Christianity

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

vegetariantaxidermy

Re: Christianity

Post by vegetariantaxidermy »

Harry Baird wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:23 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:10 am I never 'imply'.
Oh, right. You quote words of mine in your response but of course you don't mean to imply anything by that.

I wrote:

"I don't think, though, that it can be denied that skin colour becomes for certain folk with negative views of certain other folk the primary means of identifying those other folk who are the target of their negative views."

I provided the KKK as an example when it comes to "bleck" folk.

You quoted all of this, claiming implicitly that the KKK have other criteria than skin colour, but now you disclaim that you were attempting to refute my primary claim.

Try that on with a noob, dude.

I provided a counter-example based on your own words. Deal with it or return to your dark and fiery chamber of golden treasures.
I don't owe you anything fuckface. I was simply pointing out that the KKK hate pretty much everyone. Clear and simple. No 'hidden agenda' you paranoid little twat.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Harry Baird wrote:
attofishpi wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:33 am I pinched the below from your conversation with AJ:-
Harry Baird wrote: Do you recognise the basic principles that (1) it is wrong (tautologically; by definition) to steal property, and that (2) property that is anyway stolen should, where possible, be returned to its rightful owner(s)?
Is this what you think about Australia and its land?
Yes.
I'm really not sure how this could happen.
1. Aborigines never owned any land, so nobody stole anything.
2. Who are "we" to return land to since the people that the land was "stolen" from are all dead?
Harry Baird

Post by Harry Baird »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:28 am I don't owe you anything fuckface. I was simply pointing out that the KKK hate pretty much everyone. Clear and simple. No 'hidden agenda' you paranoid little twat.
I see. Are you happy, then, to affirm my claim, which, again, is:

"[It] can[not] be denied that skin colour becomes for certain folk with negative views of certain other folk the primary means of identifying those other folk who are the target of their negative views."

?

You're quite right that you don't owe me anything, but this would help to clear things up.
vegetariantaxidermy

attofishpi wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:37 am
Harry Baird wrote:
attofishpi wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:33 am I pinched the below from your conversation with AJ:-

Is this what you think about Australia and its land?
Yes.
I'm really not sure how this could happen.
1. Aborigines never owned any land, so nobody stole anything.
2. Who are "we" to return land to since the people that the land was "stolen" from are all dead?
That's ok. He's going to donate his home to the aboriginal guy next door. Don't try to stop him. He wants to do it.
vegetariantaxidermy

Harry Baird wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:41 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:28 am I don't owe you anything fuckface. I was simply pointing out that the KKK hate pretty much everyone. Clear and simple. No 'hidden agenda' you paranoid little twat.

"[It] can[not] be denied that skin colour becomes for certain folk with negative views of certain other folk the primary means of identifying those other folk who are the target of their negative views."

?

You're quite right that you don't owe me anything, but this would help to clear things up.
I don't know. Ask a racist.
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:43 am
Harry Baird wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:41 am

?

I don't know. Ask a racist.
Apparently we are all racist because we won't give stuff back that other people "stole" over 100 years ago.
Harry Baird

Post by Harry Baird »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:37 am 1. Aborigines never owned any land, so nobody stole anything.
I don't consider any of that to be genuine, so it seems to be a waste of my time to engage with it, but, briefly:

Re #1: Indigenous Australians see themselves as custodians of the land, and therefore responsible for it. They are, in European terms, then, as good as owners, albeit that they use terms like "custodianship" rather than "ownership".

Re #2: Land can be owned by groups as much as individuals.
Harry Baird

Post by Harry Baird »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:43 am I don't know. Ask a racist.
You're simply playing power games. As I quoted you, you'd already acknowledged that certain folk - certain South Africans in particular - are racist on the basis of skin colour. Here your words are again:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:19 am I was talking to one old white South African immigrant from a neighbouring property who kept referring to 'bleck' people as 'gorillas'.
But now you disclaim knowledge of that - that I have to ask a racist to find out, as if you hadn't already blatantly affirmed it.

Drop the game-playing. I've been sincere with you. Return the favour.
Harry Baird

Post by Harry Baird »

attofishpi wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:46 am Apparently we are all racist because we won't give stuff back that other people "stole" over 100 years ago.
What's with the quotes? It was clearly theft outright.

The time scale has to be put into perspective. The indigenous inhabitants of this land have occupied these lands for tens if not hundreds of millenia. A century is 0.1 of a millenium.
vegetariantaxidermy

Harry Baird wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:51 am
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:43 am I don't know. Ask a racist.
You're simply playing power games. As I quoted you, you'd already acknowledged that certain folk - certain South Africans in particular - are racist on the basis of skin colour. Here your words are again:
vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:19 am I was talking to one old white South African immigrant from a neighbouring property who kept referring to 'bleck' people as 'gorillas'.
But now you disclaim knowledge of that - that I have to ask a racist to find out, as if you hadn't already blatantly affirmed it.

What the fuck do you want? There's nothing to 'answer'. I've just said I don't fucking know.
Last edited by vegetariantaxidermy on Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Harry Baird

Post by Harry Baird »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:00 am
Harry Baird wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:51 am

What the fuck do you want? There's nothing to 'answer'. I've just said I don't fucking know.
All I want is for you to stop playing dumb, which is its own type of power play. You clearly said that your white South African neighbour kept referring to 'bleck' people as 'gorillas', so, you clearly do have an answer to the question as to whether "skin colour becomes for certain folk with negative views of certain other folk the primary means of identifying those other folk who are the target of their negative views".

Acknowledge as much and we can move on.
vegetariantaxidermy

I can 'move on' without your permission :lol:
Harry Baird

Post by Harry Baird »

vegetariantaxidermy wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:13 am I can 'move on' without your permission :lol:
And I can recognise without your permission that "moving on" for you entails failing to get real, and being content to play games, pretending that your words don't have the consequences and implications that they obviously do.
vegetariantaxidermy

:|
attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Harry Baird wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:54 am
attofishpi wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:46 am Apparently we are all racist because we won't give stuff back that other people "stole" over 100 years ago.
What's with the quotes? It was clearly theft outright.

The time scale has to be put into perspective. The indigenous inhabitants of this land have occupied these lands for tens if not hundreds of millenia. A century is 0.1 of a millenium.
Wow. Do Aborigine tribes that STOLE land from other tribes also give back land?

Do we go back through time to every people that happened to occupy land from across the globe through force and demand they give it back...and to who does everyone give the land back to - the descendents?

In the case of Aborigines what happens where the descendents are mixed race...omg, what a nightmare. Good luck with that Harry, and who would have thought a " do gooder" lefty would re-ignite racial tensions, wow...truly I am astounded.

Where are you going to move Harry?