 am
[Jesus answered Nicodemus] “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him. The one who believes in Him is not judged; the one who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. And this is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the Light; for their deeds were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light, so that his deeds will not be exposed. But the one who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds will be revealed as having been performed in God.”
What a crap-load of loathsome, disgusting propaganda. The description and desperation of a pathetic god who pleads to be believed in! What does it even mean to be "believed in"? What are we obliged to believe in order to be saved! And what about all the others who lived and never had a chance of believing in poor pathetic Jesus. What happens to them? What about the majority of Jews who decided to remain Jewish instead of converting to Christianity?

This quote, when considered rightly, reeks with pure prejudice and hate. It's a threat, an overt judgment against those who refuse to succumb to an inherently evil command, one that couldn't be more despicable coming from a supposed god. The NT is an ancient version of Mein Kampf...a total misrepresentation and distortion of what may normally be considered even remotely enlightened.
One quick question from Corinthians 1:

Why do you believe that spirit, which there is, but only in the sense of being alive, namely that which animates, can only be derived from the bible which you incessantly quote as seemingly being its true and valid source? Do you still believe that these silly and trite sayings really convey any truth about what spirit really means to an atheist or theist? For one thing spirit doesn't require a god or any god mandate; if it did, it wouldn't be spirit since that implies choice and not anything resembling coercion as usually commanded by god.

There are far greater versions of spirit than that hosted by the bible which is inimical in its very foundation of what spirit implies or meant to imply. Christianity has hardly been of any service in expounding that entity to its full power...just the opposite.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

"Life," in this context, is permanent, eternal life, as you can see (underline, above). Nicodemus, who has come to Christ, has asked him about how to get it. Jesus is answering.

To not "see life" refers not to temporal life, which is actually just a slow procession toward death, but eternal life. And it's that Nicodemus wanted to "see," and that which Jesus was promising to him.
Seeing life is self-evident in this always immediate seeing that can never be unseen. :shock:
Life is eternal since death is the end and the beginning too. Death is needed for life to survive - this is the paradox.
Life cannot be eternal if death is absent - this is the paradox. Birth and Death are the same one eternal reality.

Life cannot manifest an eternal life without death - this is the paradox. Eternity has to include death if it is to be eternal.
The entire universe dies every moment only to be born every moment. Such is the intelligence of life.

Your so called bible has personified life as belonging to a 'separate individual' when in truth the real meaning of the word 'individual' is absolute unity, one without a second.

The bible is just a DEAD echo of the the 'human conscience' within consciousness itself, which is an illusory story apparently appearing out of silence.

Even a child would understand this simple pointing that life is already eternal, because there is simply no known beginning nor ending to birth and death..aka LIFE...this is so obvious to anyone with half a brain cell.

But you IC will never accept this truthless truth. So be it.

Your so called bible is full of distortion and bamboozle. It's obviously a human psyop and probably written by the Roman Empire intended to be become a useful tool for manipulating every gullible listener through the age old method of brainwashing and mindcontrolling that would last for centuries from time immemorial.

And you IC are deluded to worship a personified image you calle Jesus. When in truth, Jesus was just an image of the imageless. :shock:

You are making idol of yourself, and God told you not to do that remember :shock: and that's why DAM is here to DAMn you. :shock:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Dubious wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:14 am

Absolutely! We've been doing through the ages and it's easy to tell because they're all so ungodlike, as for example, Jesus whining to be believed in apparently afraid to disappear if no one believed in him.
IC has no argument with anyone regarding his belief in God. While he has God on side; IC will remain forever and eternally infallible which suits him completely to the maximum degree, and will force him to remain inpenetrable and impossible to understand leaving himself a closed book forever.

His bible is 100% proof that God is real. Even though the book is totally empty of knowledge and consists of nothing more than wads of paper and ink which will turn to infinitesimal particles of ash at the mere contact with any fire. In essence Nothing exists, nothing is real, and nothing can NEVER be understood, and is why nothing can only be known as EVERYTHING one without a second. ( This ever elusive mysterious Knowing that cannot be known )

IC simply cannot handle that truthless truth, and he is not alone in his fear and rejection of it.

IC has even suggested the idea that at death there maybe someone that follows on after death, and this is a fearful desperation, it's like trying to be ahead of the curve because enough is never enough for IC...it's not enough for IC to just admit he knows nothing.

IC will take to his grave his God...and then there will be silence once again. Futile to even hope there is any chance of knowing death. IC will become one with the silence - one with the nothingness. And he doesn't like that, so he will choose the alternative to what he doesn't like, he will choose to live in the greatest ''fairy story'' that no one ever wrote.