Christianity

For all things philosophical.

Moderators: AMod, iMod

Immanuel Can

Re: Christianity

Post by Immanuel Can »

attofishpi wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:05 am As a Christian myself, I rate you...
Hmmm...what happened to "Judge not, lest ye be judged"?
Certainly, most of my friends are "thinking" atheists and they would not stoop to take full advantage (of others) no matter what the cost,

I said that. Most Atheists are inconsistent in that way. They cling to conventional morality, even though they deny its premises. And I'm glad they do.

But they're inconsistent. If consistency is a virtue, they manifestly don't have it. Atheism rationalizes only amorality: any moral precept taken beyond that is merely arbitrary and personal. They can't insist it's really "right."
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:48 pmNietsche saw that logic. And while even he lacked the courage to follow it through completely, he knew full well that's what logic required. It required us all to be "beyond good and evil."
Y do you think i care wot some other tosser thinks
Atheists do. They quote Nietzsche often. You may not, but you say you're not an Atheist.

And he is certainly presently regarded as a kind of Atheist "saint," if such things there be: he was the most famous declarer of the claim, "God is dead." And they love to quote him because he was smart. And he was...except for the fact that his fundamental premise was wrong, which makes everything he said based on it also wrong...but they don't realize that. They just like him.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:41 am
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:48 pm It required us all to be "beyond good and evil."
And yet when I put that idea to you - you mocked it.
Nietzsche was wrong.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

RCSaunders wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:45 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:48 pm
attofishpi wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:14 pm But you admit that you would likely take full advantage (of others) no matter what the cost (had you believe there was no God watching over your actions) - as per your above statement?
Any thinking Atheist would. (But I'm no Atheist, of course.)

He would know that no moral constraints hang over his head, and he could not possibly miss the simple logic of, "I want it, I can get it, and when my life is over there is no more -- so what is there to prevent me from getting it, save my own cowardice?"
This is how a mind works that has been totally corrupted by superstition and is unable to reason or think correctly.
Then let's "correct" it.

Fill in the premise:

Premise 1: No God exists (fundamental to Atheism, obviously)
Premise 2: ____________________________________________________________
Conclusion: Therefore, I am obliged to obey moral precept X. (You pick the moral precept)

If you cannot complete the syllogism, then you're wrong and I'm right, obviously.
...human beings' only value to each other is in what they can provide one another as producers.
You put human beings at the level of dairy cows. Nice. :D
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:24 pm
Immanuel Can wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:48 pm It required us all to be "beyond good and evil."
Nietzsche was wrong.
Nietzsche had nothing to do with the idea that I put to you. So I'm not sure why you've quoted him as wrong.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

...human beings' only value to each other is in what they can provide one another as producers.
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:28 pmYou put human beings at the level of dairy cows. Nice. :D
RCSaunders is correct.

And no he didn't put humans at the level of dairy cows, YOU DID. . because you like to deflect truths about yourself to that of animal, and that's because you despise your actual true nature.

Which conveniently brings us back to the issue I put to you regarding "beyond good and evil." - which you mocked.

Truth be known, you have no argument, simply because anyone who claims he knows God, can have no argument with another. And you are too thick to realise that.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:29 pm
Nietzsche was wrong.
Nietzsche had nothing to do with the idea that I put to you. So I'm not sure why you've quoted him as wrong.
"Beyond Good and Evil" is the title of one of his most famous books. I'm surprised you don't know that.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:56 pm
Nietzsche was wrong.
"Beyond Good and Evil" is the title of one of his most famous books. I'm surprised you don't know that.
I wasn't referring to Nietzsche's book. You have somehow deflected what I was referring to what you want to say about the issue, as per usual, there's no surprise there though.
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:00 pm

I wasn't referring to Nietzsche's book.
And yet you included it in the quote you clipped.

Well, now you know.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:04 pm
Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:00 pm
I wasn't referring to Nietzsche's book.
And yet you included it in the quote you clipped.

Well, now you know.
You are being totally semantic, because that's the game you love to play.

I was referring to the quote ''Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.'' Which to me is the same idea as saying - ''It required us all to be beyond."Good and Evil''

wrongdoing and rightdoing - good and evil

What the difference?

You deflected, just own it, or be a coward.

What I would like to know is how come it's ok for you to say the same thing I say...but when I say it, you mock it?
Immanuel Can

Post by Immanuel Can »

Dontaskme wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:10 pm I was referring to the quote ''Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.'' Which to me is the same idea as saying - ''It required us all to be beyond."Good and Evil''
Then you have no understanding at all of Nietzsche.

And the quotation is still really, really goofy. There is no such "field."
wrongdoing and rightdoing - good and evil
What the difference?
You don't know any difference between givng somebody food, on the one hand and eating them, on the other? :shock:
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:20 pm And the quotation is still really, really goofy. There is no such "field."
So what did you mean when you said...''to be beyond"Good and Evil''

What do you mean by ''beyond'' which is basically what the terminology ''field'' was referring to.

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:20 pmYou don't know any difference between givng somebody food, on the one hand and eating them, on the other? :shock:
More deflection. Err, I wasn't referring to the difference between Good and Evil....

I was referring to the difference between these two statements....one made by me, and the other made by you.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.'' AND ''It required us all to be beyond."Good and Evil''
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

DontAskMe quoted and commented:
I was referring to the quote ''Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.'' Which to me is the same idea as saying - ''It required us all to be beyond."Good and Evil''
Rumi

I love that poem from Rumi! It explains and describes how good and evil are human ideas, and that there is the Absolute (which some believe to be "God") ."Field" is a lovely metaphor" .
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Belinda wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:44 pm DontAskMe quoted and commented:
Rumi

I love that poem from Rumi! It explains and describes how good and evil are human ideas, and that there is the Absolute (which some believe to be "God") ."Field" is a lovely metaphor" .
Thank you.

At last, someone with a bit of sanity and sense.
Dontaskme

Post by Dontaskme »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:20 pm

And the quotation is still really, really goofy. There is no such "field."
Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:20 pmIn the Biblical conception, God's the only reason anybody can "do" anything, being the Transcendent Creator of all things material. In other words, in the Biblical view, God is not less powerful than the material world, but is far greater than the material order.

And that has to be right, if we posit that God is the Creator. There's no other way it could be.
Transcendent: beyond or above the range of normal or physical human experience.

You are losing ground Cant. Time to stop goofing around.

The cure for a punishing imagination is to give it no mind.

Intelligent people stopped believing in invisible people a long time ago. :shock:

Why are you so heavy :shock:

attofishpi

Post by attofishpi »

Immanuel Can wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:22 pm
attofishpi wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:05 am As a Christian myself, I rate you...
Hmmm...what happened to "Judge not, lest ye be judged"?
Duh. As you keep insisting, we are ALL getting judged anyway!! What a stupid statement.

btw. To the congregation you probably project your thread atheist bashing errands up on a screen to, please note...I rate your PASTOR (ROT_SAP) as a SHIT Christian.

God just kicked me out of bed at 3am to deal with you AND now I gotta do the hard yards of getting all my words that you chopped out back, you just won't self analyse and be a half decent - a fair, ethical Christian will you. (too busy preaching it seems)